What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

Anyone ever miss thier sons kindergarten basketball game and have everything turn out OK with thier future?

Wife and I have both missed a few games here and there, no big deal. I made plans a few weeks ago to meet up with some friends tonight not knowing it was the last game of the year (both of us thought it ran through the end of the year). Now I'm basically the worlds biggest ####### for not going to THE LAST GAME OF THE YEAR which is parents night or something

My son already told me he doesn't care but I'm getting grilled about it. Just wanted to make sure this isn't going to cause him to turn to a life of crime or stripping
Meet up with your friends at the game. In fact, go over the top, go to a banner shop and have a banner printed up for your son and have you and your friends display it at the game. Go out with your friends after the game. It's not like kid's games go until midnight.

Anyone ever miss thier sons kindergarten basketball game and have everything turn out OK with thier future?

Wife and I have both missed a few games here and there, no big deal. I made plans a few weeks ago to meet up with some friends tonight not knowing it was the last game of the year (both of us thought it ran through the end of the year). Now I'm basically the worlds biggest ####### for not going to THE LAST GAME OF THE YEAR which is parents night or something

My son already told me he doesn't care but I'm getting grilled about it. Just wanted to make sure this isn't going to cause him to turn to a life of crime or stripping
Meet up with your friends at the game. In fact, go over the top, go to a banner shop and have a banner printed up for your son and have you and your friends display it at the game. Go out with your friends after the game. It's not like kid's games go until midnight.
Chest paint sign would be better.

Face paint. Foam Finger. The works.

How late can a kids game go? Can't you meet friends after?
Have dinner reservations and had planned to meet at at a new tap room beforehand so I can either meet and carpool with other friend as planned, or drive myself and basically miss out on the taproom portion

Basically it was no big deal to her a few weeks ago but now that it's the last game of the year I'm now the worst father in the world for missing it

Have dinner reservations and had planned to meet at at a new tap room beforehand so I can either meet and carpool with other friend as planned, or drive myself and basically miss out on the taproom portion

Basically it was no big deal to her a few weeks ago but now that it's the last game of the year I'm now the worst father in the world for missing it
Just lay it out logically for her. She'll totally understand. Or draw her a map of the locations and times of the game, restaurant, etc... Women love maps.

DL, I'm not sure how old you are but when I was growing up, it was actually kind of rare for parents to attend our games. When they did, they usually got wasted and didn't pay attention much to the actual game. According to my Dad, Tanner can verify, parents NEVER went to games when he was a kid. They were probably too busy unloading the Santa Maria.

General Malaise said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
General Malaise said:
Soooooooooooo..................got a text from my sister last night and wasn't exactly a happy one. Some of you may remember that she jumped into a relationship with an extreme-skiing, hard drinking, thrill seeking, cocaine loving sociopathic Indian fellow named Asit. You can also add abusive to that list of adjectives. They broke up this summer, got back together. They broke up again in December and again, got back together. Each time, she would wail and cry on social media for attention, run back to her family and friends begging for sympathy only to go back to the very cause of her pain and sorrow.

Last night, via text, she informed me that she had him arrested and is filing a restraining order against him. She busted him stealing her checkbook and writing checks to himself. When she confronted him, he went into a violent rage, throwing her against a wall, ripping off her necklace and then went on a rampage in her house, breaking things, punching walls, etc. She called her friend in tears and her friend, who lives nearby, called 911.

The coward ran off to his parents house and tried to hide, but the cops were able to get him out and arrested him. I hope she presses charges. I hope she follows through with a restraining order. I hope this is the last we ever hear from this piece of garbage again. But a lot me worries it won't be. An even bigger part of me worries he will come after her and/or her kids and/or my parents, who let them live in the their basement for months while this psycho pretended to have a job and go to work every day.

It's times like this where I wish SLB lived near me so we could pay this guy a little visit. Were I bigger, younger and unafraid of violent men who shoot guns, carry knives and ride motorcycles, I might confront him myself. But he'd curb stomp me and if he didn't, I'd be in jail for what I'd like to do to him.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................as if I didn't have enough on my plate.
Feather or dot?
Asit. Not A Sitting Bull.
Thinking you need to get up in Asit's grill and tell him to do the mother ####### needful.
:lmao: (IT guy who's heard this too damn many times)

My son already told me he doesn't care but I'm getting grilled about it.
Who is grilling you? Wife?
Yes...she's missed a few games herself and that was fine but the last game of the year is a bigger deal I guess
She prob feels guilty about missing games and she needs to grill you to alleviate her guilt.
This...apparently we were the worst parents in the world for missing a 10 minute preschool Halloween parade for our 3 year old held at 11am on a Friday.

Like I said when you posted the first photo of him, this kid is going places. I'm not entirely sure where, but he's absolutely going there(how many "reshoot" forms has he forged at this point?).

What I'm wondering: Is that 'pixie dust/exploding snowball' effect something the photographer did in post, or did your nephew cause it to happen with the power of his mind?(the grimace makes me think he may legitimately be able to pull it off)

How's his book deal coming?

Last edited by a moderator:
DL, I'm not sure how old you are but when I was growing up, it was actually kind of rare for parents to attend our games. When they did, they usually got wasted and didn't pay attention much to the actual game. According to my Dad, Tanner can verify, parents NEVER went to games when he was a kid. They were probably too busy unloading the Santa Maria.
35...go to 90% of his stuff

Just needed to vent a bit

35...go to 90% of his stuff

Just needed to vent a bit
I understand. I'm not a fancy preacher like Tanner but I absolve you of any guilt. Enjoy yourself.

If you're going to the game for your wife, then skip the game. She's not playing.

If you're going to the game for your kid, then skip out on the tap room part, go to the game, and catch up later.

P.P.P.S

Annyong's link on the next page is none other than Victoria Justice ~ Phil from the future.

If you're going to the game for your wife, then skip the game. She's not playing.

If you're going to the game for your kid, then skip out on the tap room part, go to the game, and catch up later.
:goodposting:

So you didn't even know where she was as of October of 2010?? It's about 4.5 years later and I still don't know where she is, except hanging with Emmanuel Acho at some golf place/driving range/meth lab front in the Austin area.

General Malaise said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
General Malaise said:
Soooooooooooo..................got a text from my sister last night and wasn't exactly a happy one. Some of you may remember that she jumped into a relationship with an extreme-skiing, hard drinking, thrill seeking, cocaine loving sociopathic Indian fellow named Asit. You can also add abusive to that list of adjectives. They broke up this summer, got back together. They broke up again in December and again, got back together. Each time, she would wail and cry on social media for attention, run back to her family and friends begging for sympathy only to go back to the very cause of her pain and sorrow.

Last night, via text, she informed me that she had him arrested and is filing a restraining order against him. She busted him stealing her checkbook and writing checks to himself. When she confronted him, he went into a violent rage, throwing her against a wall, ripping off her necklace and then went on a rampage in her house, breaking things, punching walls, etc. She called her friend in tears and her friend, who lives nearby, called 911.

The coward ran off to his parents house and tried to hide, but the cops were able to get him out and arrested him. I hope she presses charges. I hope she follows through with a restraining order. I hope this is the last we ever hear from this piece of garbage again. But a lot me worries it won't be. An even bigger part of me worries he will come after her and/or her kids and/or my parents, who let them live in the their basement for months while this psycho pretended to have a job and go to work every day.

It's times like this where I wish SLB lived near me so we could pay this guy a little visit. Were I bigger, younger and unafraid of violent men who shoot guns, carry knives and ride motorcycles, I might confront him myself. But he'd curb stomp me and if he didn't, I'd be in jail for what I'd like to do to him.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................as if I didn't have enough on my plate.
Feather or dot?
Asit. Not A Sitting Bull.
Thinking you need to get up in Asit's grill and tell him to do the mother ####### needful.
:lmao: (IT guy who's heard this too damn many times)
I work with outsourced labor, so get it all of the time. The new one seems to be 'prepone', opposite of postpone. Looking to move something up instead of delaying it.

I got all salty the first time I heard it, wondering if it was a word or not, so I looked it up on the innerwebs. The first thing I found basically said that it was some word the Indians had made up.

If you want your kid to play U6 travel you need to go schmooze the U6 talent recruiter.

and when I was a kid my dad came to all my games :shrug:

General Malaise said:

Wait a minute. Indian as in asianed Indian and not an Apache? Not understanding the fear.
Let's see....he's heavily armed, mentally unstable, usually intoxicated, incredibly pugnacious, strong as an ox and quite a bit bigger than me. He'd not need any sort of weaponry to beat your ###, my ### and anybody's ### in here except maybe Charv.

General Malaise said:

Wait a minute. Indian as in asianed Indian and not an Apache? Not understanding the fear.
Let's see....he's heavily armed, mentally unstable, usually intoxicated, incredibly pugnacious, strong as an ox and quite a bit bigger than me. He'd not need any sort of weaponry to beat your ###, my ### and anybody's ### in here except maybe Charv.
Where's Fuller and his bazooka dog when you need him?

Benign neglect

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread