What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

Any updates on 'Agent'? They're still making that game right?
On 24 May 2011, Take-Two confirmed that Agent was still in development at that point in time. During a fiscal earnings conference call , Take Two answered a listener’s question about Agent saying that it is indeed still in development.

Is Final Fantasy XIII worth trying or is it too damn complicated to be fun?
No.eta i'll do a write up tomorrow to explain why.
huge final fantasy fan and i agree.
I never played the game, but every review I've seen said it gets really good after 30 hours of gameplay. Oof.The other common complaint that I've heard is that the game was too linear. But I loved all of the Japanese linear RPGs from the 90s, so I don't know why this is such a bad thing. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I learned from E3 yesterday:

The Kinect as a game controller is an absolute failure except for a dance or guitar hero type game. There was a pretty cool Roman warrior type game that they were showing and peeked my interest, right until they showed some goober standing there head butting, punching, slashing etc etc. What person in their right mind is gonna stand there and play a game like this for an hour? They then showed the sports games and we got to watch two more goobers playing football. It was painful

The Kinect as a voice recognition system could be fantastic.

BF3 is going to be insane.

Skyrim with over 300 hours of game time is going to be incredible.

Sony really has nothing to offer and should blow everything up and start over.

Is it me or has Sony completely mismanaged this gen? How could they have so dominated with PS1 and PS2 and just completely mismanaged the market with PS3? They don't release their system till well after the 360 is established. Their games are average at best. Their system is a bulky nightmare the likes of the orignal XBox. Then you add in the PSN failure and you have a dead in the water system. PS1 was the first system I ever bought with my own money and PS2 was one of my favs of all time. PS3 just has no allure to me and I dropped $400 on an XBOX360 when it came out. How could they lose me, the loyal PS user that fast? I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Is it me or has Sony completely mismanaged this gen? How could they have so dominated with PS1 and PS2 and just completely mismanaged the market with PS3? They don't release their system till well after the 360 is established. Their games are average at best. Their system is a bulky nightmare the likes of the orignal XBox. Then you add in the PSN failure and you have a dead in the water system. PS1 was the first system I ever bought with my own money and PS2 was one of my favs of all time. PS3 just has no allure to me and I dropped $400 on an XBOX360 when it came out. How could they lose me, the loyal PS user that fast? I can't imagine I'm the only one.
$799 entry point for the PS3 absolutely killed them. I would love to know the inner workings of the gaming division of sony and see what went on internally to cause so many poor decisions.

I loved my PS2 and only bought the PS3 when I finished my basement and needed a Blu Ray. It was actually on sale when I bought TV and stuff. At that point, I had stopped gaming since my daughter was born and I didnt have a ton of time. I have slowly been getting back into it. Having said that, I am interested in getting a 360 because of Halo and GOW and the fact that more people I know and iknow play online with 360. Not sure if Ill take the plunge yet but we will see if they package the system with GOW like they have done in the past. I hear great things about those games. Plus my two little nephews got it for xmas last year so it would be cool to play with/against them

'Insein said:
meh. They've sold nearly the same number of PS3s as XBOX360s - this round of the console wars is a lot less feast or famine then previous rounds. Yes, PS3 should have dominated since they had the built-in advantage from PS1 and PS2, and Sony screwed up by releasing late. I wouldn't call it a huge failure though.

'Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Weird. If I was to do a personal Top Ten list of my favorite games from this generation, I would guess that at least 6-7 would be Sony exclusives. And PS3 exclusives will probably make up about half of the games I play this year, maybe a little less since Skyrim and BF3 figure to be time sinks.

'Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

The Kinect as a game controller is an absolute failure except for a dance or guitar hero type game. There was a pretty cool Roman warrior type game that they were showing and peeked my interest, right until they showed some goober standing there head butting, punching, slashing etc etc. What person in their right mind is gonna stand there and play a game like this for an hour? They then showed the sports games and we got to watch two more goobers playing football. It was painful

Uncharted 3 looked incredible as always. That Playstation TV looked interesting, but at 24" it's only good for dorms. I wonder if it will work well as a computer monitor. Either way, I'd like to see more of that split screen technology for gaming in the future, if it works.

The PSVita looked cool, although, I'll likely never buy it. The price is about right though. I expected a higher launch price, so that's good.

And of course, you overlooked Sony's biggest game announcement! ABC's Wipeout! Hell yeah!

