What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (6 Viewers)

At some point he becomes the stuff of gossip pages and no longer SP worthy discussion, but one thing to point out is he doesn't look like he's had any serious NFL conditioning for a while now.
I agree.  Manziel is a younger Charlie Sheen at this point. This should be in the FFA, not on the football page.

Im curious as to how he is partying like a rock star on a $7M contract.....after agent cut, taxes and fees he probably cleared $3M tops....unless he received some crazy endorsements he should be broke soon with a documentary on him coming out within 2 yrs.  

Im curious as to how he is partying like a rock star on a $7M contract.....after agent cut, taxes and fees he probably cleared $3M tops....unless he received some crazy endorsements he should be broke soon with a documentary on him coming out within 2 yrs.  
Same way he's been partying like a rock star since he was 19.  Daddy's money

That snickers money baby!

Nah...he has mad Jam Boogie money. 

This either ends one of two ways IMO. He's either going to die or end up on an NFL roster. History has shown us over and over again that there is always some NFL team willing to claim a player of the trash heap and take a chance. So, as long as he doesn't run himself off the cliff one fool team will see him low risk (i.e. cheap contract) with upside.

This either ends one of two ways IMO. He's either going to die or end up on an NFL roster. History has shown us over and over again that there is always some NFL team willing to claim a player of the trash heap and take a chance. So, as long as he doesn't run himself off the cliff one fool team will see him low risk (i.e. cheap contract) with upside.
I still wouldn't rule out Jerry Jones. He loves a media circus. Anything to get the Cowboys on the news. And he has shown time and time again that he puts zero weight in a player's character.

Yes it does....he's done. No one is going to give him another chance in the NFL, not even Jerry Jones.
Jones loved him coming out of school. And Jerry doesn't care how much coke a guy does.  I'm not saying it's a probability, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Cowboys brought him in for training camp.

Indicted, expected to be announced in the morning.

This stuff with the altercation still doesn't make sense to me- doesn't "add up." My guess is the cops felt the same and that's why rather than arrest Manziel they went to DA for assistance and consequential grand jury. I mean since when do cops NOT arrest someone that beat up a woman?

I'm still stuck on-but the cops did not notice any discomfort or anything noticeable when interviewing you and you had a ruptured ear drum? You can't hide that, it's very painful. Your balance is probably off too. 

Why'd he drive so far away? to "run"? That looks guilty.

Video mentioned within the video here http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15318035/johnny-manziel-indicted-dallas-county-grand-jury-misdemeanor-assault-charge Manziel's lawyer is quoted saying there is a parking lot security tape that shows the girl striking him, not Manziel striking the girl.

If ever it looked like two people were lying...

I hope they get some old-fashioned Texas judge and televise it. Throw em' both in jail for a night for obstruction or contempt and see what the story is after that

Who's the bigger bust? Him or Jermarcus Russell? 
Russell. He was picked #1 overall. Most teams passed on Manziel. They know his game was a college one. They also knew he about his character. 90% of the teams (and a huge percentage of fans), knew he'd fail in the NFL. 

Russell. He was picked #1 overall. Most teams passed on Manziel. They know his game was a college one. They also knew he about his character. 90% of the teams (and a huge percentage of fans), knew he'd fail in the NFL. 

I think you're exaggerating a bit about how many people thought he would fail.  A good amount of people thought he'd be drafted higher.  Was just watching some of the replay of the 2014 NFL draft on NFL Network and Kurt Warner said he was surprised that the Jaguars took Bortles over Manziel.

I feel really bad for Jaylon Smith. And Miles Jack. And all the hard working guys whose dream ends every year and their football careers are over. But I just can't muster up any sympathy for Manziel. Born rich. Entitled. Talented and not willing to put work in. Beating women and dragging people down with him. 

Former NFL QB Johnny Manziel was kicked out of a Vegas nightclub on Friday night after he allegedly "hauled off and punched a guy."
Standing in a VIP booth at Jewel Nightclub, Manziel allegedly "got pushed" when club goers began pushing and shoving after rapper Drake showed up for a surprise performance. Manziel proceeded to "slug" a fellow club goer and was kicked out by security. TMZ also recently released photos of Manziel without his shirt in which he appears emaciated with tattoos all over his body.

Source: TMZ.com 
May 22 - 3:38 PM

the world, especially the sports world need to stop giving this guy attention.  He punched somebody that pushed him... who cares!  He's a train wreck and in the end people secretly can't get enough.  As soon as his name his mentioned or read in the paper people just have to know what he did now instead of just moving along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread