What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

having proxy experience with autistic (and related) kids, animal therapy goes a long way. horses, dogs, cats, lizards, whatever. can you get him involved in volunteering at the local animal shelter?

something about the calming influence of  animals seems to work wonders. might be a way to draw him out of his world a bit. and if he's doing good helping shelter pets at the same time :thumbup:

maybe look in to therapy pets?
I don't know how far along "the spectrum" he actually is.  There's a kid (20-ish probably?) at my church who's definitely autistic and is prone to blurting out things like "It's not OK to scream real loud in church". I'm thinking maybe he does that to remind himself of appropriate behavior (although the act of reminding himself may itself be inappropriate in some settings). 

Anyway, my kid, in general, comes across as a normal teenager, maybe somewhat introverted.  But around family and close friends, he's a normal kid.  It primarily manifests itself (from what I can see) with certain areas of academics, or when he gets a teacher who isn't sufficiently organized/logical for him.

krista4 said:
I just realized I don’t know where this flight is going. :lmao: I looked at connections through MSP, DTW, and ATL yesterday and don’t know which I booked. Went to gate S6 as instructed by the check-in lady (who only mentioned my final destination) and just got on, tuning out any of the announcements as usual. 

Now I’ve decided not to look it up and let it be a surprise.
Ooh! Buy a house when you land.

Special thanks to @gianmarco for coming over today for lunch.  You know somebody is awesome when the minutes speed by.  Thanks GB.

So @gianmarco& @Drifter get special consideration when I'm divvying up cat shirts in my will.
Don't be ridiculous. I'm not sharing any shirts with Drifter.

But seriously, thanks for the wonderful lunch and company. And as awesome as you are, your wife is still your better half. I'm just glad you didn't have nachos too so that I didn't embarrass myself in front of her.

Today is my 2nd funeral in a week. Last week it was Boise for an aunt, this week is San Antonio for a friend and business partner. 

Which leads me to a feeling that's been turning around in my head. I'm 50. I probably have 20-30 yrs left. But so many of my mentors and people I loved are going away. The thought is that I have to tell the others that are still here how much they mean to me before it's too late. So if you are like me and there are people in your life that helped you along the way, give them a call and let them know you remember.

Users who are viewing this thread