What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

Sent home? Waste of time.  

They don't give the option of changing or correcting the problem?

This was so stupid.   She goes to a private school where they wear uniforms, but middle school kids can donate a $1 to charity on Fridays and have a casual day.  She was wearing jeans and a long sleeve sweatshirt.

The vice principal claimed her sweatshirt was too short (it is long enough that it went over the waistband of her jeans).   They offered to let her pick through the lost and found and find something to wear.   She declined to wear someone else's dirty clothes.

I picked her up and there were three or four moms in the lobby, as well as an administrator.   All of us agreed she wasn't in violation of the dress code.  

They did this an hour before school got out.  Her final period is a TA elective, so the only person that got punished was the teacher for whom she was supposed to be making copies and grading tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was so stupid.   She goes to a private school where they wear uniforms, but middle school kids can donate a $1 to charity on Fridays and have a casual day.  She was wearing jeans and a long sleeve sweatshirt.

The vice principal claimed her sweatshirt was too short (it is long enough that it went over the waistband of her jeans).   They offered to let her pick through the lost and found and find something to wear.   She declined to wear someone else's dirty clothes.

I picked her up and there were three or four moms in the lobby, as well as an administrator.   All of us agreed she wasn't in violation of the dress code.  
Including the administrator?

They did this an hour before school got out.  Her final period is a TA elective, so the only person that got punished was the teacher for whom she was supposed to be making copies and grading tests.
You take her to Starbucks and enjoy the rest of the day with her. 

Then Chik-Fil-A.  They love that ####.

:rolleyes:

We actually have a bunch of clean clothes the kids can put on if the parent can't bring a replacement.    Extra class trip t-shirts, basketball shorts/warm-ups/sweats etc.  

Telling a kid to get something out of the lost and found is ####ing stupid.  Way to kill a bunch of instructional minutes, Principal Muppet.

:rolleyes:

We actually have a bunch of clean clothes the kids can put on if the parent can't bring a replacement.    Extra class trip t-shirts, basketball shorts/warm-ups/sweats etc.  

Telling a kid to get something out of the lost and found is ####ing stupid.  Way to kill a bunch of instructional minutes, Principal Muppet.
you missed my edit.  she didn't miss any instructional minutes.   only person who lost anything was the teacher who was expecting her as an aide today.

So my stepdaughter is doing a week-long tour with her choir this summer to Chicago, Madison and Minneapolis.  My wife is chaperoning so she'll be on the bus with her.  I like Chicago, :wub: Madison, and have never been to Minneapolis, so I was tentatively planning to "stalk the tour" by driving to the cities and doing fun drinking-related things while the kid is doing her music stuff. Might even be able to stay in the hotel with my wife, as I think she'll have her own room.

Then I found out today that George Clinton & P-Funk are playing right near home in the middle of the week I'd be gone.  I'm seriously considering ####-canning the whole trip, or at least bailing early to come home for this show.  I mean, George is like 77 and I gotta think those have been some HARD miles.

This kind of reminds me of when my brother got kicked out of sleep-away camp one summer, even though it's not that similar of a situation.  I am about 3 years older than him and was probably a junior in HS at the time.  I remember that I had my driver's license and a car at the time.  This was going to be his last year in camp anyway since he didn't want to be a counselor and that was the next step if he went back.  A couple of days before camp let out (after 2 months), he and some of his friends got some vodka and got drunk.  This was the first time getting drunk for many of them, including my brother.  It's a violation much more than your daughter, obviously, (I agree she didn't commit a real violation) but considering everyone was going home the next day, there was no real point in kicking them out.  My parents were away and the camp was like a 4 hour drive so when the camp director called and requested that I drive there and pick him up, I laughed at the guy.  He wound up taking the bus home with everyone else the next day and I picked him up at the drop-off site, which was a much more reasonable 30 minutes away.

There's a diet challenge starting Monday at work where people form teams of five, and the team with members losing the closest to 16.67% of their weight by the end of May wins $10,000.   One of the paralegals in my group wanted to form a team, so I've joined.

This means i should spend the next three days eating as much pizza and Girl Scout cookies as possible to bulk up before the start, right?

There's a diet challenge starting Monday at work where people form teams of five, and the team with members losing the closest to 16.67% of their weight by the end of May wins $10,000.   One of the paralegals in my group wanted to form a team, so I've joined.

This means i should spend the next three days eating as much pizza and Girl Scouts as possible to bulk up before the start, right?
You need to carb load ASAP.  pm @Otis

This means i should spend the next three days eating as much pizza and Girl Scouts as possible to bulk up before the start, right?
more.

GM and Ford use the same part.  They both know that it will fail, only GM designed it so that it can be easily replaced.   For the F-150, you have to remove the dashboard for the driver's side actuator and remove the entire center console for the passenger side.  The mechanic that I talked to first said it was actually easier if you also removed a seat.

What's funny is if you replace it, you can't even buy the crappy plastic one...the replacements all use metal gears.   
I’m sure they’ve added it to their lessons learned by now 

I’m sure they’ve added it to their lessons learned by now 
They've been installing this pos in their cars for 20 years.   Ford purposely buries it behind the dashboard.  The Ford mechanic I know says they still use the plastic one on their new vehicles.  They just only sell the metal one as an "upgraded" replacement part.

I grew up in the 80s and went to college in the 90s and I love movies from those decades.  It's nostalgic, and it's fun/interesting to be reminded of some of the differences between then and now.

the rover said:
I am now driving the last American car I will ever own.   My 2012 F-150 Harley Davidson has dual climate control.  Ford decided it would be a good idea to use an actuator with plastic parts to control the air flow between the sides.   The plastic gears inevitably fail, meaning that one side or the other has no heat or A/C.  The $20 part can only be replaced by removing the entire dashboard, which costs $1,400.   I finally sucked it up and took it in to get repaired.   They put it back together and learned that because the actuator failed, it caused amperage to back up and fried the control module, which costs another $550.   The A/C also needed to be bled and recharged in this process.  When they recharged it, freon sprayed out of my condenser through a small hole.  New condenser costs $600.

All in all, just because I want a small thing like heat in my truck, it's costing me $2,550.
Extended warranty. Regardless I'll never by a Ford again after my one experience with a tbird that fell apart at 100k miles.

I've had good luck with a 2011 Chevy suburban ran well for 5 yrs and 86k. Been in a GMC Yukon since last year and it's amazing.  Bought extended warranties on both in case something stupid happens

My Wrangler has been in the shop going on three straight weeks now (evidently parts are on their way from Jupiter) so I have zero sympathy. 

the rover said:
When I was in high school my friend Duff took an inflatable boat into Mission Bay, went up to the back fence of Sea World, climbed over and stole a keg from their catering area.  For two weeks he would roll up to the parking lot after surfing, get out of his hotboxed VW bug, and we’d drink warm ####ty beer from the keg before school.
We would jump the fence into universal studios. I had a collection of teeth from jaws. The hide and seek from security was what made it fun. I used to hide in the psycho house all the time. 

krista4 said:

This means i should spend the next three days eating as much pizza and Girl Scout cookies as possible to bulk up before the start, right?
Body fat or only weight?  Either way, drink a gallon of water before the weigh in.  On top of all the pizza no cookies

Body fat or only weight?  Either way, drink a gallon of water before the weigh in.  On top of all the pizza no cookies
Just weight, which worries me actually because I'll be upping my hiking game as the weather gets better, giving me more muscle tone in place of fat.

We have our team now of three lawyers and two paralegals, and there's already a bunch of chatter about how we can game the system. :lol:   I got the gallon of water recommendation from one of them, plus loading up on salt this weekend and...are you ready for this...not pooping before the weigh in.  I will honestly be able to say I wasn't pooping!

Just weight, which worries me actually because I'll be upping my hiking game as the weather gets better, giving me more muscle tone in place of fat.

We have our team now of three lawyers and two paralegals, and there's already a bunch of chatter about how we can game the system. :lol:   I got the gallon of water recommendation from one of them, plus loading up on salt this weekend and...are you ready for this...not pooping before the weigh in.  I will honestly be able to say I wasn't pooping!
Color me skeptical....but if you can pull it off, it will help, if you don't poop for 3-4 days  

Color me skeptical....but if you can pull it off, it will help, if you don't poop for 3-4 days  
I did think about loading up on a bunch of Imodium for the next couple of days.  Maybe a little hesitant after a family member OD'd on it, though.  Did you know that's what people are using for highs these days?  I didn't either until then.

Users who are viewing this thread