What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (4 Viewers)

Holy crap! I have every reason to believe that Item Quantity pVVns. 5 minutes into a Fellshire run, I have gotten 4 gems and 7 rares. :excited:
Hmm. I've been going back and forth between quantity and quality. They both seem to suck, but I'd be willing to use whichever sucks less.

latest sale thread of level 50-59 items including a L45 5L and some 4L L38 boots that are iLevel 63: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/261820Can cut you a deal if you are interested in any of the items, 1 decent bow as well not sure how you calculate dps but if you take the high ranges it is 290 dps
I would love the bow. Would you take 2 chaos for it? If so please set aside for me until we are online together (I added you so we should see each other as friends now)just a side note. the bow has a dps 172.05 according to the web site. I am unsure what the formula is exactly but i think it takes into account the mins and the maxes and the attack speedhttp://poe.xyz.is/search?league=Default&type=Bow&name=Hate+Strike&base=Thicket+Bow&rlevel_min=56&rlevel_max=56

Last edited by a moderator:
latest sale thread of level 50-59 items including a L45 5L and some 4L L38 boots that are iLevel 63: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/261820Can cut you a deal if you are interested in any of the items, 1 decent bow as well not sure how you calculate dps but if you take the high ranges it is 290 dps
I would love the bow. Would you take 2 chaos for it? If so please set aside for me until we are online together (I added you so we should see each other as friends now)just a side note. the bow has a dps 172.05 according to the web site. I am unsure what the formula is exactly but i think it takes into account the mins and the maxes and the attack speedhttp://poe.xyz.is/search?league=Default&type=Bow&name=Hate+Strike&base=Thicket+Bow&rlevel_min=56&rlevel_max=56
Oh wait that is the one you want (thicket bow), 1 chaos is fine for thatIGN: PancakesForEveryone (I'll login now)

I was asking 6 chaos for it, I'll split the difference at 4 if you want. (I'll throw in the thicket bow too)
oh my mistake, I thought the web page made it look like it was just 1 chaos (the web page does show B/O as 1 chaos underneath the bow, you should probably edit it then).4 is a bit too much for only a 3L bow for a 172 DPS. Thanks though! You have some nice stuff.

Explain to me a couple of things:

1. I don't understand the "COST HIKE" for gems with quality. What am I missing? A 10% quality leap slam is not giving 10 times more damage. OR, is it? And, so on for other gems.

2. Does the "item quantity, item rarity gems" have to be in the weapon that kills a bad guy for it work? Or, does it have to be in something at the time...say my boots, or gloves.

3. What is up with people selling an item and wanting you to offer them a price? I feel like I am bidding against myself with these peopl

Explain to me a couple of things: 1. I don't understand the "COST HIKE" for gems with quality. What am I missing? A 10% quality leap slam is not giving 10 times more damage. OR, is it? And, so on for other gems.2. Does the "item quantity, item rarity gems" have to be in the weapon that kills a bad guy for it work? Or, does it have to be in something at the time...say my boots, or gloves.3. What is up with people selling an item and wanting you to offer them a price? I feel like I am bidding against myself with these peopl
1) You need to look up skill on wiki to see what quality means, it is different for each gem2) No, it needs to be linked with the skill you use to kill the mob, a great one to link it with is power siphon since it has culling strike (if you hit mob at less than 10% hp you get the kill)3) They are just negotiating, lowball them to be safe and they will usually give you the price they like, then negotiate down from there

So I am at the point of doing maps now, I have 2 level 66 maps, I read on reddit that I should "chance" maps 66-69 and then use alterations to get item quantity between 30-40, and use alch's on any maps that are higher.

I got 36% item quantity on both maps (actually same exact alteration since they both have 2 unique bosses). I'm guessing having 2 bosses is good, more loot, right?

Also how do maps work in SC, if I die in the map I assume I can get back into it or do I need to open a portal as soon as I get into the map?

Do you guys usually solo the 66 maps or allow other people to join?

Explain to me a couple of things: 1. I don't understand the "COST HIKE" for gems with quality. What am I missing? A 10% quality leap slam is not giving 10 times more damage. OR, is it? And, so on for other gems.
For Ground SlamGem Quality Each percentage of quality adds +1.5% Increased stun duration.Each gem has a different stat increase with quality. It varies gem to gem. The wikia does a nice job describing the quality upgrades. The below is a link to ground slam but you can find any gem you want just by editting the link. http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Ground_Slam

Explain to me a couple of things:

1. I don't understand the "COST HIKE" for gems with quality. What am I missing? A 10% quality leap slam is not giving 10 times more damage. OR, is it? And, so on for other gems.

2. Does the "item quantity, item rarity gems" have to be in the weapon that kills a bad guy for it work? Or, does it have to be in something at the time...say my boots, or gloves.

3. What is up with people selling an item and wanting you to offer them a price? I feel like I am bidding against myself with these peopl
1) You need to look up skill on wiki to see what quality means, it is different for each gem2) No, it needs to be linked with the skill you use to kill the mob, a great one to link it with is power siphon since it has culling strike (if you hit mob at less than 10% hp you get the kill)

3) They are just negotiating, lowball them to be safe and they will usually give you the price they like, then negotiate down from there
thanks I have been doing it wrong.

I need a Flammability gem for my next character. One guy is selling a 13% quality gem. What should I offer for it?
2 gcp imo.
Got chaos dmg gem last night. Is that the grand pubah of damage gems?
Its the most expensive just because its drop only but I think added fire is the most useful as it adds an amount of fire damage determined by your physical damage (ie. more physical damage, more added fire). Added lightning not far behind allows you to shock things with static blows on skills typically not able to. Cold is pretty meh.Id say Chaos is the 3rd most useful, but its quite rare, I only have one myself.

So I am at the point of doing maps now, I have 2 level 66 maps, I read on reddit that I should "chance" maps 66-69 and then use alterations to get item quantity between 30-40, and use alch's on any maps that are higher.

I got 36% item quantity on both maps (actually same exact alteration since they both have 2 unique bosses). I'm guessing having 2 bosses is good, more loot, right?

Also how do maps work in SC, if I die in the map I assume I can get back into it or do I need to open a portal as soon as I get into the map?

There will be 6 portals in the laboratory. That is a fixed number, if you die 6 times you're done. (Ask me how I know).

There will be 6 portals in the laboratory. That is a fixed number, if you die 6 times you're done. (Ask me how I know).
First map it took me all 6, but I cleared it, no map.

Second map it took me only 5, and a L67 map. Success!

I think I need more levels before doing these, they seem a lot harder than L66 areas.

I converted all my HP nodes to +Energy Shield so that really is not helping.

If I go for CI, and I come across a mob that leeches life, am I 1 shot?

I think I need more levels before doing these, they seem a lot harder than L66 areas.

Dunno, but I know there are nodes that make you immune to life leech.

Dunno, but I know there are nodes that make you immune to life leech.
There's only 1 node I know of, bloodless and it is on the totally opposite end of CI so I am guessing life leech is a chaos skill and CI should be immune.

So gems I have that I would love to part with for chaos are:

Added chaos dmg

Flammability

Faster attacks X 3

Faster casting

Reduced mana

One thing I would suggest everybody with higher characters do is check all the vendors once a day. I've gotten a 5 link, and several 4 links from them.

Maximum nerd tonight. Not going to the bar to watch the UFC fight to stay home get drunk and watch Evangelion 1.11 on adult swim.

Growing pains on my soon to be CI-physical melee character that I've never attempted before, but should be decent if I can get the gear.

That being said, I'm looking for a few things.

-Dream Fragments unique saphire ring

-Quality faster attacks, life leech, increased area of effect, melee on full life, increased melee damage, blood rage

Thats it really, I have all kinds of stuff to trade, items, currency whatever.

