What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (13 Viewers)

My list would’ve taken 10 minutes if relievers weren’t a thing. Instead I spend 30 minutes a day debating between crappy closers, stud RP nonclosers, and kinda good outfielders. 

Until I freak out a few more times I'll go with this....

YES

1. Trout
  2. Harper
  3. Freeman
  4. Sherzer
  5. Gordon
  6. Happ
  7. Schwarber
  8. Quintana
  9. Fullmer
  10. Cole
  11. Doolittle
  12. Allen
  13. Kipnis
  14. Shaw
  15. Duvall
  16. Villar
  17. hiura
  18. Belt
  19. Morrison
  20. Choo
  21. Schebler
  22. Peralta
  23. Reddick
  24. Pomeranz
  25. castro
NO

1. Hill
  2. McCann
  3. Devenski
  4. Robertson
  5. Gonzalez
  6. Cargo
  7. Kintzler
  8. Devenski
  9. Ellsbury
  10. Thiass
  11. Collins
  12. Difo
  13. Parra
  14. Reed
  15. Samarjdza

Here is the protected list for Arsenal/moops, pending any last minute changes:

Protected:

1. Anthony Rizzo
  2. Miguel Sano
  3. Corey Seager
  4. Trevor Story
  5. Michael Conforto
  6. Ender Inciarte
  7. Max Kepler
  8. Gregory Polanco
  9. Hanley Ramirez 
  10. Michael Taylor
  11. Travis d'Arnaud
  12. Tim Beckham
  13. Greg Bird
  14. David Dahl
  15. Brandon Nimmo
  16. Aaron Hicks
  17. Carl Edwards Jr.
  18. Kelvin Herrera
  19. Jordan Montgomery
  20. Addison Reed
  21. Ervin Santana
  22. Tyler Anderson
  23. Kevin Gausman
  24. A.J. Puk
  25. Tyler Chatwood
Hot Garbage/Unprotected

1. Drew Smyly 
  2. Francisco Rodriguez
  3. Amir Garrett  
  4. Matt Andriese
  5. Tyson Ross
  6. Brandon McCarthy
  7. Tommy Khanle
  8. Adam Ottavino
  9. Derek Holland
  10. Logan Forsythe
  11. Jarrod Dyson
  12. Tom Murphy
  13. Kennys Vargas
  14. Josh Harrison
  15. Alex Avila

Protected 

Evan Gattis

Justin Smoak

Robinson Cano

Chris Taylor

Josh Donaldson

Kyle Seager

Charlie Blackmon

JD Martinez

Khris Davis

Lorenzo Cain

Kevin Kiermaier

Luis Robert

Miggy Cabrera

Paul Dedong

Matt Carpenter

Brad Hand

Shane Greene

Stephen Strasburg

Jacob deGrom

James Paxton

Luis Castillo

Taijuan Walker

Forrest Whitley

Michael Kopech

Mitch Keller

Unprotected

Alonso

Polanco

Hernandez

Hanigar

Chapman

Garcia

Jones

Martinez

Minaya

Clevinger

Rodney

Peacock

Richards

Baez

Can someone verify my understanding of eligible players for the following?

Three round competitive balance draft in reverse order of 2017 standings (Non-snake) Any player in the baseball universe other than "protected" players

Annual waivers cycle using waivers order carried over from last year. Any free agent

Open transactions (FCFS) for the remainder of the season Any free agent on a major league roster

I'm not sure I have the last two correct

Can someone verify my understanding of eligible players for the following?

Three round competitive balance draft in reverse order of 2017 standings (Non-snake) Any player in the baseball universe other than "protected" players

Annual waivers cycle using waivers order carried over from last year. Any free agent

Open transactions (FCFS) for the remainder of the season Any free agent on a major league roster

I'm not sure I have the last two correct
I believe the talent pool for 2 and 3 are the same.  Only opportunity to pick up amateurs and internationals is in the competitive balance draft.

Tenative

• Altuve
  • Votto
  • Stanton
  • Braun
  • Abreu
  • Thames
  • Gurriel
  • Reynolds
  • Lucroy
  • Tulowitzki
  • Mckay
  • Urias
  • Lewis
  • Kelly

• Greinke
  • Carrasco
  • Verlander
  • Stroman
  • Gray
  • Sanchez
  • Happ
  • Estrada
  • Osuna
  • Neris
  • Britton
-------------

Zobrist, Bautista, Phillips, Tellesz, Reyes, Hilliard, Quinn, RDavis, Martin, Mauer, Wainwright, Hoffman, Urena
Mine's here, do I need to do something else?

The half names listed kill me.  I have no idea who these MLB guys are.  I only follow minors ball these days.  Reyes?  Isn't he being kept by someone else? Hoffman?  I thought he just got in the Hall?  It's going to take me three days to sort this all out.

The half names listed kill me.  I have no idea who these MLB guys are.  I only follow minors ball these days.  Reyes?  Isn't he being kept by someone else? Hoffman?  I thought he just got in the Hall?  It's going to take me three days to sort this all out.
Someone should make a google doc or website or something with everyone's full name listed by roster.

rodg12 said:
I believe the talent pool for 2 and 3 are the same.  Only opportunity to pick up amateurs and internationals is in the competitive balance draft.
what are the amateur limits? some sort of at-bat threshold or IP threshold?

what are the amateur limits? some sort of at-bat threshold or IP threshold?
Amateur means not yet signed by a MLB team.  So, guys that would be drafted in June (Seth Beer already on a roster) or international guys that haven't signed with an MLB club (Ohtani prior to signing with the Angels).  Prior to this season, those guys could be picked up at any time.  Starting now, you can only get them during the competitive balance draft.

Draft sheet update (including draft order).  I checked to make sure everybody had the right number of protected/unprotected but feel free to double-check yours.

Draft pool for this draft includes:

1. Unprotected players
  2. All free agents in CBS database
  3. Any unlisted player including amateurs and international players
Draft starts Wednesday.  No clock. 

If you draft an unprotected player, please include the team you're poaching him from.  A team can only lose three unprotected players.

That was quite an undertaking.  I looked at a list I made in November after I made my decision, and 23 of the 25 I had then made my protected list.  Since my team is pretty much all under 30, I figure I'll lose three for sure.  So maybe I shouldn't have pushed for this stupid draft! :mellow: No seriously, this is a good season kickoff and it also promotes trades and some intense thinking. 

Keeping Margot, Nick Williams, and Bradley Zimmer was tough as I think one of them is likely a star, and two of them are just gonna be meh.  Just don't have a big enough sample size yet to figure out what direction they are headed.  Same with Mondesi, not my favorite but given that speed and glove maybe he can steal 1st and make it worth my while. 

I have the first pick narrowed down to about five guys.  Will this be the year I am finally out of the cellar?

Ok, I'm gonna go wicked conservative here, and take a guy that will help me now. He has good signability, decent upside, and most importantly he plugs in to my lineup now.  Far from the best value in this draft, but...

PIK95 selects 1.1 Matt Chapman 3B A's

Sorry Helz Tupee

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm gonna go wicked conservative here, and take a guy that will help me now. He has good signability, decent upside, and most importantly he plugs in to my lineup now.  Far from the best value in this draft, but...

PIK95 selects 1.1 Matt Chapman 3B A's

Sorry Helz Tupee
He was in my top ten, especially considering my 3B situation now and going forward is poop. 

Eephus said:
Draft sheet update (including draft order).  I checked to make sure everybody had the right number of protected/unprotected but feel free to double-check yours.

Draft pool for this draft includes:

1. Unprotected players
  2. All free agents in CBS database
  3. Any unlisted player including amateurs and international players
Draft starts Wednesday.  No clock. 

If you draft an unprotected player, please include the team you're poaching him from.  A team can only lose three unprotected players.
@the moops

Users who are viewing this thread