What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (6 Viewers)

16 Yards passing versus 9 yards rushing (on 12 carries).
lol--for two td's! Never know with this guy. Somehow I think I've had him for three years now and just hoping he'll survive this season--when he's playing the numbers are usually good. This year's draft I went in other directions before drafting him late as my #1 so hopefully if he fails it won't be as devastating, and if he stays healthy that's the edge I drafted him for.

:coffee:

Sold him (big exhale).

DMC/Pierce for Sproles. To a Rice owner.
You got had, homie.

Not only did you flip a RB1 (#7 in my .5 PPR) for a RB2 (#21, again .5 PPR)... you didn't get any value for Pierce! Now, if you had Rice, and you were dealing DMC for Sproles and Pierce, I would say good trade. As is, you stepped down, and gave up a nice handcuff to his desperate owner. And all he had to do was toss you a pass-catching RB2.

I guess you're reading tea leaves or something and predicting when exactly DMC will get hurt, and that it won't be when Sproles is hurt, and won't be when Rice is hurt.

Sold him (big exhale).

You got had, homie.

Not only did you flip a RB1 (#7 in my .5 PPR) for a RB2 (#21, again .5 PPR)... you didn't get any value for Pierce! Now, if you had Rice, and you were dealing DMC for Sproles and Pierce, I would say good trade. As is, you stepped down, and gave up a nice handcuff to his desperate owner. And all he had to do was toss you a pass-catching RB2.

I guess you're reading tea leaves or something and predicting when exactly DMC will get hurt, and that it won't be when Sproles is hurt, and won't be when Rice is hurt.
Maybe.

1ppr, 1pp 20 return yards as well. And I've got Brees and Graham. I've got rBush/jBell/Sjax/dWilson and we've got short benches. The Saints bye is gonna put me in a quandry, but I'm more than ok with making that deal.

I've been advocating shopping DMAC for some time now, but don't just give him away. Need to gauge his value. Should have gotten an underperforming WR3 like TY Hilton or something as a throw in on that deal. If you are going to play with the DMAC fire, you gotta be able to have the stomach to hold him for the right offer.

I sold DMC after week 1 packaged with Alfred Morris to the distraught Shane Vereen/David Wilson owner. I got Calvin Johnson in return. My RBs aren't as good now, but I figured I would pull the trigger while DMC was still healthy. It was the perfect timing with that owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't love that Sproles deal.

Maybe DMC for Sproles straight up in a PPR.

Throwing Pierce in is too much, especially when you've got a Rice owner by the balls.

This sort of trade is the reason I'm not rushing out to trade DMC. He'll probably get hurt, but every trade partner assumes that. When everyone in the world assumes a guy will get hurt, you end up making deals like this.

If it exists, I'd trade on his "presumed healthy value", but if he's valued under the assumption he'll get hurt, I'd rather just play him until he gets hurt.

Sold him (big exhale).

Umm...congratulations? You managed to trade for a player with a worse ADP *and* throw in Pierce..because, why again? McFadden is so underperforming this year?
Yea. I guess I was trying to be proactive, assuming that DMC will be a casuality at some point in the season and Rice plays week 4 (or 5 even).

Having Bush/Bell I could only start one of DMC or Pierce on a weekly basis. If either DMC goes down or Rice is healthy (one of these two things should happen), the deal is solid for me. Would you rather have DMC or Sproles? Essentially that's what is was for me. With Jordy on a bye this week and our short benches, I would've had to drop one of Pierce, Wilson or Sjax to field a complete line up.

Again, this is 1ppr and 1pp 20 return yards. Sproles can be a monster in this format. I gave up a lot, especially to a Rice owner, but no one in the league wanted any part of DMC, even given his surprising start.

I was pleased with his start but I sold him for Torrey Smith and Julius Thomas.

He doesn't get to play the Colts or Jags every week and I don't trust Pryor to stay healthy. Not to mention his own injury risk.

Look at his history. Games like today are part of the problem, and there's not much of a bargain to be found. Days like today simply mark the starting point of extended periods of uselessness.

I love DMAC for his talent - I had him for 3 years and finally let him go back to the auction pool this year because I couldn't stomach another tease of a year.

I hope he comes back from this and it's not a long-term thing. He's a great player and I'd like to see him succeed and be in a good situation next year.

But him leaving for a hamstring along with his injury/recovery history just doesn't paint a pretty picture going forward this year.

What a waste . I was able to trade him for J Gordon in one league and was going to try to get rid of him in another after this week. I doubt I can get a kicker for him. Would trade him straight up for Powell etc.

And of course it's an ambiguous injury where the timetable will be week to week. I wish the dude would just get injured in a way that would be definitive. Out for "X" weeks. This #### will be gtd

Sold him (big exhale).

You got had, homie.

Sold him (big exhale).

Umm...congratulations? You managed to trade for a player with a worse ADP *and* throw in Pierce..because, why again? McFadden is so underperforming this year?
Sold him (big exhale).

As a rice owner I would jump all over this deal....
I would jump all over this deal and I am not a Rice owner.
:goodposting:
Holler if you hear me.

Hey McFadden, way to seize the moment in a contract year against one of the worst defenses ever. Please keep riding that stationary bike right out of the league.

Oh well, at least I got three weeks out of him. About what I expected when I drafted him.

karmarooster said:
This thread is just full of class today.
Sorry, man. But, you guys were giving me a beating for selling high on McFadden. Darren McFadden.

I couldn't give this guy away after weeks 1 or 2 and felt lucky to have swung him for a pass catching RB2 in Sproles.

SameSongNDance said:
Looks like my Reece lottery ticket is worthless as well. :shrug:
Haha, that's what happened last year as well. Owners drafted Mcfadden and Goodson, locking up the backup...and then they both got injured in the same game.

You know what posses me off about this situation? The same thing happened last year. I drafted McFadden and his backup, Goodson...McFadden and Goodson both went don't with high ankle sprains in the same game. I lost Reece on the waiver wire and got f'd.

This year I draft McFadden and Reece...

You know what posses me off about this situation? The same thing happened last year. I drafted McFadden and his backup, Goodson...McFadden and Goodson both went don't with high ankle sprains in the same game. I lost Reece on the waiver wire and got f'd.

This year I draft McFadden and Reece...
I wouldn't draft mcfadden or his back up next yr.... I can't catch a break and dmac is glass note to self.

As a two time DMC owner, I would never touch him... But if we were to go back to my draft, I would pull the trigger in round 5 of my 10 team ppr - not to hold him, but to sell right now.

I'd be trying to make a deal with a ray rice, cj spiller, sjax, Reggie bush, etc owner offer a 2 for 1 with DMC as the focal point of my offer.

He will get hurt, it's not if its when... Most owners bought this guy at 50 cents on the dollar. Right now you can turn a good profit.
:rolleyes: Whatever. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. I don't buy the "injury prone" stuff. Sometimes football players get hurt.
Old saying, "the pigs get slaughtered."

You bought DMC for cheap, you can sell for a lot more - Based on historical data, you'd be wise to do so IMO.
It feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good not to own this glass house in 2013 :)

Too bad about Reece, but I'm more than happy to pick up Jennings and trade Ridley for McFadden and hold til he's ready way later.

Jennings will probably be a dumpoff machine in PPR.

Injuries from Joe's email:

-Fred Jackson (MCL), CJ Spiller (sprained ankle)

-Jake Locker (hip)

-Alfred Morris (ribs)

-Marcel Reese (knee)

-Stephen Hill (head) and Santonio Holmes (hamstring)

Football players get injured. I'm sure you're all quite proud of yourselves. Congrats, sharkpool.

Injuries from Joe's email:

-Fred Jackson (MCL), CJ Spiller (sprained ankle)

-Jake Locker (hip)

-Alfred Morris (ribs)

-Marcel Reese (knee)

-Stephen Hill (head) and Santonio Holmes (hamstring)

Football players get injured. I'm sure you're all quite proud of yourselves. Congrats, sharkpool.
Did Joe forget McFadden?

karmarooster said:
This thread is just full of class today.
Sorry, man. But, you guys were giving me a beating for selling high on McFadden. Darren McFadden.

I couldn't give this guy away after weeks 1 or 2 and felt lucky to have swung him for a pass catching RB2 in Sproles.
Nonetheless, I will not cheer for a Sproles injury.
Wow, you really got your feelings hurt, didn't you?

Of course I'm sore about it. If it had happened later in the game instead of the 1st quarter, I think the bandwagoning would be a bit less.

I hate to see a player go down with an injury (although this wasn't a bad injury). What I hate more is the "I told you so's", as if every player isn't an injury risk every week. The fact that DMC got injured the week after you made a bad trade does not make your trade better.

Users who are viewing this thread