What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (3 Viewers)

The jabs of Wilder would be interesting against Klitschko...but I think Klitschko's body work would devastate Wilder.

I'd like to see the fight...but lean Klitschko still.

Damn...how old is he now?

Does Wilder have a right?
Looks decent when it comes in right behind that stiff jab.

I'd love to see it more.

It's awkward when it's a hook and awful looking when it actually goes to the body.

But that piston jab is great and when the straight right comes behind it...wow.

I'm impressed with Wilders ring generalship...he's smart...keeps moving...Stiverne just never stepped in front of his circle and cut him off.

Wilder stay pretty composed the whole match...even getting wrestled down didn't get him out of his gameplan.

Stiverne couldn't bait him into taking him on "man to man" and stand ground...Wilder just kept backing up and moving...smart fighter.

This is more impressive than a 2nd round KO. Legit skills here.
Was gonna say something similar GB. This is an impressive win by Wilder based most importantly on how the fight went as well as the opponent. This wasnt another guy he just KO'd in a round or 2. This was for the title, vs the best fighter he's ever faced. He couldve possibly KO'd him or dominated the decision, but he probably won it 10-2 or so on the cards so its hard to do better than that.

you have to think this fight just made him a much better fighter ...going the distance and getting the rounds in vs a pretty good fighter . He grew more in this one fight than he did in his last 10 fights

I had it 116-112, but I gave the 2 toss-up rounds to Stiverne and thought heavily about a 10-8 round early on.

Wilder looked like a legit boxer tonight. Still a little unpolished in spots, but with a jab like that, damn.

Mauro Ranallo calling for Wilder/Fury. That'd be a hell of a fun fight. The newly-minted American darling against the brash British ########.

So Wilder can't get Klitschko next?
Maybe not. I do think Tyson Fury would be a nice test for Wilder. Like Stiverne, another not-a-tomato-can fighter, but this time with size. Fury is like 6'8" or 6'9" and talks #### like no other. Also undefeated, IIRC. He's beaten a handful of name guys, Dereck Chisora x2, Steve Cunningham, so I'd say he's a little more battle-tested than Wilder, who really only has 1 marquee fight to his name. Might be a good fight for both parties.

Maybe not. I do think Tyson Fury would be a nice test for Wilder. Like Stiverne, another not-a-tomato-can fighter, but this time with size. Fury is like 6'8" or 6'9" and talks #### like no other. Also undefeated, IIRC. He's beaten a handful of name guys, Dereck Chisora x2, Steve Cunningham, so I'd say he's a little more battle-tested than Wilder, who really only has 1 marquee fight to his name. Might be a good fight for both parties.
Would be in the US?

Tyson Fury vs Wilder would be amazing, this had to happen. Tyson is made for TV, the guy is a DB to the 10th power but in the ring he is very similar to Wilder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be in the US?
Both Wilder and Stiverne were talking about Fury as their next opponent. Both indicated they'd be willing to travel to the UK (Fury is British) for the fight.

Would be in the US?
Both Wilder and Stiverne were talking about Fury as their next opponent. Both indicated they'd be willing to travel to the UK (Fury is British) for the fight.
What drives that? Wilder should have the leverage.

Would be in the US?
they better wear helmets in the ring if Wilder ...i mean when wilder wins

Would be in the US?
What drives that? Wilder should have the leverage.
Fury is a bigger star in England than Wilder is here and has been drawing bigger crowds for longer. Boxing is more popular there. He's a pretty big star.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20150119/NEWS/150119615?tc=cr

World heavyweight boxing champion Deontay Wilder had X-rays after returning from winning the title that appear to show a fracture in his right hand.
I could see it...his hooks are terribly awkward.

Felt like there was one shot to the body that may have landed badly...you could probably pinpoint it since he only throws maybe 2 or 3 body shots.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20150119/NEWS/150119615?tc=cr

World heavyweight boxing champion Deontay Wilder had X-rays after returning from winning the title that appear to show a fracture in his right hand.
i was thinking as he was hammering right hands off his opponents head id be surprised if he doesnt break that hand lol
I could see him busting a knuckle (ha)...with one of those straight shots behind that piston jab...but those hooks probably broke a bone in his hand (metacarpus or wrist).

Users who are viewing this thread