What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Johnny Manziel Thread (10 Viewers)

I love how far under people's skin this kid gets by doing such awful things as partying in the off season, showing up on time OR a bit early, and rubbing his fingers together.

HE WENT TO A CAVS GAME ON A TUESDAY NIGHT!?!? He will never be ready for Sunday!

I hope my kids don't grow up and make these awful transgressions against all that is decent in this world.
***Official Johnny Football Bandwagon card carrying members (INVITE ONLY)***

Steadymobbin

Peyton Marino

Matuski
:(
we're gonna need to see a bit more from you before we make a decision. remember this?

"At that point I felt like I had let my whole team down and I wanted to go do something," said Hoyer. "I didn't know what it was going to be. But we made enough plays to win and it's a crazy game."

Hoyer drove the Browns down the field in 44 seconds to set up the game-winning field goal. Hoyer completed four of six attempts (including a spike) for 61 yards on the drive.

"You can have the worst day of your life and finish it off and win,'' he said. "But I'm just so disappointed in myself because that's not how I play. I don't throw dumb interceptions. It really pisses me off that that's what happened."
THAT is what I wanna hear from my QB

F it man, my love for Hoyer just went thru the roof.

I love how far under people's skin this kid gets by doing such awful things as partying in the off season, showing up on time OR a bit early, and rubbing his fingers together.

HE WENT TO A CAVS GAME ON A TUESDAY NIGHT!?!? He will never be ready for Sunday!

I hope my kids don't grow up and make these awful transgressions against all that is decent in this world.

Steadymobbin

Peyton Marino

Matuski
I want in.....show me the money!
IN

Can we get a money sign smiley/ emoji already?

Steadymobbin

Peyton Marino

Matuski
we're gonna need to see a bit more from you before we make a decision. remember this?
I remember. I have also been on the Manziel train now for 2 weeks. Hoyer bamboozled me nearly as hard as CPat.

I admitted I wasnt a fan of the Manziel pick, but I was ALWAYS a huge fan of his desire to be a champ. Hoyer showed he doesnt have that

Steadymobbin

Peyton Marino

Matuski
Yeah, you guys own the rights....

Yesterday on ESPN Cleveland radio the whole Johnny Manziel Brian Hoyer debate was the hot topic.

Former NFL player Jerroud Cherry who played with Tom Brady and still has connections to the Patriots said that on the day that Johnny Manziel got to the stadium two minutes before deadline of 11:00 AM that his buddy told him that Tom Brady was already at the Patriots stadium when he got there for his early morning show at 6:30 AM.

The other host said that Russell Wilson was at the stadium at 5:00 AM for the Seahawks.

They have said the Browns are not happy with the way Johnny has been conducting himself off the field. They said Browns head coach Mike Pettine sat RB Terrance West for his off field behavior and they cut RB Ben Tate for the same reason and that the 8th pick of the first round pick CB Justin Gilbert isn't playing for the same reason and that WR Josh Gordon was sat on plays because he hasn't put in the work and doesn't know his assignments.

Who wants in on some sort of BS money sign fan wagon, why? If Johnny grows up and starts putting in the work and it shows on the field then he will earn respect. Who respects fly by night wishy-washy flip-floppity band wagons? Apparently those who think this is the only way Johnny will get any sort of respect even if its only one week. I have higher hopes for the kid so he's got to earn my respect.

Yesterday on ESPN Cleveland radio the whole Johnny Manziel Brian Hoyer debate was the hot topic.

Former NFL player Jerroud Cherry who played with Tom Brady and still has connections to the Patriots said that on the day that Johnny Manziel got to the stadium two minutes before deadline of 11:00 AM that his buddy told him that Tom Brady was already at the Patriots stadium when he got there for his early morning show at 6:30 AM.

The other host said that Russell Wilson was at the stadium at 5:00 AM for the Seahawks.

They have said the Browns are not happy with the way Johnny has been conducting himself off the field. They said Browns head coach Mike Pettine sat RB Terrance West for his off field behavior and they cut RB Ben Tate for the same reason and that the 8th pick of the first round pick CB Justin Gilbert isn't playing for the same reason and that WR Josh Gordon was sat on plays because he hasn't put in the work and doesn't know his assignments.

Who wants in on some sort of BS money sign fan wagon, why? If Johnny grows up and starts putting in the work and it shows on the field then he will earn respect. Who respects fly by night wishy-washy flip-floppity band wagons? Apparently those who think this is the only way Johnny will get any sort of respect even if its only one week. I have higher hopes for the kid so he's got to earn my respect.
:Banned for life:*

* being completely insane disqualifies you from obtaining a card.

Soulfly3 said:
Peyton Marino said:
Soulfly3 said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
matuski said:

***Official Johnny Football Bandwagon card carrying members (INVITE ONLY)***Steadymobbin

Peyton Marino

Matuski
I remember.[ b] I have also been on the Manziel train now for 2 weeks. Hoyer bamboozled me nearly as hard as CPat.

I admitted I wasnt a fan of the Manziel pick, but I was ALWAYS a huge fan of his desire to be a champ. Hoyer showed he doesnt have that
Pfffft.... Access denied.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
matuski said:

***Official Johnny Football Bandwagon card carrying members (INVITE ONLY)***Steadymobbin

Peyton Marino

Matuski
We have been on board pre draft. This bandwagon simply can't and won't support detractors and flip floppers. I'm not saying you're either, but we do background checks on all JF posts both past and future.

Would you like to submit an application and agree to a background check?

I don't even pay the haters no mind to be honest.

Just for this week though, and I hope Moobin will agree with me here, I'm gonna open up the club for amnesiac (and only amnesiac) to join. The invite is only open until 1PM Sunday. Once that game kicks off and Johnny starts owning fools, you can't get in. Ever. Again. So you better get in now bro. I'll be anxiously awaiting your response 'neezy.

Just for this week though, and I hope Moobin will agree with me here, I'm gonna open up the club for amnesiac (and only amnesiac) to join. The invite is only open until 1PM Sunday. Once that game kicks off and Johnny starts owning fools, you can't get in. Ever. Again. So you better get in now bro. I'll be anxiously awaiting your response 'neezy.
Agreed. See the ***Official*** thread.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
matuski said:

Peyton Marino

Matuski
We have been on board pre draft. This bandwagon simply can't and won't support detractors and flip floppers. I'm not saying you're either, but we do background checks on all JF posts both past and future.

Would you like to submit an application and agree to a background check?
I'm just going to say that this a Photoshopped avatar (pic from A&M) that I started using before the draft. Also, when the pick was announced on Cleveland radio, I posted "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the Browns thread.

Now, unlike some members of the club, I didn't want Johnny rushed in and did want Hoyer to start the year. Much like Gary Danielson started most of the 1985 season while Bernie Kosar waited. There was never any question in either case who was eventually going to be the man.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
matuski said:

Peyton Marino

Matuski
We have been on board pre draft. This bandwagon simply can't and won't support detractors and flip floppers. I'm not saying you're either, but we do background checks on all JF posts both past and future.Would you like to submit an application and agree to a background check?
I'm just going to say that this a Photoshopped avatar (pic from A&M) that I started using before the draft. Also, when the pick was announced on Cleveland radio, I posted "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the Browns thread.Now, unlike some members of the club, I didn't want Johnny rushed in and did want Hoyer to start the year. Much like Gary Danielson started most of the 1985 season while Bernie Kosar waited. There was never any question in either case who was eventually going to be the man.
I have seen enough. Despite your allegiance to the Cleveland Browns and not the true and eventual home of Johnny football, the Dallas Cowboys, you're good brother, you're in!

Last edited by a moderator:

:Banned for life:*

* being completely insane disqualifies you from obtaining a card.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxpAi813HJg

D-Bags United For Johnny Manziel

Rotoworld take:

Johnny Manziel will start Sunday's Week 15 game against the Bengals.

The Browns didn't have a real choice. Brian Hoyer was 1-3 over the last four games, posting a 1:8 TD-to-INT ratio while leading the playoff-starved Browns to one touchdown on their last 29 drives. Manziel projects to give the team a spark with both his superior play-making ability and increased zip on the football. When he came on in relief of an ineffective Hoyer Week 13, he led an 80-yard touchdown drive that was capped by a Manziel 10-yard rushing touchdown. On 130 preseason snaps (roughly two games), he rushed 12 times for 88 yards with another score. With this running ability, a healthy Jordan Cameron and an active Josh Gordon, Manziel's statistical floor is high. He'll be a top-14 QB option with upside against the Bengals.

Related: Brian Hoyer

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Dec 9 - 12:41 PM

:Banned for life:** being completely insane disqualifies you from obtaining a card.
dammit i was just coming in here to post that. a little light hearted humor from our man Mike Polk.

i truly appreciate the gesture. i anticipate we will see some flashes from Manziel, but overall i am still not optimistic about his long term prospects.

again, as a Browns fan, i hope i am wrong and Manziel wins the Browns multiple Super Bowls, and i will gladly eat crow.

peace.

When did their backups show up?

Can we get someone posted at each stadium to let us know when every QB in the league shows up?

I'm not sure how this is relevant, but if we are going to keep tabs on it we may as well do this right. :stalker:

Can we get someone posted at each stadium to let us know when every QB in the league shows up?

I'm not sure how this is relevant, but if we are going to keep tabs on it we may as well do this right. :stalker:
Apparently, It's only relevant for Johnny Manziel.

Positives of owning Johnny Manziel.

#1. Every other story on ESPN and NFL Network will be about your guy.

i truly appreciate the gesture. i anticipate we will see some flashes from Manziel, but overall i am still not optimistic about his long term prospects.

again, as a Browns fan, i hope i am wrong and Manziel wins the Browns multiple Super Bowls, and i will gladly eat crow.

peace.
OUT

2 throwing TDs, 1 rushing TD and the Browns slap the Bengals once again.

Playoff race gets WILD after this weekend.

You want your 1st round pick QB who should be the future of the franchise acting like a backup?

You want your 1st round pick QB who should be the future of the franchise acting like a backup?
Don't you think this is too much witch hunt?

Absolutely. But I think some legitimate gripes get lost among the nitpicking and the hating. You want your QB to be the arrive early and leave late type, always.

Absolutely. But I think some legitimate gripes get lost among the nitpicking and the hating. You want your QB to be the arrive early and leave late type, always.
Your peers are at the game 5-6 hours before you. Let that sink in a little.

You're arguing with the wrong guy, I agree.

Who cares?
You don't think the guys who arrive early are putting in work that could make the difference during the game?

Who cares?
You don't think the guys who arrive early are putting in work that could make the difference during the game?
If it's Kaep I'd hate to see how bad he is if he showed up later.

Who cares?
Honestly, not really. Could you tell me something specific which would help his performance?

Who cares?
Honestly, not really. Could you tell me something specific which would help his performance?
You don't think five extra hours of tape study would help? That's a lot of time. Add that up over an entire season of throwing away 4-5 hours every game day, that's a lot of time.

I have no idea what these guys are doing at 5am on gameday at the stadium, I'm just speculating. I'm sure the injured guys are getting treatment, I'm sure some guys just need to go through their game day routine and get their head right. But there's no doubt that some are watching hours and hours of tape, last minute.

There is clearly no downside to being an arrive early type of player, so anyone arguing otherwise is just making excuses for why their guy isn't one.

So why go home at all? Why sleep? Why not just devote 24 hours a day to getting better?

These guys already put in an insane amount of time. There's this concept known as diminishing returns. It applies here, especially when he was serving as the backup. Some of you should familiarize yourselves with it.

Tom Brady could show up at 12:45, and everyone would make an excuse for him. Really, he could show up whenever he wants to. And he still is there at that hour. What is he doing? I dunno, but I bet HE thinks it makes him better that day.

Manziel acts a bit like he thinks he should be handed the job, instead of going the extra mile to take the job. We shall see. It might be nothing. His college magic might translate perfectly to the pros.

By the way, it doesn't have to be an either/or thing. You don't have to be either a Manziel fanboy or a hater. And if someone IS a hater, it doesn't mean every single concern they voice isn't valid, just because they have established they don't believe in him.

Frankly, I am concerned that I'm not hearing about Manziel being a gym rat/tape junkie because he probably will need to. He has physical deficiencies that he needs to overcome.

So why go home at all? Why sleep? Why not just devote 24 hours a day to getting better?

These guys already put in an insane amount of time. There's this concept known as diminishing returns. It applies here, especially when he was serving as the backup. Some of you should familiarize yourselves with it.
The best players at the QB position don't subscribe to your newsletter, apparently. Because they, for the most part, are the ones showing up 6-7 hours before game time every week and putting in work.

A rookie who should be trying to prove himself and earn the starting job should be emulating these guys, and that's the point.

The best players at the QB position don't subscribe to your newsletter, apparently. Because they, for the most part, are the ones showing up 6-7 hours before game time every week and putting in work.A rookie who should be trying to prove himself and earn the starting job should be emulating these guys, and that's the point.
Perfectly stated. And I was agreeing with you earlier :thumbup:

That's what makes Johnny , Johnny. He's the rebel. He's Paul Crewe, Cool Hand Luke. That's exactly what we like about him.

It's sink or swim and call the chips are on the table. My money is on the kid.

The best players at the QB position don't subscribe to your newsletter, apparently. Because they, for the most part, are the ones showing up 6-7 hours before game time every week and putting in work.

A rookie who should be trying to prove himself and earn the starting job should be emulating these guys, and that's the point.
Players prove themselves on the field during games, not 7 hours before in the locker room.

A witch! A witch! A witch! We found a witch!

Players prove themselves on the field during games, not 7 hours before in the locker room.
I have a feeling Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning would all tell you that the tape they study and the work they put in before the game starts is more important to their success than their natural abilities on the field, because it is what enables them to perform the way they do.

I have a feeling Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning would all tell you that the tape they study and the work they put in before the game starts is more important to their success than their natural abilities on the field, because it is what enables them to perform the way they do.
I don't see how can you infer that Johnny doesn't put in the time based on this little incident.

Worry more about his lack of size, speed, or arm than what he did until 11:00am last Sunday morning.

I don't see how can you infer that Johnny doesn't put in the time based on this little incident.

Worry more about his lack of size, speed, or arm than what he did until 11:00am last Sunday morning.
You're right, but if this is a consistent thing with him, I would take it as a red flag.

It's both. Should it be different is another question but it's both.

You're right, but if this is a consistent thing with him, I would take it as a red flag.
This confuses me.. all comments regarding his work ethic from the coaching staff have been positive.

What exactly is a red flag?

Users who are viewing this thread