What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

when my youngest was two she fell off a playground set from about 7 feet up while i had my back turned. all i heard was a loud pinging bang and then screaming.

one of the moms came over and said "she slammed her head right on the metal step.. you need to take her to the hospital right now." so speeding off we went.

i ran in to the ER and explained to the receptionist what had happened. she was..... unperturbed. no reaction. just dead eyed indifference. i think her exact words were "it's going to be a while before we see her. there are other higher priorities waiting." 

there was one teenager in the waiting area who kept complaining that he felt like throwing up. that was it. 

there were expletives expressed, security was called, nurses came out to calm me down. then an hour later a nurse came to see us... an hour. she walked in. took one look at us and said "did she lose consciousness? has she been drowsy or acting differently since she fell? did she throw up? no? then you didn't need to bring her in." and that was that. they cut us loose with a recommendation that we not let her sleep more than a few hours at a time that night.

my oldest smashed the ever living #### out of her head running in to a wood playset a couple years later. took her in, too. same hospital, different nurse. same reaction. they basically said don't waste our time unless there's vomit, blood or loss of consciousness.
Concussion stuff has changed quite a bit. Any hospital that doesn't take it seriously is truly dumb.

slipped and fell on some ice this morning. like a cartoon. way up in the air... long delay... glance at the camera... slam down on my back.. head bounced off the concrete like a basketball.

other than the knot in my upper back the thing that's most sore is my throat. my neck muscles feel tired. i guess from my brain deciding that preventing my head from whiplashing was the best plan of action?

the best part about having an enormous head is apparently my skull has a lot of padding. or it's made of rubber. not sure.
It’s the middle of March why is there ice anywhere but like the arctic?

Nothing better than the good old 8:40 PM on Sunday work calls when you've been drinking since noon, amirte? 
Oopsie.  

I realized today that I scheduled a work call for this Thursday afternoon, on a day I traditionally take off to watch NCAA bball and drink all day.  Now I'm trying to figure out whether to reschedule - which I've already done twice so hesitate to do again - or try to sound sober.

Oopsie.  

I realized today that I scheduled a work call for this Thursday afternoon, on a day I traditionally take off to watch NCAA bball and drink all day.  Now I'm trying to figure out whether to reschedule - which I've already done twice so hesitate to do again - or try to sound sober.
By afternoon, do we mean 1:30, or 4:45?  If the former, go with moderation and ballsy your way through it.  If the latter, TOTES reschedule.

(For full disclosure, I just today got a confirmation text from a client acct review for Thursday at 5:30 pm.  I confirmed, but tomorrow I will DEFINITELY realize I'm double booked and reschedule for Mon-Wed the following week.)

Oopsie.  

Been there, done that. I always go out on that first Friday of the tourney. I won't get a work call on a Friday for months. Somehow, someway, without fail, on that day, the pocket starts vibrating.

By afternoon, do we mean 1:30, or 4:45?  If the former, go with moderation and ballsy your way through it.  If the latter, TOTES reschedule.

(For full disclosure, I just today got a confirmation text from a client acct review for Thursday at 5:30 pm.  I confirmed, but tomorrow I will DEFINITELY realize I'm double booked and reschedule for Mon-Wed the following week.)
1 pm.  But you know, games here start at 9 a.m., including my back-up team Louisville in the early game that day.  I think I can keep it together, though.  First two days of the tourney are a drinking marathon, not a sprint.

1 pm.  But you know, games here start at 9 a.m., including my back-up team Louisville in the early game that day.  I think I can keep it together, though.  First two days of the tourney are a drinking marathon, not a sprint.
Yep I'm left coast as well.  But I have a strict rule that happy hour doesn't start before 3 or else I pay some sever sleeping consequences.

Roverkid update from the ferry:

Visited with her yesterday and did family counseling today.   She’s adjusting ok.  Counselor says she’s doing too well.  Kids with her level of weight loss and restriction don’t often come in, eat all their meals (they eat 6x a day) and finish their weekly therapy homework as well as schoolwork. She did all of the above.  They think she’s just trying to race though the program to get released, so they are going to make her slow down.  

Her blood sugar is back to normal, but she’s still on zero exercise.   Bad thing is she was supposed to get wisdom teeth extracted this summer—they’re sideways—and she’s saying she’s feeling pain from at least one coming in.  If she needs oral surgery it would be a huge setback.

Roverkid update from the ferry:

Visited with her yesterday and did family counseling today.   She’s adjusting ok.  Counselor says she’s doing too well.  Kids with her level of weight loss and restriction don’t often come in, eat all their meals (they eat 6x a day) and finish their weekly therapy homework as well as schoolwork. She did all of the above.  They think she’s just trying to race though the program to get released, so they are going to make her slow down.  

Her blood sugar is back to normal, but she’s still on zero exercise.   Bad thing is she was supposed to get wisdom teeth extracted this summer—they’re sideways—and she’s saying she’s feeling pain from at least one coming in.  If she needs oral surgery it would be a huge setback.
Sounds weird, but could it be what's setting her back with concussions symptoms too? I'd think that that could create some pressure in aural cavity and screw with her equilibrium. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Two updates from me:

1.  Entered into my third sale contract for my old house yesterday - the house I moved from nearly eight months ago.  Please please please use all powers at your disposal to send the universe a signal to let this one close.  Walking around anxiety level:  9+

2.  Since most of you aren't in the Beatles countdown thread, I'll report here too that I'm going to be on the SiriusXM Beatles channel in late April or early May making a fool of myself by doing a My Fab Four segment like a typical dumdum.  More info to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
krista4 said:
Two updates from me:

1.  Entered into my third sale contract for my old house yesterday - the house I moved from nearly eight months ago.  Please please please use all powers at your disposal to send the universe a signal to let this one close.  Walking around anxiety level:  9+

2.  Since most of you aren't in the Beatles countdown thread, I'll report here too that I'm going to be on the SiriusXM Beatles channel in late April or early May making a fool of myself by doing a My Fab Four segment like a typical dumdum.  More info to come.
I mean it’ll be tough to beat GMs sports talk stint...

krista4 said:
Two updates from me:

NICE.  I am too cheap to pay for Sirius but I podcast like a bastage.  Hope us poor folk can hear it regardless.

Spent my day working on a yacht.  Drinking wine and smoking cigars.   Roverkid chose not to call today.  Life is good, but also not.  
Warmest winter day in Seattle history.  Glorious.

I'm choosing to think when she doesn't call it's because she's so focused on getting better.  Strong kid, that one.

krista4 said:
Two updates from me:

I think the universe is going to give me the powerball win this week so I can buy your house. 

Was thinking of you yesterday and wondered if you made it to see Grandma?
Yeah, we made it. It was a bit of a fiasco getting there thanks to the weather delaying our flight about 5 hours (including spending 1.5 hours on the plane before deboarding, and hour in the airport, and then another hour on the plane waiting to take off).

But we got back to see her and say our goodbyes. She's really weak and fairly miserable, but still mentally there. Weird thing to say goodbye and walk out of a room knowing that you'll never see a person you love again. Glad we made it and I know it meant a lot to her. Was good for my 9 year old to experience as well. She did much better with it than I thought she might. Was super proud of how well she did on the weekend in general.

Thanks for asking.

Two updates from me:

You guys obviously didn’t do enough because I just got word that this one has fallen through, too.  Allegedly getting another offer later today, though.  Try harder this time!   :cry:  

You guys obviously didn’t do enough because I just got word that this one has fallen through, too.  Allegedly getting another offer later today, though.  Try harder this time!   :cry:  
Your realtor have an explanation for this? 3 deals falling through seems unusual. Maybe time to start putting more pressure on the realtor to screen people better or maybe to make the contingency more painful.

It's pretty cougar-rific in the bar tonight, tonight's band is like catnip for them.
Against my better judgement I went to yet another dueling pianos thing last night.  It was my wife’s idea.  My older sister and her friend went too.  

Now keep in mind these things can be fun if done right.  The two dudes were talented but their shtick was stale.

The worst part?  It was here.  I really hate my town sometimes and last night was brutal.  This town hasn’t had a good musical moment since before Buck Owens decided to do Hee Haw.

Let us then, you and I, run down the requests from this crowd:

Piano Man

Friends in Low Places

I Love This Bar

Africa

Hello (Adele)

Why Dont We Get Drunk and...

That Shallow Lady GaGa thing

Boheiman Rhap (classic but it has been beaten to death)

Dont Stop Believing

Hotel California 

Living on a Prayer

and many more...just send $19.99 to K-Tel for 2 LPs or 8 tracks

Users who are viewing this thread