What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ways to improve the US by becoming more like the rest of the world (1 Viewer)

I'm a pretty big fan of the Ciesta in the afternoon.. I could definitely get down with a nap between 1-2 PM every day.

There's a lot of crap things about Euro countries though.. i've never been to a euro country i'd want to move to.

But there are a lot of islands I've been to where I'd like to move that admittedly do have euro influences.
Oh, man... ever been to Amsterdam?

Been to lots of Euro countries, including gay Paris.... Amsterdam is the balls. I would move there in a heartbeat. In fact, that's where I want to live when I retire.
My father asked me to take him there so he can do heroin before I kill him.

True story.

How about not serving as the world's police force...and spending about 1/5-1/10 as much on national offense...er, sorry...national defense. :shrug:

How about not serving as the world's police force...and spending about 1/5-1/10 as much on national offense...er, sorry...national defense.
Why do you hate American employment?
Got thousands of bridges that probably won't be safe for vehicular traffic within the next ~20 years, thousands of miles of sewer lines that are in tough shape, probably a few million miles of inferior/outdated/broken/redundant power and telecommunication lines that could use some help, and about a billion potholes to fill. I guess if it's American employment we're concerned with, I'd rather start with those types of things vs. manufacturing weapons and/or building said infrastructure for other nations. :shrug:

adopt metric system

rename soccer, 'football'

socially accepted nude/topless beaches
Universal healthcare.
All excellent ideas.

secure borders
Stricter immigration policies
Really dumb posts that show you don't really understand how the rest of the world works. The only places that have stricter immigration policies would include North Korea and that's about it.

As for my idea: Boycotting Monsanto and the production of GMO foods.
Im not challenging your knowledge, but where can I find information on this? It seems a quick Google search was fruitless.
Both Japan and the EU have stricter policies. Australia and Canada have smarter policies. They both allow a fair amount of immigration, but it's mostly highly educated.

Our policies aren't very strict comparatively speaking. They happen to just make very little practical sense.
Canada doesnt even allow "anchor babies" anymore.. Way to be informed smoovy.. lol

I'm all for $7 a gallon gasoline. And a 23% VAT.

Then we'll really start to look like Europe.
This has nothing to do with me wanting to get a beer and a burger in a park or town square. We aren't trying to be just like other countries, just pick out some areas to improve on.
It would significantly reduce the amounts of pollutants into the atmosphere, for one thing.
I'm confused. I assumed your other comment was pure sarcasm, now I'm not sure.

How about not serving as the world's police force...and spending about 1/5-1/10 as much on national offense...er, sorry...national defense.
Got thousands of bridges that probably won't be safe for vehicular traffic within the next ~20 years, thousands of miles of sewer lines that are in tough shape, probably a few million miles of inferior/outdated/broken/redundant power and telecommunication lines that could use some help, and about a billion potholes to fill. I guess if it's American employment we're concerned with, I'd rather start with those types of things vs. manufacturing weapons and/or building said infrastructure for other nations. :shrug:
:goodposting:

Unfortunately our politicians would rather fund tanks our Army doesn't want than our Federal Transportation fund. God Bless the War Machine.

Unfortunately our politicians would rather fund tanks our Army doesn't want than our Federal Transportation fund. God Bless the War Machine.
Well the tank makers are the grandchildren of the buggy whip makers. Haven't their families suffered enough?

Well the tank makers are the grandchildren of the buggy whip makers. Haven't their families suffered enough?
All we are say....ing.....is give war a chance... :P

Corporate tax reform so U.S. corporations can actually bring their cash back into the U.S. without getting slammed for doing so. Lowering the corporate rates down to levels of other countries would be a nice touch, too.
On average big corporations paid like 12.5% in 2012 IIRC. Some got rebates after posting millions in profit. How much lower you looking to go? That is already roughly ten points lower than any other G7 nation. Oh and they don't get slammed they get taxed. Instead of hiding it they should pay it.
He's not talking about changing the domestic rate. He's talking about taxing overseas profits when repatriating funds. We are the only country that does that.
Yes, this. Thanks for clarifying, jonessed.

1. Compulsory national service after high school
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Eh. Call it what you want. Encourage it. Incentivize it. And so on. I believe people that give of themselves to the country better appreciate where they live. It doesnt have to be military service. Volunteer at hospitals. Public Works.
"volunteer"?

Everywhere you look, Brazilian girls with nice plump asses wearing nothing but a thong, tank top and high heels. And 8 weeks of vacation.

I know a few companies are doing this in South Carolina with voc tech high schools, but how about co-op offered to high school kids? You know the kids who aren't college material.

More woodworking, less art class.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a few companies are doing this in South Carolina with voc tech high schools, but how about co-op offered to high school kids? You know the kids who aren't college material.

More woodworking, less art class.
We had co-op in my Michigan HS until the State added new graduation requirements a few years ago (college prep for everyone, even the disabled). We had to scrap co-op because it didn't meet college prep standards and we needed more math teachers to help the kids that needed like 5 years to get through geometry and algebra 2.

1. Lower incarceration rates (mostly for drug offenses)

2. Team handball

3. More of an appreciation for multilingualism .

Interesting that so many would post against the metric system. It's such a HUGE improvement over the English system, and I thought only truly ignorant folks would prefer feet/yards/miles and pounds/ounces to meters and kilograms.

American ignorance at it's best.

Interesting that so many would post against the metric system. It's such a HUGE improvement over the English system, and I thought only truly ignorant folks would prefer feet/yards/miles and pounds/ounces to meters and kilograms.

Somehow it doesn't sound right though: The Longest Meter

The Green Kilometer

Sixty Centimeters Under

Somehow it doesn't sound right though:The Longest Meter

The Green Kilometer

Sixty Centimeters Under
Pretty sure we'd get over it ;)

The Green Kilometer

Sixty Centimeters Under
one hundred and eighty centimeters under actually

What would switching to the metric system gain us?

Easier school work for our kids.

A measure is a measure. It's nice to have international standards, but conversions aren't exactly hard. It's not a big deal.

The Green Kilometer

Sixty Centimeters Under
Pretty sure we'd get over it ;)
Next you'll be suggesting computers switch from digital to decimal.

A measure is a measure. It's nice to have international standards, but conversions aren't exactly hard. It's not a big deal.
we're practically there since 2 liter soda bottles stuck.

Thread Summary: Basically if it's a change a typical Christian Conservative wouldn't want, it'd be good for America.
Well, the effing typical Christian Conservatives better catch up then. WTF is wrong with those people?
Well, there's the whole "We believe God gave us certain rules to live by, and we try to do so in spite of everyone else telling us we're wrong, because we feel God's will should take precedence over our own" argument. Granted, some of the things many so-called Christian Conservatives get hung up on are purely opinion, but some are things we feel we should stand up for.

we're practically there since 2 liter soda bottles stuck.
I prefer liter cola.

Users who are viewing this thread