What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Punt and Kickoff Returners 2011 (1 Viewer)

FYI, Mike Goodson is no longer the KR for the Panthers. WR Kealoha Pilares took over the job week 5, while Goodson has been inactive the past two weeks.

Note that Pilares had 88 yards week 6, so swap the names here and this projection was right on the money.

FYI, Mike Goodson is no longer the KR for the Panthers. WR Kealoha Pilares took over the job week 5, while Goodson has been inactive the past two weeks. Note that Pilares had 88 yards week 6, so swap the names here and this projection was right on the money.
Thanks for the heads up. I had them switched on the sheet I use to set my rosters, but not on the recopied cells I use to post here. I checked in Sunday morning, and didn't see any activity, and then forgot to post near 1 when I was scrambling to finish flipping coins on a few starts. Here's what I had for week #7. My algo's are getting pretty good at honing in who to start now, and I have a pretty good idea of who to keep rostered for the rest of the season / drop. If you have longer-term question about who to keep/drop just message me.Washington 111Brown 104Cobb 103Weems 98Logan 97Porter 87Mariani 86Cribbs 85Manning 68Hester 67McKnight 66Cosby 65Stephens-Howling 64Banks 64Arenas 63Lefeged 63Goodman 63Parker 54? 54Karim 45Sproles 44Harvin 41Ford 33McCann 32Pilares 27Gates 14

Week 8 Look-Ahead: These guys should already be on your team (long-term) but week 8 is shaping up very nicely for Brandon Banks (best number I've seen so far this year this) and Antonio Brown. My only concern with Brown is that he's a legit #2 receiver, and Pit could try to get cute at some point and put Sanders back there again. If Brown is returning, he's a great play this week again.

Week 8 Projections:

Banks 112

Brown 105

Ogletree 95 (sneaky pickup)

Edelman 91

Ginn 90

Pilares 77 (assuming no Goodson)

Karim 75

Tate 73

Sproles 73

Lefeged 68

Lewis 66 (worse is Dallas carries 2 kickers)

Porter 65

McCann 61

Arenas 61

Cribbs 59

Gates 59

Washington 48

Cosby 48

Stephens-Howling 48

Thomas 47

Mariani 40

Manning 36

Goodman 29

Harvin 25

Smith 23

Logan 17

Is there a place where I can see who the starting returners are for each team? Like would I be able to find who the starting return men are for teams like Tampa and Oakland?

if you look in the idp forum I try to keep an updated list in a thread in there.

haven't updated since these last round of games, though, so I can't swear it's 100%.

if you look in the idp forum I try to keep an updated list in a thread in there.haven't updated since these last round of games, though, so I can't swear it's 100%.
TB = Parker....but it's tricky if Stroughter is active (he may be the guy again there)Oak = Ford KO returns only

My League rewards return yards at a 1:2 ratio of rush/recv yards. Last year Danny Amendola finished with more pts than Andre Johnson............other than Harvin, and DJAX do you expect any other WR's to be in a similiar position?It's also a 0.5ppr league.
Sproles must be amazing in your league

Week 9 Projections:

Hester 108

Cribbs 99

McKnight 95

Washington 89

Thomas 87

Cobb 84

Lefeged 79

Tate 76

Reed 73

Jones 71

Edelman 71 (if active, if not, total crapshoot)

Porter 71

Goodman 68

Ogletree 68

Banks 66

Cosby 65

Brown 63

Parker 63

Mariani 63

Smith 62

Sproles 62

Stephens-Howling 59

Weems 38

Ginn 36

Slaton 34

McCluster 33

Lewis 32

Ford 14

Heads up to fellow Rian Lindell owners:

Bills work out four kickers Nov 8 11/8/2011 11:01:45 AM | More The Buffalo Bills worked out kickers Dave Rayner, Rhys Lloyd, Shayne Graham and Brandon Coutu according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.They should make a decision today. Rayner appears to be the favorite.Bills kicker Rian Lindell injured his right shoulder Sunday against the Jets.

Week 10 Projections:

Sproles 114

Tate 93

Hester 91

Cobb 90

McKnight 84

Porter 80

Parker 79

Stephens-Howling 77

Ginn 75

Ford 73

Cribbs 72

Washington 71

Brown 70

Reed 64

Logan 64

Banks 64

Lewis 59

Mariani 57

Weems 55

Ogletree 55

Pilares 54

Smith 52

Woodhead 52

McManis 48

Thomas 48

Goodman 41

Cosby 40

Harvin 37

Lefeged 36

Karim 31

Slaton 28

McCluster 19

Any insight on the TB KR situation?

Whoever gets the opportunities against GB seems like a good option, but I can't tell if it'll be Stroughter, Briscoe, or Parker...

'mental said:
Any insight on the TB KR situation? Whoever gets the opportunities against GB seems like a good option, but I can't tell if it'll be Stroughter, Briscoe, or Parker...
It was mainly Stroughter last week on KOR, and Parker on P returns. Parker got 1 KOR I believe. If Stroughter is left off the roster (which happened for a few weeks in a row before last week) then Parker could be huge. If Stroughter is playing, I'm staying away from the entire situation. Three really good other options this week, so he's just my 4th option is anything anyway...

Not sure if thread is dead or not, but if you're still playing for keeps like I am, week 13 stud returners look like:

Banks

Washington

Sproles

Tate

I'm also going to run some algo's on Weems, Mariani, and Lefeged to see where their projections end up

If you want hard numbers just PM me...

I'm still checking this thread. Very useful for those of us who are in leagues that count return yards as well as IDP players who return kicks.

Thanks

Trying to make a choice between Randall Cobb or Brandon Banks this week. Any projections?
My Algo's have Banks going for 121 this week (one of the strongest plays of the season), and Cobb going for an average of 71. Cobb will see a throw or two his way, and can easily go house, so I would guess it depends on how your league rewards receiving/returns/ppr/bonus points. Good luck!

Any updates for week 14 projections?
Here are the strongest plays my algo's spit out:Banks - 121Cribbs - 121 (just a little riskier than Banks for a few reasons)Ginn - 95Logan - 91I also have one sleeper coming in around 110 yards depending on who dresses on his team, but can't vouch for him until I know more (he played for me in HS, so I'll know by Saturday night / Sunday am)

Any updates for week 14 projections?
Here are the strongest plays my algo's spit out:Banks - 121Cribbs - 121 (just a little riskier than Banks for a few reasons)Ginn - 95Logan - 91I also have one sleeper coming in around 110 yards depending on who dresses on his team, but can't vouch for him until I know more (he played for me in HS, so I'll know by Saturday night / Sunday am)
so, who was your sleeper?

A. Edwards. Was not primary returner on KOR, I did not play him. I would have if Pilares was not active...and he probably would have come in right around 110

Week 15 Preview:

Not as good as week 14, my early algo (based only on kickoffs and touchback %) shows Sproles, Cribbs, Ginn good plays...and Brown in Pit if Sanders is still a no-go

Yeah, my algo's aren't real strong on punts (but truthfully I've made them skewed towards kickoffs because punts are so hard to predict). Unless we're in coaching meetings during the week we have no idea how to predict what the punt protection will look like, what the punt return blocking will look like, if they'll directional kick, etc. 1 of my algo's doesn't account for punts at all, 1 takes them into account equally the the other 3 to some varying degree. When I see a monster punt return I usually chaulk it up to luck (I know that sucks given we're all here to try and predict this madness). Good luck this week!

With Stroughter scratched for tonight's game, I have P.Parker as a good return play. Algo's put him at 108 yards. I can also envision the Bucs falling behind and having to rely on the hurt shoulder of Freeman, resulting in slot looks to Parker as well. Good luck!

Week 16 (Championship for most of my leagues):

Sproles

Cribbs

Logan

Banks

Hester (now that Knox is out of picture, if GB kicks to him, he's a good play)

Tate

In that order. Good luck unless you're playing me :)

If you want hard numbers for everyone, PM me.

Happy Holidays, see ya'll next year...

Users who are viewing this thread