What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

So what is the end game for all the people coming in here talking about how terrible Michael is? It's weird to see the amount of energy invested in a player that so many of you don't like and, likely, don't own.

It's also not very excellent.
I do not understand this. What is the end game for people talking up a 3rd year player who has not been productive? So people are only allowed to talk up players? Pointing out a players faults and also trying to help those who just cant let go or realize something seems helpful. A lot of people own players and hate to part with them, Michael seems to be that guy for many.

It seems like Michael supporters do not want to see the truth or hear about how awful he has been and how he will not have any value unless he gets a chance by default because he isnt earning one. Sorry if it leaves a bad taste in your mouth but not agreeing with you does not mean they are not being excellent.
It is what is known as putting things in perspective. For at least two years, in this and the original CM thread we have been subjected to over-the-top pimping and predictions of future greatness by some posters (one in particular who shall not be named) based on his draft slot/combine numbers and preseason play (and his fans may still turn out to be right). However, when anyone questioned this player, whose success was called "inevitable" by some, they were labeled CM haters, rather than skeptics (which IMO was more accurate).

I have refrained from posting recently in this thread so as not to get involved in a back-and-forth that is perceived as being not about Michael. Anyway, for the record, I hope he succeeds and would say the same thing even I didn't own him in one league. I guess my point is a thread shouldn't be all cheerleading and those who are critical should not be labeled as "not being excellent." when perhaps they are just trying to give a contrary viewpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've reached peak CM silliness. This kind of stuff happens in every practice, every day. There's no reason to believe he didnt legit need a trainer to stretch him out.
Do reporters tweet about stuff like that every practice? Serious question.
Yup. And Dallas reporters for whatever reason are as curious about CM as us idiots.
Because he plays for the team the report on, at a position that has been a big focal point since Murray left.

So what is the end game for all the people coming in here talking about how terrible Michael is? It's weird to see the amount of energy invested in a player that so many of you don't like and, likely, don't own.

I do not understand this. What is the end game for people talking up a 3rd year player who has not been productive? So people are only allowed to talk up players? Pointing out a players faults and also trying to help those who just cant let go or realize something seems helpful. A lot of people own players and hate to part with them, Michael seems to be that guy for many.

It seems like Michael supporters do not want to see the truth or hear about how awful he has been and how he will not have any value unless he gets a chance by default because he isnt earning one. Sorry if it leaves a bad taste in your mouth but not agreeing with you does not mean they are not being excellent.

That being said, if McFadden goes down of course I will scoop him off waivers for a lotto ticket, but I am not hoping for much if he is given a chance.
I said nothing about being allowed to do anything, I just asked what the end game is for those who neither own nor seemingly like Michael? What is compelling you to come in here and make people "see the truth"?

And I am not really asking about any of this from my perspective. I think most people who have been coming to this thread regularly know that I am neither blindly loyal to Michael nor do I have trouble recognizing his status and I have been functioning more to point out when people seem to get inflamed and remind them that there is no need to take this personally. But I am genuinely curious what drives some to come in here and try to dispel the notions of enthusiasts about this particular player.

You serious Clark? Is this your first month in the pool? Folks love arguing fantasy sports. You know this. It's to a large extent harmless and even helpful. Sometimes we get threads like this. It's not often but once in awhile the hype is so over the top it's fun to laugh about. Though I have to go to Tatum Bell days to remember anything like this.
Tatum Bell is a great reference point. Anyone want to go back and see how many pages he got because I think Michael may be even more polarizing, at least Bell played some ball and even started a few games.

Tatum Bell is a great reference point. Anyone want to go back and see how many pages he got because I think Michael may be even more polarizing, at least Bell played some ball and even started a few games.
I only see one 7 page thread but a TON of shorter threads. Good god.

I was a Turbin guy in Seattle and thus didn't think much of Michael. I own him in a few leagues now. I still find a 37 page thread humorous since while McFadden will never last the season, Michael had so many issues in college and in spot play in the NFL (injuries/fumbles.)

That being said, if McFadden goes down of course I will scoop him off waivers for a lotto ticket, but I am not hoping for much if he is given a chance.
I said nothing about being allowed to do anything, I just asked what the end game is for those who neither own nor seemingly like Michael? What is compelling you to come in here and make people "see the truth"?

And I am not really asking about any of this from my perspective. I think most people who have been coming to this thread regularly know that I am neither blindly loyal to Michael nor do I have trouble recognizing his status and I have been functioning more to point out when people seem to get inflamed and remind them that there is no need to take this personally. But I am genuinely curious what drives some to come in here and try to dispel the notions of enthusiasts about this particular player.
I have an interest as I did draft him with my last pick but cut him loose a while ago and was able to pick up productive depth and a top WR now in Diggs (whom I cut Michael for ironically).

I think anyone still holding this guy is blowing chances at strengthening their team with players who you know.....actually play.

If Michael all of sudden turns into a starting RB as the posters who support him feel.....I will be the first in here to say...hey I got it wrong. I have never been one to ever run and hide under a rock when i have been wrong on players.

Ever.

I have an interest as I did draft him with my last pick but cut him loose a while ago and was able to pick up productive depth and a top WR now in Diggs (whom I cut Michael for ironically).

I think anyone still holding this guy is blowing chances at strengthening their team with players who you know.....actually play.

If Michael all of sudden turns into a starting RB as the posters who support him feel.....I will be the first in here to say...hey I got it wrong. I have never been one to ever run and hide under a rock when i have been wrong on players.

Ever.
I absolutely agree that a lot of guys are holding onto him when they should be pursuing better available players. Fortunately I am not in that situation, I have good depth at RB and WR. Michael is definitely the last guy on my bench (#7 RB) but I don't see anyone all that compelling to drop him for. Next week, however, that may change because my kicker (Lambo) will be on the bye so Michael may end up hitting the wire for another kicker. He's my #7 RB, I am not all that attached to him on my fantasy team.

Let's pretend McFadden gets hurt at the end of this game and is going to be out 4+ weeks.

Is Christine starting next week? Is he a 2 down back?

Any support left for this Michael guy is from people who know he isnt any good but will stick by their guns rather than saying they were wrong. He has not had success or has shown anything to make him be successful. Not one, but two teams have barely given him a chance so that says a lot. So why the love? Im really confused people still insist on talking this guy up when he cant start over a guy who just got cut and now a guy who everyone in the world seems to hate because he has been hurt in the past.
There is no love from the guys who have him on their team. There is a bunch of shtick saying how over-the-top awesome he is and then there's guys like you who seem to have this negative tone to your post. He's on my team only because I can spare the roster spot. I have my starters now and he's a lottery ticket.

Nothing more and nothing less. You are far from the first and you certainly won't be the last guy to come out of nowhere in this thread and attack people who have them on their team for whatever weird reason you guys do that.

Let's pretend McFadden gets hurt at the end of this game and is going to be out 4+ weeks.

Doubtful. Splits carries with Smith. I don't think the team trusts him. I gotta believe they will rotate a ton. I am shocked how ill prepared Dallas was and how badly they assessed Joseph Randle. Huge mistakes were made this off-season. They absolutely should have looked at a RB in the first 3 rounds. Their bread and butter was the running game last season.

They blew it in the front office (Jerry your a genius man).

We've reached peak CM silliness. This kind of stuff happens in every practice, every day. There's no reason to believe he didnt legit need a trainer to stretch him out.
Yup. And Dallas reporters for whatever reason are as curious about CM as us idiots.
Weird, I didn't see one today. Can you link it? You said they tweet about it every practice.

Weird, I didn't see one today. Can you link it? You said they tweet about it every practice.
Fridays a walkthrough, you'd really have to be moving slow. Are you honestly challenging that over 32 teams in the NFL, somebody isnt getting yelled at by a coach at a practice, and its thats not being noted on Twitter?

Linehan wasn't pleased with the tempo he saw from the team's backup running back.

"Yeah, I'm just hollering at him to get to the drills," Linehan said. "Everything is great. He understands. We got a high standard here. We got to get moving."

A few minutes later, Linehan went over to Michael, put his arm around him and had a brief chat.

"I think he was seeing the trainer and that's probably why he wasn't running the drill and I didn't know that," Linehan said. "He communicated that with me, so I understand. Next time let's make sure we get there a little quicker. It's all right. It's OK for coach to push players and players respond, that's all right."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/20151105-scott-linehan-sets-tone-early-in-practice-by-dropping-a-few-expletives.ece

:rolleyes:

do we know why he saw the trainer? is he on the injury report? what are the chances of double digit touches this week?

Every time I see this immensely dumb thread pop up in front of me on the first page I sit and think before click on it. I really don't want to click BC I know there's a 99% chance that there isn't anything of substance in it other than bickering nancies, but BC I own michael in a dynasty league and redraft I'm invested and feel the need to check even if it's only a 1% chance I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm actually at the point where I'm considering dropping him so I don't have to keep clicking on this garbage.

Every time I see this immensely dumb thread pop up in front of me on the first page I sit and think before click on it. I really don't want to click BC I know there's a 99% chance that there is actually something of substance in it other than bickering nancies, but BC I own michael in a dynasty league and redraft I'm invested and feel the need to check even if it's only a 1% chance I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm actually at the point where I'm considering dropping him so I don't have to keep clicking on this garbage.
Good info.

Every time I see this immensely dumb thread pop up in front of me on the first page I sit and think before click on it. I really don't want to click BC I know there's a 99% chance that there is actually something of substance in it other than bickering nancies, but BC I own michael in a dynasty league and redraft I'm invested and feel the need to check even if it's only a 1% chance I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It's a free country.

I totally understand why people are down on Michael and why they would post in here to express their point of view and thought process that leads them to that conclusion. What I don't appreciate is the tone of condescension among many of those posters towards the people who choose to hold onto this lotto ticket.

