What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

Interesting angle to develop the Time Keepers in a show that not everyone can access. I am assuming this will be the basis for the next Spiderman and Dr Strange movies. 

I liked Ep 1 of Loki. Will be a bit vague to avoid spoiling.

Owen Wilson is a good pairing with Loki's seriousness.

Liked the theme of the place he ends up.  And ends with a good lead in to what the series is about.

No credits scene but there is a tiny audio bit at the very end of the credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
This show was really well done.  Won't get into specifics until people get to watch, but this will be must see viewing for the MCU going forward.  I'm pretty sure I know where the overall story line is heading and it should be great.  Please watch for spoilers, particularly anything from outside the show.  I'm kicking myself because someone on Facebook posted about a certain character that will appear (apparently) and it would have been a nice surprise.

I can already tell this will be more enjoyable for me than FatWS.  I think for a lot of people it will be the best of the 3 series.  Hiddleston is perfect as Loki, and this was classic Loki.

Tom Hiddleston is great as always as Loki. The whole time bureau thing is cheesy and feels out of place in the MCU. It works as a CW DC show but seems a hard sell here. If anyone can pull it off Marvel can though.
This adaptation is a really cool connection to the comics.  I think it's funny they can have pretty much anything from any time, and what you end up with is a lot of retro stuff.  Including a certain cola that was on the market for about 10 minutes :)

This adaptation is a really cool connection to the comics.  I think it's funny they can have pretty much anything from any time, and what you end up with is a lot of retro stuff.  Including a certain cola that was on the market for about 10 minutes :)
Which comic storyline? 

Interesting angle to develop the Time Keepers in a show that not everyone can access. I am assuming this will be the basis for the next Spiderman and Dr Strange movies. 
I can’t imagine anybody would have a hard time assessing this. Everybody has a smart phone now at the least. 

I can’t imagine anybody would have a hard time assessing this. Everybody has a smart phone now at the least. 
Also with the wealth of content they put out, people can shoot the locks off their wallets once every 4 months, binge it all, then dump it.

hiddlestone can flat out act really liked when it set in that the time lords were for real and he would die having done nothing good you could see it wash over him really well done and wilson was great too good start take that to the bank brohans 

i got to tell you i like the little trick to make me watch the credits of putting a little something at the end i mean before they started doing that i have to admit i had no idea who i would hire if i ever needed a key grip or who helped make the polish subtitles but now i am all set on those fronts so bam good job disney take that to the bank bromigos 

I don't really understand anyone saying they didn't like the show after one episode.  They had to introduce an entirely new concept, start developing Owen Wilson's character without a lot of backstory and exposition,  flash back to establish Loki's timeline, and start a plot for the season.   It's not a pilot.  It's the first episode of a full season show.   I guess it's good that the expectations of Marvel are so high, but damn, enjoy it for what it is.

I don't really understand anyone saying they didn't like the show after one episode.  They had to introduce an entirely new concept, start developing Owen Wilson's character without a lot of backstory and exposition,  flash back to establish Loki's timeline, and start a plot for the season.   It's not a pilot.  It's the first episode of a full season show.   I guess it's good that the expectations of Marvel are so high, but damn, enjoy it for what it is.
Not a single person in this thread said they didnt like it

Oh I will. I love all things Marvel. Just because I think the concept of the time police is cheesy doesn't mean I can't or won't enjoy it .

Yeah he never said he didn't like it but you do you
I have a suggestion:  stop reading my posts.   you won't like them.   we rarely agree on anything and  based on every post I remember of yours I don't respect your opinions on anything, from substantive issues to comic books.  putting me on ignore would be a good idea.   

I have a suggestion:  stop reading my posts.   you won't like them.   we rarely agree on anything and  based on every post I remember of yours I don't respect your opinions on anything, from substantive issues to comic books.  putting me on ignore would be a good idea.   
🤣 if you don't respect my opinions put ME on ignore. I have no problem with yours. Apparently you only wanna see posts of people who agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it a lot. Will be a fun show, because it seems to be more like WV. FaWS was fun to watch but had too many forced parts to put it on the same pedestal, especially the villain, trying to make her sympathetic while she’s killing everyone she can.

I can understand some of the TVA skepticism. I know a tiny bit about it but it’s hard to set aside that the [redacted for spoiler] are paper weights. I get that they tried to make it funny but it’s a big leap for a lot of non-comic book fans to almost sweep aside the importance of the full set of movies we just thoroughly enjoyed. Almost as if they could have just reset End Game if it wasn’t pre-ordained.

Also, the end scene was a little hokey. I mean you’ve got a crew that can basically do what I mentioned but somehow they get killed by the Braveheart trick.

There’s a new Marvel podcast: Marvel’s Wasteland: Old Man Star- Lord. I heard it promoted during another podcast I was listening to. I’m not sure my Marvel fandom extends to audio but I figured some here might be interested.

Link

Just finished watching Loki. It was good. Two things my nerdy husband said that I thought you folks might enjoy or could figure out. 

First. He thinks there is a way out of this for Loki. He believes the Red Skull had the same fate as Loki in the first Captain America and that he was some how punished into guarding the soul stone. Maybe Loki helping the TVA out will allow him another fate. 

Second he doesn't think that they chasing another Loki. He believes it is Kang the Conquerors introduction to the MCU. 

There’s a new Marvel podcast: Marvel’s Wasteland: Old Man Star- Lord. I heard it promoted during another podcast I was listening to. I’m not sure my Marvel fandom extends to audio but I figured some here might be interested.

Link
Interesting, thanks for the heads up.  May try an episode or 2

Just finished watching Loki. It was good. Two things my nerdy husband said that I thought you folks might enjoy or could figure out. 

First. He thinks there is a way out of this for Loki. He believes the Red Skull had the same fate as Loki in the first Captain America and that he was some how punished into guarding the soul stone. Maybe Loki helping the TVA out will allow him another fate. 

Second he doesn't think that they chasing another Loki. He believes it is Kang the Conquerors introduction to the MCU. 
That would be interesting and it wouldn't surprise me if Kang makes an appearance either near the end of this show or in Dr. Strange 2, but it would be pretty disingenuous for Morbius to say it's a variant Loki and have it be someone else.  The key to who it is I believe is on Loki's file folder.  I don't want to say it because like I mentioned earlier someone on social media mentioned a performer who will be on the show as the character and it gave away what I think will be a nice surprise.

Corporation said:
That would be interesting and it wouldn't surprise me if Kang makes an appearance either near the end of this show or in Dr. Strange 2, but it would be pretty disingenuous for Morbius to say it's a variant Loki and have it be someone else.  The key to who it is I believe is on Loki's file folder.  I don't want to say it because like I mentioned earlier someone on social media mentioned a performer who will be on the show as the character and it gave away what I think will be a nice surprise.
Marvel already announced Kang will be in Ant Man and the Wasp:  Quantumania

Corporation said:
Marvel already announced Kang will be in Ant Man and the Wasp:  Quantumania
I know, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he makes a sneak appearance here.  You can say he already has since he's one of the Time Keepers, and the middle face above the TVA judge was clearly his.  They'll probably save his big debut but like I said I wouldn't be surprised if we see him before the official debut in Ant-Man.

I thought it was pretty good but a lot of setup.  I hope it gets a little more wild now that the rules are set.  One plot hole, when they tell Loki that the Avengers weren't in trouble because they were doing what they were supposed to do when they time traveled..  But Stark and Cap wouldn't have had to go back to the 70s if Loki hadn't taken the tesseract.  Right?

I thought it was pretty good but a lot of setup.  I hope it gets a little more wild now that the rules are set.  One plot hole, when they tell Loki that the Avengers weren't in trouble because they were doing what they were supposed to do when they time traveled..  But Stark and Cap wouldn't have had to go back to the 70s if Loki hadn't taken the tesseract.  Right?
The way I viewed it was that Tony and Steve had to go back to the 70s because Loki caused the timeline event. Tony and Steve were already time traveling to get the stones, and when Loki took it they had to audible.

🤣  :lmao:

They literally can choose anywhere, any time. And they chose there? 

:) I won't spoil but that's awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread