What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (22 Viewers)

shuke said:
This is like when I was watching a stand up act at a comedy club once, and during the act some guy got out of his seat and brought up a piece of paper that was apparently some funny cartoon that he received as a fax at work.  So embarrassing. 
I think maybe you didn't get it. Read it again and let it sink in.

In the abstract, 10 AM football sounds pretty good, but my only practical experience with it is in Las Vegas, where is a real PITA.  :hangover:

We've gone 45 days without measurable rainfall at Sea-Tac Airport.

This probably doesn't sound like much to people who live in Arizona or inland California, but around here it is fairly unusual.

We've gone 45 days without measurable rainfall at Sea-Tac Airport.

This probably doesn't sound like much to people who live in Arizona or inland California, but around here it is fairly unusual.
really? when I lived out there in 2012, they went like 60 days with no rain. seems like it rarely rains in July and August there.

really? when I lived out there in 2012, they went like 60 days with no rain. seems like it rarely rains in July and August there.
Portland is the new Bakersfield.  What's left of my grass crunches like brittle sticks when you walk on it.  We are throwing in the towel and going to the coast today through Friday.  I'm sure we're the only ones in Portland with that idea.  Should be a fun drive.  

Portland is the new Bakersfield.  What's left of my grass crunches like brittle sticks when you walk on it.  We are throwing in the towel and going to the coast today through Friday.  I'm sure we're the only ones in Portland with that idea.  Should be a fun drive.  
yeah, was pretty hot when I was out there. also strange that the hottest time of day always seemed to be around 5pm.

In the abstract, 10 AM football sounds pretty good, but my only practical experience with it is in Las Vegas, where is a real PITA.  :hangover:
10am football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> noon or later football.

10am football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> noon or later football.
disagree. really impossible to get all prop bets in by 10am on Sunday morning.

You mean if your in LV or on the coast?

Just call a friend back east where it's 3 hours later and have him make your bets for you. WA LA.
on the interwebs. I'd rather not have to wake up at some ungodly hour. sure, it's easy to roll out of bed and start watching football at 10am, but it leaves a lot less time for pre-game activities (gambling, drinking, etc.)

yeah, was pretty hot when I was out there. also strange that the hottest time of day always seemed to be around 5pm.
Yeah, 5pm is brutal here.  The sun just seems to linger in one spot blazing hell through whatever is in its wake at that time.  Fortunately for us, that wake includes the front of our house which used to have a couple of nice trees in the yard that helped shade the sun for the old lady who lived there, but just had to go according to the new lady who now lives there.   :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
that's news to me.

https://www.almanac.com/fact/what-is-the-hottest-time-of-dayr

Tom Skilling says it's 2-5pm.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/weather/ct-wea-0919-asktom-20150918-column.html

it just seemed in Portland like it got hottest around 4-7pm or so, which I thought was slightly unusual.
Portland is in a valley and when it gets hot like it is right now, 5pm is unbearable.  It will be in the high 90s the next few weeks too, so I imagine the wildfires will be brutal.    

Users who are viewing this thread