What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Is dazn helping to crack down on illegal streams?

i looked on my top site last night and didn’t see anything, but did t look at anywhere else because I was dead tired and nodding off, only to wake up and sip my whiskey.

Is dazn helping to crack down on illegal streams?

i looked on my top site last night and didn’t see anything, but did t look at anywhere else because I was dead tired and nodding off, only to wake up and sip my whiskey.
I don't know who's ultimately responsible for those counter-measures, the promoter/mgmt. company, the platform, or both. Possible it was hard to find a stream because it was a crappy fight that nobody really should've given a #### about.

Missed the first 7 rounds but looks like Jermell got robbed.  I think his brother could have a challenge on his hands too

Missed the first 7 rounds but looks like Jermell got robbed.  I think his brother could have a challenge on his hands too
I didnt think it was close but i wish they showed punch stats after the fight. Its funny how so many say the judges are rigged but no way was a Charlo loss on the cards fixed

My year-end awards

Knockout of the Year- Teofimo Lopez KO1 Mason Menard.  Ordinarily I don't consider fights of this caliber for awards but that KO was unreal.  Menard was out before he even fell.

Round of the Year- Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury Round 12.  Wilder needed a BIG final round to have a shot at winning the fight and he got it, landing a brutal combo that toppled the giant Fury and was worthy of KO of the year...except Fury got up.  And then survived Wilder's attempt to finish.  And then re-established control.

Fight of the Year- Deontay Wilder KO10 Luis Ortiz.  A slow start led to explosive fireworks.  Multiple times, each fighter looked to be in dire trouble, only to come back and damage his opponent.

Fighter of the Year- Oleksandr Usyk.  Usyk beat three high-level opponents in impressive fashion to win the WBSS, unify the cruiserweight title and establish himself as a top-2 all-time cruiserweight, with only Evander Holyfield himself above him.  In an era of smaller heavyweights (meaning any era but this one), he would be a real threat to move up and take over.  He just might anyway.

KOTY: Inoue KO1 Payano. Beautifully executed 1-2 against a good opponent. 

FOTY: Tanaka/Kimura. Holy lord Jesus. Please watch this if you havent already.

ROTY: Round 4 (?) Of Saucedo/Lenny Z.

Fighter: Usyk.

I think it will be a good fight but i agree.  Pacquiao wins by decision or tko.  There is of course a small chance AB finally has taken a step forward and taken this serious....... but i doubt it. 

Unless Pac is just totally washed, he should easily beat Broner. Broner isn’t that good and is never in good shape. 

Badu was bleeding like stuck pig. Now more fanfare for the main event. Why do R&B singers feel the need to oversing the national anthem?

Didn't bother to watch.  Worth going out of my way to catch replay next week?
Pac steadily picked at Broner, mixing it up, changing looks, not doing a ton of damage, but winning every round (I had it 12-0). Broner stayed back and tried to counter, the whole fight. He threw a couple of cursory 1-2's that landed on Pac's guard, but otherwise he stayed way on the back foot,  trying to counter. Except he has poor timing, and Pacquiao seemed to have him figured out from the get go. Got rocked a couple of times, but managed to clinch his way out of danger. Never really changed anything up.

He landed 50 punches on Pacquiao. I typed that number correctly. No clue why anyone pays to watch him fight, he's absymal.

Good Posting Judge said:
Pac steadily picked at Broner, mixing it up, changing looks, not doing a ton of damage, but winning every round (I had it 12-0). Broner stayed back and tried to counter, the whole fight. He threw a couple of cursory 1-2's that landed on Pac's guard, but otherwise he stayed way on the back foot,  trying to counter. Except he has poor timing, and Pacquiao seemed to have him figured out from the get go. Got rocked a couple of times, but managed to clinch his way out of danger. Never really changed anything up.

He landed 50 punches on Pacquiao. I typed that number correctly. No clue why anyone pays to watch him fight, he's absymal.
Good to know.  Thanks

So what’s next for pac?  They said he had interest in the winner of Spence Garcia if mayweather isn’t game.  I really don’t want to see him fight Spence.  Garcia would be interesting though.  I’d watch Crawford too.  Think Spence is too big for pacquiao at this point.  I’d rather see Pac-Man go down to 140.

So what’s next for pac?  They said he had interest in the winner of Spence Garcia if mayweather isn’t game.  I really don’t want to see him fight Spence.  Garcia would be interesting though.  I’d watch Crawford too.  Think Spence is too big for pacquiao at this point.  I’d rather see Pac-Man go down to 140.
I agree with all you posted.  i don't want to see pack go out badly.

Didn't watch the fight, will likely watch a replay to see what state Paq is in now and watching Broner getting smashed (again) is always fun.

Outside of another Paq/Mayweather stinkfest, Garcia does sound like a reasonable opponent.

That being said, I don't think Paq beats any of the top guys anymore (Spence and Crawford).

Yeah Thurman doesn't look like he can keep anyone off him. He might not get back to the level where we see him fight Spence. I don't think he gets past Porter or Pacquiao at this point.

Teofimo is making me a believer. I'm not hard to impress though. I have been watching bare knuckle boxing all night.

Users who are viewing this thread