I admit, I'm not a PS3 gamer, so I've never seen the appeal of Resistance. It just looks like another shooter to me, but I have never gotten a chance to play it. Since the first was a launch title, I'm sure there is appeal from PS3 owners. But I've always wondered if that was WHY there was appeal. Again, I've never played it, so I'm not knocking the games. I'm sure it's Resistance 3 is a something PS3 owners are looking forward to.

Of course, there was Bioshock Infinite, but it's a multi-platform release. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

The only other game I remember was the new Sly Cooper. Another game I wasn't overly excited about. I didn't care for the others.

When Sony was talking about exclusives and mentioned Battlefield 3, I thought they really had Microsoft 1-upped for sure. Until they said that the exclusive is that you get 1943 for free. Every Battlefield fan would already have that downloaded by now, methinks. But um... ok.

Uncharted is a series I wish I had a PS3 for, though.

'Insein said:
MLB The Show, Uncharted series, Little Big Planet, Infamous, God of War 3, Metal Gear, Killzone series. All awesome games. Not sure where u get average at best

'Buddy Ball 2K3 said:

They always want to reach out to more regular gamers and this is the future they are looking for beyond the gimmicks of the wii/kinect/move. Problem is they don't know it yet.

New Nintendo system is called "Wii U"... Demo video shows some really cool uses of the new touchscreen controller as it interacts with the television screen. Looks like a winner to me.

I admit, I'm not a PS3 gamer, so I've never seen the appeal of Resistance. It just looks like another shooter to me, but I have never gotten a chance to play it.
I hated Resistance FWIW. It's one of the few games that I didn't even bother to finish.

'Insein said:
MLB The Show, Uncharted series, Little Big Planet, Infamous, God of War 3, Metal Gear, Killzone series. All awesome games. Not sure where u get average at best
Ive played uncharted and thats about the only thing on here that I would be willing to purchase. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan all the way back to the NES days but 4 was just bleh. I played it at my friend's house. I'm glad I never bought it. God of war is played out. LBP is neat but then it gets old after about an hour. MLB the show is a nice game but nothing I'm shelling out $300 for. Killzone is beyond overated. That might just be from playing halo for so many years and being tired of console FPS but Killzone does nothing for me. So aside from Uncharted, average at best.

'jamil said:
'bosoxs45 said:
'GTBilly said:
Is Final Fantasy XIII worth trying or is it too damn complicated to be fun?
No.eta i'll do a write up tomorrow to explain why.
huge final fantasy fan and i agree.
Final Fantasy XIII didn't live up to its own legacy coming from an outside view.(I don't remember playing a lot of western RPGS growing up)I had no interest in doing the side quests. The world starts to open up after Chapter 11. But i'd say don't be fooled by reviews which state it is open. Due to the linear feeling of FF13, the story and characters suffer tremendously which hurts the game overall and not just the gameplay. The story feels kinda dull, and have no attachment to any of the characters.RPGs need exploration(like fallout 3) and deep story telling(mass effect>hi) to be successful.While I did enjoy some moments of the game, mainly near the end, it was very lackluster overall til the credits rolled. If your looking for a great story game from 2010, try Vanquish.

'Insein said:
Ive played uncharted and thats about the only thing on here that I would be willing to purchase. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan all the way back to the NES days but 4 was just bleh. I played it at my friend's house. I'm glad I never bought it. God of war is played out. LBP is neat but then it gets old after about an hour. MLB the show is a nice game but nothing I'm shelling out $300 for. Killzone is beyond overated. That might just be from playing halo for so many years and being tired of console FPS but Killzone does nothing for me. So aside from Uncharted, average at best.
The thing I like about Sony is that even though I can rattle off a bunch of PS3 exclusives that don't do it for me (God of War, LBP, Gran Turismo, Resistance), they put out so many high-quality games that it's almost impossible not to find a bunch that are just about perfect and right up my alley (Demon's Souls, Motorstorm, Killzone 2, MGS4, Uncharted). And it seems like there's always something different right around the corner (Twisted Metal, Last Guardian). But this sort of thing is always pretty subjective, so if you're telling me that you really think that every Sony exclusive other than Uncharted is "average at best," well okay then. The 360 has Halo, so it sounds like you bought the right console for you.

The Wii U was interesting, to say that least. There really wasn't anything shown for it other than the controller and concepts. It was like the Kinect announcement 2 years ago. I think it will be a success. I may even buy it at launch, depending on price. So far, though. No price or release date has been announced. The tech looked promising. But we'll see. We need to see some actual hardware and gameplay footage from the hardware. What we saw was conceptual videos and just game trailers that may or may not be from other consoles. I'm guessing the former since the system isn't ready yet.

The 3DS content looked good. The 3DS is lacking in software right now, and some are already calling it a failure. But those people forget that the DS didn't have a good software lineup for almost a year either before it picked up. I believe the 3DS will pick up once the games are there to support it and from what we saw, that should be by this holiday.

Here is a couple of hands-on articles on the new Wii U system. I haven't read them yet, so they both may be the same article. But here they are. Phil Kollar of GameInformer and Kotaku.

Just a theory, but I think the guys who got to play Wii U already only got to play the Wii on the Wii U controller. I really only think they showed us the controller.

'Insein said:
The thing I like about Sony is that even though I can rattle off a bunch of PS3 exclusives that don't do it for me (God of War, LBP, Gran Turismo, Resistance), they put out so many high-quality games that it's almost impossible not to find a bunch that are just about perfect and right up my alley (Demon's Souls, Motorstorm, Killzone 2, MGS4, Uncharted). And it seems like there's always something different right around the corner (Twisted Metal, Last Guardian). But this sort of thing is always pretty subjective, so if you're telling me that you really think that every Sony exclusive other than Uncharted is "average at best," well okay then. The 360 has Halo, so it sounds like you bought the right console for you.
I'm not even trying to say XBox is better. I'm beyond Halo'd out at this point. 3 was the end for me there. I'm just saying I used to worship at the sony alter and now I have almost no interest in their products. My close group of friends are the same. Now I have twins and a family but they are still clinging to the single life. They play video games about 90% of their lives and spend each night on XBL. We all had PS2's and PS1's and spent endless hours both on and offline playing even marginal games and enjoying them. None of us have purchased a PS3 and to my knowledge they don't intend to. Maybe its my own small sphere of reality but it just seems Sony missed with this gen on gamers like us. Maybe that was their intention.

'Insein said:
I'm not even trying to say XBox is better. I'm beyond Halo'd out at this point. 3 was the end for me there. I'm just saying I used to worship at the sony alter and now I have almost no interest in their products. My close group of friends are the same. Now I have twins and a family but they are still clinging to the single life. They play video games about 90% of their lives and spend each night on XBL. We all had PS2's and PS1's and spent endless hours both on and offline playing even marginal games and enjoying them. None of us have purchased a PS3 and to my knowledge they don't intend to. Maybe its my own small sphere of reality but it just seems Sony missed with this gen on gamers like us. Maybe that was their intention.
Same exact situation here and with all my friends. Loved PS1&2, but the PS3 games just don't grab me besides Demon Souls.

The Wii U was interesting, to say that least. There really wasn't anything shown for it other than the controller and concepts. It was like the Kinect announcement 2 years ago. I think it will be a success. I may even buy it at launch, depending on price. So far, though. No price or release date has been announced. The tech looked promising. But we'll see. We need to see some actual hardware and gameplay footage from the hardware. What we saw was conceptual videos and just game trailers that may or may not be from other consoles. I'm guessing the former since the system isn't ready yet.

The 3DS content looked good. The 3DS is lacking in software right now, and some are already calling it a failure. But those people forget that the DS didn't have a good software lineup for almost a year either before it picked up. I believe the 3DS will pick up once the games are there to support it and from what we saw, that should be by this holiday.

Here is a couple of hands-on articles on the new Wii U system. I haven't read them yet, so they both may be the same article. But here they are. Phil Kollar of GameInformer and Kotaku.

Just a theory, but I think the guys who got to play Wii U already only got to play the Wii on the Wii U controller. I really only think they showed us the controller.
I'm very excited about this console. I think they are really on to something here. The possibilities for innovative game design are almost limitless. It will be a real breakthrough in multiplayer gaming for sure. Social interactivity through the video chat will be a nice touch for some. If the console has good media capabilities (I'm sure it will), browsing media through the touch screen or taking it with you to another room to watch on the handheld will be very slick. I can almost guarantee Sony and MS will be incorporating similar technology into their next gen consoles.My only real concern is that the hardware will be lacking compared to whatever the next MS/Sony consoles offer, as they'll be coming out at least two years later. If Nintendo were thinking ahead they would make the Wii U's graphics upgradeable -- maybe by incorporating an expansion slot to plug in a separately purchased video card upgrade down the road?

