What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (11 Viewers)

C Sal Perez

1B Branden Belt

1B Billy Butler

2B Dee Gordon

SS Raul Mondesi Jr

SS Tim Anderson

SS Alexei Ramirez

SS/3B/2B Marcus Semien

3B Pedro Alvarez

3B Todd Frazier

3B Nick Castellanos

OF Andrew McCutchen

OF Byron Buxton

SP Alex Cobb

SP Zach Wheeler

SP Yordano Ventura

SP Doug Fister

SP Andrew Heaney

RP Kevin Quackenbush

RP Cody Allen

20.3 Brad Boxberger P

Hitters
Miguel Sano 3B
Buster Posey 1B, C
Corey Seager SS
David Dahl OF
Hanley Ramirez SS
Yan Gomes C
Martin Prado 2B, 3B, OF
Dexter Fowler OF
Leonys Martin OF
Lonnie Chisenhall 1B, 3B

Pitchers
Drew Hutchison
Kevin Gausman
Alex Wood
Trevor Bauer
Tyson Ross
Drew Smyly
Joaquin Benoit
Tony Cingrani
Mark Appel
Brad Boxberger

Poached players have been put back into the pool at CBS. I'll load the new teams after the draft is done.

Kraft: Please post your first 20 if you get a chance so they're all on the same page.

Order for Poached Owner Minidraft:

1. Hoos (can pick whenever)
  2. Hoos
  3. HellToup
  4. HellToup
  5. Boub
  6. eeph
  7. RnR
  8. Pik
  9. Boub
  10. Pik
  11. eeph
  12. Sparty
  13. Berserker
  14. Berserker
  15. Sparty
  16. NV
  17. Goat
All returning teams are closed except for:

RnR Anthony Kemp 2B 2B
RnR Dayan Viciedo OF OF
RnR Dustin Ackley OF OF
RnR Eddie Butler P P
RnR Ike Davis 1B 1B
RnR Kendrys Morales 1B 1B
RnR Matt Olson 1B 1B
RnR Mark Teixeira 1B 1B
RnR Melvin Upton OF OF
RnR Michael Bourn OF OF
RnR Mike Moustakas 3B 3B
RnR Patrick Corbin P P
RnR Steven Moya OF OF
RnR Trevor Plouffe 3B 3B
RnR Wade Davis P P
RnR Wily Peralta P P

NV Aaron Hill 2B 2B
NV Angel Pagan OF OF
NV Chris Tillman P P
NV Darren O'Day P P
NV David Freese 3B 3B
NV Delino DeShields OF OF
NV Drew Stubbs OF OF
NV Edward Mujica P P
NV Hiroki Kuroda P P
NV Josh Hamilton OF OF
NV Matt Garza P P
NV Michael Cuddyer 1B,OF 1B,OF
NV R.A. Dickey P P
NV Rajai Davis OF OF
NV Russell Martin C C
NV Zach Putnam P P

Greedygoat Allen Craig 1B,OF 1B,OF
Greedygoat Casey Janssen P P
Greedygoat Chris Johnson 3B 3B
Greedygoat DJ LeMahieu 2B 2B
Greedygoat Emilio Bonifacio 2B,OF 2B,OF
Greedygoat Jake Petricka P P
Greedygoat James Loney 1B 1B
Greedygoat Jarred Cosart P P
Greedygoat John Lackey P P
Greedygoat Jonathan Broxton P P
Greedygoat Kurt Suzuki C C
Greedygoat Norichika Aoki OF OF
Greedygoat Pat Neshek P P
Greedygoat Sergio Romo P P
Greedygoat Shane Victorino OF OF

So let me get this straight, there are a bunch of ####ty players in this supplemental pool and we ve drafted 20 rounds and now we have a 17 player sub-supplemental for established owners?

I would not have played if I knew this. Luckily X paid for us, I might be gone by May March.

ETA: strikethrough

Last edited by a moderator:
So what the hell is happening now? Is the draft still going? I don't get it. :confused:
The original teams get a 1 round draft now to make up for lost players, then back to the newbs for rounds 21-37
Yeah #### that, this is ####### stupid.

Pool is awful already and we had access to two of your #### #### storm. Now we are at a further disadvantage.

God Dammit, no reason I should have spent time on this.

Neither X nor I knew this was gonna happen.

This is the biggest piece of #### occurrence in fantasy sports since 2 PPR leagues for TEs.

Bull####, bull####, ####### bull####! You asshles have 35 protected players, don't expand if you want to play like this. Just play in a ####### 4 team league.

I quit.

Read the rules noobs
Commissioner Message Rostered players not in CBS databaseKenta Maeda (NPB) Eephus

Yoan Moncada (Cuba?) Eephus

Tony Kemp (Astros) RnR

Jeong Choi (Korea) Eephus

League Identity Description Setting League Name Serious Business Dynasty League Password zilla League URL http://sb-uber.baseball.cbssports.com League E-mail Address sb-uber@baseball.cbssports.com Teams 13 League Entry Fee $50

Roster Limits Status Min Max Active Players 0 22 Reserve Players 0 14 Injured Players 0 1 Minors Players 0 0 Total Players 0 37 Position Active Min Active Max Roster Total C 1 1 1B 1 1 2B 1 1 3B 1 1 SS 1 1 MI 1 1 CI 1 1 OF 4 4 DH 2 2 P 9 9 Extra Roster Settings Injured players do not count against positional roster limits.

Scoring Settings Description Setting Scoring System Rotisserie

Scoring System Scoring for Batting Categories Name Settings HR Home Runs OBP On Base Pct R Runs RBI Runs Batted In SB Stolen Bases Scoring for Pitching Categories Name Settings ERA Earned Run Average K Strikeouts (Pitcher) S Saves W Wins WHIP Walks + Hits / Inning

Player Policies Description Setting Player Eligibility Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 10 games last year or 5 games this year. Pitcher Minimums Pitchers must accumulate at least 500 innings pitched and can not accumulate more then 1450 innings pitched over the course of the season. If the minimum of 500 is not reached at the end of the season, the team will be placed in last place in the team ERA and WHIP categories. If the maximum of 1450 is exceeded then the team will stop accruing stats for pitchers after the innings are exceeded. DH Eligibility Everyone is eligible at DH. Player Pool AL and NL Players.

Fee Settings Description Setting League Entry Fee 50

Transaction Settings Description Setting Lineup Policy Owners may set lineups and change players' positions from a list of their eligible positions. Lineup Deadline Lineups may be set daily up to 5 minutes prior to the first game of the day. Add/Drop Policy Owners may not do add/drops. Trade Policy Owners may do trades. Trade Deadline No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 pm et 8/15/15. Offseason Trades Owners may make trades during the offseason.

Scoring Periods Description Setting Period Length Weekly scoring periods, starting on Mondays Periods Start Monday Season Starts Sun, Apr 5, 2015 Season Ends Period 26
Refer to the Terms of Use for more information

This is the biggest piece of #### occurrence in fantasy sports since 2 PPR leagues for TEs.

Bull####, bull####, ####### bull####! You asshles have 35 protected players, don't expand if you want to play like this. Just play in a ####### 4 team league.

I quit.
I'll skip my picks if it makes you feel better.

Getting Andrew McCutchen in the 1st round when you thought he'd be long gone, $25.

Buying three drinks at your local because the bartender has firm double d cans, $18

Quiting the same baseball league twice in a five year time span, priceless.

I quit.
Also, we are not expanding. We are replacing 3 owners who quit. Instead of having a normal dispersal draft, we all agreed to let y'all also have access to 16 other players from each of our rosters.

Or Cutch, Buxton, Cobb, and Billy Butler for 50 American dollars.

paypal detroithungbro@gmail.com

ETA: RnR, we will not accept $50 worth of Krispy Kreme vouchers as payment. Thanks.

1. HellToup
  2. HellToup
  3. Boub
  4. eeph
  5. RnR
  6. Pik
  7. Boub
  8. Pik
  9. eeph
  10. Sparty
  11. Berserker
  12. Berserker
  13. Sparty
  14. NV
  15. Goat
ETA: Kraft's team

A. Rendon

M. Machado

A. Russell

K. Giles

B. Swihart

C. Santana

C. Rodon

J. deGrom

M. Stroman

J. Urias

D. Bundy

J. McGee

V. Martinez

N. Feliz

M. Cabrera

O. Arcia

N. Mazara

A. Meadows

A. Pollock

J. Profar

Go ahead and send back X the $10 league discount to new owners. Realistically the new teams won't be able to compete until year 3, now it's more like year 4 with these stupid ####### rules you dreamed up.

The existing league teams had 35 protected players, but somehow that wasn't enough and you are basically taking a year away from the new teams by letting the old guard grab 17 more players from the pool half way through the draft.

You should have just played with 10 teams and done a dispersal draft, the new teams are basically making a $150 donation to play the first three years. This is why dynasty leagues fail, when people leave the management can't formulate a plan to make the league attractive to newcomers.

Frazier was #1 on my list. Glad the old man let you have my 21st player as your 36th player. Really sporting of him.

I wanted Aaron Hill but X said, "meh."

We went Billy Butler instead, but that was contingent on us drafting 37 rounds unmolested. In retrospect we should have drafted Clint Frazier, but that ship has ####### sailed. Might be good in six years though, I can pray to black baby Jesus.

Keeping a dynasty league running isn't easy. Once you get past year one, the playing field is inherently uneven. Every team is always on a different point of the curve: building, making a run, keeping it together, falling apart, rebuilding, etc.

This year was especially tough, in large part because Harryhood's team was so weak. The unprotected lists were an honest attempt to address this and be fair to the new teams. By the same token, we have guys like Hoos who lost pick #6 in the dispersal. Pick #61 is a big step down from that but it's better than pick #112. It's in the old thread but dispersal drafts have been contentious in the past, mostly by RnR because they gave new owners a chance to pick over the available talent and make things much harder for existing teams to rebuild. Post #302 was my best shot at trying to balance things. The original post wasn't set in stone; I made changes based on feedback and referenced it multiple times in the thread. What happened after round 20 shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

But really Doc, are you seriously being such a #### about the likes of Alex Guerrero and Bung Hole Kang? There will be better guys available in round 21 and probably in round 37. Talent will be there all year on the waiver wire and you can build your team up like everybody else has. Clint Frazier hit .266 last year in A ball. There's definitely someone in high school or college right now who will have a better career than Frazier. Do some research for christ's sake. That's what this league is all about.

Serious Biz has survived because we've tried to keep it cheap, casual and cool. Nobody is going to get rich or go broke from the stakes. Frankly, it probably would have died by now except for Greedygoat's friend at CBS. I was happy with this year's crop of new owners because I figured they understood what they were getting into, unlike that shady guy that RnR ran out of the thread. I hope you all stick with the league and contend in the near future but what I really hope is that somebody doesn't #### the league up because they didn't ask about the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread