What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

Man so I got tired of never having Chance Orbs so I decided I would do low level magic finding for the chance orb recipe.20% Quantity + 20% quantity more from support, 155% rarity.Whoever is farming alterations at docks, I have to say you are doing it wrong, I was told getting 2-3 shards per scroll was good, I'm getting 8-10 shards per scroll, plus the occasional chance orb from the recipe and in 10 runs I've gotten two uniques...Now if only I could play in the next 24 hours...
You farming Marveil in normal?
I was yes, I'm blood magic, so I'm wearing Aurseize and Wondertrap, with reduced mana grace, anger, wrath, haste and determination I get just under 33% life which leaves me with 1.1k health but I still push out 3k single target and 1k lmp chain lightning arrow.I ran 10 normal runs, Asenath's Mark dropped on first normal merveil kill, very nice helmet. In 10 runs (5 minutes) I made 15 Alterations, 3 Augmentations and 10 Alchemy Shards and im short two rings and an ammy from 2 chance orbs.Did 2 Cruel runs in about 2 minutes still one shot everything first cruel merveil kill dropped Bones of Ullr.Away from my desktop and I hate gaming on my laptop so I won't be able to try out Merciless Merveil with only 1.1k health but I don't think there are enough advantages to do it over cruel (both sub-60 zones, the sub-60 valuable uniques are sub-40).
I decided to do Merveil normal. So I run to her, and I think, damn she's hitting me hard for normal. But some unique gloves dropped, so I did it again. Then a Karui maul (not unique) dropped, and I said, hey wait a minute... Turns out I was doing it in Merciless. Since doing it in normal, a unique belt has dropped. I have wondertrap, that's an interesting concept, I'll try it.

How do you do cruel runs in 2 minutes though? Sometimes it takes me longer than that just to find her lair.

Man so I got tired of never having Chance Orbs so I decided I would do low level magic finding for the chance orb recipe.20% Quantity + 20% quantity more from support, 155% rarity.Whoever is farming alterations at docks, I have to say you are doing it wrong, I was told getting 2-3 shards per scroll was good, I'm getting 8-10 shards per scroll, plus the occasional chance orb from the recipe and in 10 runs I've gotten two uniques...Now if only I could play in the next 24 hours...
I was yes, I'm blood magic, so I'm wearing Aurseize and Wondertrap, with reduced mana grace, anger, wrath, haste and determination I get just under 33% life which leaves me with 1.1k health but I still push out 3k single target and 1k lmp chain lightning arrow.I ran 10 normal runs, Asenath's Mark dropped on first normal merveil kill, very nice helmet. In 10 runs (5 minutes) I made 15 Alterations, 3 Augmentations and 10 Alchemy Shards and im short two rings and an ammy from 2 chance orbs.Did 2 Cruel runs in about 2 minutes still one shot everything first cruel merveil kill dropped Bones of Ullr.Away from my desktop and I hate gaming on my laptop so I won't be able to try out Merciless Merveil with only 1.1k health but I don't think there are enough advantages to do it over cruel (both sub-60 zones, the sub-60 valuable uniques are sub-40).
I decided to do Merveil normal. So I run to her, and I think, damn she's hitting me hard for normal. But some unique gloves dropped, so I did it again. Then a Karui maul (not unique) dropped, and I said, hey wait a minute... Turns out I was doing it in Merciless. Since doing it in normal, a unique belt has dropped. I have wondertrap, that's an interesting concept, I'll try it.

How do you do cruel runs in 2 minutes though? Sometimes it takes me longer than that just to find her lair.
Haste gives me 4% movespeed and wondertrap gives 15%, running two quicksilvers with adrenaline and I use lightning warp to skip large portions of cavern of anger. Knowing the maps helps as well, I'm using Perandus Blazon for the quantity but it has 20% flask duration on it as well, which makes them last for 7.2 seconds and I can replenish them with one shot per pack.

Haste gives me 4% movespeed and wondertrap gives 15%, running two quicksilvers with adrenaline and I use lightning warp to skip large portions of cavern of anger. Knowing the maps helps as well, I'm using Perandus Blazon for the quantity but it has 20% flask duration on it as well, which makes them last for 7.2 seconds and I can replenish them with one shot per pack.
I'm using a trick I found in the forums. Run Cavern of Anger once, then put up a tp right at the entrance to Wrath. Run through Wrath, kill her, and go through the door to act 2. Take the Waypoint back to act 1 town, sell your stuff, then go through the TP and reset Wrath. Speeds things up a lot.

By the way, THANK YOU! I only pick up rares now. I've found 3 or 4 uniques in a couple of hours of farming Cruel. Also did 3 or 4 runs with Dragons, we both got uniques.

One question: When I was running with Dragons, sometimes she would drop 12 rares, sometimes like 5. We are assuming it was based on who got the killing blow (My iir and iiq are MUCH higher than Dragons). Anybody know if this is the case? Never mind, I found it on the Wiki. I does matter who gets the killing blow.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm using a trick I found in the forums. Run Cavern of Anger once, then put up a tp right at the entrance to Wrath. Run through Wrath, kill her, and go through the door to act 2. Take the Waypoint back to act 1 town, sell your stuff, then go through the TP and reset Wrath. Speeds things up a lot.

By the way, THANK YOU! I only pick up rares now. I've found 3 or 4 uniques in a couple of hours of farming Cruel. Also did 3 or 4 runs with Dragons, we both got uniques.

One question: When I was running with Dragons, sometimes she would drop 12 rares, sometimes like 5. We are assuming it was based on who got the killing blow (My iir and iiq are MUCH higher than Dragons). Anybody know if this is the case? Never mind, I found it on the Wiki. I does matter who gets the killing blow.
Killing blow determines the Item rarity and quantity for the kill, for being in a party everyone automatically gets +50% quantity per person, this was recently changed to "in range of party" which is basically on the same screen as you.Also yes, dropping tp at the entrance of Anger is key, cuts the time of the run in half, Anger also isn't that tough of a zone to traverse, Merveil is normally to the north and you can usually tell when you can't reach her quickly and just go east-by-north.

hi, there are 2 gems I would like to trade for (prepping for a future character).

Fire Penetration and Minion Life

I am still very poor. Please let me know which of the following you would like (this is my complete orb collection)

1 chaos

2 blessed

1 regret

9 alchs

9 fuses

9 scours

47 jewelers

63 augs

40 chance

78 chromes

91 alts

82 trans

FootballDummy said:
Run It Up said:
FootballDummy said:
Run It Up said:

I am not understanding this "trick"

1. tp outside of Wraith

2. Kill Wraith

then I am doing something wrong.

#### me :)

I think I died 8 times trying to kill Kadavrus the Defiler in the Fetid Pool in Merciless before finally whittling him down. He himself was not hard but I just could never get to him with the stupid resurrected Rhoa Carcass treating me like Jenna Jameson in a gang bang.

I did not lose any experience though since I had just leveled up before waddling into the Fetid Pool.

I am not understanding this "trick"

1. tp outside of Wraith

2. Kill Wraith

then I am doing something wrong.
To get to Merveil you must travel from the Caverns of Wrath way point through Caverns of Wrath to Caverns of Anger and from Caverns of Anger to Merveils Lair (which is still technically in Caverns of Anger).You can cut the first half of this out of a run by using a town portal scroll. When you get to the entrace to Caverns of Anger while still in Caverns of Wrath use a TP scroll then enter Caverns of Anger. Progress through the run, find Merveil and kill her, exit through the door and take the Forest Waypoint back to Lioneyes Watch (the act 1 town), now instead of going to the Caverns of Wrath waypoint to start your next run, go through your portal you opened back to Caverns of Anger entrance, use another portal and ctrl+click the entrance to make a new instance and repeat.I don't own a portal gem but it could cut down on costs, I'm going to look into buying one on the cheap.

hi, there are 2 gems I would like to trade for (prepping for a future character).

I am still very poor. Please let me know which of the following you would like (this is my complete orb collection)

1 chaos

2 blessed

1 regret

9 alchs

9 fuses

9 scours

47 jewelers

63 augs

40 chance

78 chromes

91 alts

82 trans
I've probably got both of them, I'll do both for a chaos or 3 alchs.

1 chaos

2 blessed

1 regret

9 alchs

9 fuses

9 scours

47 jewelers

63 augs

40 chance

78 chromes

91 alts

82 trans
Thanks, but already traded with Shiznitttt. I paid a bit more than what you wanted though. I am so clueless about what to pay which is why I am so poor. I now have all gems for next character.

Well in an hour and a half I've done 35 Cruel Merveil runs, counting logging my loot drops and vendored results.When I get to 100 ill post my sample, ill probably stop at 50 and hit the sack, up 24 hours half of those drunk.Also I think I just sold a bunch of maps to a goldfarming bot lol, guy had a gibberish name was lvl 1, spoke terrible english and told me he wanted to buy "all the maps" sold him 25 lvl 66 maps for an alch each, left me with 15.

Time for sleep, hopefully when I wake up the new patch is live.50 Cruel Merveil Runs Approximately 120 minutes (spent a lot of time tallying loot), only used an extra TP scroll if I was getting at least 11 rares.

3 Uniques Collected277 Rares Sold11 Chromatic Items Sold-Total loot:1 Divine Orb (found)1 Orb of Scouring (found)12 Chromatic Orbs79 + (30.3) = 109.3 Alterations20 Augmentations606 Alteration Shards (30.3 Alteration Orbs)49 Alchemy Shards (2.45 Orbs of Alchemy)-Chance Recipe completed only twice (4x Orbs of Chance)Karui Ward Jade AmuletGeoffris BaptismFairgraves Tricorne-Average Runs:5.54 Rares/run0.06 Uniques/run0.22 Chromatics/run-0.054 Alch/run COST-Total Costs: 1.8 ChaosApproximately 2 hours time.280 Wisdom Scroll (2.8 Alchemy)52 Portal Scroll (0.8 Alchemy)-Gross Profit: 18.28 Chaos1 Divine (10 chaos)1 Scouring (0.5 chaos)12 Chromatics (0.6 chaos)109.3 Alterations (5.43 chaos)2.45 Alchemy (1.2 chaos)4 Chances (0.55 chaos)20 Augmentations-Net Profit: 16.48 Chaos, 20 augs and 3 uniques.Sample size is too small, when I wake up ill grind out another 50. Would be pretty mediocre if I hadn't of found that divine, which is hilarious, I found only 2 orbs in 50 runs (lvl 81 in a 40 zone) a scouring and a divine of all things.

Time for sleep, hopefully when I wake up the new patch is live.50 Cruel Merveil Runs Approximately 120 minutes (spent a lot of time tallying loot), only used an extra TP scroll if I was getting at least 11 rares.

3 Uniques Collected277 Rares Sold11 Chromatic Items Sold-Total loot:1 Divine Orb (found)1 Orb of Scouring (found)12 Chromatic Orbs79 + (30.3) = 109.3 Alterations20 Augmentations606 Alteration Shards (30.3 Alteration Orbs)49 Alchemy Shards (2.45 Orbs of Alchemy)-Chance Recipe completed only twice (4x Orbs of Chance)Karui Ward Jade AmuletGeoffris BaptismFairgraves Tricorne-Average Runs:5.54 Rares/run0.06 Uniques/run0.22 Chromatics/run-0.054 Alch/run COST-Total Costs: 1.8 ChaosApproximately 2 hours time.280 Wisdom Scroll (2.8 Alchemy)52 Portal Scroll (0.8 Alchemy)-Gross Profit: 18.28 Chaos1 Divine (10 chaos)1 Scouring (0.5 chaos)12 Chromatics (0.6 chaos)109.3 Alterations (5.43 chaos)2.45 Alchemy (1.2 chaos)4 Chances (0.55 chaos)20 Augmentations-Net Profit: 16.48 Chaos, 20 augs and 3 uniques.Sample size is too small, when I wake up ill grind out another 50. Would be pretty mediocre if I hadn't of found that divine, which is hilarious, I found only 2 orbs in 50 runs (lvl 81 in a 40 zone) a scouring and a divine of all things.
I am on if you want to run together? CremeLL

