What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

12 Tm PPR, 6 pt passing:  Q - RR - WW - T - FF - D

A gets: Bell
B gets: Fournette, Godwin, 2.03

A gets: Evans, Freeman, Keenum
C gets: Bell, C.Davis, Bridgewater 

Last edited by a moderator:
I struggle with how the just turned 25 year old (happy birthday MT) that just put up B2B Mid WR1 seasons (and set the record for most receptions in his first 2 years in the league)  + the Bears present WR1 and a late 2 is bad value for the 1.1. And I’m a PSU grad who loves Barkley.
I think calling Meredith the current Bears #1 is false advertising...I can see why that can be said but I would say he is more a decent WR prospect who is coming off of a big injury on a team with a subpar passing game that will probably be pushing him down a slot or two as a threat this offseason...he is a nothing-special asset right now...definitely worth having on your roster but not close to being a key cog in a major deal...the 2.11 is another nothing special asset when you are talking about a potential franchise RB like Barkley...Thomas is the jewel of this deal...I absolutely love him and think he is going to be a legit #1 for a long time...definitely a guy to target if you are gutsy enough to move Barkley...that being said prospects like Barkley do not come along often and Meredith and a 2.11 are nowhere near enough to make this deal worthwhile...the bottom-line is you can and should do better than this if you are moving the 1.1 this year...

I'd settle for Tom Waddle.  I like Meredith, actually.  Can't get anyone to buy him.  Probably a hold and see.  Hopefully the new coach is ok with calling a passing play in the 4th quarter once in a while.
At least they have an offensive Coach...will be interesting to see what we are thinking about guys like Trubisky, Howard, Cohen and Shaheen this time next year...

At least they have an offensive Coach...will be interesting to see what we are thinking about guys like Trubisky, Howard, Cohen and Shaheen this time next year...
Yeah for sure.  I really couldn't bring myself to watch most weeks under Fox.  I liked what I saw from Trubisky last year.  Howard is just another RB to me (solid, though).  Cohen might be special and I barely got to see Shaheen.  And I *think* I'd be ok with Landry going there, but I thought Meredith was supposed to be the slot guy.  I feel like there aren't really any WRs available in the draft that are worth a darn, and not really in FA either.

Yeah for sure.  I really couldn't bring myself to watch most weeks under Fox.  I liked what I saw from Trubisky last year.  Howard is just another RB to me (solid, though).  Cohen might be special and I barely got to see Shaheen.  And I *think* I'd be ok with Landry going there, but I thought Meredith was supposed to be the slot guy.  I feel like there aren't really any WRs available in the draft that are worth a darn, and not really in FA either.
I think adding Landry would be a great move...will probably have to overpay him but you have to put Trubisky in a position to succeed and that passing game needs weapons in the worst way...if Trubisky is legit than everything gets easier...you can now move forward...

12t ppr QB rb rb wr wr wr te flx 21 man rosters

Team A gets Fournette, Hyde, 2.7, 2.11

Team B gets 1.1, 3.9
I see that...Fournette is a legit #1 RB and Hyde is a quality fantasy RB (and a RB that is valued differently by many owners) and you can never have enough of those...since Team A did not deal any players they are probably adding Fournette and Hyde to a couple of other good RBs and this is now probably a real quality unit where you may have also upgraded your flex position...also, got a couple of picks where if you hit on one of them you are really loving life...solid deal...

12t ppr QB rb rb wr wr wr te flx 21 man rosters

Team A gets Fournette, Hyde, 2.7, 2.11

Team B gets 1.1, 3.9
1.1 on this deal and on that note in a FFPC format league of mine yesterday this trade was made:

Team A gets: 1.1

Team B gets: Fournette/Howard

I was not involved but prefer 1.1 in that deal as well.

Really? Thomas is a fine player but that seems really cheap to me. Especially if both flex can be RB. 
Yes, 2 years as a mid WR1. Along with bears present WR1 and a pick. I couldn’t fault either side. Barkley is “can’t miss” but he still could. 

Yes, 2 years as a mid WR1. Along with bears present WR1 and a pick. I couldn’t fault either side. Barkley is “can’t miss” but he still could. 
If Barkley pans out he's gonna be worth (3) Michael Thomas's.  Anything can happen but Barkley is about as bullet proof of a prospect that we've seen.

Also a lot of Thomas's value is tied into Brees.

If Barkley pans out he's gonna be worth (3) Michael Thomas's.  Anything can happen but Barkley is about as bullet proof of a prospect that we've seen.

This was my feeling when I saw the trade go through. I had what I felt were better offers on the table but I guess the guy loves MT. I like him but he's not top tier elite. Just a notch below. Barkley is going to be an elite top tier RB. Oh well.

This was my feeling when I saw the trade go through. I had what I felt were better offers on the table but I guess the guy loves MT. I like him but he's not top tier elite. Just a notch below. Barkley is going to be an elite top tier RB. Oh well.
So his first 2 years in the league finishing as a WR7 for both years in your average .5ppr league isn't elite?  Yeah ok. 

If if if. I’m going to assume you are being figurative here and don’t actually believe he would really be worth 3 Michael Thomas’ because I’m not aware of any player that has ever been worth 3 1st round startup picks. 

Also, I do not agree his value is all that tied into Brees. Brees was a low end QB1 this year and only attempted 536 passes which is ~20% under his average this decade and well under league average. Brees’ TDs were well down as well this year by ~35%. Thomas’ share of this low volume was at 28% which is typical  for a WR1.  It’s not like Thomas did this this year because of some crazy volume or high QB play. I would expect these numbers as the number WR1 to be very likely (Much safer than Barkley being worth 3 Thomas’) for the next couple of years and be low risk even after that when Brees moves on.

So his first 2 years in the league finishing as a WR7 for both years in your average .5ppr league isn't elite?  Yeah ok. 
Sure he is elite. I said "top tier elite". He isn't OBJ, Brown, or Nuk.  I'd say he has a higher floor but lower ceiling than Julio. But he isn't in that tier.

Sure he is elite. I said "top tier elite". He isn't OBJ, Brown, or Nuk.  I'd say he has a higher floor but lower ceiling than Julio. But he isn't in that tier.
Elite is elite, at least to me, but if you have different tiers of "eliteness" I think you're confusing yourself in your classifications and the people who read your posts.  Not trying to call you out just trying to clarify your response because it sounds like he isn't elite, but yet he is.  

Elite is elite, at least to me, but if you have different tiers of "eliteness" I think you're confusing yourself in your classifications and the people who read your posts.  Not trying to call you out just trying to clarify your response because it sounds like he isn't elite, but yet he is.  
The way I look at it is even though Thomas was WR #7, point wise he was closer to WR #28 than he was to WR #2 in my league. Brees got him 100+ catches in a run first offense, so yeah, put me in the group that thinks Brees is part of his success.

I'm not confused about putting OBJ, Nuk, and Brown in a tier above MT and the rest. Many would agree. I like MT but not as much as those 3. I feel like that's a pretty mainstream and simple opinion. 

16 team idp

1.07 + 3.07

for

Marlon Mack + Martavis Bryant
If you are a Martavis believer trying to pry him away from another Martavis believer, it would take a 1st in the range of 1.09 or better I'm thinking.  Mack showed well last year too in spot duty and now no Gore (although it seems very likely they add a RB to that backfield).  I can see both sides here, and unless there is a premium on QB, anything past 1.06 is a crap shoot to me.  

If you ask someone to list the elite WRs in the league you may have some that add Thomas in there, but most probably won’t. I think you’ve made a pretty solid case, and I don’t have a problem with him being the cornerstone of the trade, but I feel the supporting pieces could have been better. I also tie some of his value to brees which may not be accurate. He is very steady with 5+ catches and between 50-90 yds almost guarenteed, but lacks the monster multi td games those other names seem to have every year. Perhaps that’s why I feel this way. No multi td games until the playoffs, only a couple games over 100yds, only 5 tds this year. I take back the “it was pretty bad” take and replace it with “I’m not sure I’d take that.” 

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read Doug Williams said the Redskins will “definitely” be upgrading at RB felt it was the right time to move him. Plus I really need WR help in this league. That’s my logic at least 

When I read Doug Williams said the Redskins will “definitely” be upgrading at RB felt it was the right time to move him. Plus I really need WR help in this league. That’s my logic at least 
You don't need to explain why you'd give Thompson for the 1.10. 

The guy trading a first for a running back who has started one game, hasn't really even shown the potential to start, and whose team clearly wants to upgrade, seems to think he's getting a woodhead type PPR back. But you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who wouldn't take the pick here. 

You don't need to explain why you'd give Thompson for the 1.10. 

The guy trading a first for a running back who has started one game, hasn't really even shown the potential to start, and whose team clearly wants to upgrade, seems to think he's getting a woodhead type PPR back. But you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who wouldn't take the pick here. 
Thompson is really good and I believe they are looking to upgrade the 2 down backs but, he isn't worth the 1.10. I would pay mid 2nd for him though

If if if. I’m going to assume you are being figurative here and don’t actually believe he would really be worth 3 Michael Thomas’ because I’m not aware of any player that has ever been worth 3 1st round startup picks. 

Also, I do not agree his value is all that tied into Brees. Brees was a low end QB1 this year and only attempted 536 passes which is ~20% under his average this decade and well under league average. Brees’ TDs were well down as well this year by ~35%. Thomas’ share of this low volume was at 28% which is typical  for a WR1.  It’s not like Thomas did this this year because of some crazy volume or high QB play. I would expect these numbers as the number WR1 to be very likely (Much safer than Barkley being worth 3 Thomas’) for the next couple of years and be low risk even after that when Brees moves on.
I don't think people are so much concerned about him losing Brees in the next couple of years.  I think the concern is that in a couple of years they will be going through some kind of Paxton Lynch/Trevor Siemien/Mark Sanchez type of wringer at the position while they try to figure the position out.  There are probably 25 QB's that aren't an elite guy like Brees used to be that wouldn't scare MT owners, but there are some Kizers and Brissetts out there that are terrifying.

16 team IDP with 40 man rosters and $65k salary cap

Team A got Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB ($2738 for 1 year);Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB ($7384 for 6 years)
Team B got Watson, Deshaun HOU QB ($530 for 3 years);Kamara, Alvin NOS RB ($1456 for 3 years); Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.16

If you ask someone to list the elite WRs in the league you may have some that add Thomas in there, but most probably won’t. I think you’ve made a pretty solid case, and I don’t have a problem with him being the cornerstone of the trade, but I feel the supporting pieces could have been better. I also tie some of his value to brees which may not be accurate. He is very steady with 5+ catches and between 50-90 yds almost guarenteed, but lacks the monster multi td games those other names seem to have every year. Perhaps that’s why I feel this way. No multi td games until the playoffs, only a couple games over 100yds, only 5 tds this year. I take back the “it was pretty bad” take and replace it with “I’m not sure I’d take that.” 
I think if you tie his value to Brees then you also have to consider that his ceiling is limited by Brees as well.  He spreads the ball around to plenty of others which could be why he’s that “safe” kind of option with 5 for 60 floor type of deal every week.  I don’t have time right now to look up target data but I’d be interested to see it.

Another Parker deal in one of my leagues.

12-team PPR.  

DeVante Parker for 2.01
I'd take Parker

Team B flipped the 1.1 with the 2.2 and 3.2

FOR

D Cook and 1.2

Eta: I am not involved in any of these deals.  I offered Bell for the 1.1 to each team that has had the 1.1 and was turned down every time
Love Barkley as much as anyone and would not criticize giving 1.2 and Dalvin but that's more than I'd give.

menobrown said:
I'd take Parker

Love Barkley as much as anyone and would not criticize giving 1.2 and Dalvin but that's more than I'd give.
Agree on both. Only way I'm making the second trade is if I'm absurdly deep at the position and rosters are fairly small.

TheBottomLine said:
Another Parker deal in one of my leagues.

12-team PPR.  

DeVante Parker for 2.01
I would want Parker. It sounds likely that Landry is gone. Parker has had some nice but inconsistent production. It seems like if Landry is gone this is his time to grow into a larger role. Trading him for 2.01 feels like someone wanting to finally bail out on him because they think he will flop with his opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread