What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

Went to the doctor today. MRI confirmed a tear in one of my rotator cuff tendon. Trying to decide what to do. One option is a PRP injection but that's not covered by insurance. Going to wait a while I guess.

Also have a ganglion cyst on my wrist. Hopefully having it drained next week will take care of it.

My midfoot arthritis hasn't bothered me for months, until a couple hours of basketball on Saturday.

Getting age is neat.
GLGBs

How did you tear the wing?
Lifting

Went to the doctor today. MRI confirmed a tear in one of my rotator cuff tendon. Trying to decide what to do. One option is a PRP injection but that's not covered by insurance. Going to wait a while I guess.

Also have a ganglion cyst on my wrist. Hopefully having it drained next week will take care of it.

My midfoot arthritis hasn't bothered me for months, until a couple hours of basketball on Saturday.

Getting age is neat.
My doc offers prp and stem cell. Not a whole lot more for the stems compared to prp and usually better results with fewer injections. He's hard to get an appointment with, but since you come to Austin fairly regularly, you might check him out. One of the few in the country doing this stuff. Dr. David Harris, Charm CLinic, Austin.
Thanks cos. I know PRP was all the rage for awhile but the results have been mixed. But my tear is fairly minor so doc thinks it might respond better.

I haven't been around much but Eddie says I can quit one of my jobs when the baby comes.

1. I found out today I have to move my computer and everything from my current office to my new office. Well not just me, all employees have to do this. WTMF

1a. Mrs. SLB got a call from the Principal at the boys school today (thank GOD he didn't call me) and it seems another boy has been making a play for Cal's lady. Cal isn't taking this well and has been intimidating (beating) this kid as best he can without getting caught (sort of). Cal is a big and really strong. Oh and he's my kid, you know, genes and stuff. I really needed something else to deal with.

See you around. :bye:
Talk hit, get hit. :shrug:
:lmao:

I just talked to him. Apparently head teacher dude didn't have the story quite right. Kid was making fun of Cal for having a girlfriend, Cal responded that kid was just jealous. Kid then admitted it that was true and then aggressively stepped towards Cal. Said kid was then put on his ###.

It's something I'll never understand in todays schools. Apparently millennia of evolution just isn't good enough these days. Don't get me wrong, I don't want school to be a battlefield but did we really need to be called about this? He shoved a kid that was going to shove or punch him. He fell down. It was over. (Personally I would have instructed to kick the kid in the head while he was down but that's a parenting fail on my part) Let these kids figure some of these things out themselves. JFC.
Totally agree. Most of the talk about schools having "zero tolerance" is overblown or misunderstood. But one of the dumbest things that has happened in the last 20 years or so is automatic suspensions for fighting for both parties even if there was an obvious aggressor.

Man, JR just woke up and ran into the bathroom. I don't know what's going on in there but the sounds aren't good. Probably not the best time to go in there and taunt him about eating the third bowl of spaghetti that I told him he'd regret.

Just learned pimientos are stuffed into manzanilla olives, not found there naturally. World. Rocked.
So before this you thought pimentos were olive pits?
Of course not. Everyone knows that bleu cheese naturally grows in the middle of an olive.
Ha ha I knew the bleu cheese was stuffed in there artificially, I just never really knew what a pimento was.
You are aware that paprika comes from ground up olive pits, right?

I haven't been around much but Eddie says I can quit one of my jobs when the baby comes.

1. I found out today I have to move my computer and everything from my current office to my new office. Well not just me, all employees have to do this. WTMF

1a. Mrs. SLB got a call from the Principal at the boys school today (thank GOD he didn't call me) and it seems another boy has been making a play for Cal's lady. Cal isn't taking this well and has been intimidating (beating) this kid as best he can without getting caught (sort of). Cal is a big and really strong. Oh and he's my kid, you know, genes and stuff. I really needed something else to deal with.

See you around. :bye:
Talk hit, get hit. :shrug:
:lmao:

I just talked to him. Apparently head teacher dude didn't have the story quite right. Kid was making fun of Cal for having a girlfriend, Cal responded that kid was just jealous. Kid then admitted it that was true and then aggressively stepped towards Cal. Said kid was then put on his ###.

It's something I'll never understand in todays schools. Apparently millennia of evolution just isn't good enough these days. Don't get me wrong, I don't want school to be a battlefield but did we really need to be called about this? He shoved a kid that was going to shove or punch him. He fell down. It was over. (Personally I would have instructed to kick the kid in the head while he was down but that's a parenting fail on my part) Let these kids figure some of these things out themselves. JFC.
And just like the Prodigal Son I've returned

Anyone stepping to me you'll get burned

I have another question, I guess mainly for the legal scholars, but anyone may know.

I've a very good friend who has chronic depression. She works at a local school (not public). and her life has spiraled out of control recently. She's not technically an alcoholic, but when depressed and overwhelmed, she does tend to over-imbide.

She crashed a couple of weeks ago and checked into a psych clinic. Her employers could obviously see her deteriorating condition and gave her FMLA.

She checked out early (2 weeks) from the psych place misrepresenting her well-being. So now she's out and can return to her job when she ends her FMLA (I think she can extend it 90 days). PRoblem is, she's no where close to well. If she returns to work its only a matter of time before she crashes again. She needs some serious therapy and regeneration, but being a teacher (like her husband), there is no money. She gets nothing while FMLA and has no short term disability.

Does anyone know of any state or federal programs she could get to help with finances while she tries to quit feeling suicidal and despondent? WOuld she be eligible for Unemployment insurance while on FMLA? Could SSI be an option?

Just learned pimientos are stuffed into manzanilla olives, not found there naturally. World. Rocked.
So before this you thought pimentos were olive pits?
Of course not. Everyone knows that bleu cheese naturally grows in the middle of an olive.
Ha ha I knew the bleu cheese was stuffed in there artificially, I just never really knew what a pimento was.
Where did you think pimento cheese came from?

Users who are viewing this thread