What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Not able to watch, but it sounds like every Mayweather fight. Doesn't matter who he fights, he wins every round, and it's kind of boring. Is that about right?

I'd happily pay $70 to PPV to watch Floyd swim with a crocodile or get hit by a bus, but this is the last fight I'm ordering - barely gets touched, plays defense, & wins in unanimous decision always.

Not able to watch, but it sounds like every Mayweather fight. Doesn't matter who he fights, he wins every round, and it's kind of boring. Is that about right?
To me, yes. Some appreciate his style though.
I think he is sensational. Boxing has changed. The best fighters are more tactical now. I think it's because they can watch so much tape and take so much time between fights. They no longer go in looking to beat the hell out of the opponent.

Floyd is definitely winning, but he has a lot to deal with for 6 more rounds. Canelo wont win this on the cards, but maybe a stoppage.

I think he is sensational. Boxing has changed. The best fighters are more tactical now. I think it's because they can watch so much tape and take so much time between fights. They no longer go in looking to beat the hell out of the opponent.
I get it. But I grew up with the great 70s heavies, followed by Tyson. Nothing beats two mammoth dudes, standing toe-to-toe, beating the snot out of each other.

I get it. But I grew up with the great 70s heavies, followed by Tyson. Nothing beats two mammoth dudes, standing toe-to-toe, beating the snot out of each other.
Agreed. I have probably watched hagler Herns and hagler Leonard 20 times each. But the sport has changed and I still want to love it so I have changed as well. Too much money in it to get beat up. Lennox and money both realized that winning was enough - no need to put on a show to get paid.

Mayweather fights to his strengths, and he fights to win by decision.

Just can't hit the guy. Its like he turned the cheat codes on.
Amazing, isn't it? Once you get over the disappointment of not seeing a bloodbath it really is sensational to watch. He's unbelievable...perhaps the best current athlete at his given sport, Lebron included.

12:04 AM

tkeown

Now comes the time in every fighter's bout with Floyd when they realize a KO is the only chance.

1. 10-9 money

2. 10-9 money

3. 10-9 money

4. 10-9 money

5. 10-9 money

6. 10-9 canelo

7. 10-9 money

8. 10-9 money

For me, its watching a genius at work. Its like watching Michaelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel.
I understand this, but as a casual boxing fan, I want to see slugging, I can't help it. If boxing is going to be dominated by defensive guys who can't be touched, I won't pay to watch it. I'll enjoy reading about it, but I'm not going to shell out $70 to see a predictable outcome. That's not why I watch sports.

Users who are viewing this thread