What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Account Suspended (1 Viewer)

mitchh1124

Footballguy
I got an email this morning saying i needed to verify my account

no problem.

the problem was when i was putting in my birthday( on my phone )

it submitted before i put the year ( 1990 ) and it now has me as a 13 year old ( 2002 )

and my account is ineligible

I have contacted support

hopefully, this is resolved before the big weekend of football.

I just had the same thing happen. I think the issue is that if your profile details aren't complete, which it might not be if they've never mailed you a tax form, what you enter when they ask you to verify is not going to reconcile. So for those who haven't verified yet, I'd go to you account info and your profile is complete before doing the verification, which you don't have to do immediately as they're giving you until the end of the month to do.

In the meantime, they're saying they're getting bombarded by email requests about this and it could take a day or two to resolve. That's horse#### and they need to put tips on the verification page for how to not let this happen. Then again, my cynical self is suspicious that they knew this was going to happen and perhaps they are using it to keep more cash on hand by tying up some payouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had the same thing happen. I think the issue is that if your profile details aren't complete, which it might not be if they've never mailed you a tax form, what you enter when they ask you to verify is not going to reconcile. So for those who haven't verified yet, I'd go to you account info and your profile is complete before doing the verification, which you don't have to do immediately as they're giving you until the end of the month to do.

In the meantime, they're saying they're getting bombarded by email requests about this and it could take a day or two to resolve. That's horse#### and they need to put tips on the verification page for how to not let this happen. Then again, my cynical self is suspicious that they knew this was going to happen and perhaps they are using it to keep more cash on hand by tying up some payouts.
I verified mine with no issues. They already have my SSN because I had reportable income from them last year.

Its almost like they want to preemptively eliminate the argument that the people playing their games arent paying taxes before theyre arguing it in court.

This is all due to measures that are preventing under 18 year olds to play. The last thing the sites want to have happen is have a 15 year old playing and that come up in court. This should also help curb some of the multi-account issues.

Ok, that makes sense. As long as they can process quickly and people aren't getting shut out of contests. If we have til end of month there is no reason to be suspending accounts now.

Black out everything on your DL except for your address and photo - at least that's what I would do.

once i completed the verification process

I sent an email saying that i finished the process

he replied back a few hours later

that i was ready to play again

The verification asked for "Full Name" so I gave it. They refused to send my check, so I sent a request in for support. The replied that my information was not exact because I had added my first name. It was resolved.

This is crap that FanDuel requires my SSN. I'm not going to win > $600 this year, but they won't release my funds. Given the questionable integrity of these sites, I'm not excited about giving anything other than my paypal name.

Now I have to scan my driver's license and a separate head shot. Wtf?
So don't play
My account was suspended until they received those things. That was the issue, cleetus. And I found it odd, not troublesome, which is quite a bit different than being uncomfortable giving them your ssn. Which I get by the way, hence so don't play. They need mine for 1099s anyway, so not a big deal to me.

Apple Jack said:
So don't play.
That was actually my plan. However, I can't remove my balance.
Are you sure they're not just waiting for dl and head shot to "verify id?" Or are they insisting on SSN for all withdrawals?

Honestly, if I didn't need (or plan on needing) a 1099, I would bail rather than give my ssn, too.

I'm pretty sure my first withdrawal this year did not require an ssn. I wasn't prompted until after I went over the $600/1099 threshold.

Have you emailed them? At the very least, you might be able to get a refund. And I wouldn't be surprised if they give you the withdrawal.

I'm pretty sure my first withdrawal this year did not require an ssn. I wasn't prompted until after I went over the $600/1099 threshold.

Have you emailed them? At the very least, you might be able to get a refund. And I wouldn't be surprised if they give you the withdrawal.
Yep. I emailed them asking if I could send in a pic of my driver's license instead of SSN - no response, of course.

jabarony said:

Yep. I emailed them asking if I could send in a pic of my driver's license instead of SSN - no response, of course.
... thankfully still getting the spam emails, though.

Its not "for tax purposes" unless you make over $600 in a year. And putting your info in yet another database at threat to be hacked for no good reason is not a smart thing to do. I would like to hear a more detailed rationale from them than this "for tax purposes" nonsense. And what happens to the money belonging to people who wont give their SSN?

ETA: I'm referring to players who opened accounts and played contests before they made this policy known beyond a T&C's update. I get new accounts having to do it, as it's clear that's how it goes and you can take it or leave it. But to update the policy without making it abundantly clear to all players, and having people continue to play knowing that many are not going to be comfortable giving their SSNs, is bad form. There should have been a banner at the top of every page on the site when that policy took effect and people with money in their accounts should have had a grace period to withdraw. It has no effect on me, but that definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Its not "for tax purposes" unless you make over $600 in a year. And putting your info in yet another database at threat to be hacked for no good reason is not a smart thing to do. I would like to hear a more detailed rationale from them than this "for tax purposes" nonsense. And what happens to the money belonging to people who wont give their SSN?

ETA: I'm referring to players who opened accounts and played contests before they made this policy known beyond a T&C's update. I get new accounts having to do it, as it's clear that's how it goes and you can take it or leave it. But to update the policy without making it abundantly clear to all players, and having people continue to play knowing that many are not going to be comfortable giving their SSNs, is bad form. There should have been a banner at the top of every page on the site when that policy took effect and people with money in their accounts should have had a grace period to withdraw. It has no effect on me, but that definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Can someone elaborate here? I've won well over that but have lost about the same amount. I've withdrawn over $600 but deposited about as much.

Can someone elaborate here? I've won well over that but have lost about the same amount. I've withdrawn over $600 but deposited about as much.
All of your net income from DFS is taxable. If you make $5, you're supposed to report it on your return.

You can subtract losses from wins to get a net amount for the year, and probably just report the net figure for each site. (This would be way more complicated if DFS were gambling. Thank goodness it's totally not.)

A site will issue you a 1099 (and report your net earnings to the IRS) if you net at least $600 there in a calendar year. All the sites I know of, as far as I remember, go by deposits versus withdrawals rather than by wins versus losses. As long as you don't withdraw, I don't believe you'll get a 1099. But that's based on previous years -- it could be different now. And I could be misremembering.

This is not tax advice. For actual tax advice, you should seek the opinion of someone who knows what he's talking about.

It's "net". If you win $800, but your entry fees were $600, then you don't need to pay taxes on the $200 (and FanDuel shouldn't send you the tax forms). Just look at your account history. There should be 2 columns for winnings and entries. You should even be able to drop it in excel.

It's "net". If you win $800, but your entry fees were $600, then you don't need to pay taxes on the $200 (and FanDuel shouldn't send you the tax forms). Just look at your account history. There should be 2 columns for winnings and entries. You should even be able to drop it in excel.
Actually, MT is right. The $200 would be income, but not high enough for FD to send you the form. i.e. it's on you to report.

And I finally got a response from FD about my inquiry if my driver's license was sufficient. They really didn't address that at all. It was just a cut-n-paste email of them wanting to verify information, protecting their business, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread