What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (3 Viewers)

Better question is ..who brings their mixed drink into a public bathroom? Hasn't he heard of the VIP section why hang out in the men's room?

I can think of several things Johnny might have

done with a rolled up bill besides snorting coke, lots of people jumping to conclusions.
Lets hear it
He could be getting ready to do a line of meth

He could be getting ready to do a line of ecstasy

He could be getting ready to do a line of a really

cool designer drug that only famous people have access to

I could go on but you get the point

done with a rolled up bill besides snorting coke, lots of people jumping to conclusions.
Lets hear it

Actually I don't.

Lets hear it

:lmao:

Well played, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lets hear it
He could be getting ready to do a line of methHe could be getting ready to do a line of ecstasy

:lmao:

Well played, sir.
my vote is designer drug, cause he's pretty famous at the moment.

The media hating on Manziel yet again by releasing information on other QBs working voluntarily but withholding all of Manziel's workouts with his team mates.

CIN - QB Andy Dalton hosts workout with receivers

Source: Bengals.com - Geoff Hobson

Cincinnati Bengals QB Andy Dalton invited WR A.J. Green, WR Marvin Jones, WR Mohamed Sanu, WR Brandon Tate, WR Ryan Whalen and WR Cobi Hamilton to Dallas for a throwing session Monday, July 7. 'It's just a chance to work on the little things before we get it going again,' Dalton said. 'Working on the routes, doing some of the things that need to get better.'

I gotta admit, I was loving Jonny as a late 2nd round pick as I was on board with him being a good "FF" QB... I don't care if he falls on his face as long as he gets me pts which I felt he could do. I figured he was going to live it up being a 1st round pick but this is getting out of control, training camp starts very soon and as far I can tell he hasn't trained at all for it. Hes not being Josh Gordon stupid but hes not acting like a leader either and hes not taking his opp in the NFL seriously. Hes going to get his ### kicked and maybe it'll wake him up but I'm pretty down on him.

Lets hear it

Actually I don't.
You can lead the horse to water... :rolleyes:

The media hating on Manziel yet again by releasing information on other QBs working voluntarily but withholding all of Manziel's workouts with his team mates.

Cincinnati Bengals QB Andy Dalton invited WR A.J. Green, WR Marvin Jones, WR Mohamed Sanu, WR Brandon Tate, WR Ryan Whalen and WR Cobi Hamilton to Dallas for a throwing session Monday, July 7. 'It's just a chance to work on the little things before we get it going again,' Dalton said. 'Working on the routes, doing some of the things that need to get better.'
has he been training at all? You think his people would publish it and get some good press on him.

has he been training at all? You think his people would publish it and get some good press on him.
His PR people are failing big-time. Unless of course this is what he wants his image to be.

His PR people are failing big-time. Unless of course this is what he wants his image to be.
This is what I'm thinking. The brand is a modern day Namath maybe.

The kid may just be brash enough to pattern his image after Broadway Joe, but his people better know that if he plays like Namath he will be watching a lot of games from the sideline. I doubt he or his representation have this in mind though; he just looks a bit lost and out of control.

mr roboto said:

He's not Namath.

"When I decided to go pro, I put my college years in the past, [partying] won't be a hard thing not to do."

- Johny Manziel

Lets hear it

Actually I don't.
You can lead the horse to water... :rolleyes:
But you can't make him think.

Rotoworld:

Johnny Manziel - QB - Browns

In a radio interview, Browns WR Andrew Hawkins said Johnny Manziel is "all business" on the football field.

"I can't speak for all the other stuff because all I know is the Johnny I see in his playbook all day, trying to learn the plays and pick up an NFL offense," said Hawkins. "He worked his butt off, and I think that is all you can ask of him." Manziel has faced criticism all offseason about his off-field activities, but all will be forgotten if he performs on the football field come September.

Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio

Jul 12 - 1:11 PM

Neofight said:
matuski said:
Tool said:
matuski said:
Manziel goes to Cleveland, Lebron follows.. coincidence?
Yes.
People just want to be around this guy. Swag.
BigBottom needs to do a Johnny 8-ball parody.Perhaps set it to "Jungle Fever" by Stevie Wonder: "I've gone frat-boy crazy, she's gone 8-ball hazy, swan dive don't be lazy...

We're in love!..."
New kid in town
Got fancy clothes
Old T-Bird car, baby
You can tell he knows
He said, “Where is all the action in this town?”
Start workin’ on the women
Comes on real slick
Heard enough about sin, girl
Gonna make it stick

Hey! What makes him so special anyhow?

She said, “So good lookin’, that’s a fact
Steel guitars run across his back”

The girls all know he’s Way Cool Johnny.

Check him out on his
Good side

Heard he came from Texas
Somewhere down south
Started hangin’ with the blues crowd
That’s how he got that crazy sound
What is all this talking going ’round?
She said, “So good lookin’, turns me on
Out all night, keeps me up ’til dawn”

Girls all know he’s Way Cool Johnny.

Y’know ya can’t have fire
Without the flame

Can’t keep the fortune without the pain

That’s how he makes it when he’s on his own

Waaaaaay Cool Johnny.
Ya don’t live it up or never live it down
Waaaaaaay Cool Johnny.​
He’s the hottest thing to ever hit this town
Go Manziel go

"It makes Cleveland (like) LA," ESPN sports business reporter Darren Rovell said. "You can imagine some November weekend when someone is going to fly in from Los Angeles to see a LeBron game and Johnny play.

"It's like they should have special charter flights for LeBron and Johnny. It adds to the potential of Cleveland that this city didn't have when LeBron was just there by himself the last time. Cleveland becomes a sports attraction on a level that people do actually fly in to see Johnny and LeBron."

But a quick scan of LeBron's official website – yes, it's working again – shows multiple pictures of Manziel and his merchandise. The two met at a Miami Heat basketball game more than a year ago and struck up an instant bond.
Link

"It makes Cleveland (like) LA," ESPN sports business reporter Darren Rovell said. "You can imagine some November weekend when someone is going to fly in from Los Angeles to see a LeBron game and Johnny play.

"It's like they should have special charter flights for LeBron and Johnny. It adds to the potential of Cleveland that this city didn't have when LeBron was just there by himself the last time. Cleveland becomes a sports attraction on a level that people do actually fly in to see Johnny and LeBron."

But a quick scan of LeBron's official website – yes, it's working again – shows multiple pictures of Manziel and his merchandise. The two met at a Miami Heat basketball game more than a year ago and struck up an instant bond.
Link
Hmnnnn.

I never would have thought of something like that because just seeing a famous player play in a game has some interest but seeing a famous player perform in a classic contest or make a classic play would be something special.

A guy like LeBron has much-MUCH more cachet than Johnny Manziel because he has more pelts on the wall and in a game like basketball where he is on the court for most of the game playing both offense and defense where he composes more than 1/11 of the players on his team and where you can see him more as individual who isn't covered up with pads and a helmet, well obviously seeing him playing in his prime would be something that I can see many people actually making an effort and paying a price to flyout and rent a hotel, go out to eat, maybe catch the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, etc. Yeah, that actually would be cool especially if you caught him on a big night or in a classic game.

Johnny Manziel is a different animal in the people making a special trip just to see him for all of the reasons above, where the only thing working in his favor would be he only plays 8 regular season home games per year, if he eventually winds up being the starting QB. Also I think the primary draw for JFF are the highlight Sports Center plays that he makes where someone would want to be at the game to see that in person. That would bring bragging rights to claim YOU WERE THERE WHEN JFF ....

Right now, JFF isn't anything but if he eventually gets named the starter than OK, I can see where someone might see an opportunity to catch both in one weekend.

I just never thought of that angle but I have to confess that it makes sense if Manziel eventually is named the starter and the Cavs/Browns have a weekend where the opportunity was to see them both live.

People in Clev seem overly desperate to make JFF a star but the only thing that will do that is his play.
You're off your rocker. :crazy:

The people of Cleveland don't want Johnny Football to be a star, they want him to be a franchise NFL QB. He's already a star and most Browns don't care or are already tired of the circus.

