What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (10 Viewers)

This isn't all on the police, as you say, they are indeed outnumbered.  What I'm speaking of is ramping up the level of force and/or bringing in additional National Guard.  It's not preferred, it won't be pretty, but this is untenable night after night.  I say this not wanting to get in the way of people who peacefully want to protest.  That is their right and should be protected.  But this stuff occurring in the evening in Washington DC and many other cities in the country is not the result of people protesting George Floyd's killing.  I get the feeling as someone else mentioned earlier there is a "shift change" at these protests where the people there now, aren't the ones marching and chanting peacefully during the day.  The motives and results are different.  We have to protect our cities and do what it takes.  When one level of response isn't working, we have to move to the next until it's subdued.  
I agree in premise...Im unsure how beyond upping the violence back.  And that seems to make matters worse all over too.

I'll give you a few hints. Dressed in all black, down to the shoes, mask and backpack.  Hair died, half to mask appearance, half because hes a mixed up lost soul.  Breaking up the sidewalk to mass projectiles for future use, premeditated.  Contents of backpack: hammer, knives, spraypaint, milk, extra change of clothes.  
Milk?

Three more arrests in Minneapolis or sign a bill to demilitarize police forces.
I agree three more arrests are warranted but I don't think that is what the agenda is of these people setting fires.  Maybe that ends the peaceful protests they are using for cover so they are forced to stop or are exposed to still being out there alone.

I agree three more arrests are warranted but I don't think that is what the agenda is of these people setting fires.  Maybe that ends the peaceful protests they are using for cover so they are forced to stop or are exposed to still being out there alone.
Firm belief it stops if they get arrested.

CNN interviewing a screaming white lady in Washington wearing a black lives matter shirt hit by rubber bullet. You’re out 3 hours after curfew with a mob throwing anything they can find at police lady, nobody feels bad for you.
I thought DC's curfew was set at 11 pm. 

They’re being thugs. They’re behaving badly. They deserve to be arrested and face jail time. 
But I have strong doubts they’re part of any organized effort, and I also doubt they’re evil. They’re young kids who are pissed off and excited. 
I think some looters fall into this category but I have my doubts that young kids are worried about burning St. John's church in Washington DC and similar types of acts.  We've all been young and done stupid stuff and that's just not the way their mind would work.  Grabbing the latest pair of Nike's, sure.  Even kids who want to be destructive aren't going to choose that target.  If it comes out later they were just random kids, I'll gladly come back and admit I was wrong.

I just don't understand why they don't start arresting folks? Just by breaking curfew, you are breaking the law right? The 'innocent' ones are providing cover for the unlawful ones so in my eyes, they aren't much better. Once you arrest folks, I bet people leave faster. 
They started arresting groups out after curfew in Minneapolis tonight.

Well we know the looters of the Aldi in Philadelphia aren't exactly health conscious.  They didn't take any of the fruits and vegetables apparently from this live reporting inside the store.

The bikes that protesters were throwing at his truck? 
Local news released the name of the 35 year old Minnesota man and has been booked with assault charges, time will tell but questions are being asked why was he driving so fast and why did he stop and start driving again. At the same time  he may not have known the road was closed. 

I think thats a tad different than what you stated.  And was a part of the whole thought that they aren’t some organization or organized group. But fair enough.

Local station showing looting in progress in Long Beach. Busted through the boarding outside a Ross. All young people.

Seriously F 2020.  What has this world come too!? I cannot believe this is where we are as a society.  
If anyone else is living along the Atlantic or Gulf coasts, hurricane season officially kicks off in about 35 minutes, and we've already had a pair of named tropical storms. Batten down the hatches, we're only 5/12 of the way through 2020.

This free shopping spree in Boston tonight has zero to do with George Floyd, imo . TV crew across from stores filming people casually pulling in cars and loading up and police driving right by

Users who are viewing this thread