One thing I would suggest everybody with higher characters do is check all the vendors once a day. I've gotten a 5 link, and several 4 links from them.
Good advice here. I also check for gear that can get a chromatic orb. This can be found at all levels.

Good advice here. I also check for gear that can get a chromatic orb. This can be found at all levels.
Just for people concerned:5 socket items begin appearing in act 1 cruel (maybe act 3 normal, but im pretty sure act 1 cruel), 6 socket items begin appearing in a3 cruel for sure.

Just for people concerned:5 socket items begin appearing in act 1 cruel (maybe act 3 normal, but im pretty sure act 1 cruel), 6 socket items begin appearing in a3 cruel for sure.
From what I read somewhere, the shops reset when you level and some other unknown period (but it's not every day). I assume they reset every patch.I've been checking all vendors every level for chromatics and keeping my eyes open for 5L gear. Is there a decent market for 4L gear that I should buy anything I come across?

From what I read somewhere, the shops reset when you level and some other unknown period (but it's not every day). I assume they reset every patch.I've been checking all vendors every level for chromatics and keeping my eyes open for 5L gear. Is there a decent market for 4L gear that I should buy anything I come across?
Every server reset vendors reset. Every level up vendors reset and everytime a vendors stock is entirely wiped out they restock.

Only 4L gloves and helms I would think, boots still usually need run-speed for anyone to bother, and they are only useful if you can flip them. 4L's are the one item I will post on the forums and weeks later get odd requests for them.

Finished the game Friday of this week. I am just running around farming. Current level 66. I haven't had any luck finding maps for higher levels. Just kind of spinning my wheels.

Anyone have a price check on wisdom scrolls? Trying to farm and running out fast.
You can sell whetstones and armor scraps to the vendor for quick scrolls.I would say they are worth exactly whatever their conversion rate is. I think its 4 scrolls per whetstone and 2 per scrap, or 8 and 4 respectively.

The economy is soooo interesting in this game.

I see this constantly in trade chat: wtb your exalt for 5 GCP

So I post: Selling my exalt for 7 of your GCP

What happens next is an all out flame war against me about how I am ripping people off etc. So I simply ask in trade chat for any of those who are bashing me to sell me their exalts at the 5 gcp rate that they say is fair. I did not get one taker. So I bumped my offer up to 6 GCP per exalt and not one taker. So I call them out on it for being frauds and their response: "crickets"

So here is what I have been selling (numerous times) at regardless of what any website says

60 alts for 7 chaos

1 gcp for 4 chaos

1 exalt for 7 gcp

20 chisels for 7-8 chaos

1 fusing for 1 chaos

Keep in mind you will get bashed at these prices, but they do sell.

I need to get my marauder through merciless. He's just farming the zombies and skeletons.

The economy is soooo interesting in this game.

I see this constantly in trade chat: wtb your exalt for 5 GCP

So I post: Selling my exalt for 7 of your GCP

What happens next is an all out flame war against me about how I am ripping people off etc. So I simply ask in trade chat for any of those who are bashing me to sell me their exalts at the 5 gcp rate that they say is fair. I did not get one taker. So I bumped my offer up to 6 GCP per exalt and not one taker. So I call them out on it for being frauds and their response: "crickets"

So here is what I have been selling (numerous times) at regardless of what any website says

60 alts for 7 chaos

1 gcp for 4 chaos

1 exalt for 7 gcp

20 chisels for 7-8 chaos

1 fusing for 1 chaos

Keep in mind you will get bashed at these prices, but they do sell.

Walking a thin line tbh. Bartering is bartering is bartering, but there is still an accepted relative value of currency.There is a huge difference between 5 and 7 gcp (6 chaos). Exalted are widely accepted to be approximately 15 chaos/5 gcp. So you can see how adding 6 chaos to 15 chaos is an outrageous price increase.

I'm willing to bend on prices, but 140% is substantial.

Users who are viewing this thread