What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

Magic_Man said:
Ertz. Wish I could get him for something like that, but his owner wants Gronk++
Must say I was quite giddy when I received this offer. I'm pretty well stacked and young everywhere now as Graham was my weakest link. Also not a believer in Funchess and think his value will only decrease as time goes on. 

dmac37 said:
Gave: Graham, Funchess, Peterson, T. Green

Get: Ertz, 3.2
Ertz

Team A: AJ Green

Team B: Robby Anderson, 2018 pick 2.04, 2019 1st probably mid round.
"Probably" mid round, never know. I would take AJ here, but it's not "worst offer" worthy. 

12 Team PPR:

Gave: 1.9, 2.11, Breida

Got: Freeman
Good trade. Freeman still has a lot left in the tank I think. 

If not for Anderson's off season issues, I might actually prefer the picks with Robby; depending on the plan for the team. 
I’d have to be really confident that was a top 3 pick and that Anderson was getting Cousins and that he would stay out of trouble and that Enunwa wasn’t going to overtake him. Nah, even then not close for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d have to be really confident that was a top 3 pick and that Anderson was getting Cousins and that he would stay out of trouble and that Enunwa wasn’t going to overtake him. Nah, even then not close for me.
I like Enunwa but I think there's room for both. 

Even with mccown (but no Enunwa) Anderson only had 12/ 130/ 1 less than green last year, is 5 years younger, and I thought played pretty well. He's not Green, but the picks make up for that somewhat for a rebuilding team. 

I wouldn't do this trade now, and it really isn't close now. I'm just saying before his antics this off season it could have been a decent move.

Superflex league with deep rosters...not involved:

Team A gets Pat Mahomes, late 3rd

Team B gets 1.3, 2019 1st, 2019 3rd

I haven't played in superflex, so would love to get the sense from those who do whether this is really in line with QB value in that format.  Seems rich to me and my traditional format sensibilities...

I haven't played in superflex, so would love to get the sense from those who do whether this is really in line with QB value in that format.  Seems rich to me and my traditional format sensibilities...
Looks ugly to me even if it were 2QB.  Although it might depend to some degree on number of teams and where the top rookie QB usually goes. I prefer Mahomes by a little bit to any rookie QB but not by this much.

It definitely is rich but that offer wouldn't get an elite qb, so this could still work out to be a value, and obviously both teams involved think he's really good. 

My problem with it isn't so much the price, it's that unless this is guy owns Brady or something, he's planning on starting mahomes right away, but still gave up his 2019 first. I'm not convinced mahomes is ready to be a top fantasy option in his first year as a starter

1.3 will probably be used on a QB in that format so it comes down to whether you think Mahomes is a 2019 1st better than one of the top 2 QBs in this year's class.  That's debateable but I think his value is definitely a fair bit higher than the rookie QBs right now.

1.3 will probably be used on a QB in that format so it comes down to whether you think Mahomes is a 2019 1st better than one of the top 2 QBs in this year's class.  That's debateable but I think his value is definitely a fair bit higher than the rookie QBs right now.
True, but let's reassess after the combine, then draft. I suspect by May you might be able to get Mahomes straight (or without adding much) for whoever the #2 QB is at that time.

True, but let's reassess after the combine, then draft. I suspect by May you might be able to get Mahomes straight (or without adding much) for whoever the #2 QB is at that time.
I'll give you 3 equally talented qbs and you can pick one to invest heavily in.  The guy from Cleveland, the jets or Kansas city. 

This is a pretty out there point.  If Barkley hits no one in any real league is sitting him on their bench.  That person is getting kicked out of the league.  It's not a real point.
All of my leauges have contract year limits and taxi squads.  It's entirely possible to stash Barkley on DTS for his first year or two until the team is competitive.  Starting that contract clock ticking before you have to is risky at best and disastrous at worst.

Do your miles reset from college to the pro's?

50 games in college, 1007 offensive touches, add 550 offensive touches in the NFL while missing essentially all of this year, thats a fair amount
Just about all stud college players get 200-300 touches per year.  He also spread those out over an extra calendar year, so he's not going to be high mileage for a guy his age.

All of my leauges have contract year limits and taxi squads.  It's entirely possible to stash Barkley on DTS for his first year or two until the team is competitive.  Starting that contract clock ticking before you have to is risky at best and disastrous at worst.
Is one of those leagues the league in question here?  I didn't see them mention anything about this in that league so I don't see how this is relevant.  It looks like it's a normal, non-contract dynasty league.  It's not a real point worth considering there.

Is one of those leagues the league in question here?  I didn't see them mention anything about this in that league so I don't see how this is relevant.  It looks like it's a normal, non-contract dynasty league.  It's a ridiculous point he was making.
Your words were "If Barkley hits no one in any real league".  I assure you my leagues are quite real.  I'm sure there are a whole lot of posters here that play in similar leagues that would probably agree their leagues are real.  I'll let him answer whether his league is similar or not, but from where I sit you're the one making the ridiculous point.

