Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

20 minutes ago, the rover said:

Flying today. Flight is completely full, middle seats and all.  No distancing of any kind at the gate.

You should be fine. People that fly are all super respectful of others and go out of their way to make it pleasant for everyone else flying.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

1 minute ago, the rover said:

American.  They say they are but I’m in first class so everyone walked past me boarding.  About 1/3 weren’t.  The safety speech now says they’re going to walk through the cabin to make sure everyone is wearing a face covering. She didn’t.  And there is no booze.

Grab some photos of folks not wearing them. Tweet them out to AA asking them why they’re endangering the health and lives of hundreds of people by not enforcing distancing or requiring face masks. Social media is the absolute best place to gain traction and force big companies to enforce this stuff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, the rover said:

American.  They say they are but I’m in first class so everyone walked past me boarding.  About 1/3 weren’t.  The safety speech now says they’re going to walk through the cabin to make sure everyone is wearing a face covering. She didn’t.  And there is no booze.

Yeah, I saw that my usual airline, Delta, only has booze on international flights now.  :( 

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

What is their logic in this?  

They want people to keep their masks on, except for necessities like water.  Sipping a wine, beer or cocktail, they say, would limit the time in a mask.

2 minutes ago, the rover said:

I just signed loan documents for a refi on my phone, but because I was late today I left my reading glasses at home.  Couldnt read a damn thing.   Should be ok, right?

I’m pretty sure the flight attendant owns your house now. 

As someone who consistently forgets my glasses and can’t read without them I have these on my phone. Link   
I look goofy wearing them but figure it’s my penance for being a dumb ###. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the rover said:

I just signed loan documents for a refi on my phone, but because I was late today I left my reading glasses at home.  Couldnt read a damn thing.   Should be ok, right?

Must be a hell of a phone

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

55 minutes ago, the rover said:

####### in front of me put on gloves, wiped everything down, took off his gloves and is now wearing his mask under his chin.  He’s also drinking juice out of a Tupperware container like a toddler.

CAN YOU IMAGINE!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

CAN YOU IMAGINE!

look, man, nothing else is happening here.  Live blogging my ever improving flight and impending doomed relationship with a random flight attendant is all we have right now.  

I also just started betting horses. So until you’re willing to provide some entertainment, good day to you, sir.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the rover said:

look, man, nothing else is happening here.  Live blogging my ever improving flight and impending doomed relationship with a random flight attendant is all we have right now.  

I also just started betting horses. So until you’re willing to provide some entertainment, good day to you, sir.

Call back here to Furley's co-worker who is hyper-animated and super-obnoxious, but yet, doesn't exist because Furls refuses to video his histrionics. 

/Notebook :grad:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1.  I know the furley coworker thing, and now I share his trepidation about video

z.  iPhone XI

iii.  Hot springs Arkansas.  Bachelor party in Nashville got cancelled, so we ended up going here of all places.  Apparently it’s a freaking mansion on a lake with multiple boats.  I’m expecting something less.  

1 hour ago, the rover said:

1.  I know the furley coworker thing, and now I share his trepidation about video

z.  iPhone XI

iii.  Hot springs Arkansas.  Bachelor party in Nashville got cancelled, so we ended up going here of all places.  Apparently it’s a freaking mansion on a lake with multiple boats.  I’m expecting something less.  

Enjoy the French Quarter....BYOB!!!!

11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I dunno if they're underage.....it's on their website. :shrug:

They look like nice people to me.  

i didn't even look through the pics/link  didn't realize it was a strip joint.    :lmao:  the royale for 300.  what's the "shower dance"  :oldunsure:  

2 hours ago, the rover said:

Beats the hell out of sauce chat imo. 

• Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

what's the percentage of mask wearers in the airport?

had a guy from dallas, yelling at me last night about how f'ing stupid CA is and that they don't have to any of this #### in TX.  i hate people.

In airport?  About 10%

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

i didn't even look through the pics/link  didn't realize it was a strip joint.    :lmao:  the royale for 300.  what's the "shower dance"  :oldunsure:  

When I was in high school there was a place by me where you could “shower” with someone. Not sure if you were supposed to be in a bathing suit or what. It’s a shocker I know, but turns out they were just having sex with guys in the showers and got raided and shut down.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the rover said:

Dallas has the longest taxi I’ve ever experienced.   Pretty sure getting to the runway is longer than my flight.

O.K. This may be a stupid question, Why not take a picture of the paper your trying to read and expand it on your phone?