What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

sum of nodes -- before and after

http://www.diffchecker.com/noa8vzfr
That is very nice! Thanks for posting.Where is the node located that gives "20% increased Elemental Damage with Spells"?
Its formerly the Savant Node, its the 30 Int node right in the middle of the left side of the witch starting area, just below the three elemental damage routes.
Is it now called Elemental Dominion?

That is very nice! Thanks for posting.Where is the node located that gives "20% increased Elemental Damage with Spells"?
Its formerly the Savant Node, its the 30 Int node right in the middle of the left side of the witch starting area, just below the three elemental damage routes.
yeah, something like that -- they renamed it

run it up -- could you add melee splash to that, or am I talking out my ###?

wouldn't that work kind of like the shock stacking LA build, plus freeze?

I mean, assuming you had lightning in there as added dam.

I gotta make a mr freeze for this new league.

I was considering using Splash instead of Elemental Proliferation. But Sweep does more than enough AoE dmg, the problem I'm having is Glacial Hammer just isn't doing enough damage, but it could just be my weapon - using a 220 dmg 2h mace.

I wreck groups of mobs, but I struggle with bosses cause my single target is bad.

I was considering using Splash instead of Elemental Proliferation. But Sweep does more than enough AoE dmg, the problem I'm having is Glacial Hammer just isn't doing enough damage, but it could just be my weapon - using a 220 dmg 2h mace.

I wreck groups of mobs, but I struggle with bosses cause my single target is bad.
couldn't you just switch off to a heavy strike, or sth for bosses?

edit: omg I think I have my anarchy guy

glacial hammer + melee splash + ele pro + multistrike --- would that work like I think it would?

added lightning dam

blood magic for the engine

leap slam / flicker for mobility

what do you guys have to say about mace vs hammer vs staff, 1H vs 2H?

Last edited by a moderator:

couldn't you just switch off to a heavy strike, or sth for bosses?
I could, but Glacial Hammer should do almost as much damage as heavy strike. I think its just my weapon, 220 is really low.

So who is springing for the $12,500 open beta supporters pack? :) https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase/
this guy
Awesome! Hope he enjoys the stickers :) I like that he spent $12.5k and is on probation for posting to the forums. :)
looool

how many stash tabs do I get for 12 racks?
You get 11,000 points to spend. Assuming you spent all that on premium stash tabs, you could buy 438 with a small amount left over.

Finished my second character. Almost as bad as the first :(

Made it to level 67 and beat Piety but died almost 250 times. Spent 58 hours on this one.

Still no where near strong enough to try a map sad to say.

This character was built ok from the tree but just could not find any gear for the life of me and was too poor to buy anything.

Oh well, on to character number 3. Going to try melee this time.

I started my 3rd character in the Anarchy League and totally spaced out that my stash was going to be empty. I am going to delete this character and start back up in the standard league where I will be one step above poor and hopefully can build on that.

Once the anarchy league ends in a few months, I know the characters will revert to the standard league. What happens to your stash that you build up in Anarchy?

I started my 3rd character in the Anarchy League and totally spaced out that my stash was going to be empty. I am going to delete this character and start back up in the standard league where I will be one step above poor and hopefully can build on that.

Once the anarchy league ends in a few months, I know the characters will revert to the standard league. What happens to your stash that you build up in Anarchy?
The stash tabs with stuff in them get added to your stash as 'remove-only tabs' and take up no actual stash space.I plan to use this to just store a bunch of crap before the league ends.Didn't have much opportunity to play yesterday, only got to 25. I found one exile and he was pretty tough for me but I had absolutely horrible gear. He dropped great loot however, 3 rares and the unique energy shield for summoners that Matua Tupuna

I am having a hard time enjoying the new league. Starting over from scratch is not that fun. Other than the occasional rogue you could just start a new character and have the same "good time."

I am having a hard time enjoying the new league. Starting over from scratch is not that fun. Other than the occasional rogue you could just start a new character and have the same "good time."
Its not for everyone, I'm personally a fan of having an economy that isn't absolute crap.I found a Matua Tupuna and traded it for a Malachai's with absolutely no trouble at all. Now I can reserve life for auras without a penalty which in the standard economy costs you 7+ GCPs.Got a 7% Frenzy for a chaos.Got a Broadstroke Quiver for a regret.

The stash tabs with stuff in them get added to your stash as 'remove-only tabs' and take up no actual stash space.I plan to use this to just store a bunch of crap before the league ends.Didn't have much opportunity to play yesterday, only got to 25. I found one exile and he was pretty tough for me but I had absolutely horrible gear. He dropped great loot however, 3 rares and the unique energy shield for summoners that Matua Tupuna
what lvl were you, and what skills did he use?

Its not for everyone, I'm personally a fan of having an economy that isn't absolute crap.I found a Matua Tupuna and traded it for a Malachai's with absolutely no trouble at all. Now I can reserve life for auras without a penalty which in the standard economy costs you 7+ GCPs.Got a 7% Frenzy for a chaos.Got a Broadstroke Quiver for a regret.
this is a big plus. seeing uniques sell for an alch. inflation will take place in a few weeks when everyone hits sarn merciless.

I am playing my first melee character.

I am currently using a one handed mace.

Is there something I am doing wrong when trying to hit the ground crawling bad monsters? I feel like I miss more than 50% of the time where as my hit ration is close to 85% for anyone who is standing.

The stash tabs with stuff in them get added to your stash as 'remove-only tabs' and take up no actual stash space.

I plan to use this to just store a bunch of crap before the league ends.

Didn't have much opportunity to play yesterday, only got to 25. I found one exile and he was pretty tough for me but I had absolutely horrible gear. He dropped great loot however, 3 rares and the unique energy shield for summoners that Matua Tupuna
what lvl were you, and what skills did he use?
I was lvl 22 I wanna say, it was my second run through Normal City of Sarn. He was a Marauder who used cleave and shield charge, had a ton of health and regen. Was a pretty tough fight for me since I had horrible gear and I didn't have the right gems yet.

For those of you who have bought supporter packs, they added the ability to upgrade previous purchases to supporter packs. The automated feature only works on single purchases at the moment, so if you had spent $50 bucks, you could just click the upgrade button and it will magic it up - but I've spent $50 bucks over two years in 3 separate purchases $10 early access and two $20 packs.

Lead dev said it would be possible to upgrade multiple purchases to a supporter pack, so I emailed support and sure enough they will do it.

Thank you for contacting us about upgrading your point packs to aSupporter Pack!

We will be able to do this for you, unfortunately we won't be able to

do it right away, as the team that handles these requests won't be in

the office until tomorrow

However once they get in, they'll begin processing requests and

contact you as soon as possible with the details.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask :)

Very sorry for this delay and any inconvenience it may cause you,

thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Bex

I like starting new char - but the difference here is you can't give these guys a leg up.Btw, anybody know why kripp is determined to chance a cold ring into a unique?Is there something about this ring that makes iy more advantageous in onslaught than regular hc?

I like starting new char - but the difference here is you can't give these guys a leg up.Btw, anybody know why kripp is determined to chance a cold ring into a unique?Is there something about this ring that makes iy more advantageous in onslaught than regular hc?
Dream Fragments unique ring.The melee buffs made Chaos Inoculation melee builds really good. The biggest weakness for CI builds is their inability to scale resistance to status effects (because they are scaled off of your life and with CI you always have 1 life), Dream Fragments gives Cannot Be Frozen, which is necessary for CI builds.If you wanna invest in something, its not a bad idea to invest in them for the new leagues.

that'd just be equally true of the new league, right?

if I try to roll one does it matter what the ilevel of the ring is?
You can roll any unique at any ilvl as long as the base item is right.ilvl still determines potential sockets however and if you do successfully chance a unique it will still have its required level.

You can roll any unique at any ilvl as long as the base item is right.ilvl still determines potential sockets however and if you do successfully chance a unique it will still have its required level.
is there a link which describes how many sockets are available at which ilevel?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54003

Item type1h Weapons/Wands and Shields can have up to 3 Sockets.Quivers cannot have any sockets.2h Weapons and Bows can have up to 6 SocketsHeadgear, Boots and Gloves can have up to 4 sockets.Chestpieces can have up to 6 Sockets.Itemlevel (from mechanics thread)1 socket : 12 sockets: 13 sockets: 154 sockets: 285 sockets: 356 sockets: 50

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54003

Item type1h Weapons/Wands and Shields can have up to 3 Sockets.Quivers cannot have any sockets.2h Weapons and Bows can have up to 6 SocketsHeadgear, Boots and Gloves can have up to 4 sockets.Chestpieces can have up to 6 Sockets.Itemlevel (from mechanics thread)1 socket : 12 sockets: 13 sockets: 154 sockets: 285 sockets: 356 sockets: 50
great thanks! I should have remembered to check the mechanics thread.

So I found a lvl 59 5L just as I hit 60 in Anarchy. I never thought I would complain about finding a 5L especially when I need one, but its a pure dex item and I need 3 red sockets.Muh chromatics!

My first character (Ranger mess) died 51 times in normal mode

My second character (Fire Witch) died 22 times in normal mode

My third character (Marauder Melee Physical) died 0 times in normal mode

Is Melee typically better at the lower levels or am I getting good use out of the buffs 0.11 put in for Melee?

I hope this scales into Cruel and Merciless. I really want to try a map with a character that stands a chance.

My first character (Ranger mess) died 51 times in normal mode

My second character (Fire Witch) died 22 times in normal mode

My third character (Marauder Melee Physical) died 0 times in normal mode

Is Melee typically better at the lower levels or am I getting good use out of the buffs 0.11 put in for Melee?

I hope this scales into Cruel and Merciless. I really want to try a map with a character that stands a chance.
Yes melee has always dominated normal difficulty.Getting huge flat damage, armor and health values pretty much carries everyone through normal. Two handers have like 4x the effective DPS of one handers, bows and spells in the early game. Well, most spells not all, Ice Nova does ridiculous damage early, so does shock nova.

My first character (Ranger mess) died 51 times in normal modeMy second character (Fire Witch) died 22 times in normal modeMy third character (Marauder Melee Physical) died 0 times in normal mode Is Melee typically better at the lower levels or am I getting good use out of the buffs 0.11 put in for Melee? I hope this scales into Cruel and Merciless. I really want to try a map with a character that stands a chance.
Yes melee has always dominated normal difficulty.Getting huge flat damage, armor and health values pretty much carries everyone through normal. Two handers have like 4x the effective DPS of one handers, bows and spells in the early game. Well, most spells not all, Ice Nova does ridiculous damage early, so does shock nova.
Thanks for the info. Oh well. Was hoping I was on to something good for once :) . It will be interesting to see where this falls apart.

looool

patch notes for

Version 0.11.kripp
  • Rogue Exiles now start appearing from The Prisoner's Gate in Normal difficulty.
  • Rogue Exiles are now more common.
  • Increased the rarity of item drops from Rogue Exiles.
  • Brutus and Kole have had their damage reduced.
  • Might, Beef, Physique and Instability have been changed to the correct names on the Challenge list.
  • The character selection screen now displays the correct banners for leagues.
  • Weapon effects from Open Beta Supporter Packs now appear on the off-hand weapon as well, if it doesn't have its own effect.
  • Fixed a bug where microtransaction effects could be lost when using an Eternal Orb.
  • Fixed a bug where the Vaal Oversoul's life bar was visible when it was hidden.
  • Fixed several bugs related to remaining monster count.
  • Fixed an issue where Restless Dead and the music would continue after the deaths of the bosses of Acton's Nightmare.
  • Fixed a client crash when changing areas with unapplied passive skill changes.

Wow patch was too strong for Kripp, he died again just after the patch.They changed enduring cry back to the way it used to be before open beta where it taunts all mobs in range and forces them to target you. He taunted an entire blue pack of chargers.PSA: Use Enduring Cry with caution.

yeah, I must be bad luck --- probably only checked his stream twice before and I just happened to tune in a couple min before he died just now.

RIPparian

Wow patch was too strong for Kripp, he died again just after the patch.They changed enduring cry back to the way it used to be before open beta where it taunts all mobs in range and forces them to target you. He taunted an entire blue pack of chargers.PSA: Use Enduring Cry with caution.

Fun stuff, Kripp taunted a bunch of skeletal rhoas and died. Ten minutes later server announcement that there was going to be a patch in 20 minutes.5 minutes later they tacked on "this patch will not include a nerf to rhoas", troll devs.

Fun stuff, Kripp taunted a bunch of skeletal rhoas and died. Ten minutes later server announcement that there was going to be a patch in 20 minutes.5 minutes later they tacked on "this patch will not include a nerf to rhoas", troll devs.
loool I was wondering about that -- just saw it

ggg is awesome

what lvl was he when the rhoas got him -- any idea?

that's basically the opposite of my playstyle -- I was just on my fire witch, and I basically summon a half dozen chinese farmers and sit way in the back spamming every fire skill on the bar.

of course, this is the first char I made and I'm not even 50 yet --- kripp hits that in about an hour.

loool I was wondering about that -- just saw it

ggg is awesome

what lvl was he when the rhoas got him -- any idea?

that's basically the opposite of my playstyle -- I was just on my fire witch, and I basically summon a half dozen chinese farmers and sit way in the back spamming every fire skill on the bar.

of course, this is the first char I made and I'm not even 50 yet --- kripp hits that in about an hour.
57 but he had 2.5k life and like 4k armor.

Lol. Almost 250 hours in to this game and my very first divine orb was dropped :) .

My 3rd character is moving along nicely. Into early act 3 of cruel (level 50) and have almost everything where I need it using blood magic. Anger for aura and Warlords Mark for a curse. I am a little lower on life than what I expected but my next 3 points will get me 22% more so I should be ok for this act.

I have died 7 times with this character. All 7 were on Vaal on Cruel. I need to figure that boss out for melee when merciless comes around.

Yeah, cruel vaal just pwned my witch this weekend.

I had him 95% killed and he one shot lasered me, so i killed him and went back for a grudge matcch.

Thhistime he killed me twice, and the next time was twice more.

Finallu took the hint

A few people lent me some gear and while I haven't given up the game, I have had no time to play for several weeks now. If anyone would like their gear back, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread