What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (3 Viewers)

It amazes me how many grown men are having difficulty locating a channel or a television show. :lol:I just walked over to your house and watche
I just walked over to your house and watched it through your window.

I'm a problem solver.

Neil looked less portly and self important watching it from outside your house.

Aside from the fact that the po boy looked incredible (and was, according to the judges), your restaurant was really impressive. Modern and sleek without coming across as high falutin or unapproachable. Both other places looked cheap and generic. Also love the logo. Especially the fact you don't have a cartoonish pig on it. And a refrigerator sized smoker that smokes pellets that look like rabbit food? Give me a break.

You also came across very well on camera. Composed and personable, authoritative but funny. No shtick, just good food and a good time. You would have made a better host than the actual host. At least you know how to emphasize the proper syllables in words.

I need to make it down to New Orleans

Also, :hungry:

You came off great. Congrats! It's been awesome watching this all happen from day 1. Even my girlfriend has an emotional attachment now.

And now I'll never watch this show again. Terrible.

Yours looked and sounded the best. The quesadilla was ridiculous - was there like 2 oz of brisket on that?

I agree that the show did not set up a good framework. They almost wrote off New Orleans entirely making it seem that while yours might be the best in town, it was kind of like being the skinniest kid at fat camp.

It amazes me how many grown men are having difficulty locating a channel or a television show. :lol:I just walked over to your house and watche
I just walked over to your house and watched it through your window.I'm a problem solver.

I miss mark.. Inbox w current cell plz! let's have home game old school mulligans style (no Donna or Richard) . Been in the discussion.

I pretty much knew you were going to win while watching the tasters. They liked the other stuff, but they made yummy sounds at yours. Always a good sign.

I have to question the cred of that Saucy place. Who the hell wants to go to a BBQ place where you can't smell the food while still outside?

And that host is a prat.

Congrats Neil!!! I agree that host is the anti-Adam Richman. Annoying fella. Glad you're food stole the show. And agree with others you and you're restaurant came off very well. The legend grows..........

Hell to the yeah.

While your PoBoy was obviously superior to the competition, I gotta say the tacos did look good too.

I was really hoping youd sneak in a FBG reference somewhere, or at least do a Tanner-esque :snick: at the end. That would have been awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
You and the restaurant came off great. The victory won't hurt publicity either. Very happy for you. Congrats!

I just walked over to your house and watched it through your window.I'm a problem solver.

I miss mark.. Inbox w current cell plz! let's have home game old school mulligans style (no Donna or Richard) . Been in the discussion.
lol... Mark is on the tin-can-and-string plan I think.

lol... Mark is on the tin-can-and-string plan I think.
Seems like the only appropriate solution is walk around teh corner and burn his house down, then wait for him to come out. :hot: :popcorn:

Will be down in NOLA

Sept 25-27th - Buddy Daren's (lawyerguy that came with us last time) second wedding
Nov 5-9th - Tradeshow

i wonder if I can subsist on McClure's for Lunch and Dinner every day? :lol:

Show was great, GB. As others stated, you and the restaurant came off fantastic. Food looked great... Pit looked great.... Awesome publicity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, congrats on the win!

I had it set to DVR last night, but wanted to watch it live. My 11 year old was watching something else when I walked onto the porch. After his show was over I said "want to watch a cooking show?" (He does watch a lot of the Food Network, so I knew he would). I didn't say anything, but after about the third shot of the side of McClure's he says "hey, isn't that the place you have a t-shirt from?"

You came across so much better than the other guys Tipsy, gotta be why they seemed to spend more camera time with you (I didn't time it ...). Love the sandwich with everything smoked and that great sauce - gotta make some of that.

Congrats and much support and well wishes for your continued success!

BTW - I am not as down on the show and the host as others. The show was ok and it was professional (I watch wayyyy too many shows on the Food and Cooking). The host wasn't especially likable, but he didn't seem like a giant **** either. He tried too hard, like a lot of them, to be funny and it wasn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread