What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Park City, Utah (1 Viewer)

jurb26

Footballguy
I'll be staying here for the next several days on work. Anyone got spots to try out?

What should I do, snowboard, ski, fly fish, snowmobile?

I'll be staying here for the next several days on work. Anyone got spots to try out?

I have a place there and can comment on most of the above.

Fly fish on one of the rivers off the Jordanelle reservoir near Heber.

The ski/snow board question depends on your ability and the amount of snow that falls over the weekend. I skied there over Thanksgiving and nothings fallen since.

Last edited by a moderator:

The ski/snow board question depends on your ability and the amount of snow that falls over the weekend. I skied there over Thanksgiving and nothings fallen since.
Thanks, ski/snow weather is going to be ####ty until at least Friday. It's like 50 right now. Bummer. Still I scoped out the town a little today and was impressed but unable explore.

Are Harry O's, Oh Shucks, or Cicero's still around? I used to get hammered in dem jernts.

If you like whiskey, the High West Distillery is a must. Really good food. Great whiskey. Take the distillery tour if you have the time.

The Dreaded Marco said:
If you like whiskey, the High West Distillery is a must. Really good food. Great whiskey. Take the distillery tour if you have the time.
Tried to get in this afternoon but the had a wedding party. I thought of crashing it but didn't have time.

Snow sucks right now. Heck, there might be some MTB trails still open.

If you're willing to make the ~hour drive the snow is better in the cottonwoods (Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton).

I second the High West recommendation.

I'm going to be in SLC in March, and have an opportunity to go snowboarding at Snowbird. The mountain sounds amazing, but...I've really only snowboarded on small resorts in Michigan, and everything I read says that Snowbird is not good for beginner/intermediates. I have been snowboarding on/off for 10-15 years, but figure only a few times a year on smallish hills, no mountain experience at all, so definitely would put myself in the early intermediate category.

Will I kill myself if I go, or have a miserable time, or is there enough there for me to challenge myself without getting too far over my head?

I'm going to be in SLC in March, and have an opportunity to go snowboarding at Snowbird. The mountain sounds amazing, but...I've really only snowboarded on small resorts in Michigan, and everything I read says that Snowbird is not good for beginner/intermediates. I have been snowboarding on/off for 10-15 years, but figure only a few times a year on smallish hills, no mountain experience at all, so definitely would put myself in the early intermediate category.

Will I kill myself if I go, or have a miserable time, or is there enough there for me to challenge myself without getting too far over my head?
I think you should be fine but you need to be cognizant of where you are on the mountain and your desired route down at all times. I took a group of friends there last year and a boarder with your ability fell and tore his tricep. I will see if I can post a pic or two if there's any interest. It was gnarly. Start slowly and figure out which runs you're comfortable with and remember a black/blue/green there doesn't necessarily translate to a black/blue/green at other hills. Snowbird is a great mountain. Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are Harry O's, Oh Shucks, or Cicero's still around? I used to get hammered in dem jernts.
Haven't heard of them but I am typically not a bar guy. No Name Saloon is the hot spot now.

You'll be fine. I learned to board at 28, and have gone on one annual trip with my wife's family every year since. I'm probably the same level you are. I'm fine on greens, and most blues and trails. I avoid blacks. ( :o not in a racist way).

We were in Utah last year, and Snowbird was one of my favorite places. Anything out that way is going to be "big" compared to Michigan, but it's "big" in terms of length. There are plenty of easy ways down.

Hey Maelstrom, if you have time to come further south in Utah County, let me know and I'll take you out to shoot real versions of some of those Battlefield guns. :yes:

I think you should be fine but you need to be cognizant of where you are on the mountain and your desired route down at all times. I took a group of friends there last year a boarder with your ability fell and tore his tricep. I will see if I can post a pic or two if there's any interest. It was gnarly. Start slowly and figure out which runs you're comfortable with and remember a black/blue/green there doesn't necessarily translate to a black/blue/green at other hills. Snowbird is a great mountain. Have fun.

You'll be fine. I learned to board at 28, and have gone on one annual trip with my wife's family every year since. I'm probably the same level you are. I'm fine on greens, and most blues and trails. I avoid blacks. ( :o not in a racist way).

We were in Utah last year, and Snowbird was one of my favorite places. Anything out that way is going to be "big" compared to Michigan, but it's "big" in terms of length. There are plenty of easy ways down.
Thanks, I was planning on it then I started researching Snowbird and started to get worried. This helps me feel a bit better that I'll find things to ride :thumbup:

I think you should be fine but you need to be cognizant of where you are on the mountain and your desired route down at all times. I took a group of friends there last year a boarder with your ability fell and tore his tricep. I will see if I can post a pic or two if there's any interest. It was gnarly. Start slowly and figure out which runs you're comfortable with and remember a black/blue/green there doesn't necessarily translate to a black/blue/green at other hills. Snowbird is a great mountain. Have fun.

Thanks, I was planning on it then I started researching Snowbird and started to get worried. This helps me feel a bit better that I'll find things to ride :thumbup:
If you're really worried, you can always hit up Brighton or Solitude which are the same distance from SLC and still world class resorts, but slightly more mellow.

Anyone know the name of the bar with 2x4s set up for Jenga? That place was pretty awesome.

I'd snowboard at Cannons. I hit that up when there and believe me. You won't regret it.

Anyone know the name of the bar with 2x4s set up for Jenga? That place was pretty awesome.

I'd snowboard at Cannons. I hit that up when there and believe me. You won't regret it.
Canyons?

It's warm here right now so the Cottonwood resorts (Snowbird/Solitude/Brighton) are going to be much better than the Park City ones (PCMR, Canyons, Deer Valley).

Gonna be Snowbird, conference I'm going to has a deal for tickets, rental and transportation with other conference-goers.

Man, that's a bummer about teh snow. When it's there, it's as good as any spot in the country/world.
General consensus is that Snowbird/Alta have better terrain and snow but are less convenient.

I've had a season's pass at Park City for the last 4 seasons and will likely switch to Alta next year even though it's 45 minutes away (at best) vs. 10 for PC, Canyons, Deer Valley. It's that much better.

Users who are viewing this thread