Will those same people come back to eat crow if DMC goes down within the next two weeks and Michael rips off a season-ending RB1 run? I doubt they would do that a lot more than I doubt the chances of C-Mike pulling that rabbit out for patient owners.

I start two RBs, I have two more for depth and my fifth is C-Mike. My logic that he's a fragile DMC injury away from the starting RB slot for a team that's poised to churn out RB1 stats is just as sound as yours that he's a worthless bum (i.e. both speculative). It cost me nothing to roster him and the opportunity cost of his slot hasn't been great enough for me to drop him (yet). I remain fluid. So should you.
Engraving on my brass knuckles. (I don't really own brass knuckles... actually I do.. they were a gift.)

The 5th place team in my league - 6 go to the playoffs - is starting CMike in the Flex for the third straight week.

That's a true believer.

The 5th place team in my league - 6 go to the playoffs - is starting CMike in the Flex for the third straight week.

That's a true believer.
Didn't you mention in the D Williams thread that he went to like the 7th waiver priority?

With these two pieces of evidence, it sounds like you're playing with guppies and should win your league every year.

rickyg said:
Every time I see this immensely dumb thread pop up in front of me on the first page I sit and think before click on it. I really don't want to click BC I know there's a 99% chance that there isn't anything of substance in it other than bickering nancies, but BC I own michael in a dynasty league and redraft I'm invested and feel the need to check even if it's only a 1% chance I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Rickyg, wait!

On the awesome side of things:

The league I don't own DMC, but do own Lewis - DMC owner picks up James White and then tries to trade him to me for CMike, almost said yes bc I thought the move was so funny.

Todem said:
AnonymousBob said:

Doubtful. Splits carries with Smith. I don't think the team trusts him. I gotta believe they will rotate a ton. I am shocked how ill prepared Dallas was and how badly they assessed Joseph Randle. Huge mistakes were made this off-season. They absolutely should have looked at a RB in the first 3 rounds. Their bread and butter was the running game last season.They blew it in the front office (Jerry your a genius man).
Thats what I think too. In fact I actually like Rod Smiths chances of cementing the Lions share better than I like Michaels. Although I think it will be a hot mess. If McFadden goes down, I don't see somebody rising too far from the ashes.

Todem said:
AnonymousBob said:

Doubtful. Splits carries with Smith. I don't think the team trusts him. I gotta believe they will rotate a ton. I am shocked how ill prepared Dallas was and how badly they assessed Joseph Randle. Huge mistakes were made this off-season. They absolutely should have looked at a RB in the first 3 rounds. Their bread and butter was the running game last season.They blew it in the front office (Jerry your a genius man).
Thats what I think too. In fact I actually like Rod Smiths chances of cementing the Lions share better than I like Michaels. Although I think it will be a hot mess. If McFadden goes down, I don't see somebody rising too far from the ashes.
I can see McFadden getting hurt and Michael taking over the starter role. And he'll run well. But after a few missed assignmemts and flags for taunting, he'll find himself right back on the bench.

Chaka said:
Todem said:

Ever.
I absolutely agree that a lot of guys are holding onto him when they should be pursuing better available players. Fortunately I am not in that situation, I have good depth at RB and WR. Michael is definitely the last guy on my bench (#7 RB) but I don't see anyone all that compelling to drop him for. Next week, however, that may change because my kicker (Lambo) will be on the bye so Michael may end up hitting the wire for another kicker. He's my #7 RB, I am not all that attached to him on my fantasy team.
You wouldn't just drop Lambo and grab a different kicker? I'd hold a guy with high upside over a kicker every time.

Chaka said:
Todem said:

Ever.
Holy crap, 7 RBs? How many roster spots do you have? I'm in a lot of leagues and I don't think any make it capable for me to roster 7 RBs.

I would not leave him out of your DFS line ups. Don't make this mistake this week.

Chaka said:
Todem said:

Ever.
You wouldn't just drop Lambo and grab a different kicker? I'd hold a guy with high upside over a kicker every time.
I may but Lambo has been super steady this year, has pretty good upside his own self. And I am not sure there is better on the FA market in my league.

Chaka said:
Todem said:

Ever.
Holy crap, 7 RBs? How many roster spots do you have?I'm in a lot of leagues and I don't think any make it capable for me to roster 7 RBs.
16 roster spots, 9 starters, super-flex. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1K, 1D + 2 flex (any position but 2 starting QB max). Right now I have 3 QBs, 7 RBs, 4 WRs, 1 K & 1 D. Ingram, Ivory & D.Lewis are my starters and, while they have all been awesome I have legitimate concern about their durability so I take a lot of shots at lottery pick backups (R.Matthews, K.Williams, C.Michael) and I also rostered Alfred Morris after he was dumped last week. Not a lottery pick guy but he has the best chance at 12 touches/week (or more) and a TD if none of my lottery picks pays off.

Users who are viewing this thread