What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gabbert named starter.... (1 Viewer)

Romofan

Footballguy
LINK: Gabbert named starter

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars are turning to rookie quarterback Blaine Gabbert.

Coach Jack Del Rio named Gabbert the starter Wednesday, switching quarterbacks three days after Luke McCown threw four interceptions against the New York Jets....

This has to be an upgrade for JAX skill players over McCown but how much??

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Jax ran the ball OK last week. Mike Thomas owners have to be happy.

Regardless, I'll predict the rookie completes more than 6 passes and tops 59 yards. Hell, he had 5 and 52 in one quarter after McCown (and his 1.8 passer rating) took a seat. Pathetic.

I think this is a real bump for MJD owners who draft him looking for those PPR targets. He'll get more looks with Gabbert I believe.

Got lucky this week and was able to pick up d. moore and d. nelson...had planned to drop Mike Thomas if necessary, but instead dropped Johnny Knox and Deji Karim. I'm hoping there is some upside here with Mike Thomas. I mean how much worse can it get... 2 of Gabbert's 5 passes went to Mike Thomas last week, 1 of which was caught for 9 yards.

I am pretty certain that this is not a downgrade. It is probably not much of an upgrade either. The coaches had to be starting McCown for valid reasons. Then again, they did cut a decent Garrard as the whistle was blowing to start the first game.

What a QB mess.

Maybe the coaching staff sees the success of Cam and Dalton and figures why not give their rook a try. What do they have to lose at this point?

Users who are viewing this thread