Your words were "If Barkley hits no one in any real league".  I assure you my leagues are quite real.  I'm sure there are a whole lot of posters here that play in similar leagues that would probably agree their leagues are real.  I'll let him answer whether his league is similar or not, but from where I sit you're the one making the ridiculous point.
Holy cow dude you are being pedantic.  Use some context here.  2 of my 3 "dynasty" leagues are actually contract leagues with taxi squads so I get how those leagues work, but it was pretty obvious what the context of the conversation was here.

But you're right, I did use the word "any".  So I guess next time when someone says "I'll take OBJ over Trey Burton in any league" you'll jump in here to  :grad:  them that in a start 12 TE and 1 WR league where you get 50 bonus points if your last name rhymes with flirtin', Trey has more value.

Next time I'll spell it out more clearly.  No one in a situation like he was describing with a stud scorer on their active roster is going to sit them on their bench all year to get a better draft pick unless they're playing in some garbage high school B-league where people don't care if a team just benches all their good players for 13 games to tank.  He even mentioned it being unethical so it's pretty clear he wasn't talking about putting him on a TS prior to the season in a contract league.  His whole point was that if you have DJ you have a shorter window so it doesn't make sense to not play your good players and try to win instead of just going full on tank mode and benching the guys that actually score fantasy points.  It was a silly point that has no place in any serious fantasy league.

Better? 

FreeBaGeL said:
Holy cow dude you are being pedantic.  Use some context here.  2 of my 3 "dynasty" leagues are actually contract leagues with taxi squads so I get how those leagues work, but it was pretty obvious what I was talking about.

Next time I'll spell it out more clearly for you.  No one in a situation like he was describing with a stud scorer on their active roster is going to sit them on their bench all year to get a better draft pick unless they're playing in some garbage high school B-league where people don't care if a team just benches all their good players for 13 games to tank.  His whole point was that if you have DJ you have a shorter window so you're "stuck" having to actually play your good players instead of just going full on tank mode and benching everyone that actually scores fantasy points all year long.  It was a ridiculous point that has no place in any serious fantasy league.

Better?  Sheesh.  Did we really need to waste all that internet space typing it out that way so you could use semantics to brag that you play in contract leagues?
I took you at the words you wrote.  You want me to start assuming you mean something other than what you wrote?  Yeah that's going to get good results on the Internet.  But sure, I'll do that.  I'll start by assuming you meant I would brag about something worth bragging about rather than the format of my leagues - my salary perhaps?  It's quite generous after all.

And again, the leagues I am in are quite serious.  Not sure why or with what authority you find id necessary to dismiss taxi-style leagues, they are quite popular.  You could have made your point just as well without being condescending about it.

I'll give you 3 equally talented qbs and you can pick one to invest heavily in.  The guy from Cleveland, the jets or Kansas city. 
Its more than that.

A. Mahomes

B. Josh Rosen, browns 

C. Baker Mayfield, Jets 

D. Josh Allen, broncos 

E. Lamar Jackson, cardinals 

You'll get to pick your choice of 3 from the bottom 4.  I think most people would prefer Mahomes and I wouldn't disagree. But I think the value will be closer than it is today, closer than a 1st anyway.

Eta: and this is ignoring Guice and this is superflex, not start 2. So maybe you'd prefer Guice to Mahomes, depending on scoring and settings. I don't remember if it was said, is this a 12 team league?

Team A got Sammy Watkins, 3.12

Team B got Alex Collins, 2.01
I’m *this* close to taking the 2.1 for Watkins if offered it. I think I’d take the Collins/2.1 side if I weren’t weaker at WR than RB in the league Where I own Watkins. I’m about ready to jump off the Watkins train though. 

TL;DR version: looks like a fair trade to me. 

I would go with pick 3 and the 2019 1st even if projected late.  Seems like a future 1st for free in this draft where there is a top talent RB and at least a few really good QB prospects.

What is Cooks' contract at?  What is the impact of Green's 0 contract - is there some type of FA process you have to bid/draft/pay for him?  This looks like league parameters matter a lot here.
Contracts expire after 3 years owner has until 15 March to trade or release AJG. Cooks has 3 years left.  Once player is traded the new owner has 3 years.

Matt's Eagles said:
Contracts expire after 3 years owner has until 15 March to trade or release AJG. Cooks has 3 years left.  Once player is traded the new owner has 3 years.
It’s a good deal then- an asset that was set to disappear is now an asset. 

Really? I can see preferring that side but landslide? I’ll take the ar15 side myself, I’m with @FreeBaGeL with the alshon assesment. 
DT and Jeffery both likely match AR in short-term scoring in my book, I’ll take the free starter.

Mediocre year for AR and then where is his value? Expecting DeDe and Cole to have roles much bigger than any competition AR had in his last big year.

A move to add a free starter like this allows me to be more aggressive in trading points to buy a rookie/2nd year guy elsewhere. 

Not/never been super high on Robinson. Jeffery is the best player in the deal for me. 

Matt's Eagles said:
Sounds like a tough league to catch up in - does everyone just rotate studs around every three years?  Heck probably every tier - trade Golden Tate for Hilton, boom each has 3 years left?

Users who are viewing this thread