What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are condiments in the office fridge fair game? (1 Viewer)

Is it okay to help yourself to condiments in the office fridge?

• Yes

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • Depends/I don't know how to use null vote

Votes: 19 16.2%

• Total voters

Thorn

Footballguy
I'm assuming those of us who are not animals respect the societal rules against eating a co-worker's sandwich or drinking their Diet Pepsi.

But what about condiments? Bottle of ketchup in the fridge? Fancy mustard? Fair to dip into those without permission, or not?

ETA: condiments were brought to work by co-worker(s)

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the situation.

Our office has lunch catered on occasion...if the condiments were part of that lunch and are still in the fridge (salad dressing, mustard, whatever), I'll call it fair game. If there's something in the fridge and I have no idea where it came from - not fair game, IMO.

Depends. Is it always the same person that brings it or is it provided by the workplace? If people just replace it whenever it runs out and take turns then it should be fair game IMO.

I used to bring liquid creamer for coffee and didn't really care who in our office used it...until everyone kept using it and no one ever replaced it except me. I now have powdered creamer I keep at my desk.

sure you can steal from someone but who in the hell knows who did what with those condiments i guess if you want to use something stinky steve from the front office might have stuck in his armpit just for giggles you go with your bad self me i am not eating stinky steves pit juice nope just not happening happy dining tho brohan take that to the bank

I'd say for occasional use yes. "Crap, no Ketchup, lucky someone has some"

But not something you should be in the habit of doing. And if it is something special/expensive or if it is almost empty than hands off

I am not sure what an expensive condiment someone would store in the office fridge would be though...

My office has two fridges, one has personal items and the other is office ordered.

I've been on the short end of this one and left some hot sauce in the pantry. It was gone one day when I wanted it. From that point forward, I've kept personal bought hot sauce in my desk.

If we only had one fridge, as someone who has been on the wrong side of this one, I'd still say condiments are fair game.

sure you can steal from someone but who in the hell knows who did what with those condiments i guess if you want to use something stinky steve from the front office might have stuck in his armpit just for giggles you go with your bad self me i am not eating stinky steves pit juice nope just not happening happy dining tho brohan take that to the bank
I thought this was going to go a different direction than armpit. I wouldn't put that past some employees here.

How do you even get condiments into your armpit and then back in the bottle? Seems like a lot of effort.

How do you even get condiments into your armpit and then back in the bottle? Seems like a lot of effort.
is a stick of butter a condiment? it would work for a stick of butter

although, i would think the pit hairs and misshapen stick would make it pretty obvious

it goes without saying that and condiments covered in hair are free game but should be avoided

is a stick of butter a condiment? it would work for a stick of butter

although, i would think the pit hairs and misshapen stick would make it pretty obvious

it goes without saying that and condiments covered in hair are free game but should be avoided
Right. Let's stick with condiments we are looking to exploit.

I wouldn't care if it was mine, but unless it has been addressed and everybody is cool with it, not without asking. If you didn't put it there, it is not yours.

i think people should start posting pictures of themselves at the office fridge with condiments under their arm pits

I thought this was going to go a different direction than armpit. I wouldn't put that past some employees here.
you know life is twists and turns but i will tell you this brohans if it ever gets to the point that you are stealing kechup just stop and think about what got you to a point in life that you are stealing kechup it seems little but just think about it you are stealing kechup if it has come to that time for some changes because man there is a lot more out there to life than stealing kechup take that to the bank

you know life is twists and turns but i will tell you this brohans if it ever gets to the point that you are stealing kechup just stop and think about what got you to a point in life that you are stealing kechup it seems little but just think about it you are stealing kechup if it has come to that time for some changes because man there is a lot more out there to life than stealing kechup take that to the bank
how about stealing Arby's sauce?

i get ketchup, i can go to the Piggly Wiggly and buy me some ketchup (or catsup if I am really down on my luck) but Arby's sauce is a commodity in lmited supply. Sometimes when the kid at Arby's short changes me on my sauce i need to find some, and if someone has a few packets in the fridge, or on their desk, or in their desk drawer, is it so wrong to take them?

Arby's sauce longs to be consumed on low quality beef. It is the sauce's destiny!!!

how about stealing Arby's sauce?

i get ketchup, i can go to the Piggly Wiggly and buy me some ketchup (or catsup if I am really down on my luck) but Arby's sauce is a commodity in lmited supply. Sometimes when the kid at Arby's short changes me on my sauce i need to find some, and if someone has a few packets in the fridge, or on their desk, or in their desk drawer, is it so wrong to take them?

Arby's sauce longs to be consumed on low quality beef. It is the sauce's destiny!!!
brohan i am not trying to be mean but in the karma scheme of things there is no difference between kechup and arby sauce except maybe some pepper and if you are hanging your immortal soul and balance in the universe on some pepper you guessed it it is time to sit down and think about where you are and where you are going look i like you and i laugh at your stuff but sometimes you just gotta walk away from the frige and live a better life take that to the bank brochachio ps i agree about the law quality beef stuff

I picked yes but would really only do it for basic ketchup/mustard. I wouldn't use someones fancy mustard or stuff like cream cheese.

If i find catsup in the fridge i'll throw it out and put a good bottle of Ketchup in its place with a note that says "You're welcome"

My wife brings in a half gallon of milk for her morning coffee, but it is consistently gone the same day as everyone else in the office uses it too (and no one else will bring any in). Any suggestions?

My wife brings in a half gallon of milk for her morning coffee, but it is consistently gone the same day as everyone else in the office uses it too (and no one else will bring any in). Any suggestions?
buy a 1/2 gallon

leave at home for a week past the date, preferably on the counter

take the 1/2 gallon in

watch

I worked at one place where a lady accused a co-worker of using her salt shaker. There were only 4 people in the office and two did not use salt. Said that the shaker usually lasted her a year but it was almost empty after 6 months.

I worked at one place where a lady accused a co-worker of using her salt shaker. There were only 4 people in the office and two did not use salt. Said that the shaker usually lasted her a year but it was almost empty after 6 months.
mice

I'm assuming those of us who are not animals respect the societal rules against eating a co-worker's sandwich or drinking their Diet Pepsi.

But what about condiments? Bottle of ketchup in the fridge? Fancy mustard? Fair to dip into those without permission, or not?

those definately, salad dressing, BBQ sauce, salsa, etc. no way

There's a difference? Salsa sure, but the others?

Large bottles of condiments, we'd presume is fair game.

Creamer, hummus, or other items that are reasonably consumed by one person before they go bad or under a few months, stay away unless you know it's cool.

ok since no one wants pit pictures

go to your office fridge right now and find the oddest/most unique/ most unexpected condiment that is not yours

GO!

sounds like a lot of thieves in here are trying to come up with a lot of rules to justify there crimes to me bromigos

Arm pit. Seems like the obvious answer.

Of course you can grab the ketchup. If you're worried about your ketchup don't put it in the communal fridge. Just yesterday I found a 6 inch meatball sub from subway in the communal fridge. Delicious! I would have ordered it without onions, but I'm not picky.

If its in the fridge and you didn't buy it, leave it alone. If its in a cabinet/drawer or out in the open on a counter/table its fair game. Obviously left over company-bought items are meant to be shared by all.

I brought in the normal kitchen sized bottle of ketchup for my office and I am OK with people sharing it, but my answer is maybe because it all depends on the size of the office and number of people coming by to glom the free stuff. I work in a small office and we all bring in things as need be.

:lmao:

Wait a minute... my wife would have a conniption-fit here..... refrigerated ketchup? I would be chastised for doing such a thing in my house.

brohans just for fun go and buy the biggest thing of kechup you can i mean like one of those full haas barrell things with a spigot on it and put it in the frige with a note on it that says for personal use only just to see what people do take that to the bank bromigos

There's a difference? Salsa sure, but the others?

Large bottles of condiments, we'd presume is fair game.

Creamer, hummus, or other items that are reasonably consumed by one person before they go bad or under a few months, stay away unless you know it's cool.
Sure: what is mustard 1.50, ketchup about the same. Salad dressing can be expensive and i buy the kind i like - stay away. also, if i bring in sweet baby ray's keep you grimy mitt's off of it. Hot sauce i could care less (i get my supply from chipotle anyhow), but actual salsa no way.

tell her to put her name on it with a note that says it's not your ####### milk

As for the milk situation, this week she actually started putting the milk in a thermos and storing it in a fridge for nursing mothers. That left more milk available for her, but people that saw her adding it to coffee or that know she is not nursing still used some. Someone actually saw her put it in the fridge and then immediately went in to use it. She confronted the guy, who said anything in the fridge is fair game to anyone. Is that standard protocol these days (I don't work in an office)?

Users who are viewing this thread