What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (1 Viewer)

Putting the running game aside for a minute, what is the deal with Dallas' passing game? My recollection of Weeden in college is that he had a pretty good arm and could throw downfield. Then you see these ultra-conservative game plans where they seem deathly afraid of doing anything. I know their WRs are pants, but dude...2.6 YPA? They are "playing not to lose" in every game and it's just not enough at this level, especially against a team of New England's caliber.
Just wait until they stick Matt Cassell in there. They'll be dropping bombs like the Russian air force.

What, seriously? No I missed that...
Yeah when he stood up, he turned to the sideline with a scowl on his face and threw his arms up in the air. He was immediately pulled. I think there's a screw loose.
You sure about that order?

Seems a lot more likely he heard the signal to come out, and then he turned to the sideline and expressed his frustration before running off the field.

He +didn't put his arms up, they were to the side as if saying "see I deserve more carries". Or "see I'm better than Randle".

I don't defend what he did or even know what he was saying, it should have been said in private.

Have you ever had bosses that were inferior to you? He was behind Turbin and now Randle for 2 1/2 years and think he's frustrated. Maybe the Cowboys offered him more carries and he never go them. I don't know.

Hopefully they'll spend the bye working this out.

I don't think any decent player should be a robot and follow everything coaches say. I want some passion but he handled it poorly. I don't think he's crazy, I think he' s been stuck behind inferior players and is frustrated. Turpin and Randle?

I'm sure he's in the doghouse now and hope they can work this out.

Fred Jackson wrote a great article this week at the players Tribune. There was a part of the article that I think is applicable in this case here.

The coach calls out, Jet protection, and Im completely lost. Here I am, an eight-year NFL veteran and four-time team captain sitting in my 10,000th running backs meeting, and Im probably the only one in the room who doesnt know what Jet protection means.

Marshawn leans over to me.

Ace, he whispers. Its just like our old Ace protection in Buffalo, brah.

The names for the same schemes and protections vary from team to team. Ace is a slide protection where the running back is responsible for the two linebackers in his line of sight on blitz pickup. Ace protection but in Seattle, they call it Jet.

I write down in my notebook: Ace = Jet.

Now I know.

Thank God for Marshawn Lynch.

NFL teams install the offense three times before each season. First install is in OTAs, then they start over and re-install in mini-camp and then again in training camp. Its a lot to take in, so you get to learn it three times so it all sticks and you can easily make adjustments.

I missed all three of those installs at least for this offense. I spent my summer back in Buffalo thinking I was going to line up in the backfield for my ninth season as a Bill. But when I got released, I suddenly found myself in a new place learning a whole new offense.
This guy is a seasoned vet talking about how difficult it was too pick up an offense. This is the same challenge facing Michael. Those that are still holding on need to be looking at weeks 8+.

Once again I don't think anything has changed. He was always a hold until after the bye week and nothing that happened this week was entirely unexpected or changed his prospects. If they come out of the bye and Michael is still getting one carry a game I would definitely cut him but if you held onto him this long then you should probably still hold.

Once again I don't think anything has changed. He was always a hold until after the bye week and nothing that happened this week was entirely unexpected or changed his prospects. If they come out of the bye and Michael is still getting one carry a game I would definitely cut him but if you held onto him this long then you should probably still hold.
I didn't see it that way. My guess was that we should see if the carries would start to share this week and then if they stuck with Michael for a couple of drives they would transition during the bye. Maybe.

But instead they came out of the half and first drive there was Michael.... but he was immediately pulled after his 3rd & 1 burst for 6. Then he didn't get put in on the goal line, and actually Randle got pulled for McFadden (senseless to me from a playcalling deception standpoint, either way). And they were down considerably in the 2nd half and didn't give Michael a chance to provide a spark. The Cowboys just seem to be making moves at RB in-game to make them. It's also all pointless with Weeden and soon Cassel in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see it that way. My guess was that we should see if the carries would start to share this week and then if they stuck with Michael for a couple of drives they would transition during the bye. Maybe.

But instead they came out of the half and first drive there was Michael.... but he was immediately pulled after his 3rd & 1 burst for 6. Then he didn't get put in on the goal line, and actually Randle got pulled for McFadden (senseless to me from a playcalling deception standpoint, either way). And they were down considerably in the 2nd half and didn't give Michael a chance to provide a spark. The Cowboys just seem to be making moves at RB in-game to make them. It's also all pointless with Weeden and soon Cassel in there.
Dal isn't just making moves at RB to make them, though. They have been fairly consistent with the MO of Randle as the starter getting the 1st 3 series (I think it's been 1st 3 pretty much every game), McFadden comes in as the backup and Dunbar (now McFadden) as the 3rd down RB. They didn't come out of the half with CMike, they came out with their starter, Randle. CMike came in for a short yardage carry on the drive and then came back out for the starter. They seem to envision CMike as a short yardage guy right now, nothing more. The seem to have a pretty consistent 1/2 rotation with Randle and McFadden.

