What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

I sent 2018 1st. I am 2 - 2

I  received Abdullah and Marquise Lee. 
Ouch.  I see Abdullah as replacement level and Lee not much more.

If you're 2-2, let's say that makes you 8-8 for the season - essentially the 1.07 pick in next year's rookie draft.  I think I would prefer players around that spot over Abdullah and Lee going forward.

Couple of trades I have done, all touchdowns are 6 points ppr scoring, start 1 qb, 2rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, but different leagues.

I sent Jay Ajayi and Jared Cook

I received Sterling Shepard and a 2018 1st.

I am rebuilding and now have 5 1st round picks next year, he is 1 - 3 and is a borderline playoff team.

I sent Gronk

I received Tyrell Williams, Jimmy Graham, and a 2018 1st and 2nd

I am a playoff contender and think I still am. Felt like this was a pretty decent exit price on Gronk. He is a playoff contender as well

I sent Cooper Kupp, a 2018 1st, and Davante Adams

I received Hopkins and Gallaman

I am a contender and he is rebuilding and has had Hopkins on the block for a while.
Not sure on #1 - Ajayi could be RB12ish and Cook is throw-in level; Shepard is a WR3, so it all comes down to where the 2018 1st falls.

For #2, I would prefer Gronk.  If it's close, I like getting the best player in the deal.

For #3, I really don't like it.  I think Kupp is going to be a Julian Edelman type and Davante Adams is going to be a top-10 WR as soon as next season.  So with Adams and Hopkins around the same, it's Kupp and a 2018 1st for Gallman.  No thanks.

For #3, I really don't like it.  I think Kupp is going to be a Julian Edelman type and Davante Adams is going to be a top-10 WR as soon as next season.  So with Adams and Hopkins around the same, it's Kupp and a 2018 1st for Gallman.  No thanks.
I don't think Hopkins and Adams are close in value.  Even if Adams re-signs, I strongly prefer Hopkins.  If Adams bolts, I could see him struggling to put up WR2 numbers.  If I had the depth, I'd do it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't care he's out. Graham doesn't look great and Willson has looked solid when he's been out. He's at the end. 
I think what he's saying - and I'm not agreeing - is that Efiert's career is toast. Personally, I will move him to IR and hope where I do own him but multiple back surgeries for a position like TE is not ideal.

I don't think Hopkins and Adams are close in value.  Even if Adams re-signs, I strongly prefer Hopkins.  If Adams bolts, I could see him struggling to put up WR2 numbers.  If I had the depth, I'd do it. 
We disagree.  Fairly confident Adams re-signs AND that Jordy Nelson only has a short time left (based on his age).  Rodgers surely isn't going to stop slinging it around and all this is my reasoning for ranking the two of them close in value.

We disagree.  Fairly confident Adams re-signs AND that Jordy Nelson only has a short time left (based on his age).  Rodgers surely isn't going to stop slinging it around and all this is my reasoning for ranking the two of them close in value.
Why are you confident that he re-signs?  If I'm the Packers, I'm letting him walk.  He's going to get 10M/yr--and just isn't worth that to the offense.  Plug in any number of guys and that offense doesn't miss a beat.  

Edit: Well over 10M/Yr

I view the Adams situation as very murky. Jordy isn't going anywhere as long as he plays well and he still is. Prior to the start of the season I was thinking they may part ways with Cobb and give Adams a nice contract. Cobb has played reasonably well this year. They also have Geronimo who has looked good when needed. In the end they can't afford big contracts on Jordy, Cobb and Adams and they have Geronimo waiting for his chance. They may end up letting Adams sign elsewhere and collect compensatory picks.

I view the Adams situation as very murky. Jordy isn't going anywhere as long as he plays well and he still is. Prior to the start of the season I was thinking they may part ways with Cobb and give Adams a nice contract. Cobb has played reasonably well this year. They also have Geronimo who has looked good when needed. In the end they can't afford big contracts on Jordy, Cobb and Adams and they have Geronimo waiting for his chance. They may end up letting Adams sign elsewhere and collect compensatory picks.
I'm pretty sure Cobb and Jordy become FA's after 2018. So if they resign Adams now, they'll only have one year of all three of these guys making big $.

I'm pretty sure Cobb and Jordy become FA's after 2018. So if they resign Adams now, they'll only have one year of all three of these guys making big $.
I view Adams as a product of the system. I don't think when Jordy drops off that Adams will just step in and be the guy. He will have good weeks like last week, but I don't think he can be a dominate wr1 when he is the guy and teams are game planning to stop. Hopkins is. 

I view Adams as a product of the system. I don't think when Jordy drops off that Adams will just step in and be the guy. He will have good weeks like last week, but I don't think he can be a dominate wr1 when he is the guy and teams are game planning to stop. Hopkins is. 
Oh, I agree with you. I'd take Hopkins over Adams without thinking about it at all. I'm just pointing out that there's still a good chance he stays in GB.

Oh, I agree with you. I'd take Hopkins over Adams without thinking about it at all. I'm just pointing out that there's still a good chance he stays in GB.
He might, that didn't factor in my decision though. I think he is a solid wr2 for fantasy. Hopkins is an elite wr1. 

Not an Adams fan, but this argument is a bit weak.

If the system is having a HoF qb, that system can easily go away. Just like Hopkins having a reasonably competent qb who peppers him with a target rate that in 99% of cases would be unsustainable, can go away.

With WRs, IMO, skill is almost equally as important as opportunity. There are exceptions, but Hopkins isnt one

Anyone trading McGuire or Kupp in PPR dynasty? I am very high on Kupp, but just got an offer of Crabtree for my Kupp & McGuire in PPR dynasty. I should probably take it, but my love for Kupp is holding me back. Am I insane? :D

This is how I see it and the league added 5 roster spots this year and are removing kickers and defenses next year. So 30 roster spots for 8 starters. 

Not an Adams fan, but this argument is a bit weak.

If the system is having a HoF qb, that system can easily go away. Just like Hopkins having a reasonably competent qb who peppers him with a target rate that in 99% of cases would be unsustainable, can go away.

With WRs, IMO, skill is almost equally as important as opportunity. There are exceptions, but Hopkins isnt one
Not what I meant by it for Adams. 

12 team, 0.5PPR, start 1/2/3/1

Team A gives 2018 2nd (borderline playoff team)

Team B gives Adrian Peterson and 2018 3rd (borderline playoff team)

10 team non PPR - qb, rb, wr, wr, te, flex, flex, idp

Zeek for Antonio Brown - straight, no chaser.  Position wise it helped both teams (Zeke team also has Fournette, Hunt, Hyde, Ingram, Abdullah - Brown team has Cooks, Pryor, M Bryant, Corey Davis and a now hurt A Rob). 

FFPC sent this out with me thinking there's about a 10% chance he'd accept

Traded away: TY Hilton

Got: OBJ

I'm playing for next year, he's going for this year.

Just completed a trade in a contract dynasty league (contracts are for one to four years).  Pretty standard roster construction and scoring, although we have to start a rookie (making rookies and future picks more valuable than normal).

I give: Marlon Mack (four year deal), Devontae Booker (three years), and my 2nd round pick next year

I get: Tom Brady (one year), Chris Ivory (two years, and 3rd round pick of another team (probably somewhere in the middle of that round

I have a really good team, but with Luck injured and Stafford inconsistent, I've been giving up points at QB most weeks.  I hate to give up Mack and still like Booker a bit, I have LeVeon Bell (four year deal), Fournette (four years), and Ajayi (two years) to hopefully hold down the RB spot for the foreseeable future.  Ideally, Mack and Booker would never see the field for me, and I'm worried enough about Luck that I wanted to strike now while the price was right.  This is a good year to make a push, since most of the teams in my league have had issues and I'm solid (I start Brown, Evans, and Jordy at WR and can start either Fournette or Trubisky at the rookie slot).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

12 team PPR

I started a rebuild after starting slow and feeling that I had a pretty bad shot at making playoffs. These trades were made before last weeks games

I traded: Antonio Brown

I received: 2018 1st and 2nd, Devin Funchess and Carlos Henderson

The first and second are from the same team which would currently be the 1.1 and I would say is a lock for top 3. 

I traded: Powell

I received: 2018 third
Made another trade:

I gave: Cam Newton, Jay Ajayi, Larry Fitzgerald and Greg Olsen

I received: Allen Robinson and Cameron Meredith

Still have mariota at QB

Not know

Made another trade:

Still have mariota at QB
Not terrible, but not sure I like the value for either. 

To me, not knowing if I was getting pick 1 or pick 3 next year, I'd want more for Brown, don't really value the rest in that deal very highly.

I'd think you could get more for that package, particularly Ajai as he is healthy, if you're sold that Robinson is top 10 dynasty WR and no concerns then looks better..

Yeah, I think this was a low risk high reward as I can see Graham moving back up to the top 5 TE's for the next few years. I love the talent/potential of Eifert but I really don't think he will be healthy enough to be a fantasy factor moving forward.

Not know

Not terrible, but not sure I like the value for either. 

To me, not knowing if I was getting pick 1 or pick 3 next year, I'd want more for Brown, don't really value the rest in that deal very highly.

I'd think you could get more for that package, particularly Ajai as he is healthy, if you're sold that Robinson is top 10 dynasty WR and no concerns then looks better..
I shopped brown to almost every team, wasn't getting much interest from all but 2 teams. Maybe should have held out but I also didn't want to have to keep starting brown and end up winning games and hurting my own first round pick. I like the potential RBs coming out this year and figured it wasn't terrible value. I woulda liked more but for some reason the other teams didn't want to improve.

as for the Robinson trade. I do like him quite a bit, I don't feel like I lost much in Olsen and fitz as they are older. Ajayi was another that I shopped to every team that could have used a rb and no one was really interested and liked getting potentially 2 good starting wrs

matttyl said:
10 team non PPR - qb, rb, wr, wr, te, flex, flex, idp

Zeek for Antonio Brown - straight, no chaser.  Position wise it helped both teams (Zeke team also has Fournette, Hunt, Hyde, Ingram, Abdullah - Brown team has Cooks, Pryor, M Bryant, Corey Davis and a now hurt A Rob). 
Zeke for me and I don't even like him. 

Zyphros said:
FFPC sent this out with me thinking there's about a 10% chance he'd accept

Traded away: TY Hilton

Got: OBJ

I'm playing for next year, he's going for this year.
Nice job, I do see both sides. Depends on how strong his team is. 

Made another trade:

Still have mariota at QB
Seems like selling way low on Ajayi and also Newton. also seems like a lot to give for AR.  

I look at it as you should have been able to get AR for newton and larry (assuming this guy needed a qb).  And ajayi and Olsen for meridith feels like a huge overpay.  You can flip names around in that senerio and it just doesn't work for me anyways. Good luck regardless 

Seems like selling way low on Ajayi and also Newton. also seems like a lot to give for AR.  

I look at it as you should have been able to get AR for newton and larry (assuming this guy needed a qb).  And ajayi and Olsen for meridith feels like a huge overpay.  You can flip names around in that senerio and it just doesn't work for me anyways. Good luck regardless 
I don't see anyone moving AR for Newton plus a WR that wil likely retire after this year. I'm in the league and the guy definitely neeeded a QB. Only has Tyrod and Eli. I figured Ajayi+Fitz + Olsen should be plenty and Cam was free.

16 Team PPR  dynasty, 26 man roster

QB-2rb, 3 wr, te,k de flex

Team A gives:

Leveon Bell

Carson Wentz

Jared Cook

2018 5th round

Team B gives

Kareem Hunt

Mitch Trubisky

Corey Coleman 

2018 2nd round

I guess I'm not as high on Ajayi as most of you. Like I said I shopped him to all the rb needy teams in the league and no one was really interested. Maybe it was because he hasn't really done much this year and because the dolphins look pretty bad. If I was a contender I dont trade him for that but I'm rebuilding and wanted to get a player in Robinson that I like better then Ajayi.

He traded those pieces to my top competition in the division. All those players will immediately plug in as starters for that guy.
If your mad, you knew I was shopping all my guys, you coulda traded for them

I guess I'm not as high on Ajayi as most of you. Like I said I shopped him to all the rb needy teams in the league and no one was really interested. Maybe it was because he hasn't really done much this year and because the dolphins look pretty bad. If I was a contender I dont trade him for that but I'm rebuilding and wanted to get a player in Robinson that I like better then Ajayi.

If your mad, you knew I was shopping all my guys, you coulda traded for them
On both of those trades the key is you were going to move those guys, shopped them, and got market price.  Market price = what people in your league will pay, not what I think people in my league will pay or in your league should pay.  My appraisal is that you sold a little short, but actual buyers/sellers dictate price.

10 Team No PPR standard scoring IDP dynasty

Team A receives: AB. Oliver Vernon

Team B receives: Amari Cooper and 2018 1st(likely late)

Users who are viewing this thread