Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Minimum Innings Pitched Per Week Setting

Buckfast 1

I'm joining a weekly head-to-head mixed rotisserie league of 10 teams that has a minimum innings pitched threshold that you must meet each week. This league has traditionally set the limit at only 7 IP per week, which is absurd because it completely devalues starting pitching and essentially allows you to win 3 of the 5 pitching categories each week using only closers/middle relievers. I've convinced the commish to raise the limit, but we are trying to figure out where to set it. I'm thinking that around 30 IP per week in a 10-team league sounds reasonable.

You guys have any recommendations on minimum innings pitched limits that have worked for you in the past? Thanks!

How many pitchers do you start?

There are two SP, two RP, and three utility pitcher spots.
I'm thinking 22. 6 IP out of each of the SP and 2 IP out of the other 5. If you want the util pitcher to be an SP, make it an SP, otherwise you can't force someone to use an SP there by creating a higher IP limit.

I should have specified this earlier, but you can make daily lineup changes in this league, so your pitchers aren't locked in to those positions for the week. So, I don't think the number of pitching slots is overly determinative of what the minimum innings pitched limit should be.

My thoughts are that you should probably be forced to have around 5 SP starts per week with some bullpen innings thrown in, which would conservatively put you right around 30 innings.

I should have specified this earlier, but you can make daily lineup changes in this league, so your pitchers aren't locked in to those positions for the week. So, I don't think the number of pitching slots is overly determinative of what the minimum innings pitched limit should be. My thoughts are that you should probably be forced to have around 5 SP starts per week with some bullpen innings thrown in, which would conservatively put you right around 30 innings.

Ah, gotcha. I was thinking weekly moves. 30 sounds good for a daily moves league.

Archived