Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

3 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Welcome back Astros!

Make a hotdog, crack open a beer, turn on the game and SPringer knocks a dinger

same as it ever was

eta Bregman doubles

You going to biggie's shindig this year?

Edited by Bob Sacamano

4 hours ago, Thomas The Skank Engine said:

Btw do patrons really care if everything is "house-made".  That's getting up there with "Applewood smoked", "Hand spun" and other restaurant clichés.

In Restaurant speak it means "not Sysco". At least until Sysco's new "house-made" brand debuts next week.

• Like 3

I had the most ####ed up dream this morning.

It starts, I'm in a golf tournament with a bunch of buddies.  Except instead of using golf balls, we're using wiffle balls. Because of the way a wiffle ball will curve, every one of my shots ends up hooking or slicing at the end of the shot.  One shot lands in a strippers dressing room and I have to hit the wiffle ball through a small square window, that had glass in it, and to the green.  I make the shot, breaking the glass, and sure as #### it slices off the green.  Thankfully it was the last hole so we grab some beers and head back to the hotel we're staying at.

<<<This is where it get crazy>>>

I'm walking up some steps with a couple of my younger cousins and they tell me they rented a movie to watch.  The title is The Seven, a scary movie.  I don't like scary movies and say as such but next thing I know I'm watching and in the movie.

It starts with a huge museum, probably a 500 foot square room with 100 foot ceilings.  On all of the walls are painted portraits of various sizes.  There's a curator and he's hanging a small painting of a woman next to a large one of a man.  After it's hung the man in the painting says "My darling!" with a southern drawl.  The woman in the painting next to him replies "Oh daddy I have waited so long to hear your voice again!"

Then it is revealed that everyone in the paintings made a deal with the devil for immortal life. Once a year 3 of them would be randomly picked to be put in their bodies again for 24 hours. In that time that had to bring someone back to the museum that was pure of heart to be sacrificed to the devil.  If they succeed they go back on the wall and their portrait is slightly bigger.  If they failed they would be sent to hell. 

There was only one scene attempting to do so and it was of a woman dressed like a southern belle on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor.  She was talking to a girl I could not see trying to convince her that she was scrubbing the floor to be closer to God and there was a museum she really needed to see.

The last scene is there are three painting, I can't see the faces, and the curator has the giant steamer and he's steaming the paint off the canvas's.  I felt like my face was on fire and woke up violently shaking my head

:mellow::oldunsure:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thomas The Skank Engine said:

Btw do patrons really care if everything is "house-made".  That's getting up there with "Applewood smoked", "Hand spun" and other restaurant clichés.

Rich Corinthian leather.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

It starts, I'm in a golf tournament with a bunch of buddies.  Except instead of using golf balls, we're using wiffle balls. Because of the way a wiffle ball will curve, every one of my shots ends up hooking or slicing at the end of the shot.  One shot lands in a strippers dressing room and I have to hit the wiffle ball through a small square window, that had glass in it, and to the green.  I make the shot, breaking the glass, and sure as #### it slices off the green.  Thankfully it was the last hole so we grab some beers and head back to the hotel we're staying at.

I'm walking up some steps with a couple of my younger cousins and they tell me they rented a movie to watch.  The title is The Seven, a scary movie.  I don't like scary movies and say as such but next thing I know I'm watching and in the movie.

It starts with a huge museum, probably a 500 foot square room with 100 foot ceilings.  On all of the walls are painted portraits of various sizes.  There's a curator and he's hanging a small painting of a woman next to a large one of a man.  After it's hung the man in the painting says "My darling!" with a southern drawl.  The woman in the painting next to him replies "Oh daddy I have waited so long to hear your voice again!"

Then it is revealed that everyone in the paintings made a deal with the devil for immortal life. Once a year 3 of them would be randomly picked to be put in their bodies again for 24 hours. In that time that had to bring someone back to the museum that was pure of heart to be sacrificed to the devil.  If they succeed they go back on the wall and their portrait is slightly bigger.  If they failed they would be sent to hell. 

There was only one scene attempting to do so and it was of a woman dressed like a southern belle on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor.  She was talking to a girl I could not see trying to convince her that she was scrubbing the floor to be closer to God and there was a museum she really needed to see.

The last scene is there are three painting, I can't see the faces, and the curator has the giant steamer and he's steaming the paint off the canvas's.  I felt like my face was on fire and woke up violently shaking my head

forgot to tag @bostonfred

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

This is my job, but I'll be damned if I can find an accident code for closing a hatchback on your own head. :lmao:

The hatch on my 12 year old hatchback doesn’t go all the way up if you’re not careful.  I bang my head on it about once a week.  

I wonder if I can sue Mazda for my CTE.

2 minutes ago, McJose said:

The hatch on my 12 year old hatchback doesn’t go all the way up if you’re not careful.  I bang my head on it about once a week.  

I wonder if I can sue Mazda for my CTE.

use a broom handle or buy a sedan

22 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

wtf

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, McJose said:

Crows are awesome.

Crows are extremely intelligent birds. They are known for their problem-solving skills and amazing communication skills. For example, when a crow encounters a mean human, it will teach other crows how to identify the human. In fact, research shows that crows don’t forget a face.

Many types of crows are solitary, but they will often forage in groups. Others stay in large groups. A group of crows is called a murder. When one crow dies, the murder will surround the deceased. This funeral isn’t just to mourn the dead, though. The crows gather together to find out what killed their member. Then, the murder of crows will band together and chase predators in a behavior called mobbing.

Edited by St. Louis Bob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Hebrew national franks and wolf brand chili, with mustard, cheese and onions, side of fritos

I'll probably fry some tater tots to make the dinner more upscale. Put the chili, cheese and onion with a dollop of sour cream all on top of the tots and just put mustard and onion, maybe some kraut on the dog.

• Like 3

I had interviews all day today, starting at 9am.  I met with 6 people from 2 different companies.  What a tiring and stressful day, but I think they went well and I am excited about both of these opportunities.  Both are in my field in huge management consulting companies so they are a perfect fit since I have spent much of my career in that industry.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, RC94 said:

I had interviews all day today, starting at 9am.  I met with 6 people from 2 different companies.  What a tiring and stressful day, but I think they went well and I am excited about both of these opportunities.  Both are in my field in huge management consulting companies so they are a perfect fit since I have spent much of my career in that industry.

You should have been a doctor like your dad

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

That's how its pronounced in french

Hair - ee- co  bear

Harry Colbert

In usually say Hair Corvair

still remember when I was a kid and would see hors d'oeuvre in books and would call them Whores Devors and it wasn’t until years later that i put 2 and 2 together 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

You should have been a doctor like your dad

There are times when I think about how much easier it would have been to go into the family business (aside from the difference in intensity in grad school), but that was never the right kind of work for me.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

In usually say Hair Corvair

still remember when I was a kid and would see hors d'oeuvre in books and would call them Whores Devors and it wasn’t until years later that i put 2 and 2 together 

I always say“whores dware vrays”

Seems classier.

• Like 1

We order Korean take out a few times a month from the same joint.  Have for years.  Outstanding place, think I recommended it to @Aaron Rudnicki once upon a time when his sister lived over here near me.

I have a bad habit of mimicking whatever accent I am speaking to over the phone.  If I'm talking to a person in the south, I'm suddenly Sam Elliott.  You're from Boston, I'm now Boston Rob on the other end of the line.  If my amigo from Mexico Sosa calls me at work, I transition into Andres Cantor.  

Anyhow, I order up Korean the other night over the phone and upon arrival, am greeted with my bag of food and a mild admonishment from the guy processing my payment who said; "I always know it's you when you call because you speak with the worst fake Korean accent I've ever heard.  You don't need to do that." :bag:

I asked if I could text orders from now on, but he laughed and said he looks forward to my calls and piss poor attempt at sounding like a Korean.

• Like 24

1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

We order Korean take out a few times a month from the same joint.  Have for years.  Outstanding place, think I recommended it to @Aaron Rudnicki once upon a time when his sister lived over here near me.

I have a bad habit of mimicking whatever accent I am speaking to over the phone.  If I'm talking to a person in the south, I'm suddenly Sam Elliott.  You're from Boston, I'm now Boston Rob on the other end of the line.  If my amigo from Mexico Sosa calls me at work, I transition into Andres Cantor.  

Anyhow, I order up Korean the other night over the phone and upon arrival, am greeted with my bag of food and a mild admonishment from the guy processing my payment who said; "I always know it's you when you call because you speak with the worst fake Korean accent I've ever heard.  You don't need to do that." :bag:

I asked if I could text orders from now on, but he laughed and said he looks forward to my calls and piss poor attempt at sounding like a Korean.

:lmao: x 십

what the #### is the matter with you?

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

You should learn how to speak Korean and then order in Korean but with an American accent.  That would blow their minds.

3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

“Hey issa me, Forrest.  Lemme hava the spaghett “

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

:lmao:

So awesome

Edited by Fightin Donkey

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 

Is this on purpose or do you do it involuntarily?

• Like 1

My brother, the Jesusy one, had to call Microsoft support a couple of years ago.  Of course, the call center was in India.  

The rep told him “hold on one moment, Sir, while I look up your information.  Brother’s wife asks him what’s going on.

Brother, in the most sing-song Apu stereotypical accent, tells her “I am right now being currently put on the hold thankyouverymuch”.

Customer rep “You know, Sir, I can hear you very well. You are not on THE HOLD thankyouverymuch.”

• Like 8