What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BLACK SAILS: Now with Black Beards! Season IV starts Jan 29 ahoy! (1 Viewer)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
Off to a good start and Jessica Parker Kennedy has already been naked, lots of action and a developing plot.

A lot happened in I, seems like this show might be going places. I'll be watching until further notice. :pirate:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it might be a matter of nobody having Starz. :shrug: I think I had it for one month maybe ten years ago.
That's a fair point. Boss was a great show but died a slow death despite Golden Globe nominations, because it didn't get the audience.

Well ####. :hot:

I have Strarz and dug some of their original programming (loved loved Sparticus, like Magic City). I'll be catching up on this show this weekend.

:gang2: :thumbup:

I don't have starz but apparently they're allowing the first episode to be played on youtube (edited for content) --> here

I thought if you had HBO or Showtime, you got Starz tossed in? Anyway, I never saw Boss, but their other shows were weak. I am tempted to give this a shot, but it seems like Spartacus on the open seas.

jamny said:
I worked on a shareholders meeting for Starz in a theater in NY a couple of months ago and they showed the pilot. It just seemed really cheesy. It was hard to believe all the tough pirates being intimidated by the hot blond. Plenty of nudity though.
Probably adjusted for 2014 viewers although she is the lead trader in the show, so that position would certainly wield some power. Seems like she has a security team or whatever.

I thought if you had HBO or Showtime, you got Starz tossed in? Anyway, I never saw Boss, but their other shows were weak. I am tempted to give this a shot, but it seems like Spartacus on the open seas.
That's a bad thing? Spartacus was awesome.

Spartacus was way over the top.
Agreed. I liked 300 but 2 hours was enough, I couldn't watch 30-40 hours of it.
You can bet that no one in Spartacus shaved their sacks, that's for sure.

Confused about this as I thought I added it to the DVR but I don't think it recorded last night. I probably picked the wrong one of the 100 Starz channels.

They had a preview of it at the San Diego Comic-Con last summer and it looked good. I think it's a loose prequel to Stevenson's Treasure Island with some of the same characters; not sure if Dr. D mentioned that already.

I already have it "Saved" in my Netflix queue. I can wait. However, I'm not watching it for the T'n'A. I'm watching it for the great acting and well-crafted story lines.

Yeah. that's the ticket.

Spartacus was way over the top.
Agreed. I liked 300 but 2 hours was enough, I couldn't watch 30-40 hours of it.
You can bet that no one in Spartacus shaved their sacks, that's for sure.
Actually in Ancient Rome men and women shaved their pubes.

I've watched the first episode and 10 minutes of the second. Not exactly compelling drama for sure but so far it is "fun"...lots of action and lots of T&A.

I heard about this a week or 2 ago, and it made my think why we havent had a pirate show yet, but then I thought how can you really have a pirate show with good dialogue that is also realistic.

It's decent. Hot blond trader and Jessica Parker Kennedy have...

both gotten naked and both had a lesbian scene with each other, so already off to a good start! :thumbup:

Off to a good start and Jessica Parker Kennedy has already been naked, lots of action and a developing plot.

A lot happened in I, seems like this show might be going places. I'll be watching until further notice. :pirate:
They really liked how the first season turned out. So much that they were already half finished shooting season 2 before the pilot even aired. In fact I thought they were already done and wouldn't have known they weren't if they hadn't posted a #slateforsarah picture on FB. My friend's FiL is one of the main directors on S2 so they all got to watch all of season 1 and they all said aftert he first few episodes, it's outstanding. At this point, I have no problem believing that.

Amazon Prime picked up this show as the exclusive provider to the UK. So this series will stick IMO.

Thought season 1 was good but often disjointed. I think with a sustainable future, it will get better scripts and plots.

Thought season 1 was good but often disjointed. I think with a sustainable future, it will get better scripts and plots.
It wasn't bad, but got haphazard at points, I agree.

Really dig the blonde chick, and not just because she's hot and did a lesbian scene in the 1st episode. :excited: She has good presence, IMO.,

Waiting for it to show up on Netflix. I'm only going to watch it because I hear the story lines are great. :)
Half the scenes have Jessica Parker Kennedy or Hannah New, it's not a hard show to watch.

ETA: Sometimes they are making out

Doctor Detroit said:
MaxThreshold said:
Waiting for it to show up on Netflix. I'm only going to watch it because I hear the story lines are great. :)
Half the scenes have Jessica Parker Kennedy or Hannah New, it's not a hard show to watch.

ETA: Sometimes they are making out
Confirmed. And it's spectacular.

Yeah, practically counting the days until this comes back. The ending of last season was outstanding. It was only eight eps IIRC, all of which I still have saved on my DVR, so I'll probably go back and watch those to prep and "bone" up on plot details, heh.

Hannah New is gorgeous and can actually act as well. I hope she didn't cut her hair in a pixie style or something ludicrous like that for S2.

Users who are viewing this thread