What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (11 Viewers)

Which buzz words are you thinking of?
I put them in another post but at the rate the thread moves, it’s probably pages back.

In his tweets on the situation, he never says “Racism, “Equality,” or “Civil rights.”

You can do that by accident a few times.  At some point you have to intentionally avoid using the R word.  

And it makes me wonder if he’s making sure to hold onto that hate-filled part of his base by choosing his words carefully.

It isn't. Black people aren't voting for him and he knows it. Cops, government workers, blue collar white America - these are the people that are devoted to him. As soon as he says anything that seemingly supports minorities, and as such, "turns his back" on his supporters, he's finished. 
I hate to say it but I think these scenes might help him. They certainly helped Richard Nixon in 1968. Whenever there are black riots, voters seem to like the politicians who crack down on them. 

I hate to say it but I think these scenes might help him. They certainly helped Richard Nixon in 1968. Whenever there are black riots, voters seem to like the politicians who crack down on them. 
Honestly, as a conservative, I’d be much more impressed if he came out and spoke against Racism and vowed to fix the system.

I think that goes farther than “I’m sending in the big guns”

Of course he is. The one undeniable fact about Donald Trump is that he cares about literally nothing except for Donald Trump, the Trump brand/name, and the glorification of each. 

That's it. 

Of course. He loves this. He wants this. Division is his weapon. 
GTFO. Tons of Trump bashing threads to cry in. This thread is for updates with what's happening with the extreme left riots. TIA 

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s not leading. Tens of millions have felt a growing sense that government and markets don’t give a #### about them. Now in an election year, he is showing with words and deeds that he does not give a single #### at all. Not one.
He speaks about against the people causing this mayhem all the time. #ACAB. 

The point is, with all this going on, you don't think the President of the f***ing United States might want to call for peace rather than trying to blame the rioting on Democrats in an attempt to further his own agenda and enhance his chances at re-election? 
He has called for peace. Sorry you miss those speeches and tweets. 

so, they're back?  maybe need a new book.
I'd love to add long prison sentences, but yeah, they are opportunists. Every chance they get they come back. It awesome to watch them drive them down and out if south down town though.  Way too much damage this time though.  

I know, the point is always Trump is bad. 
I agree with your premise.

There are so many levels of failure.  Governors, Mayors, etc.  Trump is so hated in the PSF, he’s what gets talked about.

But it’s gone nation-wide.  It’s not a Minneapolis thing anymore.   A speech saying we love you, and we’re not going to sleep until every racist cop is off the streets helps this situation.  People want validation for their feelings and support.  

Tweeting about gunfire—that just reaffirms those feelings that the system is against you.

Like Seattlites care about rain.  I saw more umbrellas being used to deflect pepper spray during these riots then I see during a heavy rain.   I was actually amazed they owned umbrellas.
I was going to attend the "peaceful" protest until I came to my senses this morning, and I had read a recommendations from Hong Kong protesters on what to bring just in case.  One was an umbrella, and I realized I don't have one.  :lol:  

Guess you could loot their bar.  What the hell do you want from Cheesecake Factory?   Nike store is a block away.
Nike has an armed private security guy.  Only store on that block not to be looted.

That's not exactly the truth. You start hopping fences at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue I'm guaranteeing you that you better hope it's JUST the dogs that get you.

And that's going to be true no matter who's the chief occupant of the place.
That’s normal for him unfortunately. Good post. 

That's not exactly the truth. You start hopping fences at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue I'm guaranteeing you that you better hope it's JUST the dogs that get you.

And that's going to be true no matter who's the chief occupant of the place.
The image of attack dogs when talking about what are crowds of black people...that isn't a call for peace...that was historically a call for crap against blacks...it was clear, it was a terrible choice of words.  And he wasn't just talking about hopping fences there.

I get it. In your world, a go to is whataboutism. 

Buckle in. I’m not representative of the people on the edge of revolt, and the rioters are canaries in the coal mine. But I fear this is the beginning of a movement of tens and tens of millions tired of living hand to mouth and being insulted by ridicule. It’s a dangerous reaction to the very things Trump has seized to consolidate power in his base.

Hey, now look at the side effects outside of it.
Your disgusting attempt to tie this situation to Trump is pathetic, bad look that no one buys besides your normal handful of followers in here. Sorry but just pathetic. 

The image of attack dogs when talking about what are crowds of black people...that isn't a call for peace...that was historically a call for crap against blacks...it was clear, it was a terrible choice of words.  And he wasn't just talking about hopping fences there.
Yes he was. It was specifically about the people protesting around the White House.

Users who are viewing this thread