1 chaos

2 blessed

1 regret

9 alchs

9 fuses

9 scours

47 jewelers

63 augs

40 chance

78 chromes

91 alts

82 trans
Thanks, but already traded with Shiznitttt. I paid a bit more than what you wanted though. I am so clueless about what to pay which is why I am so poor.I now have all gems for next character.
I give discounts to FBGs:)

These new gems are outrageous, truly truly outrageous.
what do you mean?

Also, my auras looked really messed up. Determination is just a gold ring now?
The new support gems, Melee Splash, Multistrike and the Power Charge on Critical Strike gems.

The new melee ones are ridiculous, Melee is back to being as strong as it was before open beta, ridiculously strong.

Mother of God! 53% Crit chance!!!

Finally got to 200 chaos orbs. And, exalts are going for 22 plus LOL
Teach me how to budget, I go through orbs like its nobodies business.
I just farm like crazy until they get more content. I tried HC and died after 3 hours so I was like WTF. Farming is the game within the game. Every once in a while I get a unique that I can trade for some real loot. That is pretty much it. I can't find better gear than I have (well I am not paying 20 exalt pure for anything!!). So I just farm until GGG puts out more content. I only trade for chaos or higher with the inflation as bad as it is, and Buddy seems to be pretty smart when he was asking for 20 plus chaos for his exalts a couple of weeks ago.

I just farm like crazy until they get more content. I tried HC and died after 3 hours so I was like WTF. Farming is the game within the game. Every once in a while I get a unique that I can trade for some real loot. That is pretty much it. I can't find better gear than I have (well I am not paying 20 exalt pure for anything!!). So I just farm until GGG puts out more content. I only trade for chaos or higher with the inflation as bad as it is, and Buddy seems to be pretty smart when he was asking for 20 plus chaos for his exalts a couple of weeks ago.
Thats pretty much my routine, I just spend my orbs making better gear. Its probably because I reroll once a week, allows me to diversify and I consider leveling through content as farming.Although, I have two stash tabs of uniques just collecting dust.

Thats pretty much my routine, I just spend my orbs making better gear. Its probably because I reroll once a week, allows me to diversify and I consider leveling through content as farming.Although, I have two stash tabs of uniques just collecting dust.
If one of those uniques is a Meginords Girdle... :)

Thats pretty much my routine, I just spend my orbs making better gear. Its probably because I reroll once a week, allows me to diversify and I consider leveling through content as farming.

Although, I have two stash tabs of uniques just collecting dust.
Only unique belt I have is Blazon :/

All my uniques

So running Merveil is strictly for rares, yes? I ran through several times on cruel to see with my marauder and owned her handily pretty quickly.

Thats pretty much my routine, I just spend my orbs making better gear. Its probably because I reroll once a week, allows me to diversify and I consider leveling through content as farming.

Although, I have two stash tabs of uniques just collecting dust.
Only unique belt I have is Blazon :/

All my uniques
I found a Wurm's Molt yesterday, think Dragons did also.

So running Merveil is strictly for rares, yes? I ran through several times on cruel to see with my marauder and owned her handily pretty quickly.
Depending on your level, you will likely not receive very much pure currency in the form of orbs.So yes it will be mostly for rares to vendor for alterations and the occasional unique/quality gem.

Attempting to make a Crit/Elemental Splitarrow Shadow, killed brutus and he dropped another Redbeak.

so, I'm in the middle of act 2 on my first playthrough with a fire witch, minoring in summons.

I didn't set out for fire, but that's just the kind of spells I picked up, so that's what I'm using.

I've played a few of these types of games before, and I've been just kind of learning the system --- watched a few kripparian vids, recently, after somebody in here linked them.

so, I'll probably be making a new char to play through with a buddy of mine, and I'd be interested in any char creation tips or discussion that anybody has.

the whole char creation/management has always been one of my fav parts of any game.

I'm tempted to go right back to witch, as I've never been a fan of melee chars, but I'm open to suggestions on keystones, or whatever.

kripparian's suggested a min of +130% on life nodes, and I know I've seen a lot of buzz about eldritch battery and blood magic.

I guess I could rip that chained lightning arrow build, but just copying a build seems kind of boring.

so, I'm in the middle of act 2 on my first playthrough with a fire witch, minoring in summons.

I didn't set out for fire, but that's just the kind of spells I picked up, so that's what I'm using.

I've played a few of these types of games before, and I've been just kind of learning the system --- watched a few kripparian vids, recently, after somebody in here linked them.

so, I'll probably be making a new char to play through with a buddy of mine, and I'd be interested in any char creation tips or discussion that anybody has.

the whole char creation/management has always been one of my fav parts of any game.

I'm tempted to go right back to witch, as I've never been a fan of melee chars, but I'm open to suggestions on keystones, or whatever.

kripparian's suggested a min of +130% on life nodes, and I know I've seen a lot of buzz about eldritch battery and blood magic.

I guess I could rip that chained lightning arrow build, but just copying a build seems kind of boring.
Can really do whatever you want as long as you can satisfy two requirements.-Can you survive being hit

-How will you sustain your skills

You can solve both of these problems by simply going heavy life and using blood magic, which is why its popular. Whatever you do decide on just make sure you can stay alive and at the same time be able to do damage.Also 130% is incredibly low, I think 200% is the minimum for life or energy shield.

isn't blood magic just going to be knocking my health down all the time?
If you had no regeneration or other way to regain life (life leech, or life gain on hit) yes. But around most of the major life nodes there are % regeneration nodes, they work by giving you an amount of life regenerate per second but its dependent on your maximum health.So if you had 4k life and had 1% life regeneration you would regen 40 life per second, there is a 1.5% regeneration node in the heart of the marauder tree and one just south of the duelist tree, there are also 1% regeneration nodes in the heart of the templar and duelist trees.Its not hard at all to get 2.5%-4.4% regeneration which if you had 4k life 100-176 life regeneration per second. Life leech also heals you for a percentage of the damage you do, but it heals you at a rate of no higher than 20% of your life, so staying with the theme, if you used life leech and had 4k life you could leech no more than 800 life per second which would only require you to do 13.5k damage (assuming you have 6% life leech, which is a level 16 life leech gem) to hit that cap, which when you consider you are attacking more than one target typically is not hard to reach.Its very hard to hit this type of rate of regeneration for mana, especially when you also have to focus on surviving.

isn't blood magic just going to be knocking my health down all the time?
If you had no regeneration or other way to regain life (life leech, or life gain on hit) yes. But around most of the major life nodes there are % regeneration nodes, they work by giving you an amount of life regenerate per second but its dependent on your maximum health.So if you had 4k life and had 1% life regeneration you would regen 40 life per second, there is a 1.5% regeneration node in the heart of the marauder tree and one just south of the duelist tree, there are also 1% regeneration nodes in the heart of the templar and duelist trees.Its not hard at all to get 2.5%-4.4% regeneration which if you had 4k life 100-176 life regeneration per second. Life leech also heals you for a percentage of the damage you do, but it heals you at a rate of no higher than 20% of your life, so staying with the theme, if you used life leech and had 4k life you could leech no more than 800 life per second which would only require you to do 13.5k damage to hit that cap, which when you consider you are attacking more than one target typically is not hard to reach.Its very hard to hit this type of rate of regeneration for mana, especially when you also have to focus on surviving.
thx, I'm getting it now -- I had built this one guy around a big mana pool with high mana regen.

