What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 Mock draft 3 rounds (1 Viewer)

a_rackowski

Footballguy
Sorry about the formatting - I gotta get out of the door.

1 Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton QB - Panthers have a new regime, limited talent at the QB position and need to rebuild from the bottom up. Best place to start is QB.

1 2 Denver Broncos - Marcell Darius DT - Denver loves the kid, and has gaping holes at the DT position. Darius fits right in. As much as I have a feeling that

denver is going to get fancy here and trade back, Run defense is a huge need and Darius can play a major part of fixing.

1 3 Buffalo Bills - Tyron Smith OT - No question that Buffalo needs to build on the edges of that Offensive Line. CJ Spiller needs a Tackle, and whatever

QB they bring in, or even Fitzpatrick, needs some blind side protection.

1 4 Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green WR - The toughest pick in the top 10 for me. What I do know is that Cincinatti needs to totally rebuild its offense.

Jerome Simpson seems like a legitimate starting WR, but I think they still need a true #1 target and Green fits

that bill perfectly.

1 5 Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller OLB - Cards get a big time player who fills a major need. Arizona will pass on Gabbert at this point because I expect

them to acquire a veteran for Fitzgerald, who does not want to be part of a rebuild.

1 6 Cleveland Browns - Patrick Peterson CB - Having a tandem like Peterson and Haden could go down as one of the greatest CB tandems in NFL History.

Adding a talent like Peterson is a cant miss move and one the Browns would have to make.

1 7 San Francisco 49ers - Blane Gabbert QB - To me this is an easy decision. Alex Smith might stay on for one more year to tutor for half a season before

Gabbert takes over.

1 8 Tennessee Titans - Ryan Mallet - Titans have long been a team that will take a character risk. Titans have been a team that will take the guy they

like if they see a fit. Mallet is the man here, in my opinion the best QB in this draft.

1 9 Dallas Cowboys Prince Amukamara, CB - Dallas needs help at CB. Amukamara is a great talent, and fills perhaps their biggest need. I think Dallas

would look hard at Fairley but with Dez Bryants character concerns as of late I think they wwill pass.

1 10 Washington Redskins - Robert Quinn OLB - Quinn opposite Orakpo would do wonders for Washingtons biggest weakness which is lack of a pass rusher besides

Orakpo. Huge score for Washington.

1 11 Houston Texans - Daquan Bowers DE - Finally add a stud to work opposite Mario Williams. Dispite the fact that they are going to a 3-4 Wade Phillips

puts his DE in a position to make plays, and I can envision both guys lining up at OLB and being unleashed at

the QB.

1 12 Minnesota Vikings - Nick Fairley DT - With Pat Williams and Ray Edwards leaving adding someone to the Dline is a must. Fairley has the potential

to be the best of the 3 as soon as his rookie year. Teaming him with Allen, Kevin Williams and Jimmy Kennedy

could be dominating. I still think Fairley is the best player in this draft and will be a superstar in the league.

1 13 Detroit Lions - Julio Jones WR - Detroit wants to go defense in this draft, but before they do that they need to upgrade a really weak WR corps.

Adding Julio Jones to Calvin Johnson and Brandon Pettitgrew gives Stafford all he needs to win now. Add to the

fact that all 3 of these guys will be elite run blockers for their position and this move helps Detroit in multiple

ways.

1 14 St. Louis Rams - Kyle Rudolph TE - Bradford needs some additional help and a young QB needs that safety valve. A trade back is possible.

1 15 Miami Dolphins - Mike Pouncey G/C - Miami needs some versitility out of the guard position. The center of that offensive line was a joke last

year and whoever is the next QB needs to be able to have some confidence that it will be okay to step up in that pocket. Without

a 2nd round pick (BMARSHALL) the time is now to upgrade and get the top talent at the position.

1 16 Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan DE - I feel a potential for a trade with Denver here. Jacksonville would still love to add Tim Tebow and as stated earlier,

I believe Denver would like to head in another direction. If no trade is made, this pick will be Ryan Kerrigan. The Jags cannot go

wrong with this kid and very clearly they are interested.

1 17 New England Patriots from Oakland[R1 trade 1] Gabe Carimi OT - Protecting Tom Brady is a must. At 34 years old the window is closing and they cannot

afford to lose him to injury. Carimi is the most ready NFL Tackle prospect in the draft and would have been

a first rounder last year.

1 18 San Diego Chargers - JJ Watt DE - Great player, great motor, Watt steps right into Jacque Cesaire spot and starts there for the next few years.

The Chargers appear to be quite interested in Watt and he will be the pick if available.

1 19 New York Giants - Stefen Wisniewski C/OG - Giants are desperate for some help on the offensive line. Stefen Wisniewski is a great fit for this team because of his

ability to play multiple positions and on either side. I see no chance that he is not a pro-bowl player.

1 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Cameron Jordan DE - I like Jordan more than Aldon Smith simply because Jordan has the size and strength to play

Defensive End tomorrow. Most sites say he isnt an elite pass rusher, but I just do not believe he was

used that way at Cal.

1 21 Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor NT - Taylor is a stud and fills a huge need for the Chiefs. Taylor should be able to collapse the pocket a bit

which will do big things for pass rush and very clearly will help the run defense.

1 22 Indianapolis Colts - Anthony CosTonzo - Colts still are a very solid team without too many holes. The only thing glaring to me is the fact that

they need to upgrade the tackle position. With no delay the pick is Costonzo.

1 23 Philadelphia Eagles - Nate Solder OT - I think that if the Eagles do decide to trade Kolb, they need to put a priority on protecting Vick. Solder

would be an amazing fit on this team and after getting to work with Coach Mudd, could become one of the elite

offensive tackles in all of the NFL. I think that this is a pick the Eagles have to make.

1 24 New Orleans Saints - Akeem Ayers OLB - The Saints just have to upgrade the front 7.

1 25 Seattle Seahawks - Aldon SMith DE - Smiths fall stops here. I think he is too small and not strong enough to play 3 downs.

1 26 Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith CB - Ravens have Ray Lewis - who would keep smith grounded. Could be an absolute steal here. If Smith is available hes the pick.

1 27 Atlanta Falcons - Jabal Sheard DE - Falcons need to develop a DE opposite Abraham, who has limited time left. Sheard leaves it all on the field,

and might be the most NFL Ready of all of the Ends in this draft.

1 28 New England Patriots - Corey Liuget DT - Patriots look to the other side of the trench for a versitle player that could be special. I think he slides after

his monster rise because the truth is up until last season he was just another underperforming player.

1 29 Chicago Bears - Derek Sherrod OT - Looks the part of the left tackle of the future for Chicago. Bears will be lucky if he lasts this long.

1 30 New York Jets - Justin Houston OLB - Houston has one gear - chase the quarterback. While he has experience in the 4-3 and 3-4 I expect him to play a

similar role as Clay Matthews does with GB, where his job is only to attack the quarterback. Houston could be a

monster in this defense.

1 31 Pittsburgh Steelers - Cameron Heyward DE - Best player available for the Steelers who in my mind dont have any major holes.

1 32 Green Bay Packers - Mark Ingram RB - Ingram just makes the first round. With a passing attack as deadly as Green Bay, Ingram is going to find tons of

room to run and catch the ball.

2 33 New England Patriots - Taiwan Jones RB - The Patriots do not always do what people expect. I dont believe their goal is to get a 25 touch per game back

but I believe they want to walk away from here with a game breaker at the RB position. from Carolina[R2 trade 1]

2 34 Buffalo Bills - Colin Kaepernick QB - The Bills got their LT at the top of round one. Bell can move to RT, and the Bills Offensive line should be good

enough to put a young QB behind after a few games of seasoning.

2 35 Cincinnati Bengals - Christian Ponder QB - The Bengals have to face the music, Palmer is not committed to them. After selecting AJ Green, they

need to be 100% positive that they have someone talented enough to get him the ball if Palmer doesnt come

back.

2 36 Denver Broncos - Marvin Austin DT - Austin and Darius together will do amazing things for the Denver Run D.

2 37 Cleveland Browns - Muhammed Wilkerson DT - With the release of S. Rogers, I know the Browns were looking at this draft which is so rich in DT

and planning to replace him. In the 2nd round they get a player better than recent memory Rogers.

2 38 Arizona Cardinals - Jake Locker QB - If there is a good thing about throwing to Larry Fitzgerald, its that you do not have to be the most accurate QB

around cause nobody is better than Fitz at adjusting and getting the ball. Locker should be a good fit and a starter

from day one.

2 39 Tennessee Titans - Ras-I Dowling - Dowling should be a first round pick so he is a steal here. I think that wish some coaching he could be the first of the

group to see a probowl as a position player. There is nothing to not like about him.

2 40 Dallas Cowboys - Benjamin Ijalana RT - Cowboys do need a RT as Marc Columbo is better served as a backup player. Benjamin Ijalana should be a very good RT

in the pros and Cowboy fans should be glad this is turning out as it has.

2 41 Washington Redskins - Stephen Paea DT - Paea is a good pick at a position of need for the Redskins. With Paea, Quinn and Orakpo the Redskins

have made huge improvements to the front 7, and finally the pieces are starting to come together. Still , the Redskins

are in trouble offensively. They have huge needs at WR, QB, and OT, ILB and nobody to fill it yet. Without

3rd and 4th round ammo, they couldnt move up in the draft.

2 42 Houston Texans - Brooks Reed OLB - Mario, Bowers, and now Brooks Reed, the Texans have done an amazing job improving the pass rush and are looking like a team

designed for the 3-4.

2 43 Minnesota Vikings - Andy Dalton QB - Even if the Vikings go after McNabb, McNabb has proven to be ineffective as of late. Dalton is a 4 year starter who has

been THE part of a rebuilding Program that has seen its way to the top. He could come in and start but it would be ideal

to have him learn on the bench for at least half a season if not all of 2011.

2 44 Detroit Lions - Aaron Williams CB - The Lions need to add some talent here, especially in the NFC North where they need to contend with the Packers.

2 45 San Francisco 49ers - Davon House CB - House can cover, House can run. He has pretty good size and helps the 49ers at a major position of need.

2 46 Denver Broncos - Adrian Clayborn DE - Dumervill has had to change positions for the 3rd year in a row now, Ayers has shown nothing. Clayborn is an

elite pass rusher, and really will give the Broncos some depth. Worst case is on passing downs Ayers or Dumervill rush from the

OLB spot to get all 5 Defensive linemen on the field. Playing Denver would be an offensive linemans nightmare. from Miami[R2 trade]

2 47 St. Louis Rams - Titas Young WR - Josh McDaniels and Sam Bradford have created a heck of an offense. It should be ready now for the playoffs.

Young should be a very elite deep threat for this offense.

2 48 Oakland Raiders - Rahim Moore S - Raiders need a Safety, and Moore is clearly the best in the draft. Look for the Raiders to draft another Safety late - Keanemana Silva from Hawaii.

2 49 Jacksonville Jaguars - Brandon Harris CB - Finally the Jags find a starter opposite Mathis. This was a gigantic need for them, hopefully Harris can fill it.

2 50 San Diego Chargers - Torrey Smith WR - I think the Chargers could really use a WR who will stretch the field, and Smith can do that.

2 51 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Allen Bailey DE - After investing both this year and last years top 2 picks into the defensive line, Tampa Bay will take the leap to the playoffs.

2 52 New York Giants - Danny Watkins OG - Giants have always been tough up front and they need to get back to that. Watkins is a pure stud.

2 53 Indianapolis Colts - Rodney Hudson OG/C - Hudson would fit that Colts OLINE well and be able to take over for Jeff Saturday when he is done.

2 54 Philadelphia Eagles - Shareece Wright CB - Great man to man cover corner, fits the Eagles Scheme to a tee and fills a huge need.

2 55 Kansas City Chiefs - Jonathan Baldwin WR - Chiefs need to grab an effective WR to take some heat off of Bowe. Baldwin has great size and good hands and could be a great player, but character

questions and work ethic is the concern here.

2 56 New Orleans Saints - Mikel LeShoure RB - Saints really need a back they can depend on week in and week out. LeShoure is the guy here.

2 57 Seattle Seahawks - Jerrel Jernigan, WR - With BMW finding himself, the Seahawks have a need for a speed guy at WR to open up the offense.

2 58 Baltimore Ravens - Dontay Moch OLB/DE - To me a Terrel Suggs clone, The Ravens always want to attack the QB and thats what Mochs forte is.

2 59 Atlanta Falcons - Leonard Hankerson, WR - Hankerson could be a amazing player, and getting to work opposite Roddy White and along with Matt Ryan and Maybe TonY Gonzalez woudl help.

2 60 New England Patriots - Curtis Brown CB - New England knows you can never go wrong by drafting a talented Corner.

2 61 San Diego Chargers - Joseph Barksdale OT - from New York Jets[R2 trade 3]

2 62 Chicago Bears - Edmond Gates WR - Bears need to address the position. Gates has connections to the Bears already and should be the pick here.

2 63 Pittsburgh Steelers - Kenrick Ellis NT - Casey Hampton isnt getting any younger. Steelers continue to fortify that Dline.

2 64 Green Bay Packers - Casey Matthews OLB - Relentless would be the word. When you have the most unstoppable force in Football, you do what it takes to make him want to STAY a Packer.

Should be an excellent Special Teams player right out of the gate.

3 65 Carolina Panthers - Greg Little WR - Panthers NEED to get an impact player here.

3 66 Cincinnati Bengals - Ryan Williams RB - If Benson Leaves, the Bengals need to address the position.

3 67 Denver Broncos - Mason Foster LB - Throwback player - would make a great captain down the road. All he does is produce.

3 68 Buffalo Bills - Leonard Hankerson WR - Stevie Johnson is nice, Lee Evans can still play, but adding a 3rd WR to this team is a must. Hankerson is ready to contribute.

3 69 Arizona Cardinals - Martez WIlson LB - Cards need help at LB, Wilson would be a great fit on this team.

3 70 Cleveland Browns - Christian Ballard DE - Browns need to come away from the draft with an upgraded DL. Ballard helps alot.

3 71 Dallas Cowboys - Johnny Patrick CB - Cowboys go to the well once more for DB help.

3 72 New Orleans Saints - James Brewer OT - Best tackle available - Gotta keep the franchise protected. from Washington[R3 trade 1]

3 73 Houston Texans - Quinton Carter S - Long been a need for the Texans.

3 74 New England Patriots - Clint Boling OG - from Minnesota[R3 trade 2]

3 75 Detroit Lions - Marcus Gilchrist S - Hopefully they can fit Gilchrist and Delmas on the field together.

3 76 San Francisco 49ers - Chris Carter OLB - In a draft deep with pass rushers, the 49ers wait and get Carter.

3 77 Tennessee Titans - Bruce Carter LB - After getting Derrick Morgan and basically having him redshirt due to injury, if Carter sits out the season or

a portion of it, the Titans see the benefit.

3 78 St. Louis Rams - Auston Pettis WR - Great Shuttle time put him on the board a bit more. Should be a wonderful possession WR, ready for the NFL tomorrow.

3 79 Miami Dolphins - Daniel Thomas RB - Miami will probably be without Ricky Or Ronnie so its time.

3 80 Jacksonville Jaguars - Greg Jones ILB - Leader and Producer

3 81 Oakland Raiders - Kristofer O'Dowd C/OG

3 82 San Diego Chargers - Drake Nevis DT

3 83 New York Giants - Lance Kendricks TE - Kevin Boss isnt the answer at TE.

3 84 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DeMarco Murray RB - Blount was a great find, but He and Murray would be total opposites of each other. Perfect Fit.

3 85 Philadelphia Eagles - Jurrell Casey DT

3 86 Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Stocker TE - Too good of a talent to pass on at this point.

3 87 Indianapolis Colts - Quan Sturdivant LB

3 88 New Orleans Saints - Jerrell Powe DT

3 89 San Diego Chargers Nate Irving ILB - Really looked the part on his personal workout. helped himself tons. from Seattle[R3 trade 3]

3 90 Baltimore Ravens - DeAndre McDaniel S - Some character concerns but Ravens need to keep looking to the secondary. Reed wont play forever and McDaniel can help now as well as be a long term guy.

3 91 Atlanta Falcons - Sam Acho DL - Good Leader high character and high motor.

3 92 New England Patriots - Tandon Doss WR

3 93 Chicago Bears - James Carpenter OT - Bears are always looking to upgrade at Tackle

3 94 New York Jets - Marcus Cannon OG - Jets will take the chance.

3 95 Pittsburgh Steelers - Randall Kobb WR - More of a Gimmic player, but a quick WR and all around player would be a help to the Steelers.

3 96 Green Bay Packers - Curtis Marsh CB - exactly the type of in your face and physical corner the Packers Love.

3 * 97 Carolina Panthers - Virgil Green TE - Athletic beast - has the speed to get deep and outrun Linebackers. A Natural fit for a young QB.

1 16 Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan DE - I feel a potential for a trade with Denver here. Jacksonville would still love to add Tim Tebow and as stated earlier,

I believe Denver would like to head in another direction. If no trade is made, this pick will be Ryan Kerrigan. The Jags cannot go

wrong with this kid and very clearly they are interested.
WHAT?

Users who are viewing this thread