If he becomes a legit franchise NFL QB then Browns fans will care.

It looks like you are jealous of Johnny's star status and that's all on you.

People in Clev seem overly desperate to make JFF a star but the only thing that will do that is his play.
You're off your rocker. :crazy: The people of Cleveland don't want Johnny Football to be a star, they want him to be a franchise NFL QB. He's already a star and most Browns don't care or are already tired of the circus.

How can I be jealous of his star status when I don't even think it exists? You pretending it exists and bothers people kind of solidifies the point.

Like I said in the first post you quoted... He will only be a star if he works out on the field IMO.

You're off your rocker. :crazy: The people of Cleveland don't want Johnny Football to be a star, they want him to be a franchise NFL QB. He's already a star and most Browns don't care or are already tired of the circus.

How can I be jealous of his star status when I don't even think it exists?Like I said in the first post you quoted... He will on be a star if he works out on the field IMO.
You think Browns fans are desperate to have Johnny Football turn into a star?

No. He is a star based on the media circus that follows him.

Browns fans don't care about the circus but the article is spot-on because some people are enomoured with star status even if its unjustfied.

By and large the Browns fan base doesn't give a rip about JFFs star status but they recognize that some do fawn over celebrities.

An article that pointed out one marketing aspect of that could have appeal to those people who haven't any reservations about wanting to see King James and JFF on the same weekend. Why would you care to comment on that? Oh unless you're jealous that Johnny is banging Playboy Bunnies like an old screen door. He is and you ain't and Browns fans couldn't care a less.

Most Browns fans don't care about his celebrity status, um you know the celebrity status that you are soo desperate to say doesn't exist but obviously does.

How can I be jealous of his star status when I don't even think it exists?Like I said in the first post you quoted... He will on be a star if he works out on the field IMO.
You think Browns fans are desperate to have Johnny Football turn into a star?No. He is a star based on the media circus that follows him.

Browns fans don't care about the circus but the article is spot-on because some people are enomoured with star status even if its unjustfied.

By and large the Browns fan base doesn't give a rip about JFFs star status but they recognize that some do fawn over celebrities.

An article that pointed out one marketing aspect of that could have appeal to those people who haven't any reservations about wanting to see King James and JFF on the same weekend. Why would you care to comment on that? Oh unless you're jealous that Johnny is banging Playboy Bunnies like an old screen door. He is and you ain't and Browns fans couldn't care a less.

Most Browns fans don't care about his celebrity status, um you know the celebrity status that you are soo desperate to say doesn't exist but obviously does.
So you follow it up with another post tying to convince me he's already a star? Ok. I'll believe it when I see it on the field.

this is the exact opposite of how people around here feel about him.
Perhaps most fans do feel this way. Unfortunately we don't really hear their voice.
medianeeds something to talk about during this dead period. If the LeBron stuff doesn't happen we are beyond maximum overload at this point. Could argue we are anyway.

Do you think JFF is going to help sell tickets this year? Do you think this media circus helps or hurts that?

So you follow it up with another post tying to convince me he's already a star? Ok. I'll believe it when I see it on the field.
Denial much?

Because you say Johnny Manziel isn't a celeberity he isn't? Argue with TMZ the NFL Network ESPn and those who buy ink by the barrelful because they don't agree.

You got mad and took shots at entire fan bases when its obvious to all that you are jealous of the attention being paid to one of their players.

We didn't create Johnny Football. We didn't create his celebrity.

Denial much? Because you say Johnny Manziel isn't a celeberity he isn't? Argue with TMZ the NFL Network ESPn and those who buy ink by the barrelful because they don't agree.

You got mad and took shots at entire fan bases when its obvious to all that you are jealous of the attention being paid to one of their players.

We didn't create Johnny Football. We didn't create his celebrity.
Now I'm mad? Umm OK. The only person mad seems to be you because I don't buy into the "celebrity" you're trying to convince me of... Which was kind of the point all along.

Users who are viewing this thread