What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Homeland (1 Viewer)

Well that happened a lot sooner than I expected. I couldn't tell if Saul and the new guy were ok with her going up to the room and bringing him down like that.
Yeah, they didn't seem to care much about her going in. Not sure how they continue with him in prison but they can't just let him out either. Is he going to convince him that he did it while captive as someone posted earlier? He seemed to say a few damning things in the room although I'll have to watch again to make sure. And how detailed was the video? Did it have facts that wouldn't have been known months or years before? I'm interested to see where this goes, I just don't know how much longer this show has. I didn't think it had a long shelf life to begin with because you can only keep this back and forth up so long, but there doesn't seem to be any way back that is realistic.

And if Lewis signing the 5 year deal is true, I don't see how they keep Danes as well. I just don't know how Lewis gets out of this. Perhaps I'm wrong and I can't wait to see how it plays out but I have a feeling it will jump the shark and be just completely unrealistic.
That would be disappointing if true.I wish TV shows and their writers would understand its okay to have a start, middle and ending to a series and not be open ended.

'biggamer3 said:
I'm done nitpicking for a while, this episode was amazing from beginning to end. Like the show runner said, they will always spring whatever the audience expects way sooner than we would think.
The scenes with Brody Daughter and her male friends were boring and forced.

'pollardsvision said:
I'll try to re-watch, but did Estes say "arrest" or "pick-up" (for questioning)?
Yeah I don't think Brody was arrested in the way that you and I are used to. Notice the black bag on his head. I have a feeling the CIA doesn't worry too much about those pesky 4-8 Amendments.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Billy Bats said:
'pollardsvision said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how he could be arrested at this point. Is Guantanamo closed in 'Homeland' world?

I don't remember, but does the video actually say what he's planning?

I guess the crime could be conspiracy to commit a terrorist act or something (no idea if such a law exists or what it'd be called), but that's a little hard to stick when the act wasn't actually committed, even though he had the perfect opportunity.

I'm probably missing/overlooking something, but I'm not sure how he ends up in prison.

Estes and Saul already alluded to the VP not wanting this to come to light. It seems like a Brody trial would be thrown out of court with the public now knowing of the drone strike on the school that the VP has worked so hard to hide.

My guess is the next phase involves Brody stepping aside quietly and with the CIA watching him.

Either way, it'll be exciting to watch.
Well after watching the video, Estes wanted to arrest him right away. And he's the boss so I'm assuming they have enough to go onAnd Saul also told him about the plot in detail, suicide vest in the bunker so I guess the video explained the whole thing, that's also something I wasn't sure of. :shrug: If they don't throw him in jail, they can't just let him walk away. And I find it hard to believe they would trust him to be a double agent to help take down Nazir. Definitely will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Or perhaps Saul is playing on the other side? I guess if he was though, he could have just as easily destroyed the video and not shown anyone. Saul just always seems like he is hiding something. Truly great acting b/c he does everything right but still seems a bit shady. I will say the show is at a crossroads and its been very good so far, I just hope they don't drag it out and try to make unrealistic things occur.

'biggamer3 said:
I'm done nitpicking for a while, this episode was amazing from beginning to end. Like the show runner said, they will always spring whatever the audience expects way sooner than we would think.
The scenes with Brody Daughter and her male friends were boring and forced.
yeah those scenes were pretty bleh, but as a whole this was as amazing an episode in the series history. The daughter/Finn situation will eventually lead to the daughter explaining to the VP that her dad is missing and he will go after Estes for not filling him in on that.

So for the first 40 minutes of the episode, I sat there thinking: "Wow, this is the weakest episode of the series to date. They are turning the daughter into the Kim Bauer (24) of this show. Completely useless time filler."

Then the last 20 came on & watching Brody & Carrie in those 2 scenes was just remarkable. They have unbelievable chemistry.

So, who is this "guy" that was brought in (Peter Quinn)? I think the CIA tries to turn Brody back.

I hope the five year thing is a ruse and just something they said for the news.

Danes is awesome.

What's up with the reporter chick too? I think the CIA folks, along with Danes, knew she is no good. For whatever reason they found something about her.

'Mario Kart said:
'pollardsvision said:
'Mario Kart said:
What's up with the reporter chick too? I think the CIA folks, along with Danes, knew she is no good. For whatever reason they found something about her.
I don't remember that. I thought "putting her on the board" was about all the attention she got.
She has "dark skin" so she was a priority in looking into her. Just saying they might have found something.
They weren't too concerned with her in that scene. If I'm not mistaken, the conversation shifted before he was even done talking to her. The color of her skin was the only flag of any kind. Point being, she's no more or less suspicious at this point than anybody else with darker skin that he stops and talks to.

'Billy Bats said:
'pollardsvision said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how he could be arrested at this point. Is Guantanamo closed in 'Homeland' world?

I guess the crime could be conspiracy to commit a terrorist act or something (no idea if such a law exists or what it'd be called), but that's a little hard to stick when the act wasn't actually committed, even though he had the perfect opportunity.

I'm probably missing/overlooking something, but I'm not sure how he ends up in prison.

Estes and Saul already alluded to the VP not wanting this to come to light. It seems like a Brody trial would be thrown out of court with the public now knowing of the drone strike on the school that the VP has worked so hard to hide.

My guess is the next phase involves Brody stepping aside quietly and with the CIA watching him.

Well after watching the video, Estes wanted to arrest him right away. And he's the boss so I'm assuming they have enough to go onAnd Saul also told him about the plot in detail, suicide vest in the bunker so I guess the video explained the whole thing, that's also something I wasn't sure of. :shrug: If they don't throw him in jail, they can't just let him walk away. And I find it hard to believe they would trust him to be a double agent to help take down Nazir. Definitely will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Or perhaps Saul is playing on the other side? I guess if he was though, he could have just as easily destroyed the video and not shown anyone. Saul just always seems like he is hiding something. Truly great acting b/c he does everything right but still seems a bit shady. I will say the show is at a crossroads and its been very good so far, I just hope they don't drag it out and try to make unrealistic things occur.
:confused: like a suicide bomber in a bunker with the Vice President?

'Billy Bats said:
'pollardsvision said:

:confused: like a suicide bomber in a bunker with the Vice President?
Who goes on to be the frontrunner for the VP nomination? And don't get me started on that asinine Pennsylvania story-line. In conclusion: that horse had left the barn in S1E01. The big difference between this and 24? They can show Mrs. Brodys assets and they don't have to drag it out over 24 episodes.

Btw, Homeland just got picked up for a third season. Lewis's five year deal is probably with the production company, not strictly for the show.

Has Ms. Brody been nekkid? I think I would remember that.
You ain't going to see her nekkid anymore. Probably won't see anyone nekkid anymore. Like most shows on the premium channels, unless nudity is a big part of them, nudity goes as it becomes more successful. I don't think one girl got nekkid during the last season of Entourage. And now the main women are too successful they don't have to get nekkid anymore kinda like Anna Paquin in TrueBlood. But its a good enough show that nobody needs to be nekkid.

Huh.

I was a bit disappointed- the "uh-oh, there goes Carrie acting all crazy and ####### up the plans of the CIA (which she's no longer a part of)" seems far-fetched and lazy story-telling. Or maybe I was the only one seeing Saul and new guy NOT want her to go into Brody's room and blow it? Wasn't the plan to keep Brody under surveillance and see what shakes out?

So the daughter and VP's kid- we're due for some goofy 24 style stuff to come out of that, right? I'm not expecting Mountain Lions or anything, but definitely some 3's Company-esque poorly timed words or misunderstanding.

So, who is this "guy" that was brought in (Peter Quinn)? I think the CIA tries to turn Brody back.

Danes is awesome.
Agree 100% with the bolded.
Would be awesome if they do turn Brody back. Maybe a reveal that Abu Nasir was playing him like a fiddle. Something like the the kid Elijah wasn't really Nasir's kid or that Nasir put the kids in danger intentionally. Just spitballing ideas but got to think the series is heading in that direction.Would be nice if they tied the fact that when Brody came into the war-room a few minutes later Nasir got spooked. It's too glaring at this point. Know that they know Brody has been working with Nasir they would have to retrace his footsteps from the moment he got back.

On another note, Danes and Patinkin carry the show IMO. Lewis doesn't do much for me. Think the show could easily transition to another villain/obstacle.

Huh.

I was a bit disappointed- the "uh-oh, there goes Carrie acting all crazy and ####### up the plans of the CIA (which she's no longer a part of)" seems far-fetched and lazy story-telling. Or maybe I was the only one seeing Saul and new guy NOT want her to go into Brody's room and blow it? Wasn't the plan to keep Brody under surveillance and see what shakes out?
Carrie felt her cover was blown. She is trusting her instincts again and is not going to be talked down as easily as in the past.

'Daywalker said:

Danes is awesome.
Agree 100% with the bolded.
Would be awesome if they do turn Brody back. Maybe a reveal that Abu Nasir was playing him like a fiddle. Something like the the kid Elijah wasn't really Nasir's kid or that Nasir put the kids in danger intentionally. Just spitballing ideas but got to think the series is heading in that direction.Would be nice if they tied the fact that when Brody came into the war-room a few minutes later Nasir got spooked. It's too glaring at this point. Know that they know Brody has been working with Nasir they would have to retrace his footsteps from the moment he got back.

On another note, Danes and Patinkin carry the show IMO. Lewis doesn't do much for me. Think the show could easily transition to another villain/obstacle.
I think I'm about there too. Lewis has been great, but I'm fine with them moving on.

I think I've had my fill of constantly wound up Brody. There's great chemistry with Danes, but Danes is clearly good enough to have great chemistry with most actors.

Until proven otherwise, I'm confident in Homeland's ability to find new, interesting stories and execute them well.

'Maurile Tremblay said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how he could be arrested at this point.
The murder of Elizabeth Gaines. She was shot by Walker as part of the conspiracy that Brody was involved in.
He's guilty of that, sure, but is that video alone really enough evidence to arrest him with any hope of a conviction?I'm not sure, but if not, then Carrie might've just extended the Brody storyline. The best evidence against him was yet to come, but Carrie killed the investigation. Then there's the issue of that text. If that was Brody's only phone, then the the "May 1" text shouldn't be hard to track down. I don't recall a 2nd phone, but it would make sense that he has one.

You guys keep talking about Brody's arrest like it's your local vice-cops busting a dealer. This is the CIA. Pretty sure this "arrest" isn't going to make the local blotter.

You guys keep talking about Brody's arrest like it's your local vice-cops busting a dealer. This is the CIA. Pretty sure this "arrest" isn't going to make the local blotter.
By all means, enlighten us about how this will go down.Are they sending a Congressman to Guantanamo, killing him, or just making him vanish?

By all means, enlighten us about how this will go down.Are they sending a Congressman to Guantanamo, killing him, or just making him vanish?
:shrug: Notice the black bag they threw on his head as they took him out of the room? My guess is that they're going to try to use him to get to Abu Nazir. They're not going to take him to county and book him with all the rank-and-file criminals.

and

If you watched the previews I think it mentioned something about having to keep him hidden for a while.

:shrug: Notice the black bag they threw on his head as they took him out of the room? My guess is that they're going to try to use him to get to Abu Nazir. They're not going to take him to county and book him with all the rank-and-file criminals.

and

If you watched the previews I think it mentioned something about having to keep him hidden for a while.
We all get that.I'm just pointing out that part of the reason there won't probably won't be a trial is that there doesn't seem to be enough evidence to convict him of anything.

Certainly, without any real evidence, there's no upside to letting anything go public.

If there ever was an arrest and trial, obviously, it would happen differently than some B&E trial.

If nothing else, they need to hide him from Nazir. I have no idea why Nazir hasn't tried to kill him already, but he certainly will now.

'Daywalker said:
Huh.

Carrie felt her cover was blown. She is trusting her instincts again and is not going to be talked down as easily as in the past.
:shrug: Yeah- I get that, and I like how you put it. It still seems goofy to me that they went through the trouble of setting up these teams of spooks with a room full of sci-fi equipment, and then gave it essentially a day before she blows it.

Not really sure where they go now. Can the POTUS basically control a member of Congress? Can't imagine that is plausible. If Brody resigns, say health reasons, doesn't that blow things with Abu Nasir?

Got a feeling we are going to be dissappointed.

Brody returning home was a bit sloppy. "I need answers Brody." "Uh...I'm working for the CIA can't tell you anything." The hit and run storyline is going to be annoying too.

Will say the scenes with Carrie and Brody in the interrogation room were scintillating.

Not really sure where they go now. Can the POTUS basically control a member of Congress? Can't imagine that is plausible. If Brody resigns, say health reasons, doesn't that blow things with Abu Nasir?Got a feeling we are going to be dissappointed.Brody returning home was a bit sloppy. "I need answers Brody." "Uh...I'm working for the CIA can't tell you anything." The hit and run storyline is going to be annoying too. Will say the scenes with Carrie and Brody in the interrogation room were scintillating.
Loved everything but the hit and run...very Friday Night Lights Landryish....they need to lose that story line ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread