What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

totally agree his character development in dd season dos was truly awesome my lady was not that big of a fan of season uno but she was like bam this guy can flat out act his head off like dandelion in season dos it was awesome take that to the bank

i do not know about spiderman in avengers if it is a toby mcguire type dude it will stink he was rotten like a tomator what was left outside in the heat and started to smoosh down and get all stinky take that to the bank but ps kersten dunst is ok we can have her around 

I was wondering why they didn't just name it Avengers 3. I'm sure the story centers around Captain A but it seems like it would be an easy way to make a LOT more money.

Either way, excited to see it. Barely go to the movies anymore, but I did for SW and I will for this as well, hopefully over the weekend.

i do not know about spiderman in avengers if it is a toby mcguire type dude it will stink he was rotten like a tomator what was left outside in the heat and started to smoosh down and get all stinky take that to the bank but ps kersten dunst is ok we can have her around 
People seem to forget how awesome the 1st and 2nd Tobey McGuire spider-man's were.

People seem to forget how awesome the 1st and 2nd Tobey McGuire spider-man's were.
I actually hated those movies. (I know, I'm in the minority here)

The new Spiderman, however, is much better IMO.

Toby was such a nerd. He could play Peter Parker, sure. But not Spiderman.

I actually hated those movies. (I know, I'm in the minority here)

The new Spiderman, however, is much better IMO.

Toby was such a nerd. He could play Peter Parker, sure. But not Spiderman.
And the opposite could (and should) be said about Garfield.

I was wondering why they didn't just name it Avengers 3. I'm sure the story centers around Captain A but it seems like it would be an easy way to make a LOT more money.

Either way, excited to see it. Barely go to the movies anymore, but I did for SW and I will for this as well, hopefully over the weekend.
It is a Cap movie.  It centers on Cap and furthers plot lines established in the other Cap movies.  As that translates to the movie, I would guess that you'll see a lot of Team Cap, especially as they build story around those characters.  You'll see a lot less of Team Iron Man, I would guess mostly only when in conflict with Team Cap.  Think of how the Winter Soldier was in Cap 2.

Avengers 3 (& 4, since it'll be a two-parter) will be about the whole team, like the first 2 Avengers movies were, with a whole lot less of individual character building.

It is a Cap movie.  It centers on Cap and furthers plot lines established in the other Cap movies.  As that translates to the movie, I would guess that you'll see a lot of Team Cap, especially as they build story around those characters.  You'll see a lot less of Team Iron Man, I would guess mostly only when in conflict with Team Cap.  Think of how the Winter Soldier was in Cap 2.

Avengers 3 (& 4, since it'll be a two-parter) will be about the whole team, like the first 2 Avengers movies were, with a whole lot less of individual character building.
Yeah my guess is that when we see the movie it'll feel a lot more like a Cap movie than the previews are making it out to be (which feel like an Avengers film). I'm guessing there's a whole lot more to the story than the trailers are letting on.  

Makes sense, thanks. Winter Soldier might be my favorite one so far, so I'm on board!

Everything about this film looks like it's going to be absolutely epic. I can't wait to see it. 
I hope so and am optimistic that you are right. But it does worry me that they look to be following the traditional Hollywood trope of "If one explosion was awesome then 1,000 explosions will be SUPERER AWSOMER!!!" and that rarely works out IMO.

I hope so and am optimistic that you are right. But it does worry me that they look to be following the traditional Hollywood trope of "If one explosion was awesome then 1,000 explosions will be SUPERER AWSOMER!!!" and that rarely works out IMO.
All the advance critical word is so extremely positive. Granted that doesn't always mean anything but it's crazy how overwhelmingly positive the reviews have been so far. Plus I really think the Russos are dialed in as far as knowing how to tell a strong story. Winter Soldier was, in my opinion, a really exceptional film for the genre. It transcended a comic book film in many ways.  

Very much looking forward to this.  I managed to get Ultron, Winter Soldier and AntMan on the DVR recently and have been going back and forth watching them in parts and in whole.  They continue to do a really impressive job with this entire universe.

And Ant Man the more I watch is getting higher and higher in my personal favorite list in this universe.  It had such a great mix of fun and downright humor and it just worked.  

Very much looking forward to this.  I managed to get Ultron, Winter Soldier and AntMan on the DVR recently and have been going back and forth watching them in parts and in whole.  They continue to do a really impressive job with this entire universe.

And Ant Man the more I watch is getting higher and higher in my personal favorite list in this universe.  It had such a great mix of fun and downright humor and it just worked.  
When it is all said and done Ant-Man will probably end up a top 5 Marvel movie.

I'm just tired of seeing the teams running towards each other.  Hawkeye and scarlet witch do not run to fight.  :rant:  

I'm just tired of seeing the teams running towards each other.  Hawkeye and scarlet witch do not run to fight.  :rant:  
After seeing those pics of Elizabeth Olsen at the European premiere I don't care if she's running, walking or sitting still. She can do no wrong.  :wub:

When I heard they were doing the Civl War plotline I assumed it would be Avengers.  I was surprised to see it be a Cap movie but I guess they are in a hurry to get to the Infinity Wars with the Avengers films.  They've been teasing it a while now.

When I heard they were doing the Civl War plotline I assumed it would be Avengers.  I was surprised to see it be a Cap movie but I guess they are in a hurry to get to the Infinity Wars with the Avengers films.  They've been teasing it a while now.
In comics terms, Civil War is considered a crossover event and larger than just a team or character specific comic. I think it's still being called Captain America mainly because Cap 3 in the MCU timeline is the logical jumping off point. It could just as easily have been Iron Man 4 but Evans was already on for Cap 3 and they had to negotiate with Downey. 

After seeing those pics of Elizabeth Olsen at the European premiere I don't care if she's running, walking or sitting still. She can do no wrong.  :wub:
dem ####### were looking good.

hard to believe the 3rd olson sister would actually become more relevant currently than the other two who made hundreds of millions in the 90's

Not that anyone reading this thread needs a reminder but just in case, afterthecredits.com indicates that there is "during credits" and "after credits" material.

I obviously did not look at what they were for spoiler sake but in some of the movies, the "after credits" material is sometimes as simple as text saying ".....will return in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1"

@Capellaif you go tonight, let us know, sans spoilers,, if the "after credit" material is just text or a scene.  Thanks!

Have had my 7:15pm Friday center theater, middle seats reserved for this for a month.  Super excited! :excited:

Not that anyone reading this thread needs a reminder but just in case, afterthecredits.com indicates that there is "during credits" and "after credits" material.

I obviously did not look at what they were for spoiler sake but in some of the movies, the "after credits" material is sometimes as simple as text saying ".....will return in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1"

@Capellaif you go tonight, let us know, sans spoilers,, if the "after credit" material is just text or a scene.  Thanks!
After credits is a scene and it's great. 

Movie is PHENOMENAL. Takes a while to get going (there is some boring scenes in the first 45) but when it gets rolling it's a real treat. Spider-Man is fantastic, 5 stars for that casting. I kept wanting to see more. 

I've seen 10 of the 13 now (no IM 2 or 3 or Thor 2) and this is at the top with Avengers 1 and Guardians. 

Something that did bother me. Obviously a spoiler:

you have this giant climatic scene at the end between Cap and IM that the whole movie and the whole MCU has been building towards, and 30 seconds after that you have yet another Stan Lee cameo, this time with a joke prepared...really just took away from the gravity of the end of the movie, even for a comic book movie. It was kind of startling actually. 

It's not really a big deal, it was just really poorly executed IMO. It doesn't have to be super serious and dark like DC but that was weird.

It was glorious.  Agree with Cappy, takes a while to build steam but once it gets going they knock it out of the park.

Definitely hang for the second credits scene.

I was disappointed.  Whole movie actually seems kind of pointless in terms of the storyline advancing.  Woulda been better if they stayed truer to the source material.  The main battle scene was great though, and spidey too.  Needed more of him.

Sit through the credits either way. It's a great way to soak in everything that just happened. Let's you breathe. Talk about the movie while everything is fresh before the real world smacks you right back in the face. I love the credits. 

Excellent movie. Right up there with the best in the series.

Not sure how they are going to flesh out Black Panther for an entire movie without adding another avenger or 2, but it was a good introduction here.

Ant-Man and Spider Man were great in this.

After advertising itself as Civil war, its obvious that there are sides and they will fight each other. When they do it is kinda anti-climactic, but the real fight is near the end and it is brutal.

Doesn't have Hulk or Thor, but pretty much every other Avenger is here,

If forced to rank where we are at after 13 of these movies. Maybe Civil War drops a spot or 2 once I sit on this for a few days/weeks.

1 - Marvel's The Avengers - The challenge of bring all the elements into play and with a relatively low level villain like Loki was a masterful job by Wheadon. Class A filmmaking.

2 - Thor - I know many don't like this or others have it rated lower, but I like the direction by Brannagh and the heart of the battle between Loki and Thor. To me this is believably emotional and it struck  big chord with me

3 - Captain America: Civil War - This could have been a mess with so many characters all begging for screen time, but holds it together well and doesn't shirk it's title.

4 - Iron Man - This movie was such a breath of fresh air, and every cent Marvel gives to Robert Downey Jr will be worth it. He set this franchise up with this iconic film.

5 - Guardians of the Galaxy - Such a pleasant shock at how good this was. Fun, serious and engaging story telling at its best 

6 - Ant-Man - Another fun surprise. The likeability of Rudd is key to the success of this, but the impact of Michael Douglas is key too.

7 - Iron Man 2 - Expanded the Marvel universe beyond Iron Man and continued with a brilliant sequel to the original.

8 - Captain America: Winter Soldier - This Captain America was a much better told story than the first one.

9 - Avengers: Age of Ultron - Special effects bonanza at the expense of storytelling. A disappointment after the first avengers movie. Still great when compared to other movies, but not up to the standard of other Marvel movies

10 - Iron Man 3 - Like Age of Ultron, too keen to show off special effects instead of concentrating on Downey.

11 - Captain America: The First Avenger - This one was safe and didn't really add much, except giving us more about Hydra. Still enjoyable though

12 - Thor: Dark World - I loved the first one, but this one was boring and took us nowhere

13 - The Incredible Hulk - Needs Ruffalo as Banner and is barely worthy of being in the Marvel series

Users who are viewing this thread