Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The hardest levels in video game history

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninja Gaiden I threw the disk at the wall

I dont remember Mega Man 2 being difficult, then I played it on the Wii and was like WTF did this get so ####in hard

Kid Icarus, HTF did I play that when I was 10 and not wanna kill myself?

Contra needs to be on this list somewhere near 1.1. Basically all of it. It's only playable with the cheat codes.

Ghosts and goblins gets honorable mention.

I never understood this. Contra is one of the easiest games ever. After awhile I could run through it multiple times without dying as a kid. Only the Hanger was semi-tough, and only at first.

I nominate: The Adventures of Bayou Billy

Several Megaman 2 levels are maddeningly difficult.

Seems like most the really hard level are disproportionitly from old-school games.
Pretty much every article I've ever read on this topic is dominated by older games. I can think of some tough levels from current-gen games (the last "eliminator" event in Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, the Radec level in Killzone 2), but I don't have enough experience with older games to have an opinion with how those compare.

Contra needs to be on this list somewhere near 1.1. Basically all of it. It's only playable with the cheat codes.

I never understood this. Contra is one of the easiest games ever. After awhile I could run through it multiple times without dying as a kid. Only the Hanger was semi-tough, and only at first.

I'm calling BS here.. major BS

Several Megaman 2 levels are maddeningly difficult.

Seems like most the really hard level are disproportionitly from old-school games.
Pretty much every article I've ever read on this topic is dominated by older games. I can think of some tough levels from current-gen games (the last "eliminator" event in Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, the Radec level in Killzone 2), but I don't have enough experience with older games to have an opinion with how those compare.
The Omaha Beach level in Medal of Honor?

I never got to that point myself, but I beat it several times without the cheat codes.

I never got to that point myself, but I beat it several times without the cheat codes.
:bow:

I need about 100 lives to beat that game.

I have it on my hacked Wii and played it a few times... generally i need 2-3 continues.

of course, i lack a lot of the patience required.

that's the thing.. a lot of those games required patience

Yeah, I don't remember Contra being difficult.

Blaster Master was a pain all the way through. Got to the final boss twice. Beat him once, he got me the other time. Never did I try for the rubber match. (I was like ~12 years old)

Ninja Gaiden on NES

I forget the name but in Mario Galaxy there is a board you cannot get touched on near the end of the game. That one took time to beat.

Indiana Jones on Atari. Started the game falling down a chasm and had to snag a projection with your whip and swing out. I only ver saw myself fall down that ####### hole.

Like a lot of Atari games, there was a glitch in the game. It was impossible to beat. I think E.T. was like that as well.

Indiana Jones on Atari. Started the game falling down a chasm and had to snag a projection with your whip and swing out. I only ver saw myself fall down that ####### hole.

Like a lot of Atari games, there was a glitch in the game. It was impossible to beat. I think E.T. was like that as well.
:confused: I beat them both. Indiana Jones was hard as hell, but ET I found easy, just a horrible game.

Aren't there like a million ET 2600 cartridges buried somewhere in the desert?

I doubt it. Too high a risk that future civilizations might accidentally stumble upon them without realizing the danger.
No, it's probably true:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial

I nominate: The Adventures of Bayou Billy

The only game I can recall quitting solely because it was frustratingly difficult. Don't remember what level finished me.

Archived