I'll have to think about another starting spot.

btw, I got necro aegis because I had a cool shield with regen and reflection -- do you know if both those attributes work with aegis?

They both should, there is a new unique shield from a patch or two ago that whenever an enemy crits you, you spread tar like the tar zombies in act one. This affect works on minions if you use Aegis and is hilarious.

So I ran a few cruel Merveils. I have gotten 1 unique hat (Goldrim I think is the name?) and I can see the attraction of the fast yellows. I made a discovery as well - Cavern of Anger can spawn a large chest, as well. I saw it once but it dropped a bunch of blue poo.

I guess a question would be is it worth running merciless vs cruel at level 69? Better chance of better stuff? Or would the increased time make it not worthwhile?

Mad Cow said:
I guess a question would be is it worth running merciless vs cruel at level 69? Better chance of better stuff? Or would the increased time make it not worthwhile?
I wonder the same thing? If you are looking for something for yourself it would be better to run at the higher level, but if you are vendoring the stuff the extra time is a PITA!

Mad Cow said:
Mad Cow, on 10 Apr 2013 - 10:50, said:I guess a question would be is it worth running merciless vs cruel at level 69? Better chance of better stuff? Or would the increased time make it not worthwhile?
Well the item level doesn't go to 60 in merciless act 1(40 in cruel, 56 in merciless) so you are essentially doing the same exact thing at a slower speed for a chance at one or two of the uniques you can't get in cruel. I guess 6s can drop so there is the potential for crappy 6L also, but 6s sell for 7 jewelers hmm...Notable uniques that you can't get in cruel that you can get in merciless:Marohi ErqiThe CovenantNotable uniques that you can get in cruel (also in merciless):AurseizeWindscreamWake of DestructionMidnight BargainLiterally all of the jewelryMerciless Anger is kind of a wash, unless you can count on getting a Marohi Erqi, Merciless Vaal on the other hand could be profitable since its the chaos recipe instead of the chance, unfortunately you can't low life him :cry: Either way, just a tip, whenever you do farm merveil and finish a run and you have space in your inventory pick up the blues and sell them without identifying them, you can then trade the transmutes for scrolls.

Mad Cow said:
Well the item level doesn't go to 60 in merciless act 1(40 in cruel, 56 in merciless) so you are essentially doing the same exact thing at a slower speed for a chance at one or two of the uniques you can't get in cruel.Notable uniques that you can't get in cruel that you can get in merciless:Marohi ErqiThe CovenantNotable uniques that you can get in cruel (also in merciless):AurseizeWindscreamWake of DestructionMidnight BargainLiterally all of the jewelryMerciless Anger is kind of a wash, unless you can count on getting a Marohi Erqi, Merciless Vaal on the other hand could be profitable since its the chaos recipe instead of the chance, unfortunately you can't low life him :cry:
Can you set up a TP outside and run vaal over and over?

How do Mereveil runs compare to Hillock in terms of loot/time?
Act bosses drop like 5x as much loot and it appears to be much better in terms of rarity.The runs are a little slower than hillock runs but not by much.6 runs in and Ive gotten a quill rain and a goldrim lol.

Run It Up, on 10 Apr 2013 - 12:34, said:

Mad Cow, on 10 Apr 2013 - 12:26, said:

Run It Up, on 10 Apr 2013 - 12:24, said:

Mad Cow, on 10 Apr 2013 - 12:18, said:How do Mereveil runs compare to Hillock in terms of loot/time?
Act bosses drop like 5x as much loot and it appears to be much better in terms of rarity.The runs are a little slower than hillock runs but not by much.6 runs in and Ive gotten a quill rain and a goldrim lol.
Goldrim worth anything?
Perfect one maybe, otherwise probably no more than a chaos.
Seems like it would be a decent leveling hat due to it's great elemental resists - mine is 35% I think. It has a lot of rarity too, right? I am thinking mine is 10%.Nm looks like 10% is standard on rarity.

Users who are viewing this thread