CMike needs to work his way into that rotation.

Right now, Randle is the only guy to own unless you are PPR where McFadden (9 receptions yesterday) then has value.

You may be right and yesterday was discouraging but I still think the expectation for him should have always been "post bye" before we know anything for sure.

Still without Romo and Dez I think it's pretty obvious that all Dallas RBs aren't worth much even if one of them did manage to consistently get 20+ touches/game.

As soon as I drop, Randle will go down. But I've seen enough
Yup. I feel like I'm completely stuck with him.
on a serious note, why? in Dyno I get but in re-draft he should of been dropped like week3, more valuable assets out there and even if by some miracle he is the sole RB on dallas getting touches, he wont do much better than Joe Randle
I'm talking dynasty. I still think he's much more talented than Randle

What, seriously? No I missed that...
Yeah when he stood up, he turned to the sideline with a scowl on his face and threw his arms up in the air. He was immediately pulled. I think there's a screw loose.
You sure about that order?Seems a lot more likely he heard the signal to come out, and then he turned to the sideline and expressed his frustration before running off the field.
That could be as well.

Im kinda curious, what kinda trade it would take for some of you guys (sorta on the fence) too sell CMike..

Does anyone have any real recent trades in their League.. Yes, if ya know the offer (IF good) that would probably be worth hearing.

Im not wanting too sound too dumb or anything, but the Cowboys dont need a closer currently. (finishing out a Win)

In all actuality, McFadden sounds like he fits the bill for the "rest of game" role.. Increasing the odds of a Defense to play the pass?

For me this is my 2nd time owning CMike..

I mean I know things should change some post -bye, as things usually do get rebuilt at that time.. As opposed to try an quick fix/adjust every game..

I dunno maybe its too many rbbc games or something, But but

Im beginning to think I might have plugged up my bn again, holding next Seasons player for all too see.

Im kinda curious, what kinda trade it would take for some of you guys (sorta on the fence) too sell CMike..

Does anyone have any real recent trades in their League.. Yes, if ya know the offer (IF good) that would probably be worth hearing.

Im not wanting too sound too dumb or anything, but the Cowboys dont need a closer currently. (finishing out a Win)

In all actuality, McFadden sounds like he fits the bill for the "rest of game" role.. Increasing the odds of a Defense to play the pass?

I mean I know things should change some post -bye, as things usually do get rebuilt at that time.. As opposed to try an quick fix/adjust every game..

Im beginning to think I might have plugged up my bn again, holding next Seasons player for all too see.
WW flavor of the week will do.

I'll be putting in for West at the expense of Michael this week. Can't continue with the dead weight if there's a better option. He'll also be a drop if I'm forced to bring someone off my IR.

mikel0254 said:
I'll be putting in for West at the expense of Michael this week. Can't continue with the dead weight if there's a better option. He'll also be a drop if I'm forced to bring someone off my IR.
I still don't get this West love. Knile Davis is the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Short Corner said:
Dismattle said:

How many stashes do most teams have? Rawls might be the lotto ticket. If Lynch is breaking down, now, this season, it may have already happened and passed by. Now here comes West. Meanwhile in Dallas....

RBM said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
RBM said:
bulger2holt said:
As soon as I drop, Randle will go down. But I've seen enough
Yup. I feel like I'm completely stuck with him.
on a serious note, why? in Dyno I get but in re-draft he should of been dropped like week3, more valuable assets out there and even if by some miracle he is the sole RB on dallas getting touches, he wont do much better than Joe Randle
I'm talking dynasty. I still think he's much more talented than Randle
he should of replaced him by now. shrug

Short Corner said:
Dismattle said:

How many stashes do most teams have? Rawls might be the lotto ticket. If Lynch is breaking down, now, this season, it may have already happened and passed by. Now here comes West. Meanwhile in Dallas....
Currently weighing dropping CM for LaFell. Rawls had a great game but I'm still not sold on Seattle's oline rest of season. Not many other RB lottos on the market currently.

That said it's a tough call. On one hand it doesn't seem prudent to drop CM now before their bye week in case we start hearing reports he's getting more 1st team reps etc. On the other hand, does it even matter if he gets more work after the bye? Dallas offensive situation isn't exactly enticing overall until Dez and more importantly Romo return.

mikel0254 said:
I still don't get this West love. Knile Davis is the truth.
No. The team was already having issues with Davis in the offseason and was looking for a better option.

Users who are viewing this thread