'Insein said:
If the PS3 had come out before the Xbox, you and your friends would probably be playing the PS3 right now and saying the MS missed the boat. Based on my experiences, the 2 systems are more similar than different when it comes to game libraries and gameplay, yet it's the 5-10% of things that are different that causes debate. That's probably also the reason that you have no intention of getting a PS3 and I have no interest in getting an XBOX - there's no huge advantage that one system has over the other, or enough to justify 300 to 500 on system, games and accessories. :shrug:

'Insein said:
If the PS3 had come out before the Xbox, you and your friends would probably be playing the PS3 right now and saying the MS missed the boat. Based on my experiences, the 2 systems are more similar than different when it comes to game libraries and gameplay, yet it's the 5-10% of things that are different that causes debate. That's probably also the reason that you have no intention of getting a PS3 and I have no interest in getting an XBOX - there's no huge advantage that one system has over the other, or enough to justify 300 to 500 on system, games and accessories. :shrug:
Possibly. Of course we dropped $200 on DC, $300 on PS2, and then another $300 on XBox within a 3 year span. So its not like we werent willing to throw loads of money at consoles. It probably does have a lot to do with the 360 being first for the next gen though. Perhaps Xbox live played a factor also since I'm used to the online interface now. Maybe if PS3 comes down to $200. Of course I also want to get a 250gb 360 at some point too. Who knows though. :shrug:

'Insein said:
It just sounds like youre not into gaming as much as you used to be in general.

'Insein said:
It just sounds like youre not into gaming as much as you used to be in general.
Could be. Certainly don't have nearly as much time anymore.

I'm a big WW2 buff, but I don't own a single WW2 game. my current gaming system is PS3 (grandfathering in PS1 & 2). I really don't play many games on my PC.

what are some of the best WW2 games that I can play on PS?

I'm a big WW2 buff, but I don't own a single WW2 game. my current gaming system is PS3 (grandfathering in PS1 & 2). I really don't play many games on my PC.what are some of the best WW2 games that I can play on PS?
Medal of honor 1 and 2 for sure for the PS1. Pretty much renewed the whole WW2 genre. Of course the graphics are pretty dated by this point. Call of Duty 1, 2 and 3 were pretty good FPS's set during WW2. Captured the feel of being on the front lines well enough. Not sure of any next gen games that have anything other than graphics to offer to the genre though on the consoles.

Wow if Ryse looks anything like its E3 presentation it finalyl makes Kinect look beyond just a kids and grandparents gaming tool

Very slick looking Rome fighting game with you doing the kicks and dagger throws

Ubisoft had a good showing last night at their conference. Assassin's Creed: Revelations stole the show. Also of note was Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Far Cry 3, Gearbox's Brothers in Arms: Furious Four - which took an interesting new approach: it seems to be like Borderlands set in WW2, and Driver: San Francisco, which doesn't seem to be the same teleporting Driver game that was shown last year.

Out of those, AC:Revelations and GR: Future Soldier look like must play games. Sure, it may not look like an all outstanding show, but at least they didn't have anything to show like Your Shape: Fitness Evolved to bore us or Battle Tag to make us go WTF!? like last year.

Wow if Ryse looks anything like its E3 presentation it finalyl makes Kinect look beyond just a kids and grandparents gaming toolVery slick looking Rome fighting game with you doing the kicks and dagger throws
Are you really gonna stand in front of your TV for an hour, kicking, punching and head butting into thin air? Kinect/Motion controller = major flop

Ubisoft had a good showing last night at their conference. Assassin's Creed: Revelations stole the show. Also of note was Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Far Cry 3, Gearbox's Brothers in Arms: Furious Four - which took an interesting new approach: it seems to be like Borderlands set in WW2, and Driver: San Francisco, which doesn't seem to be the same teleporting Driver game that was shown last year.

Out of those, AC:Revelations and GR: Future Soldier look like must play games. Sure, it may not look like an all outstanding show, but at least they didn't have anything to show like Your Shape: Fitness Evolved to bore us or Battle Tag to make us go WTF!? like last year.
Ubisoft IMO easily had the best show. Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Far Cry 3, and Gearbox's Brothers in Arms: Furious Four all surprised me. They showed little gameplay but the trailers all gave me the feeling that few others provided. If they do Far Cry and the Furious Four correctly, they could be huge hits.

that assassins Creed trailer wasnt real game footage right? that had to be actors

I'm a big WW2 buff, but I don't own a single WW2 game. my current gaming system is PS3 (grandfathering in PS1 & 2). I really don't play many games on my PC.what are some of the best WW2 games that I can play on PS?
Medal of honor 1 and 2 for sure for the PS1. Pretty much renewed the whole WW2 genre. Of course the graphics are pretty dated by this point. Call of Duty 1, 2 and 3 were pretty good FPS's set during WW2. Captured the feel of being on the front lines well enough. Not sure of any next gen games that have anything other than graphics to offer to the genre though on the consoles.
COD2 never made it to the ps3.

that assassins Creed trailer wasnt real game footage right? that had to be actors
That was likely in-game CGI footage, just like you see in cut scenes or startup demo. Here was the live gameplay of AC:Revelations. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-assassins-creed/714944

Far Cry games, after the first, have always been about great pre-release hype followed by actual game disappointment. Shoulder cannon anyone? MP with that thing was ridiculous.

I think the one thing that differentiates the PS3 from the 360 is the online experience. I own both consoles. I've had my 360 since 2008 and got my PS3 this past Christmas. I was a huge Playstation fanboy and was an owner of the PSOne and PS2. I had my PS2 until last year when the laser finally quit working.

XBL is far superior to PSN in my opinion. The interface is much better and it is much easier to find your friends and create parties etc. Don't get me wrong I really like my PS3 and I game on both. Although my PS3 library is growing rather slowly.

Hardware wise I dont see much of a difference and I am not surprised that there isnt much seperating the two consoles there. It's the software and the online experience that will seperate the two.

As a new PS3 owner the PSN outage really put a bad taste in my mouth. I was only able to reset my password yesterday as the server was down over the weekend. Thankfully I didnt have any credit card info or anything like that on my account.

I got my PS3 for some of the exclusives, like Uncharted and Gran Turismo and for the BluRay. If a title is available on both consoles I will most likely buy it for the 360, especially if it has multiplayer. Although I did buy L.A. Noire for the PS3 and am enjoying it.

As a new PS3 owner the PSN outage really put a bad taste in my mouth.
It should. I don't play online all that much and spent the entire outage working through Portal 2 and Mass Effect 2, not missing PSN at all, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth anyway, just on the general principle of the thing. It would have really sucked to pick up Socom 4 or something like that and have it just sit there unused for a month.

Has anyone ever been to E3? Worth the trip for a :nerd: -gasm? I think I could convince my wife to let me go at some point.

Re: the Wii U, it seems as though it might work with only one tablet-style controller at a time. If that's the case, my enthusiasm is fading quickly. It's still a cool feature, but much more of a gimmick than a revolution in gaming.

COD2 never made it to the ps3.
Not in their store? That sucks. Its probably the best version.

I think the one thing that differentiates the PS3 from the 360 is the online experience. I own both consoles. I've had my 360 since 2008 and got my PS3 this past Christmas. I was a huge Playstation fanboy and was an owner of the PSOne and PS2. I had my PS2 until last year when the laser finally quit working.

XBL is far superior to PSN in my opinion. The interface is much better and it is much easier to find your friends and create parties etc. Don't get me wrong I really like my PS3 and I game on both. Although my PS3 library is growing rather slowly.

Hardware wise I dont see much of a difference and I am not surprised that there isnt much seperating the two consoles there. It's the software and the online experience that will seperate the two.

As a new PS3 owner the PSN outage really put a bad taste in my mouth. I was only able to reset my password yesterday as the server was down over the weekend. Thankfully I didnt have any credit card info or anything like that on my account.

I got my PS3 for some of the exclusives, like Uncharted and Gran Turismo and for the BluRay. If a title is available on both consoles I will most likely buy it for the 360, especially if it has multiplayer. Although I did buy L.A. Noire for the PS3 and am enjoying it.
I feel the same way about the online experience. Now granted, XBL has been out for almost 7 years now. They've had time to work out a lot of kinks. PSN could get there but the fact that they only tried to start it 2 years ago is a huge detriment.

Far Cry games, after the first, have always been about great pre-release hype followed by actual game disappointment. Shoulder cannon anyone? MP with that thing was ridiculous.
I admit that I agree here. Although the trailer looked good, I can't help but remember how bad the other games were.

Has anyone ever been to E3? Worth the trip for a :nerd: -gasm? I think I could convince my wife to let me go at some point.
I think PAX would probably be the one to attend. Although I'm not really the kind of person that thinks standing in lines for 2 hrs to play 3-5 minutes of a game would be all that fun. Sure, the excitement is there, but its all wasted. I would like to attend the press conferences, though.

I admit that I agree here. Although the trailer looked good, I can't help but remember how bad the other games were.
Did you ever play MP with us? I remember running around with the shoulder cannon (M95 I believe) and it was a single hit anywhere and insta-kill. Hit you in the leg? Dead. Arm? Dead. Big toe? Dead. I stopped playing about 3 days after I unlocked it.

Users who are viewing this thread