What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (3 Viewers)

Oklahoma freshman running back Joe Mixon reached a plea deal this week to avoid going to trial on the misdemeanor charge of acts resulting in gross injury.

Mixon entered an Alford plea, which allowed him to continue asserting his innocence. He was handed a one-year deferred sentence, 100 hours of community service and behavior counseling.

Mixon was accused of punching a female student July 25, breaking four bones in her face. After the incident, Mixon was suspended from football-related activities for one year.

Mixon's attorney, Kevin Finlay, released a statement shortly after the agreement became public.

"Today, Joe has made the decision that entering an Alford Plea to the misdemeanor and accepting the short period of probation was the best course of action at this point in his life," the statement read. "Joe does not want to be a further distraction to his family, friends, teammates, and the University of Oklahoma.

"Joe would like to apologize to everyone affected by this unfortunate chain of events. Joe looks forward to continuing towards his goal of becoming a successful student and athlete at the University of Oklahoma."

I have a hard time believing Mixon will be around next year. The video comes out in the next few days, and the local media that has seen it make it sound as if it looks pretty bad. I could easily see a visceral reaction, like with the Ray Rice video, that would pretty much make it impossible for him to stay here.

My hunch (and it's pure guessing, no inside info or anything), has always been that he stuck around this year so that all this stuff would be associated with him as a Sooner. Even if it costs him another year of eligibility, it might be better to get all this out of the way here and then move on to his next school with at least a fresher start. If he left in August, the upcoming video is big news at his new school before he's even eligible. Granted, it's not like he'd be arriving anywhere as a choir boy, but at least let the really nasty news cycles run in Norman and give people wherever he winds up some time to forget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, Bob was a little miffed at the crowd booing because they had a bunch of recruits in Saturday. Sure, Bob. Blame the crowd for hurting your recruiting efforts.

Apparently, Bob was a little miffed at the crowd booing because they had a bunch of recruits in Saturday. Sure, Bob. Blame the crowd for hurting your recruiting efforts.
At his press conference he said he "didn't give a ####" what fans thought on social media. Not good, he could have put that a bit differently. Alienating the fans is not a good policy, even for a coach like him.

Perine should have been born in Australia, NZ, or South Africa. I mean he's good at gridiron football but he would have been amazing at rugby. His drive is incredible.

Perine should have been born in Australia, NZ, or South Africa. I mean he's good at gridiron football but he would have been amazing at rugby. His drive is incredible.
this makes zero sense to me
Big bottom small. He can move a pile like nobody's business
but judging by your avatar you should be thrilled he's a Sooner and not an all black

Perine is amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
So the boys and I sat through the downpour in Norman today to watch Perine set the record. It was a wonderful experience. I seriously think he could have gotten another 25 - 50 yards if Stoops left Perine in the game. With 8 minutes left on the clock Perine crushed the old record. Breaking the OU 1 game rushing record by 130 yards that was held for over 40 years. Was really something special today in Norman. Perine's interview afterwards was remarkable as well they way he thanked his lineman, wr's, and fb's. When Perine was asked if he could still run his response was, "whatever the teams needs me to is what I will do, I still have some gas in the tank!"

Good to hear, Shiznit - we tend to turn into snobs and get disgusted if we aren't in the national title hunt, but it's still really fun to watch a game.

So the boys and I sat through the downpour in Norman today to watch Perine set the record. It was a wonderful experience. I seriously think he could have gotten another 25 - 50 yards if Stoops left Perine in the game. With 8 minutes left on the clock Perine crushed the old record. Breaking the OU 1 game rushing record by 130 yards that was held for over 40 years. Was really something special today in Norman. Perine's interview afterwards was remarkable as well they way he thanked his lineman, wr's, and fb's. When Perine was asked if he could still run his response was, "whatever the teams needs me to is what I will do, I still have some gas in the tank!"
Awesome

sure is. She had like 80 followers and now 500.That tweet was RT 14000 times. She removed almost all her posts and pics, down to two total tweets.

I wanna know how she found out hubby was divorcing

sure is. She had like 80 followers and now 500.That tweet was RT 14000 times. She removed almost all her posts and pics, down to two total tweets.

From his tweet.

I don't get it. On her facebook page it looks like she just had a kid with some big white dude.

Also why do I care again?

From his tweet.
yeah but did she see it? Did a friend call and be like "Umm your husband just divorced you on twitter? How's DeMarco?"

If these morons would have figured out how good the running game was in October, they probably would have one loss max.

I still think Knight is the guy when healthy also. If they have Mixon, Ford, Perine, and Ross next year along with a good passing game they are going to be tough to beat.

Big scheme of things it's meaningless but it sucks to lose to OSU. Rudolph was pretty impressive, much better than that other guy they've been playing.

Users who are viewing this thread