What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 3 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Final Product

QB - Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford

RB - Eddie Lacey, Bishop Sankey, Terrence West, Ronnie Hillman, Darren McFadden

WR - Sammy Watkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills, Marqis Lee, Sammie Coatees ®, Riley Cooper

TE - Travis Kelce, Vernon Davis

K - Nick Novak, Seabass Janikowski

D - Baltimore, Minnesota

I Like this squad a decent amount, could have issues at RB2, but everyone will .
Interested to see what happens with Bradford, but you really won't need him. You could really struggle finding a RB2 score each week and if Lacy has a bad week, Luck better go off. I like Stills as a part of this group, no bona fide big pop #1 unless Watkins cranks it up, but some reception guys here which will always keep you in the hunt. Solid TE especially if Davis comes back strong. This team leaning heavily on Luck and Lacy. As a KC fan I hope Kelce is allowed to take over some games and if Reid cuts him lose he will will really help this team.
thanks for the input Ref.

I always roll weak at RB2, thats just how I do it, and its a succesful formula.

Im really high on Kelce this year, kid should be huge this coming year

Sankey should get the chance to get more playing time, and West was just as productive as Crowell. Cleveland brass loves the RBBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can i get a breakdown of my first draft.

qb brees bortles

rb charles crowell vereen ivory

wr benjamin wallace cooper greenbeckham austin

te miller donnell

k prater nugent

d carolina
Brees/Bortles really nice combo IMO, I think Bortles has some nice weapons and may score for you more than some think. I like your RB's more than most will because I think Vereen is solid in this format and Ivory slightly underrated, they along with Crowell give you a nice shot at two scores each week with Charles being Charles. Not sure how the draft broke for you, but Davis would have been a must add for me even if you had to get him ealrier than you wanted. Davis has some stand alone value let alone Charles insurance. Charles can take a beating, but you never know. Looks like you added Blue and Cobb at RB later.....and Wright at WR....not sure Cobb was neccessary, but like Blue pick. Cobb maybe should have been a WR or TE3. Agree that WR is a concern, but it's hard not to have a weak spot. Cooper could make or break this group. Miller always underrated and not sure where Donnell will be playing. Maybe could have used more pop here in 2 PPR TE league or maybe another body instead of Cobb (Rb late). good luck

Stinkin Ref said:
Cam Newton

Jameis Winston

Mark Ingram

Todd Gurley

Charles Sims

Damien Williams

James White

Odell Beckham

TY Hilton

John Brown

Stedman Bailey

Marvin Jones

Paul Richardson

(Josh Gordon)

Dwayne Allen

Eric Ebron

San Fran D/ST

Titans D/ST

Cairo Santos

Shayne Graham
Hard to comment here with so much invested in rookies and some unproven guys. Like two picks Beckham/HIlton, but hard to get inspired by much else. Jones coming off of foot injury and Richardson shredded a previously injured knee and may not play, meaning Bailey and Brown might really need to step it up for you. I'm not so sure Sanu concedes the WR2 role back to Jones as easliy as some may think, quite honestly I will be surprised if that happens. I will be looking to target Sanu in some drafts if that continues to be the vibe. Not a huge fan of what you did here, you may be doing the dance on the cut line most weeks.
I fully expect this to be one of my worst showings. Tried a different approach, one that apparently included throwing away my third round pick. don't like the team at all.

While I like (or at the very least don’t mind) a lot of these players individually, I look at them collectively and think wtf. I really only liked my first 2 picks in Calvin and AJ. After that, I didn’t feel anyone was really falling to me, next group of players were in big tiers or I just basically picked out of need. These team needs to realize its potential to survive. More likely it’s out early (and then the potential will kick in).

5.15 Ryan Tannehill, QB13 MIA

6.02 Jay Cutler, QB16 CHI

QBs went earlier in this league and forced my hand at the 5/6 turn. Nothing fancy but these 2 paired well last year averaging 32 pts/week at the position. Hoping Tannehill can repeat/improve on last year’s numbers – if Wallace stays and Tannehill can improve on the deep ball, it could be big year for him. Cutler is Cutler and is a great best ball player. He’ll throw up turds as well as big games…where ever he is (most likely stays in Chicago). B+

3.15 Latavius Murray, RB14 OAK

4.02 Carlos Hyde, RB15 SF

10.02 Devonta Freeman, RB38 ATL

12.02 Duke Johnson, RB53, ROOK

18.02 Christine Michael, RB64, SEA

Oof. Things are bad when your 5 RBs combine for career totals of only 282-1259-7. They all have a chance to be a starter and/or see a major uptick in production…the potential better pay off here or I’ll be out quickly. I really wanted Gore in the 9th to help mitigate some risk but Ref foiled that plan. Decided to go with risk/upside picks in Freeman and Duke, who both seem to be in the Gio/Ellington mold. Michael seemed to be good upside value with the Lynch indecision (though I expect Lynch to be back with Seattle). Thought about going with a 3rd TE instead of Michael and I’m still not sure if this was the right choice or not. D+ (for now –if Murray/Hyde are starters and Freeman/Duke get increased snaps, then this can improve to a B)

1.15 Calvin Johnson, WR6 DET

2.02 AJ Green, WR8 CIN

8.02 Doug Baldwin, WR48, SEA

9.15 Kevin White, WR56 ROOK

11.15 Eddie Royal, WR65, SD/FA

19.15 Miles Austin, WR99 CLE/FA

20.02 Rod Streater, WR101 OAK

CJ and AJ were easy picks and will serve as every week starters. I like to pick 1 or 2 rookies just for some excitement and hopefully White goes somewhere useful and can continue the rookie WR performances of last year. Don’t really like the Baldwin pick – probably should have gone RB or TE. Didn’t realize Royal was a FA. He’ll have value in SD, as he’s carved out a role there. Anywhere else and I fear his stats tumble….so then tried to get some steady eddies in Austin and Streater…someone who can get 10-12 pts/wk. Need to rely on CJ/AJ, as the others don’t have huge upside week to week. B+

7.15 Jordan Cameron, TE12, CLE/FA

16.02 Richard Rodgers, TE29, GB

Should have focused more on this position earlier. The good – Cameron won’t be in Cleveland. The bad – don’t know where it’s going to be and if he’ll be healthy. Rodgers should beat out Quarless and if Cobb goes, he could see a uptick in targets. Player with ARod can make anyone fantasy worthy at some point. My TEs are like my RBs. Don’t know what I’m going to get but the potential is there. C

14.02 Dan Bailey, PK6 DAL

15.15 Phil Dawson, PK24, SF

13.15 Arizona Cardinals, DST11

17.15 New York Jets, DST26

PK and Defenses. Who know but I got 2 of both. B

QB Joe Flacco. Eli Manning, EJ Manuel

I am good with this duo. Not what I hoped for but the 5th round run screwed up all my plans. Rivers, Stafford, Big Ben to pair with Flacco would have been better. I did take Manuel with last pick as another flyer. Did not see too much use anywhere else so go for broke.He starts and it could be nice bonus points

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Melvin Gordon.Darrin Sproles, TJ Yelden

I think Lynch is back and Gordon will have the biggest impact as rookie with the hands. Sproles will give me pts each week with his PPR. Yelden hopefully gets some carries and TD's. I dont mind the rookie thing here. I did not grab another and really hoping on the rookies now. That could be a big problem for this team but I do really like both of these rookies.

WR: Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, Michael Crabtree, Marcus Wheaton, Jaelen Strong, M|arlon Brown

Really like my 1-2-3 especially Crabtree where I got him. Wheaton is a good young WR but will he do more with Bryant also coming on. STrong is the type of WR that could come in and play like a Jarvis Landry a year ago. Brown like Hurns for Ref might give me some insurance in Baltimore. I like the kid and think he can get some TD's.

TE: Kyle Rudolph, Austin Sefrani-Jenkins, Crockett Gilmore

2 young talented but injured guys. This could help or kill me. I guess wait and see but the talent is there to help. I seem to be heavy now on Baltimore and that could hurt also but at 2 PPR and with Pitta hip issue, in year 2 he might see more action and give me a bonus

D: Green Bay, San Deigo

I was hoping for SL to drop to me but will suffice with GB for now. My plan was to go D/PK with last 2 picks but tons of D still out there and none stuck out so grabbed Strong. Glad I waited on the 2nd one as I like SD also to maybe get to the QB with Attouchu and Ingram.

PK: Tucker, Succop

I was disappointed again here with the run coming earlier than I thought where I was going to try to start it. But got left behind. Zeurlein was the guy I was hoping to get but at least I know Succop will have a job and at a certain point, this does not happen at the PK position. A few guys drafted ahead would be in that category and I will go safe over the team. Tucker is always a stud.

Overall i like what I did here. Couple of runs did not leave me with was expected. Only thing i regret is holding you guys up at the start.

QB: Nick Foles (6.15)

Alex Smith (7.02)

QB run started earlier than I would have guessed. Most teams will have a better starter, and Smith is medium floor, low ceiling QB. I like Foles potential and see him being drafted around QB10-12 come August. Considered Hundley in the 20th, could see him playing in BUF, NYJ, or CLE in 2015

Overall grade: C-

RB: Matt Forte (1.02)

Ryan Matthews (8.15)

Reggie Bush (10.15)

Ahmad Bradshaw (11.02)

Jeremy Langford (20.15)

Forte was one of 4 RBs I really felt were locks, his TDs were low this season, and I figured he had the highest floor of the RBs due to his involvement in the passing game. Didnn’t draft another RB until laate 8th – Ryan Matthews. Hope he stays in SD – but could be a part of a RBBC somewhere. Bush and Bradshaw have enough talent to get on the field. Should have decent RB2BC between Matthews, Bush, and Bradshaw. Langford is a hail mary, feels like he could do something.

Overall grade: C+

WR: Jeremy Maclin (2.15)

DeAndre Hopkins (3.02)

Martavis Bryant (4.15)

Roddy White (5.02)

Tyler Lockett (18.15)

Taylor Gabriel (19.02)

Spent picks 2-5 on this group. Seems like I should be more excited about them. Like all the picks – don’t love any of them. Took a big break between WR4-5.

Overall Grade: B

TE: Charles Clay (9.02)

Maxx Williams (16.15)

Ladarius Green (17.02)

I actually like this group for where I got them. Clay was very involved in the MIA passing game and I think he stays there. Williams is a borderline 1st rounder and 1st round TEs see the field early. Last season Green was drafted around, and sometimes before, Antonio Gates. Gates is a year older – seems like value in the 17th.

Overall Grade: D+

DST: Lions (12.15)

Chiefs (13.02)

PK: Connor Barth (14.15)

Greg Zuerlein (15.02)

QB - Ryan, Mariota

RB - Morris, Martin, Starks, Abdullah, Brown

WR - Brown, Mathews, Cruz, Colston, Bowe, Dorsett, Agholor

TE - Olsen, Amaro

K - Brown, Gould

D - Bengals, Jags

More rookies than I normally like to take, but I was not on top of this draft like usual. Overall, I have mixed feelings about this team.

Apologies to all for my numerous delays throughout the draft. I would not have signed up if I had known that everything was going to happen.

1.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dez Bryant, WR2 DAL

2.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Jeremy Hill, RB10 CIN

3.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Martellus Bennett, TE5 CHI

4.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Andre Ellington, RB19 ARI

5.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Ben Roethlisberger, QB9 PIT

6.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Colin Kaepernick, QB19, SF

Took the approach of getting a stud WR, 2 strong Top 20 RBs and a Top 5 TE.

Added 2 QBs at a position where things get sketchy after 22-25 guys go off the board.

Chosen shortfall (as you must choose one in 16-team leagues) is WR. I think WR is very deep and that I can recover from it. Time (and the next several rounds) will tell.
7.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Steve Smith, WR44, BAL

8.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Charles Johnson, WR51, MIN

9.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Legarrette Blount, RB35 NEP

10.08 Jeff Pasquino -- James Jones, WR59, OAK

Loaded up on WR depth, as you might expect after taking just Dez in first 6 rounds. Gives me 4 reasonable options that can all find the end zone and are the most consistent targets on their respective teams (as of December).

Was slightly sniped on Vereen vs. Blount (Vereen better in PPR as we saw Sunday) but Blount is the TD guy, so he's still worth a RB3 pick.

Definitely sniped on J. Blackmon - nice pick - and if it wasn't for being in WSL3 (trailing the other drafts) he might have lasted. Oh well, I still don't know if Goodell will reinstate him after a Mary Jane arrest last July (he has to be clean for a year, according to the reinstatement policy). We'll see, but I think he will be in Stage 3 and not back until around October. He's a WR1 when active though, so worth a gamble. If he gets reinstated for Week 1, he will be a Top 40 pick for sure, so worth a pick this late.

My team is OK - not loving the WRs, but still the goal is not to win every week, just not be last.
11.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Mohamed Sanu, WR63, CIN

12.08 Jeff Pasquino -- New England Patriots DST5

Added first defense and a WR5.

Wanted depth at WR, and grabbed the last WR that had at least 5 TDs last season, which is a big factor for me. I think Sanu had more targets than Green.
13.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Cody Parkey, PK3 PHI

14.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Theo Riddick, RB57 DET

15.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dennis Pitta, TE28, BAL

16.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Kai Forbath, PK26 WAS

Last 4 picks - 2 kickers, including a Top 5, and both have a solid job. Gotta like that.

I think both Theo Riddick and Dennis Pitta were solid values, but Pitta's very health dependent of course.

Very surprised to see Riddick still there in Round 14 - and more importantly, at RB57. Are there really 56 RBs with more upside than Riddick?

4 Picks to go.

17.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dallas Cowboys D/ST22

18.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Devin Funchess, WR89(TE?), ROOK

19.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Devin Smith, WR97 ROOK

20.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Breshad Perriman, WR103 ROOK

Wrapped up my WSL draft with a solid D/ST2 with an unlikely bye week issue, then followed up with 3 lottery tickets of players that should go in the Top 100, if not the first round of the NFL draft. Always fun to grab 2-3 rookies in these and see how they pan out come the draft. Given the state of the league, passing games and how rookies can come on strong in a rookie season (especially in the 2nd half of the year) I like these shots. RBs are more of a gamble unless they are a Rd1 pick, which rarely happens anymore with less value put on RB by today's offenses.

Team breakdown comes next.

Quarterbacks:

Being in the middle of the draft and knowing how these flows, I knew Rounds 5-7 would be the QB/QB plan here - probably Rds 5 and 6. I was OK with that and glad to get such a strong QB2 in Kaepernick, who I think the team will finally re-build the offense around. I think this might be the best QB pair in WSL3. Grade: A+

Running Backs:

Rds 1&2 were challenging, and I am not sure if Hill + Dez is better than DeMarco and whatever WR I would have had at 2.08 - but I think that Hill is a solid RB1 ooption in a 16-team league. Ellington was a steal in Round 4, especially in PPR. Blount is a decent RB3 and good value in Round 9. I was amazed Theo Riddick made it all the way to RB57/Round 14. With that value pick of Riddick I felt good with only 4 RBs. I don't expect Reggie Bush back in Detroit. I like this group, even with just four of them. Grade: B/B+

Wide Receivers:
1.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dez Bryant, WR2 DAL
7.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Steve Smith, WR44, BAL

Dez Bryant is a strong WR1 and led the league in TDs in 2014, a major factor in best ball. Steve Smith will be back as the WR1 for Baltimore and a solid WR2 option, and I think he represented solid value in Round 7 at WR44. Many good WRs went in Rounds 8-10 and I couldn't grab them all, but glad to get solid value in the middle of this draft. Loading up on WRs in Rounds 7-11 was always the plan here as I bailed on WR in favor of RB/QB/TE in Rounds 2-6. I think the depth was reasonable, and James Jones and M. Sanu are solid WR4 and WR5 options. Added 2 rookie WRs (not discussing Funchess as I think he's more TE than WR, we'll see). First - Devin Smith has "take the top off of a defense" speed - which translates to a HR hitter to contribute when he hits that HR and scores. Perriman (Brett's son) has been recently considered a first round prospect with Julio Jones-type ball skills, which sounds good to me in Round 20. I like this group, although I'm sure that there are better WR1-3 groups in the league. Grade: B/B-

I love Bennett as a Top 5 TE and TE1 here, so a third round pick was worth it to me. Chicago favors the passing game and Bennett's a huge target. Pitta's a big gamble, but he's my TE2, not my TE1 and has solid upside. I think Funchess is a "move" TE and could add some value, but it is unreasonable to expect much from rookie TEs. Grade: C

Kickers and defenses - In my study of 13 years of bye weeks (soon to be published, when I get to it), NE and DAL have never shared a bye week - remarkable. I also love both of their defenses in general, and I like their ability to create sacks, turnovers and big plays. At kicker, same deal on byes - PHI and WASH never have shared a bye week in 13 years. Throw in that Parkey was a Top 5 kicker last year and that Forbath should have no threats to his job, and I like both of these guys. I'd give them A grades if they weren't both in cold weather spots (or in a dome) and if they had Red Zone issues, but Philly scores enough that it shouldn't matter. Grade: A

Overall I think this was a solid effort, as it should be with experience in these and a draft spot in the middle. The only questions I had was to go WR/RB or RB/WR but either was a decent starting shot. Pitta and the rooks are gambles with big upside. If Pitta and a rookie perform well enough to contribute, this team could win it all.

Cam Newton

Jameis Winston

- If Cam stays healthy, should be alright but who knows what Winston will do. Lots of risk here. C-

Thought about, and probably would have been better off had I gone with taking Derek Anderson in the 20th and not taking Winston. Risked the one week bye.

Mark Ingram

Todd Gurley

Charles Sims

Damien Williams

James White

- More risk here. If Gurley is healthy enough and Ingram either stays in NO or heads to a team that uses his skills, should be alright. Sims should be at least a decent receiving back, Williams and White are fliers. C

Odell Beckham

TY Hilton

John Brown

Stedman Bailey

Marvin Jones

Paul Richardson

(Josh Gordon)

- Timing couldn't have been worse with Gordon. Otherwise though, I actually like this group a lot. Aside from Brown and Bailey all of the guys I'm expecting to play this year have good QBs, Brown's isn't bad if healthy. (Jones' QB is average but at least he can get the ball to his receivers) B

Dwayne Allen

Eric Ebron

- Ebron could blow up or not. Allen is steady. B

San Fran D/ST

Titans D/ST

- Meh. C

Cairo Santos

Shayne Graham

- Assuming Graham returns, should be solid. B

Perhaps my worst effort in a WSL. But, a few breaks the right way and who knows? Would be a pretty good team in a dynasty startup.
Hi FUBAR,

I appreciate the involvement in the WSL and the honest assessment. Have to agree, not the best effort I've seen you do here. What would you do different with 20/20 hindsight?

Hate to pile on, but I think "B" at TE might be a tad generous as well.

Graham was a solid K pick as I think he just re-signed. Great value late.

Final Product

QB - Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford

Good 1-2 punch. Love Luck. If Bradford gives you a decent bye week cover and maybe 1-2 other good scores, could be an A. Give it A- for now.

RB - Eddie Lacey, Bishop Sankey, Terrence West, Ronnie Hillman, Darren McFadden

RB2 does look pretty weak here - need Sankey to step up. Might have added Starks for RB1 insurance. B-

WR - Sammy Watkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills, Marqis Lee, Sammie Coatees ®, Riley Cooper

Thought about Cooper late, but PHI just doesn't throw a ton of TDs, and Cooper had just 3 TDs I believe - and that's with Matthews as the WR3. Cooper was the worst NFL WR2 graded out by PFF, IIRC. Your Top 4 look solid, hope for good bye week separation. Lee and Coates could help some. Don't see a huge WR1 though. Need Fitz and Landry to get TDs. B.

TE - Travis Kelce, Vernon Davis

Very solid. B+/A-

K - Nick Novak, Seabass Janikowski

Solid. B+/A-

D - Baltimore, Minnesota

I don't think BAL/MIN have ever shared a bye either. A-

I Like this squad a decent amount, could have issues at RB2, but everyone will .
Solid squad, RB2 and WR depth/upside could present problems - but Top half of WSL3 I think. Solid effort.

Stinkin Ref:

3.10 Peyton Manning QB(5) DEN

11.10 Ryan Mallett QB(29)

Mannings' back and even with some decline he should still keep me in the mix week to week. Not sure what will happen with Mallett, but I think the talent is there and he is one of the best 32 QB's so hopefully he wins a job. Picked him way too early and that could come back to bite me. Heck he might not even start. Really wonder what I could have done different with that pick in the long run. Big speed bump for me on what I thought was going pretty good at the time. If he becomes a starter I really like the combo, if not, I need Peyton to carry me a little. I think I have some points elsewhere to help cover him when needed, and I think he can still have those monster weeks where he can carry this team.

Jeff's comments - Solid QB1 for sure, as long as he stays healthy (which has to be a question at his age and medical history). Mallett is a decent QB2 and good WR targets. Grade - B/B+

1.10 DeMarco Murray RB(6)

2.07 Adrian Peterson RB(9)

9.10 Frank Gore RB(36)

19.10 Marcel Reece RB OAK

20.07 DeAnthony Thomas RB KC

Started the draft off with 2 RB's which is a little strange for me but doing so allowed me to pass on the position after that. Many teams will struggle to get RB2 points and/or two solid scores. I won't be immune but think I'll be ok. I anticipate both of my top two guys playing massive roles somewhere. Gore was a little insurance added in the 9th, he finished strong and is a really good all around football player who will find work. At the end of the draft I decided just to add some bodies here that might help out when needed. Reece is another solid all around football player, who will hopefully be used more by the new coaching staff. That was mostly a PPR pick and I am hoping he gets enough receptions to make it worth it. I watched Thomas a bunch last year and I think he is in line to see an increase in touches in Reid's offense. He is a playmaker and KC can use some of those. What's nice about Thomas is his role seems more like a WR than a RB in KC so the PPR thing will help here. I looked at the RB's left and felt he offered the most big play best ball value. With 2 studs at the top, the last two picks may have been a little overkill but hopefully allows me to gain a little advantage at RB2 should I ever need it.

Jeff - as you know, was torn on DeMarco in Rd 1. Murray / ADP could be a steal, and with you grabbing them / drafting them like that I probably would not have gone for 5 RBs. Gore was a solid value. Reece good in PPR, but never seems to play enough. Again, first 2 guys could easily carry you, so I would have added a WR or TE for depth - but I can't fault you for grabbing D. Thomas. Grade = B, A if ADP returns to form (and then A+)

4.07 Julian Edelman WR(25) NE

5.10 Vincent Jackson WR(33) TB

7.10 Eric Decker WR(45) NYJ

10.07 Justin Blackmon WR(58) JAC

12.07 Justin Hunter WR(68) TEN

13.10 Kenny Britt WR(73)

18.07 Allen Hurns WR (88) JAC

Liked snagging Hurns late to add to this group. Edelman should be solid again no matter what happens in NE. Jackson will still see targets even with Evans becoming the lead dawg. Decker should offer some week to week consistency. Blackmon is my swing pick, could really help or be a donut. I'm still buyin on Hunter while others are sellin. Britt may turn in to a steady professional after all. And Hurns was solid last year and will probably score for me more than some of the others. I'm a little concerned about the QB situations of these guys, but hoping talent overcomes any deficiency there. Had I not been able to add Hurns, I might have added an 8th WR here.

Jeff - Now I see you have 7 WRs, which is solid with 20 picks. Not in love with Decker, but almost rolled the dice myself on Blackmon, who could be a steal and explode. Balanced out that risk with Hurns. Good upside with Britt and Hunter. Could be a very strong group. I give it a B for now, but has strong upside and could outperform that grade.

6.07 Jason Witten TE(8) DAL

8.07 Jordan Reed TE(15) WAS

As a 1-2 punch I am pretty happy here. It feels a little like throwing darts after Gronk/Graham for some reason. Think I can ham an egg a decent score most weeks. Almost added a third here but felt really comfortable with these two so I didn't feel forced to cover them with a third body. Being pretty solid at QB/RB/TE through 8 rounds I think allowed me to gobble up some value elsewhere. I'll take the price on this combo in every one of these survivors and be happy.

Jeff - I don't trust Reed, and I don't think he's back in WASH. Witten was losing targets to Escobar, but I have loved him for years - he's like the Frank Gore of TEs - he just keeps going and going. Reed's the wild card here and I don't know who else was available, but I might have foregone Reece for Niles Paul just in case Reed gets suspended again. Also some aging veteran downside. Grade: B- due to big downside risk.

14.07 Chandler Catanzaro PK(10) ARZ

15.10 Caleb Sturgis PK(21) MIA

Two young solid guys who should have jobs on lockdown. Play in decent weather.

Jeff - solid options at PK, nothing big to write home about. Catanzaro is underrated. Grade: B+/A-.

16.07 IND DST

17.10 CHI DST

Who the heck knows.

Defense - neither defense has much to offer, and I don't recall many big plays or scoring from either (but I'm not checking right now). I think these are two bottom-half defenses, but you got 2 and who knows on a given week. Grade: C.

Overall: I avoid rolling the dice on rookies in most survivors, especially WSL. I think I am pretty solid everywhere except maybe QB2, but that could change. Some risk reward at WR mixed in with some stability. Trio of Blackmon, Hunter, Britt could make or break this group. If those guys outplay their draft position as I expect them to, I could be a tough out. I kinda like how the puzzle came together here, which means I'm probably in line for an early exit. I apologize for the timeouts, usually not an issue for me, but the timing got me and it snow balled after that. I'll try not to let it happen again. Enjoyed it. Good luck. Have fun.

:banned:

Jeff - One change I'd have made would be to take Niles Paul instead of M. Reece to backup Reed. If Witten shows his age and Reed is suspended, you got nada at TE, which is a big deal in 2 PPR leagues. QB and RB are leading efforts, WR has good upside. Defense not great, but not a big deal. Overall a B grade with lots of uncertainty with some age and risky names for sure. Could win, could go out early.

QB - Palmer, RG3

Below average pair with big upside. Grade D-

Jeff - Not a fan of RG3. I think this is the last go-around of the RG3 experience, and Palmer's going to get hurt again more than likely. Could be a bad group with two major downside risk players. At least they both start Week 1. Grade: D.

RB - Bell, Spiller, Davis, Ball, P. Thomas

Got the consensus number one back. Should be able to cobble together a second score with the other four. Huge upside. Grade B+

Jeff - Solid group and PT was a solid pick. B+ is fair.

WR - Sanders, Floyd, Adams, Williams, Amendola, Carter, Hill

7 guys with no consistency week to week. Feels like an average group although the performance will be up and down all year. Grade C

Jeff - Agreed on the assessment. One week with more "downs" than "ups" and you could be hosed. C.

TE - Thomas, Cook

Grade C+ on name recognition. Could flame out big time

A bit harsh as Thomas has big upside. In the right spot he's Top 5. B+

K - Bullock

Saw value elsewhere so I only took one. Grade F

Jeff - Ouch. D.

D - Denver, Oakland, New Orleans

Should cover my K weakness. Grade A

Jeff - Wouldn't go 3 D if I had 1 K. But yes, A.

Not one of my better efforts. I like most of the picks on their own, but it doesn't seem to come together as a team. An 80 pt effort early in the year will doom this team.

Jeff - Agreed. You know how to do these for sure, but I'm curious what you'd change. Bell had to be your first pick. What start would you do instead if you didn't like the turnout here?

Cam Newton

Jameis Winston

- If Cam stays healthy, should be alright but who knows what Winston will do. Lots of risk here. C-

Thought about, and probably would have been better off had I gone with taking Derek Anderson in the 20th and not taking Winston. Risked the one week bye.

Mark Ingram

Todd Gurley

Charles Sims

Damien Williams

James White

- More risk here. If Gurley is healthy enough and Ingram either stays in NO or heads to a team that uses his skills, should be alright. Sims should be at least a decent receiving back, Williams and White are fliers. C

Odell Beckham

TY Hilton

John Brown

Stedman Bailey

Marvin Jones

Paul Richardson

(Josh Gordon)

- Timing couldn't have been worse with Gordon. Otherwise though, I actually like this group a lot. Aside from Brown and Bailey all of the guys I'm expecting to play this year have good QBs, Brown's isn't bad if healthy. (Jones' QB is average but at least he can get the ball to his receivers) B

Dwayne Allen

Eric Ebron

San Fran D/ST

Titans D/ST

- Meh. C

Cairo Santos

Shayne Graham

Perhaps my worst effort in a WSL. But, a few breaks the right way and who knows? Would be a pretty good team in a dynasty startup.
Hi FUBAR,

I appreciate the involvement in the WSL and the honest assessment. Have to agree, not the best effort I've seen you do here. What would you do different with 20/20 hindsight?

Hate to pile on, but I think "B" at TE might be a tad generous as well.

Graham was a solid K pick as I think he just re-signed. Great value late.
The draft got away from me after trying to make up for gordon. Other than not taking him, more veteran picks and less unproven types.

Disagree with your calling my B at TE generous but that's probably because I have Ebron valued rather highly.

Jeff Pasquino said:
QB - Palmer, RG3

Below average pair with big upside. Grade D-

Jeff - Not a fan of RG3. I think this is the last go-around of the RG3 experience, and Palmer's going to get hurt again more than likely. Could be a bad group with two major downside risk players. At least they both start Week 1. Grade: D.

RB - Bell, Spiller, Davis, Ball, P. Thomas

Got the consensus number one back. Should be able to cobble together a second score with the other four. Huge upside. Grade B+

Jeff - Solid group and PT was a solid pick. B+ is fair.

WR - Sanders, Floyd, Adams, Williams, Amendola, Carter, Hill

7 guys with no consistency week to week. Feels like an average group although the performance will be up and down all year. Grade C

Jeff - Agreed on the assessment. One week with more "downs" than "ups" and you could be hosed. C.

TE - Thomas, Cook

Grade C+ on name recognition. Could flame out big time

A bit harsh as Thomas has big upside. In the right spot he's Top 5. B+

K - Bullock

Saw value elsewhere so I only took one. Grade F

Jeff - Ouch. D.

D - Denver, Oakland, New Orleans

Should cover my K weakness. Grade A

Jeff - Wouldn't go 3 D if I had 1 K. But yes, A.

Not one of my better efforts. I like most of the picks on their own, but it doesn't seem to come together as a team. An 80 pt effort early in the year will doom this team.

Jeff - Agreed. You know how to do these for sure, but I'm curious what you'd change. Bell had to be your first pick. What start would you do instead if you didn't like the turnout here?
The 1 hole wasn't the best spot in this draft. I was happy with Sanders but JT wasn't was I was hoping for. I honestly see most of the picks in the fourth round out performing the third round picks. Probably would have taken a QB at 4/5 but Floyd and Spiller were the last guys in their tiers for me. By the time it got back to me we went from QB 5 to QB 20+. I had to go one QB here but didn't want to take 2 as the value wasn't there.

T. Williams is probably the pick I don't make. Actually I texted Ref to make a pick for me as I didn't have internet access that weekend. I probably take K. Robinson there.

I know you don't like my kicker situation, but I wouldn't trade Amendola, Duron Carter, or Pierre Thomas for a second kicker.

Quite honestly there's not much I could do being on the end without drafting sub-standard players the whole way.

Jeff Pasquino said:
If anyone wants a team assessment, let me know.

Also, if anyone wants to review my team, I'd love to hear it.Thanks
I would like to hear your opinion of my team.

I think that I will like my team more than most, but still have mixed feelings about it.

For Jeff P team

QB: I like your duo and think you did fine in getting them. YOu could have taken any of the guy between Big Ben and Flacco and they all made fine #1 QB's but I think after the Flacco, Cutler, Eli went you got the best #2 target.

RB: I am not that big on them myself. Hill is in RBBC and could have a 15 yard game in any week and take you out. Ellington to me is not a cow bell type of back and Arizona has got to be looking to bring in someone from this talented class. That guy probably has more talent and Ellington goes back to a secondary role where he belongs. A guy I wont have on any teams. Blount could be a steal though where you got him. He is a guy who can pull you through weeks if he keeps his head on straight. Reddick is a wild card that might just pay off. Wait a few months to know

WR: It is a good group. Dez is a stud. Steve Smith will be interesting with another year on him and what Baltimore does in the draft. Will Torrey be back. Can Marlon step up. But like a true vet who usually offer good value. A couple of other WR's you could have taken also. Charles Johnson is a huge wild card. Is the end of the season what we expect or did he catch teams off guard a little. Minny is drafting a WR IMO in the first couple of rounds. But at the tier you got him he was a fine pick. I loved the James Jones pick as I think he is a great survivor player. Up and down but as a #4 that is perfect. He can win weeks for you. Sanu might do the same and nice vet. See what Marvin Jones does to him but he is such a gamer. I liked the risk of the 2 rookies at the end. Perriman is really shooting up draft boards. Might be a 1st round pick. Is last year going to be the norm or was it just a blip. You hope norm as both could see early action

TE: Bennett to me was overdrafted but I can understand why with the WSL rules. But he has produced. Pitta is another wild card for sure. The hip has not been cleared for NFL action yet and a bit of a concern. But if he does play, he just might be the WOW factor that wins a league. Is the the main guy to seeing this team win or not. Funchess is another wild card. If he is a WR, he is probably pretty useless for you since you are deep there. If he is a TE he might be useless also as rookie TE's seem to have little impact overall.

D: You got 2. Who knows how they shake out each year. Just hope for different bye weeks and you did research on ths

PK: This is a position I find very interesting and follow because my home league is 16 teamer that can start 1 or 2 each week with most wanting 2. Parkey should be pretty good after his successful rookie year. Forbath will be tight. He barely held onto his job a year ago. Can he hold off this year will be the question. It was one of the reasons I went with Succop because of the safety part of his job. If he keeps job, than just okay as WAshington O is not that scary unless Griffin turns it around.

Overall, some smart picks with only 1 pick I really did not like in Ellington. And Hill was probably overdrafted to my liking but 2 RB league really forces an owners hand. This team will be in the thick of things and could really pull away with some luck as QB to me is the most important position and your duo is nice.

Quarterbacks:

Not much to say here....even though it's round 5-6 I still think some positional value at QB9 and QB19....both have a decent chance to outperform that. And I agree those that don't go for an elite QB in first four rounds are pretty much pot committed to getting two in 5-7, think it fell very good for you here with your draft slot.

Running Backs:

No true stud although Hilll looked the part at times last year. He is a tough call for me right now and unfortunately it may remain that way headed into the season. Curious to see how the redraft folks value him as we get closer to the season. Gio is not your average "complimentary" back who is just "average"....Gio brings a little more to the party, but I'll be honest, Hill passed my personal eye ball test so I am also pretty high on him even with Gio around. The rest of the guys give you a nice shot at a score, I liked the Riddick pick the best as I think Bush is a goner and I think Bell-Riddick are going to make a pretty nasty 1-2 punch in DET. Riddick has some stand alone value IMO and thats always nice to get in the 14th. He got game, and it includes a role in the passing game.

Wide Receivers:
1.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dez Bryant, WR2 DAL 7.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Steve Smith, WR44, BAL

Probably not fair to give a full assessment to the group as a whole because I have no clue (nor does anybody else really) what the rookies will bring to the table. Depending on landing spot could be anything between Odell Beckham Jr. and Cory Latimer. One will help you win a league, one brings Krispy Kremes to the party. Not sure I'd like rolling with your top 3 on their own, but thought Sanu and Jones help the group as a whole. I like Sanu. Smith and Johnson won't be on many of my teams if they stay in that area of the draft, as I would go in other directions around there. After a great start Smith kind of hit the wall and slowed for a stretch in the middle of the year, sometimes can't afford that from your WR2 in a start 3 league. Since Randy Moss left MIn, not sure I have ever drafted a MIN WR, I seem to have this mental block to thinking there are fantasy points there for some reason. Patterson and his unreal overdrafting last year may be exibit A. Might need the rookies a little more than you think from week to week, but Dez is a good starting spot.

Going to discuss some of your feedback on my team in another post, just to generate some discussion for the thread, and part of it will be about this position. As mentioned earlier, I believe Pitta is virtually undraftable from a strategical standpoint in a draft and done league in February. Would have gambled instead on Rodgers becoming the man in GB (Bostick gone) or Daniels, Green, Dion, maybe. Healthy guys who will for sure play and in the case of Rodgers and Daniels could be significant. IMO Daniels will be the pass catching TE in DEN. With Pitta, the element of even playing comes into the equation, let alone significance. You mention solid upside, and then big upside with regard to Pitta, not sure. His past performance gets less credit considering the severity of his recent injuries. Third round seems high for Bennett compared to what could be had later, although this format dictates higher TE value so you almost had to take him there if you wanted him as he probably doesn't make it back to you. Shouldn't see much regression with the new coaching staff. I think he has to have a monster year for you in this format.

These are always a crap shoot but should be ok.

I always like taking a look at the rosters of guys right around my draft slot. Some early picks had our paths going in different directions. You have a nice QB combo, RB's as a group should be ok but only 4 so bye weeks need to be kind, some question marks after Dez, a solid TE and probably solid PK/special teams. Agree rooks might need to pan out. Good luck.

Jeff Pasquino said:

I think that I will like my team more than most, but still have mixed feelings about it.
I'll do the heavy lifting here since you asked, but I'd appreciate you summarizing your team for me (and that goes for whomever wants a team review).

Thanks to both Ref and Crippler for the reviews. Hopefully it does spark conversation throughout the offseason.

As for the mention of kickers, I like looking at the situations at that position as well. I really think Forbath is safe. WASH drafted a guy last year and cut him, I doubt they do that again. Could they bring in competition? Sure, but Forbath was 24 of 27 on FGs with one miss at 50+. That's a good average. He's an RFA, but I think he will make the grade.

I actually avoided CIN (Nugent) as I think he gets cut. Nugent missed 7 of 33 FG attempts, a 79% rate - and under 80% is usually bad news. If you asked me one team that might draft a PK on Day 3, it would be the Bengals.

Jeff Pasquino said:

1.06 Domination -- Antonio Brown, WR1 PIT

2.11 Domination -- Greg Olsen, TE3 CAR

3.06 Domination -- Alfred Morris, RB12 WAS

4.11 Domination -- Jordan Matthews, WR26 PHI

5.06 Domination -- Matt Ryan, QB7 ATL

6.11 Domination -- Doug Martin, RB26, TB

7.06 Domination -- Victor Cruz, WR41, NYG

8.11 Domination -- Marques Colston, WR53 NO

9.06 Domination -- Marcus Mariota, QB26 ROOK

10.11 Domination -- Jace Amaro, TE23, NYJ

11.06 Domination -- (TIMEOUT - 4 HR CLOCK) -- Dwayne Bowe, WR64, KC (Made after 11.09)

12.11 Domination -- Ameer Abdullah, RB55 ROOK

13.06 Domination -- James Starks, RB56 GB

14.11 Domination -- (4 HR CLOCK) -- Cincinnati Bengals D/ST14

15.06 Domination -- Josh Brown, PK18 NYG

16.11 Domination -- TIMEOUT Robbie Gould, PK29 CHI

17.06 Domination -- Jacksonville Jaguars DST21

18.11 Domination -- (2 HR CLOCK) -- Phillip Dorsett, WR91, ROOK

19.06 Domination -- Bryce Brown, RB70 BUF

20.11 Domination -- Nelson Agholor, WR105 ROOK

---
5.06 Domination -- Matt Ryan, QB7 ATL 9.06 Domination -- Marcus Mariota, QB26 ROOK

Matt Ryan is a solid QB1 and you got in on the front end of the QB1 run, but you bailed on QB2 in favor of Mariota. That's a gamble, but it could pay off nicely, and you shouldn't need him but 1-2 times if Ryan performs like he should. Interesting strategy, but I liked how it played out. A- due to a rookie unknown factor.

3.06 Domination -- Alfred Morris, RB12 WAS 6.11 Domination -- Doug Martin, RB26, TB

12.11 Domination -- Ameer Abdullah, RB55 ROOK

13.06 Domination -- James Starks, RB56 GB

19.06 Domination -- Bryce Brown, RB70 BUF

The good - I had Bryce Brown on my short list, but he could be the RB3 in BUF and not do much (although I expect much more). Good upside. Gamble on a rookie in RD12 could pay off. Not sure how much faith I'd put in Alf Morris as my RB1, especially as a non-receiver. DMartin could be a solid RB2, we'll have to see how the TB offense pans out. Much unknown here, 5 options, one rookie. I put it right down the middle at C due to little PPR value.

1.06 Domination -- Antonio Brown, WR1 PIT

4.11 Domination -- Jordan Matthews, WR26 PHI

7.06 Domination -- Victor Cruz, WR41, NYG

8.11 Domination -- Marques Colston, WR53 NO

11.06 Domination -- (TIMEOUT - 4 HR CLOCK) -- Dwayne Bowe, WR64, KC (Made after 11.09)

18.11 Domination -- (2 HR CLOCK) -- Phillip Dorsett, WR91, ROOK

20.11 Domination -- Nelson Agholor, WR105 ROOK

This should be a team strength. AB is WR1 for a good reason, love that value pick at 1.06. Matthews could be the #1 in PHI if Maclin isn't back, but I see him starting over Riley Cooper, who just flatout sucks. I was planning on Cruz when you took him, so lost that pick - have to rate that as a solid WR3 selection for sure. Colston - solid WR4 option as the probable WR1 for Drew Brees yet again this year. Bowe is a ?? but at WR64, plenty of upside if he gets back in the end zone (ever?). Two rookie wild cards to round it out. Very solid group, but the big play upside on the back of the group (WR4-5) not really there from an explosive standpoint. Pretty much counting on WR1-3, which are solid and strong - just might have gone for a more "boom/bust" option - but the rookies could give it. Can't find too much fault here. Grade: A-

2.11 Domination -- Greg Olsen, TE3 CAR

10.11 Domination -- Jace Amaro, TE23, NYJ

Early pick for a TE1, but worth it with 2 PPR. Solid TE2 option as well. Grade = B+/A-

Sorry, but I don't like Gould here and I moved him down on my PK2 list because of (A) cold weather, (B) accuracy, © injury, and (D) he has a big contract ($3M) for this coming year. I think he's a cut candidate. Brown is OK, but NJ is a tough place to kick outdoors. Grade: C/C-

14.11 Domination -- (4 HR CLOCK) -- Cincinnati Bengals D/ST14

17.06 Domination -- Jacksonville Jaguars DST21

Please tell me why you took JAX as DST21, especially with Dallas available right after (thanks, BTW). I can't quite understand that call. CIN is a solid D1, but JAX confuses me - so C+.
Overall - I like QB, WR and TE. Not in love with K or D calls, and RB is iffy IMHO. Could be a contender if the 4 rookies on the roster break right (and Mariota isn't really needed much). Solid effort. B/B+ overall.

Sorry, but I don't like Gould here and I moved him down on my PK2 list because of (A) cold weather, (B) accuracy, © injury, and (D) he has a big contract ($3M) for this coming year. I think he's a cut candidate. Brown is OK, but NJ is a tough place to kick outdoors. Grade: C/C-
all this stuff and I'm gonna talk about the PK...lol....from a fantasy perspective....Gould getting cut might be the best thing.....I think there would be a few teams lined up to snag him and might be better situations....dude has been pretty solid (mid to upper 80's)...has only missed 6 FG attempts over 50 yards.... and getting out of the windy city might be good from a fantasy perspective....didn't realize this until looking, but in the 12 games he played the Bears only attempted 12 FG's.....they only attempted 16 on the year (4 in last game) and had two 3 game stretches where they didn't even attempt a FG....thats gotta change

long story short, I think he is way better than the 29th PK in the league and I don't think he is unemployed come September.....thats kicker value right there boys....

Quarterbacks:

Two very solid and capable starters, which not a lot of teams can say. Agree with previous thoughts that if you pass on an elite QB, you should grab 2 from round 4-7. Good choice not waiting until round 7, as the options dried up quickly.

Running Backs:

I’m wondering if Hill is going to be somewhat overvalued this year. Gio is more talented than just a COP back but Cincy seemed to click better with Hill as the primary. Usage may depend on Cincy’s defense, as they seem to be headed in the wrong direction right now. Disagree with Ellington being a steal in the 4th…I’m not a big fan of Ellington but he has PPR value but I fully expect Ari to bring in someone to handle more of the carries. Was going to be a bit more critical here but upon further reflection, he’s fine as a RB2BC….with Blount and Riddick. I really like the Riddick pick and almost grabbed him instead of Duke Johnson. But went with a rookie to add some fun/excitement to see where he lands. I think 4 RBs is a bit light with 20 rounds, especially with so many unknowns right now. If Hill lives up to expectations, you should be able to throw some good RB scores up.

Wide Receivers:
1.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dez Bryant, WR2 DAL 7.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Steve Smith, WR44, BAL

I’m not as high on your WRs as some. Not sure either if Dez/Hill is better than Murray/WR(Jeffery?). Both are solid. I don’t like the Steve Smith pick. He started off on fire last year but really didn’t do much after Week 6. He’ll be 36yo, seemed to slow down during the year and wouldn’t be surprised to see less snaps than last year. Maybe Trestman helps but he probably won’t be on any of my teams. I like the Charles Johnson pick. I wanted him but had him on my WSL1 team and wanted some variety. Jones if fine where you got him and is fine as depth (but anyone who goes 8-20 in a game isn’t going to have lots of upside. Lol). What happened to Sanu – he went 7-71 in the last5 games? That’s a disturbing trend for me and with Marvin Jones coming back, I stayed away from Sanu. Who knows with the rookies – Smith is a home run hitter and I don’t know anything about Perriman.

Bennett is good TE1. We talked a little bit about Pitta but he’s on my don’t draft list until there’s more news about him. You’re obviously going for some upside so why not go with upside guys who will play next year? I agree with Ref that I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dainels in Denver reuniting with Kubiak once again…or at the very least, re-signs with Bal when Pitta doesn’t come back (still mad at Fiddle for grabbing him). Don’t know anything about Funchess…but with the Pitta gamble, I think you needed 3 TEs here.

Defenses and kickers are a crapshoot. Not sure if Forbath holds onto his job though.

After reviewing this team, I like it a little more than I originally did. I do think you'll need the rookie WRs to step up, as I'm not a huge fan of the depth you compiled behind Dez.

all this stuff and I'm gonna talk about the PK...lol....from a fantasy perspective....Gould getting cut might be the best thing.....I think there would be a few teams lined up to snag him and might be better situations....dude has been pretty solid (mid to upper 80's)...has only missed 6 FG attempts over 50 yards.... and getting out of the windy city might be good from a fantasy perspective....didn't realize this until looking, but in the 12 games he played the Bears only attempted 12 FG's.....they only attempted 16 on the year (4 in last game) and had two 3 game stretches where they didn't even attempt a FG....thats gotta change

long story short, I think he is way better than the 29th PK in the league and I don't think he is unemployed come September.....thats kicker value right there boys....
uh oh. :unsure:

I'm agreeing with you a lot so far.

Thanks to both Ref and Crippler for the reviews. Hopefully it does spark conversation throughout the offseason.

As for the mention of kickers, I like looking at the situations at that position as well. I really think Forbath is safe. WASH drafted a guy last year and cut him, I doubt they do that again. Could they bring in competition? Sure, but Forbath was 24 of 27 on FGs with one miss at 50+. That's a good average. He's an RFA, but I think he will make the grade.

I actually avoided CIN (Nugent) as I think he gets cut. Nugent missed 7 of 33 FG attempts, a 79% rate - and under 80% is usually bad news. If you asked me one team that might draft a PK on Day 3, it would be the Bengals.
Forbath did not kick a FG over 50 yards all season long.

Nick Folk and Josh Scobee are 2 guys I would not trust. I thought Patrick Murray was worse but his numbers where pretty good. I watched a game this season and came up very unimpressed and stuck in my mind I guess.

Regarding the kicker discussion, I'm not sure a second kicker is really needed. I bypassed a decent second kicker for Amendola. Personally I pull the trigger on that every time. Rather than taking a kicker that might not even be in the league later, I added a third defense. It's likely a third defense adds more total points over the year to my score than any of the kickers that were left.

Here's what I'll need to follow to see if I'm right.

Does Amendola improve my score at WR more than Zuerlein over Bullock?

Does NO Def improve my score more than Graham over Bullock?

I just don't understand teams passing on guys like Pierre Thomas or Cole Beasley to chase the K2 run.

Regarding the kicker discussion, I'm not sure a second kicker is really needed. I bypassed a decent second kicker for Amendola. Personally I pull the trigger on that every time. Rather than taking a kicker that might not even be in the league later, I added a third defense. It's likely a third defense adds more total points over the year to my score than any of the kickers that were left.

Here's what I'll need to follow to see if I'm right.

Does Amendola improve my score at WR more than Zuerlein over Bullock?

Does NO Def improve my score more than Graham over Bullock?

I just don't understand teams passing on guys like Pierre Thomas or Cole Beasley to chase the K2 run.
:goodposting:

Small sample size and all I know but, based on last season's numbers, if you already have a top-flight option as your K1, drafting a K2 in the 20-28 range only adds 25-30 points to your scores over the course of the season (less than 2 ppg). I have a hard time believing you can't get more than that with a halfway decent late-round option at RB5 or TE3. And even that assumes your K2 doesn't get beat out in camp, which becomes a shakier assumption the longer you wait.

It's a higher-risk strategy, obviously, but realistically - how often do NFL kickers miss significant time with injuries?

Quoting not working, odd...

anyway, re: kickers. The question to ask is - how often are they not the kicker in Wk 17 when they were the kicker in February?

I'd say 4-8 teams make a PK change each year, which is significant. Last year, Gould missed 2 weeks down the stretch, NO and DET played musical kickers, and AZ made a change, just off the top of my head. No PK job is truly safe, so I'd rather have 2 than a WR7/8 who may not ever count for me, as I might just as easily need that 2nd PK to be my #1.

As for PT and Beasley, those were good picks, but I personally was targeting 7 WRs and 3 TEs as my "extra" picks (with the norm being 2x starters). So after I got Riddick at RB4 I was done at RB, and then I didn't consider Beasley with already owning Dez and was targeting bigger play rookies for my last two picks. That said, I agree - both PT and Beasley are good picks, but it really comes down to how much you trust your PK1 vs. needing RB5 or WR7/8.

Looking last year at Valence in WSL2 who drafted 1 PK in Phil Dawson and than drafted Joseph MOrgan in the 20th round,. IF he had drafted Dan Carpenter instead and taken the chance that this young PK would keep his job or find another one which was a good chance as never drafted. I know he goes to at least week 13 with the 2nd PK. 55 extra points in 16 week season is what he would have got total.

Pan City did draft 3 D with taking Washington as 3rd one. He used them 4 times on the year for a profit of 22 pts in 16 weeks,. Not sure how this impacted him as early exit anyways and who knows where he puts that asset

NOw this is not for all but in these 2 cases from a year ago, the 2nd PK had more value than the 3rd D overall.

Stinkin Ref:

11.10 Ryan Mallett QB(29) HOU

1.10 DeMarco Murray RB(6)

9.10 Frank Gore RB(36) INDY

13.10 Kenny Britt WR(73)

16.07 IND DST

17.10 CHI DST

pretty big couple of days coming for Team Ref in this league.....Mallett getting resigned in HOU and Gore to INDY have to be nice bumps as the first dominos to fall....

initial reaction is I like Gore to INDY a little more than Gore to PHI....not sure why, but looks like he could be the lead dog in that offense and a solid WSL RB3.....Bradshaw got busted for pot and as a FA probably wont return.......personally I thought Herron did a pretty darn good job filling in last year.....they resigned him and he will be in the mix, but for fantasy purposes it doesn't get much better than Gore landing in that offense...I would imagine his ADP moving forward makes a significant leap making him a steal towards the end of the 9th round as RB36......

HOU's move with Mallett has him in the driver's seat and takes a little sting off of using an 11th round pick on him......feel better about that now.....they really wanted him back and that seems like a good start.....

Stinkin Ref:

11.10 Ryan Mallett QB(29) HOU

1.10 DeMarco Murray RB(6) PHI

9.10 Frank Gore RB(36) INDY

13.10 Kenny Britt WR(73) STL

16.07 IND DST

17.10 CHI DST
guess I gotta like Murray's landing spot as it could have been worse......we'll see how the Mathews/Sproles thing works out but the offense should be good for fantasy production.....Murray can catch and I don't think it's automatic he comes out on every 3rd down.....pretty happy with Britt staying on in STL.....some stability there instead of going to a new team, learning new offense, and getting along with new teammates/coaches, etc.....ADP is the last domino, was really hoping one of Murray/ADP would end up in DAL behind that line....

Quarterbacks:

5.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Ben Roethlisberger, QB9 PIT (11)

6.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Colin Kaepernick, QB19, SF (10)

Being in the middle of the draft and knowing how these flows, I knew Rounds 5-7 would be the QB/QB plan here - probably Rds 5 and 6. I was OK with that and glad to get such a strong QB2 in Kaepernick, who I think the team will finally re-build the offense around. I think this might be the best QB pair in WSL3. Grade: A+

Running Backs:

2.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Jeremy Hill, RB10 CIN (7)

4.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Andre Ellington, RB19 ARI (9)

9.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Legarrette Blount, RB35 NEP (4)

14.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Theo Riddick, RB57 DET (9)

Rds 1&2 were challenging, and I am not sure if Hill + Dez is better than DeMarco and whatever WR I would have had at 2.08 - but I think that Hill is a solid RB1 ooption in a 16-team league. Ellington was a steal in Round 4, especially in PPR. Blount is a decent RB3 and good value in Round 9. I was amazed Theo Riddick made it all the way to RB57/Round 14. With that value pick of Riddick I felt good with only 4 RBs. I don't expect Reggie Bush back in Detroit. I like this group, even with just four of them. Grade: B/B+

Wide Receivers:
1.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dez Bryant, WR2 DAL (6)
7.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Steve Smith, WR44, BAL (9)

8.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Charles Johnson, WR51, MIN (5)

10.08 Jeff Pasquino -- James Jones, WR59, OAK (6)

11.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Mohamed Sanu, WR63, CIN (7)

Dez Bryant is a strong WR1 and led the league in TDs in 2014, a major factor in best ball. Steve Smith will be back as the WR1 for Baltimore and a solid WR2 option, and I think he represented solid value in Round 7 at WR44. Many good WRs went in Rounds 8-10 and I couldn't grab them all, but glad to get solid value in the middle of this draft. Loading up on WRs in Rounds 7-11 was always the plan here as I bailed on WR in favor of RB/QB/TE in Rounds 2-6. I think the depth was reasonable, and James Jones and M. Sanu are solid WR4 and WR5 options. Added 2 rookie WRs (not discussing Funchess as I think he's more TE than WR, we'll see). First - Devin Smith has "take the top off of a defense" speed - which translates to a HR hitter to contribute when he hits that HR and scores. Perriman (Brett's son) has been recently considered a first round prospect with Julio Jones-type ball skills, which sounds good to me in Round 20. I like this group, although I'm sure that there are better WR1-3 groups in the league. Grade: B/B-

3.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Martellus Bennett, TE5 CHI (7)

15.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dennis Pitta, TE28, BAL (9)

I love Bennett as a Top 5 TE and TE1 here, so a third round pick was worth it to me. Chicago favors the passing game and Bennett's a huge target. Pitta's a big gamble, but he's my TE2, not my TE1 and has solid upside. I think Funchess is a "move" TE and could add some value, but it is unreasonable to expect much from rookie TEs. Grade: C

12.08 Jeff Pasquino -- New England Patriots DST5 (4)

13.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Cody Parkey, PK3 PHI (8)

16.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Kai Forbath, PK26 WAS (8)

17.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dallas Cowboys D/ST22 (6)

Kickers and defenses - In my study of 13 years of bye weeks (soon to be published, when I get to it), NE and DAL have never shared a bye week - remarkable. I also love both of their defenses in general, and I like their ability to create sacks, turnovers and big plays. At kicker, same deal on byes - PHI and WASH never have shared a bye week in 13 years. Throw in that Parkey was a Top 5 kicker last year and that Forbath should have no threats to his job, and I like both of these guys. I'd give them A grades if they weren't both in cold weather spots (or in a dome) and if they had Red Zone issues, but Philly scores enough that it shouldn't matter. Grade: A

Overall I think this was a solid effort, as it should be with experience in these and a draft spot in the middle. The only questions I had was to go WR/RB or RB/WR but either was a decent starting shot. Pitta and the rooks are gambles with big upside. If Pitta and a rookie perform well enough to contribute, this team could win it all.
Added bye weeks

Tripped up a little at PK, but otherwise not bad.

5 Cam Newton

? Jameis Winston

11 Mark Ingram

? Todd Gurley

6 Charles Sims

5 Damien Williams

4 James White

11 Odell Beckham

10 TY Hilton

9 John Brown

6 Stedman Bailey

7 Marvin Jones

9 Paul Richardson

1-17 (Josh Gordon)

10 Dwayne Allen

9 Eric Ebron

10 San Fran D/ST

4 Titans D/ST

- Meh. C

9 Cairo Santos

11 Shayne Graham

At least the bye weeks seem to be in my favor, unless Winston falls to the Jets. Doubt Gurley gets drafted by Pittsburgh, Cleveland or NYG. Although I guess the last two are possible.

Quarterbacks:

5.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Ben Roethlisberger, QB9 PIT (11)

6.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Colin Kaepernick, QB19, SF (10)

Running Backs:

2.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Jeremy Hill, RB10 CIN (7)

4.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Andre Ellington, RB19 ARI (9)

9.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Legarrette Blount, RB35 NEP (4)

14.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Theo Riddick, RB57 DET (9)

Wide Receivers:
1.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dez Bryant, WR2 DAL (6)
7.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Steve Smith, WR44, BAL (9)

8.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Charles Johnson, WR51, MIN (5)

10.08 Jeff Pasquino -- James Jones, WR59, OAK (6)

11.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Mohamed Sanu, WR63, CIN (7)

20.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Breshad Perriman, WR103 ROOK BAL (9)

3.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Martellus Bennett, TE5 CHI (7)

15.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dennis Pitta, TE28, BAL (9)

12.08 Jeff Pasquino -- New England Patriots DST5 (4)

13.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Cody Parkey, PK3 PHI (8)

16.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Kai Forbath, PK26 WAS (8)

17.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dallas Cowboys D/ST22 (6)

Added bye weeks

Tripped up a little at PK, but otherwise not bad.
Steal with Perriman to the Ravens. Love that pick.

Users who are viewing this thread