What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

Yeah even if that were a random 1st it would be really bad.  A likely early 1st is really really bad.

And the second trade isn't that much better.
I could see a legit contender tossing out a probable late first and getting back a 2nd, 3rd, and AP.  Maybe you get a win or two out of it and a better seed/bye/something.

For a non-contender to make this trade, well that's why he's a non-contender, because he makes trades like this.

I'm in this league, and I thought it was awful - side getting Hopkins/Gurley got a major steal.  Oddly though, I was in the minority it seemed....

New guy joined the league and took over the team with Gurley/Hopkins.  Another owner immediately pounced and took him behind the woodshed
I don't see any way to unpack that to see how the Robinson side got the major steal.  I suppose it's possible to slightly prefer the Robinson side if you're looking for an exit strategy on Gurley, but it's never going to be a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is a week or so old, but thought it was interesting...

14 team PPR, superflex

Odell Beckham and Ty Montgomery

for

Brandin Cooks, Tyler Lockett, 1.01, 2.04, 2018 2nd

I don't see any way to unpack that to see how the Robinson side got the major steal.  I suppose it's possible to slightly prefer the Robinson side if you're looking for an exit strategy on Gurley, but it's never going to be a steal.
Robinson side?  Do you mean Nuk/Gurley side?

Dan Hindery said:

14 team PPR, superflex

for

I will go OBJ but it's very close for me. 

Two trades between the same two teams in 12-team ppr league

Team A gives Adrian Peterson, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd

Team B gives 2017 5.02, 2018 1st

Team A gives Terrence West, Christine Michael, Brandon Marshall, 2017 3.01

Team B gives CJ Anderson, TJ Yeldon
Team B is not real bright

Pretty bold move, seems awfully light for gurley
I agree, in terms of trade value; Gurley should cost more.  But I also think that it's perfectly logical to value Ajayi more than Gurley straight up.  Purely as a runner, Ajayi looked as special as I hoped Gurley would eventually.  

I agree, in terms of trade value; Gurley should cost more.  But I also think that it's perfectly logical to value Ajayi more than Gurley straight up.  Purely as a runner, Ajayi looked as special as I hoped Gurley would eventually.  
maybe it is logical but I pretty strongly disagree, I don't think Ajayi looked special. He had some good games and some good runs last year but I don't think these 2 backs are comparable

maybe it is logical but I pretty strongly disagree, I don't think Ajayi looked special. He had some good games and some good runs last year but I don't think these 2 backs are comparable
Ajayi led the league in YAC and broken tackles per touch.  He averaged 3.5 YAC per touch(!!!).  His YAR and DYAR were higher than Gurley's rookie season (and obviously MUCH higher than his 2016 numbers).  PFF graded Ajayi as the 2nd best back in the league with a grade of 84.9 and the best pure runner (85.2).  Gurley has grades of 75.4 and 68.8 in his career.  The numbers simply don't leave room for the suggestion that Ajayi wasn't special with the ball in his hands last year; he clearly was.  I'd actually agree with you; they haven't been comparable to this point.  Hopefully for Gurley owners that changes eventually.  

I thought the big question with Ajayi coming out of college was some felt he had a degenerative knee issue that could shorten his career?  This is just going off my feeble memory.  If that is correct that might weigh into one's dynasty ranking of him.

I thought the big question with Ajayi coming out of college was some felt he had a degenerative knee issue that could shorten his career?  This is just going off my feeble memory.  If that is correct that might weigh into one's dynasty ranking of him.
There is concern that he could need microfracture surgery eventually.  Certainly a valid reason to devalue him.  The bone-on-bone stuff was not accurate, however.  I value him less than I would with a clean bill of health.  That said, I still value him highly, as he'd be my RB4 without the potential knee issues. 

FFPC

Team A gets: Stefon Diggs + 1.04

Team B gets: Amari Cooper + 2.10
Big Diggs fan, actually feel he's a poor mans Cooper or put another way Cooper at less price.  But not quite as good as Cooper, a fairly more brittle and without benefit of being tied to hip long term with young elite QB.

All in all I might be in minority but feel this is close. Especially if Team really needs a RB and even if they got shut out of RB market you'd have to think Davis/Diggs got a shot to be better than Cooper.

But I own Cooper on a team that needs a RB and I would not give him up for this so give me Cooper side.

Big Diggs fan, actually feel he's a poor mans Cooper or put another way Cooper at less price.  But not quite as good as Cooper, a fairly more brittle and without benefit of being tied to hip long term with young elite QB.

All in all I might be in minority but feel this is close. Especially if Team really needs a RB and even if they got shut out of RB market you'd have to think Davis/Diggs got a shot to be better than Cooper.

But I own Cooper on a team that needs a RB and I would not give him up for this so give me Cooper side.
Funny, that's exactly how I broke this down and ended up in favor of the Diggs side.  Diggs and Mixon or Davis seems a lot better to me than Cooper and ... Hunt?  Marlon Mack?  Jamal Williams?  I almost always take the better player in this scenario, but I think this one's worth the dice roll.

Standard 12 Tm PPR

A gets: Gio/Hill

B gets: D.Murray/2.08

Edit: Not involved.  Love it for B. 

Gurley by a country mile.
Me too.  Love Ajayi, and I'm higher than most on him, but this is really selling him high and buying Gurley low in one move - very slick.  LAR just agreed with Whitworth so there's one improved OL spot already.  New HC that had a ton of success with donkeys like Matt Jones and Rob Kelley - yes please.

Gurley by a country mile.
Me too.  Love Ajayi, and I'm higher than most on him, but this is really selling him high and buying Gurley low in one move - very slick.  LAR just agreed with Whitworth so there's one improved OL spot already.  New HC that had a ton of success with donkeys like Matt Jones and Rob Kelley - yes please.

Whitworth will be a huge get for the Rams.  According to PFF, Robinson was by far the Rams worst offensive lineman and Whitworth was the second best tackle in football.  Hard to overstate that impact. 

Concept Coop said:
Standard 12 Tm PPR

A gets: Gio/Hill

B gets: D.Murray/2.08

Edit: Not involved.  Love it for B. 
I'd take Murray/pick.  Murray is a true RB1 and averaged over 20 ppg.  He is 29 and I expect Henry to cut in some, but for now Murray is a weekly play.

The problem with Hill/Gio is they each average 12 ppg and of the 10 games they played together, Hill led in scoring in 5 and Gio in 5.  So, if you're playing one, which one?  If, you are playing both you only get 24 points out of your 2 RB slots.  You can do better than that starting Murray and Kyle Juszcyck each week.  :-)

Getting a 2nd rd pick is gravy. 

I'd take Murray/pick.  Murray is a true RB1 and averaged over 20 ppg.  He is 29 and I expect Henry to cut in some, but for now Murray is a weekly play.

The problem with Hill/Gio is they each average 12 ppg and of the 10 games they played together, Hill led in scoring in 5 and Gio in 5.  So, if you're playing one, which one?  If, you are playing both you only get 24 points out of your 2 RB slots.  You can do better than that starting Murray and Kyle Juszcyck each week.  :-)

Getting a 2nd rd pick is gravy. 
My thoughts as well.  I'll add that Hill's production came largely from a role that I expect him to lose this off-season.  The guy was thoroughly outplayed by Rex freaking Burkhead.  Hill burned me (1.07) and I was a fan at one point, but he's been garbage for 2 years now.  I like Gio more as an NFL player than fantasy asset, even in PPR formats.  He's very solid depth, but give me difference maker for 1-2 years over depth for 3+. 

Murray > Gio

2.08 > Hill

FFPC

Not involved, but I like the 1.09 side.  Team B essentially gives up 2 spots + 1st + 2nd....for.....D Henry

Team A gets:      1.09 + 2018 1st + 2018 2nd

Team B gets:      1.11 + D Henry + 2018 5th

Two trades between the same two teams in 12-team ppr league

Team A gives Adrian Peterson, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd

Team B gives 2017 5.02, 2018 1st

Team A gives Terrence West, Christine Michael, Brandon Marshall, 2017 3.01

Team B gives CJ Anderson, TJ Yeldon
Unless Brandon Marshall returns to top 12 WR status for the Giants, Team A made out in both trades, though the second one is closer.  West and Michael are both spot starter lottery tickets, but the problem is that they are scratchers, not lotto... even if they hit, you go from spot starter to  mediocre RB2/3.  

I see the second trade as three 3rd round picks (West, Michael, 3.01) plus a 2d (Marshall) for a late first (Anderson) plus a 2d (Yeldon)

The first trade is two seconds (including AP) and a third for an early first.  In both I prefer the quality over the quantity.

16 man IDP

Team A gets Watkins

Team B gets 1.05, 2018 1st.

14 team PPR, superflex

for

12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty. Not involved

Team A: Gave 2017 1.01/Cole Beasley

Team B: Gave AJ Green/2017 rookie pick 5.04.

FFPC

Seems like the trades are getting a bit more balanced.

FFPC

Not involved, but I like the 1.09 side.  Team B essentially gives up 2 spots + 1st + 2nd....for.....D Henry

Team A gets:      1.09 + 2018 1st + 2018 2nd

Team B gets:      1.11 + D Henry + 2018 5th
I'd pay it for Henry if I had a good team and was looking to stock for the future, but I wouldn't if I wasn't a lock to contend.  Having Henry might not even help ensure that unless there's a development with Murray. 

FFPC

I'lI take Cooper by quite a bit.

Even if you don't like him this seems like a relatively low sale.  I own him in one league and get better offers than this regularly.

Right now in the FBG community startup rankings Cooper went at 1.8.  Rookie pick1.04 and Diggs are both still on the board at pick 30.  It will likely end up the equivalent of a late 3rd and mid 4th for a mid 1st, which seems like pretty bad value for the team giving up the 1st. 

12 team PPR

Team A WR heavy- gives K. Allen

Team B RB heavy- gives J. Howard

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Dwayne Allen and 2.1

Got: 2018 1 (from team who earned 1.1 in 2017 but doesn't have the pick, or any picks before round 3)

Gave: 2.4/4.1/2018 1 (mid to late)

Got: 2018 1/2018 2 (from team who earned 1.1 in 2017, doesn't own it and was 7-136 in all-play last year)

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Dwayne Allen and 2.1

Got: 2018 1 (from team who earned 1.1 in 2017 but doesn't have the pick, or any picks before round 3)

Gave: 2.4/4.1/2018 1 (mid to late)

Got: 2018 1/2018 2 (from team who earned 1.1 in 2017, doesn't own it and was 7-136 in all-play last year)
Someone schooled a guy then got schooled for his schooling profit.

Users who are viewing this thread