What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (7 Viewers)

15 ####### years of this #### bull pen and I am sick of it. Bring Jimenez up. You owe to the fans after you blew it not getting Miller 3 years ago.

What's the use in having such great young arms if you can't finish a game. Good god. Can't believe I'm going to have to see KRod throw 85 all year again. What's next? Todd ####### Jones.

There was no reason to bring Krod in when ? is such a horrible RH hitter.  Rondon should have been pulled as soon as it was realized he couldn't locate his fastball. 

Nice gritty win, glad everyone stayed calm. :mellow:  

The win doesn't change what looks to be a bad bullpen again. Not much they can do right now, I suppose... but it's still ####ty they have $13 mil wrapped up in guys gone and another good hunk wrapped up in Anibal who got torched again this week.

The win doesn't change what looks to be a bad bullpen again. Not much they can do right now, I suppose... but it's still ####ty they have $13 mil wrapped up in guys gone and another good hunk wrapped up in Anibal who got torched again this week.
Debbie Downer called, she wants her shtick back.

Three games into the season, relax. 

Nine straight opening day home wins, a franchise record.  :thumbup:

J-Up with a nice defensive play.  Thought they should have gotten out of the inning on the play before but Jones apparently doesn't have a cannon arm which could have doubled the runner off. 

Gotta love what the bottom of the order has done so far these season.  5 HRs and quite a few doubles too.   Have accounted for most of their runs. 

What a #### show by the bullpen again today. 
Shane Green was all over the place but did strike out two, the second one was a gift from the ump though.  Kyle Ryan wasn't much better.  But Wilson looked strong.   Not great overall from the pen, but no runs in three innings.  I am cautiously optimistic the backend of the pen will be fine.  The defense saved some runs today, and I really liked that.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Shane Green was all over the place but did strike out two, the second one was a gift from the ump though.  Kyle Ryan wasn't much better.  But Wilson looked strong.   Not great overall from the pen, but no runs in three innings.  I am cautiously optimistic the backend of the pen will be fine.  The defense saved some runs today, and I really liked that.  
When Wilson touched 96 on the gun I got a text from my daughter "#WilsonForCloser" before I could even text back, he hit 97.  I don't recall him hitting 97 at all last season.  She might be on to something.  

Iglesias is the king of the slow rolling grounder to first.  If he hits .250 and eliminates the mental errors on the bases and in the field, I'm fine with what he brings.  But damn he seems to come up empty in key situations and the mental errors makes him hard to root for. 

Miggy off to a slow start, Big Nick is squaring up everything even when he's making outs.  He has two more arbitration years left, sure would be nice if they gave him a five year contract now. 

Norris' mechanics are a bit sloppy.  I think this not only leads him to not be a very good pitcher, but also lends to his injury issues.  His release point changes, he wildly flies off the mound sometimes, and he's missing his target.  Once he finds repeatable mechanics he's going to be really good. 

Three walks, an error, and two singles.  Also Kinsler not touching the bag in the 7th cost a run too, so it's FREE RUNS FOR THE RED SOX DAY AT COMERICA!!!!

Like I said previously, they know it's a problem they need to address it now and not let it linger into the middle of summer. These guys aren't going to wake up and magically become Arlodis Chapman.

Like I said previously, they know it's a problem they need to address it now and not let it linger into the middle of summer. These guys aren't going to wake up and magically become Arlodis Chapman.
There were a ton of relievers they could have brought in:

Rodney, Benoit, Storen, Salas, Romo, Joe Smith, etc.  Those guys were all under $3 million.

Tazawa signed a 2/$12MM with Miami, he'd have been a great guy to use in the 8th.  Hudson was $11MM same. 

I think all they need is one more arm to be the primary set-up guy.  Rondon pitched like he was the guy at the end of last year, but he couldn't locate the fastball the other day and I think the same thing happened today.  Justin Wilson has evil stuff, Alex Wilson is consistent, Ryan is what he is and not sure about Shane Green.  A flyball prone reliever like Romo would have been nice. 

Users who are viewing this thread