What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (12 Viewers)

In as much as I have no power over the rules here, I would offer to the group at large that we use the gentlemen code of honor here and use spoiler tags for at least 2 or 3 weeks.

Or, if we can't help ourselves, then Endgame needs it's own thread with the title showing clearly that there are spoilers and open at your own risk.  This isn't a typical movie topic at this point.  We are a decade into a continuing story and unlike GRRM, the writers actually finished this.  We can be super cool with each other.

If I was in charge.
Agreed.  Even though I don't know what GRRM is.

In as much as I have no power over the rules here, I would offer to the group at large that we use the gentlemen code of honor here and use spoiler tags for at least 2 or 3 weeks.

Or, if we can't help ourselves, then Endgame needs it's own thread with the title showing clearly that there are spoilers and open at your own risk.  This isn't a typical movie topic at this point.  We are a decade into a continuing story and unlike GRRM, the writers actually finished this.  We can be super cool with each other.

If I was in charge.
IIRC there are usually single threads for individual movies and this was for the overall university :shrug:

IIRC there are usually single threads for individual movies and this was for the overall university :shrug:
I like this.  The new thread would be for the specific movie (Endgame, obviously) and could be filled with spoilers.  Then this one could have general talk about the movie.  

So for these movies, me and the fam usually go on like a Tuesday night because it's not as crowded.  But since it's over 3 hours long, even an early showing gets us home way past our elderly bed times.

Going tomorrow at 8 PM.  Won't have to worry about spoilers. Got our tickets the first hour they went on sale. Whole bunch of us going should be fun. Nothing to drink at least 2 hours before show time. No need to make a bathroom run.

Hawks64 said:
None. Apparently there is some audio at the very end though, but no video.
I knew I'd be disappointed about something Saturday.

Statorama said:
:lmao:   A guy that saw an early showing assured me that Captain Marvel won't make me angry in Endgame
We don't like you when you're angry

So, I'm walking through a restaurant at lunch today.  A kid (probably 16 - 18) runs in and yells "..." a spoiler that makes a ton of sense and I think it is too clever for him to just make up.  Made it to the last day without hearing anything, I wanted to go punch that kid in the throat.  May not be right, but I think it is too good.  Luckily that is the only thing he got out but it is probably the main point.

Anyway, happy watching to all.

So, I'm walking through a restaurant at lunch today.  A kid (probably 16 - 18) runs in and yells "..." a spoiler that makes a ton of sense and I think it is too clever for him to just make up.  Made it to the last day without hearing anything, I wanted to go punch that kid in the throat.  May not be right, but I think it is too good.  Luckily that is the only thing he got out but it is probably the main point.

Anyway, happy watching to all.
I remember avoiding all news and internet leading up to The Force Awakens.  Was so proud of myself for not hearing any spoilers.  As we purchased our tickets in front of the movie theater, two guys walked out and one said, "I can't believe Kylo Ren was Han Solo's kid!"  And the other said, "I can't believe they killed Han Solo!"  I seriously wanted to sucker punch their dead grandmothers.  

As soon as they went on sale a few weeks ago, I bought 4 tickets for me and my three kids for a 6pm show tonight. Last night as I’m driving my 14 year old daughter to soccer, she says “I found out today I have a jazz band concert tomorrow night at 7:30”

Her mom is taking her to band tonight while me and the boys see the show.

Whatever it takes.

As soon as they went on sale a few weeks ago, I bought 4 tickets for me and my three kids for a 6pm show tonight. Last night as I’m driving my 14 year old daughter to soccer, she says “I found out today I have a jazz band concert tomorrow night at 7:30”

Her mom is taking her to band tonight while me and the boys see the show.

Whatever it takes.
You are a true avenger

I remember avoiding all news and internet leading up to The Force Awakens.  Was so proud of myself for not hearing any spoilers.  As we purchased our tickets in front of the movie theater, two guys walked out and one said, "I can't believe Kylo Ren was Han Solo's kid!"  And the other said, "I can't believe they killed Han Solo!"  I seriously wanted to sucker punch their dead grandmothers.  
Reminds me of an old Simpsons episode: huge line outside a theater for Empire Strikes Back, Homer walks out saying “I can’t believe Darth Vader is Luke’s dad!” and all the people in line want to kill him.

I try to always have earphones in now on my train rides to and from work if I wasn’t able to watch Game of Thrones the night before. Or the Walking Dead before it fell off a cliff... Inevitably a couple of people were on the train talking about how they couldn’t believe so and so died last night.

I say fake spoilers, but I try to make them so ridiculous that everyone knows they're fake.

C'mon man, SPOILER ALERT!!!

:rant:

I'm taking my nephew tonight at 7.  Plenty of tickets left for pretty much all showings.  I guess it's not that big of a deal around here. :shrug:

Saturday at 7 ima gonna be all middle aged dad white guy nerded out for 3 and a half hours with my kid.

Sunday at 9 ima gonna be all middle aged white guy nerded out for an hour and a half with zombies and dragons.

It's amazing I run a business.
I can top this AND make you jealous 

Tonight: draft party, pizza, beers, etc 

Tomorrow: Avengers

Saturday: Magic Kingdom for a birthday then either Cape May or Ohana for dinner :pickle:  

Sunday: GoT party 

If I was in charge.
Can someone explain to us simpletons the use of spoiler tags?

Going radio silent til after I see it Saturday.

It's already being called the greatest movie ever made..  

I'm actively seeking out spoilers prior to our Friday afternoon reservations.  I always like to have a good preview of the major plot lines going in, as I'm pretty dense when it comes to following themes and plots and such, so appreciate having that background prior to seeing the movie.

I'm actively seeking out spoilers prior to our Friday afternoon reservations.  I always like to have a good preview of the major plot lines going in, as I'm pretty dense when it comes to following themes and plots and such, so appreciate having that background prior to seeing the movie.
if that's what you really want.....tread lightly as there is a lot there to digest...

google reddit marvel spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread