What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bill Cosby needs a new Media Manager (and to stop raping) (2 Viewers)

Well that's a wrap Cos.....77 with boatloads of cash....time to ride off into the sunset!

I don't think I've ever seen such a lapse in time before the negative crushing PR wave.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, Is it rape to use one's celebrity to gain thetrust of ambitious young women, ply them with alcohol and roofies, and then sodomize them while they are unconscious?

What I'll never get tho is why Bill freaking Cosby would need to drug ppl for sex....

I'd think it would be thrown at him all day back then......

It only gives the allusion of guilt. The allusion of guilt is not guilt.

Many times celebrities settle these cases to limit bad publicity. I may be wrong but I understand that in the case of Jackson the kids latter came out and admitted the charges were trumped up by the parents.

What I'll never get tho is why Bill freaking Cosby would need to drug ppl for sex....

I'd think it would be thrown at him all day back then......
Maybe he got bored with all the women throwing themselves at him, so he decided to liven things up? Some people experiment with roleplay, other people experiment with raping...

Hannibal Burress is so funny. He even made this relatively serious segment funny if you watch the video.
He's one of my favorite comedians. I really like that he's not a typical "black comic" (e.g. black people are always late, stupid tough black-loud-guy-voice, grew up poor, etc. etc...type schtick).

In no order, my top five (not all time just guys that are hot right now):

Jim Gaffigan

Bill Burr

Hannibal Burress

Kevin Hart

Louis CK

So Don Lemon asked one of Cosby's accusers why she didn't bite his ding off. Seems to be going over pretty well.
:lmao:
I mean what on Earth possessed Lemon to ask that question. http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lemon-asks-alleged-cosby-rape-victim-why-she-didnt-bite-1660492075/+bubbaprog

He even goes out of his way to clarify what he is asking, it's bananas.

>> can i ask you this? and please, i don't mean to be crude, okay?
>> yeah.
>> you said this last night, that he — you lied to him and said i have an infection, and if you rape me, or if you do — if you have intercourse with me, then you will probably get it and give it to your wife.
>> right.
>> you said he made you perform oral sex.
>> right.
>> you — you know, there are ways not to perform oral sex if you didn't want to do it.
>> i was kind of stoned at the time, and quite honestly, that didn't even enter my mind. now i wish it would have.
>> right. meaning the using of the teeth, right?
>> yes.
>> i didn't even think of it.
>> biting.
>> ouch.
>> yes. i had to ask.
>> yes. no, it didn't cross my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I get the Cliff Notes on this. Am I understanding this correctly:

1. Cosby faces allegations of rape decades ago.

2. Years pass...crickets.

3. A comedian accuses Cosby of rape during a performance.

4. All hell breaks loose?

Am I missing something between 2 and 3?

Here's a basic timeline. I think a lot of people are wondering right now about how the allegations were mostly swept under the rug by the press. Ta-nehesi Coates wrote a nice piece lamenting that he didn't explore the issue further when he wrote about Cosby in 2007.

Social Media. HTH.

It only gives the allusion of guilt. The allusion of guilt is not guilt.

Many times celebrities settle these cases to limit bad publicity. I may be wrong but I understand that in the case of Jackson the kids latter came out and admitted the charges were trumped up by the parents.
One of the women who has come forward is a quasi-celebrity.

Social Media. HTH.
I thought the social media angle came out after number 3?

Hannibal Burress is so funny. He even made this relatively serious segment funny if you watch the video.
He's one of my favorite comedians. I really like that he's not a typical "black comic" (e.g. black people are always late, stupid tough black-loud-guy-voice, grew up poor, etc. etc...type schtick).

In no order, my top five (not all time just guys that are hot right now):

Jim Gaffigan

Bill Burr

Hannibal Burress

Kevin Hart

Louis CK
Burress is awesome on Broad City too

Waiting for this to work its way into the lexicon. Ex.- I have to go to the pharmacy for a morning after pill and then the cops right now. My blind date Cosbyed me last night.

Not sure. She's done all kinds of ####ty reality TV. She seems bipolar and alternates between snotty Diva and broken, psychotic woman.

I can see one or two women trying to profit off of something like this.

But if woman after woman comes out and accuses Cosby...that's not good. That's in fact, very damning.

The only possibility I can see is:

A) He's guilty

B) He was such a jerk that the women are all in it for the money and don't care about what it does to his character

There's really no possibility (that I can see) for a nice man to be accused of rape by a large group of women, and be not guilty.

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to stop thinking that women accuse men of rape for financial gain. I am not saying it has never happened or doesn't happen but it just isn't helpful. It contributes to women feeling that they can't report sexual assaults if people are going to attack their character, motives or sexually history in doing so. Yes there are cases where it happens for whatever reason but it generally just perpetuates a culture of victim shaming.

People need to stop thinking that women accuse men of rape for financial gain. I am not saying it has never happened or doesn't happen but it just isn't helpful. It contributes to women feeling that they can't report sexual assaults if people are going to attack their character, motives or sexually history in doing so. Yes there are cases where it happens for whatever reason but it generally just perpetuates a culture of victim shaming.
:goodposting:

It's unbelievably rare for lots of reasons, not the least of which is that it's not all that fun to be a person who accuses a public figure of sexual assault. Consider how many thousands and thousands of idiots loudly trash the woman from Kobe's Colorado encounter to this day. There's also the fact that nobody is going to pay off a false accusation to go away once it's been made public- at that point the damage is done and if you're innocent the only way to undo it is to fight it, not to pay to make it disappear. It's so unlikely that it's not even worth bringing up as a possibility considering the damage that does.

11 year old me is pretty despondent over Robin Williams and now this

Don Lemon seems like kind of a sack of #### and he's screwed up enough times I wonder how he has a job

11 year old me is pretty despondent over Robin Williams and now this

Don Lemon seems like kind of a sack of #### and he's screwed up enough times I wonder how he has a job
Yup same idiot who asked whether it was possible if the Malaysian flight flew into a blackhole.

Janice Dickinson doesn't look very good anymore. Kind of like she's going through the reverse Brucd Jenner

I want to see more of this robe everyone is talking about. Did it have a pocket full of tricks and treats?
Ted Kennedy used that move.

Sen. Edward Kennedy: A, uh.. another good thing is to get them out on your boat for some reason, because, uh.. because then it's really hard for them to get away.Sen. Joseph Biden: Do you have a question, Senator Kennedy?

Sen. Edward Kennedy: Uh, yes, I do. Have you ever tried coming out of the bathroom nude, and acting like you didn't know someone was there?

Judge Clarence Thomas: Uh.. no.

Sen. Edward Kennedy: Well, that's too bad. Because that works, too.
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/91/91cthomas.phtml

Janice Dickinson doesn't look very good anymore. Kind of like she's going through the reverse Brucd Jenner
She was on Botched not too long ago with Dr Paul Nassif and Dr Terry Dubrow to try and fix her mess. Now she's back again worrying about her temples caving in which all of ours do as we age, and is getting injections there. It doesn't stop with some people and she'll be looking MJ like if she keeps it up!

NBC and Netflix have dropped Cosby after Janice Dickinson come out. No more old Cosby shows now. :/
:(

That's a shame that Netflix will no longer carry The Cosby Show. I'll miss the one where Theo wants an expensive shirt to impress the ladies and Cliff sits Theo down an explains to him that when it comes to the ladies it's not about the cost of your clothes, but rather how much roofie you put in their drink. Just good wholesome family entertainment.

NBC and Netflix have dropped Cosby after Janice Dickinson come out. No more old Cosby shows now. :/
:(

That's a shame that Netflix will no longer carry The Cosby Show. I'll miss the one where Theo wants an expensive shirt to impress the ladies and Cliff sits Theo down an explains to him that when it comes to the ladies it's not about the cost of your clothes, but rather how much roofie you put in their drink. Just good wholesome family entertainment.
Don't worry. Once this is in the past again, the show will be back!

Users who are viewing this thread