What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

12 team PPR 1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex

Team A trades:

Patrick Mahomes

Melvin Gordon

Team B trades:

Matt Ryan

Michael Thomas

Wasn't involved in this one, just thought I’d drop it in since I posted a Mahomes trade last week that sparked some chatter.
I uh.......uhh......I dont know.   Tough one.  

Very insightful I know.

12 team PPR 1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex

Team A trades:

Patrick Mahomes

Melvin Gordon

Team B trades:

Matt Ryan

Michael Thomas

Wasn't involved in this one, just thought I’d drop it in since I posted a Mahomes trade last week that sparked some chatter.
Interesting trade. I lean Thomas in 1QB/1RB format.

16tm ppr w/ IDP & ret yard scoring

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2OFlx 1DL/2LB/1DB/2DFlx

Gave: 1.10, '20 1st (should be late), 3.13, 5.02

Got: T Hill, Jaylon Smith

Second big trade of 2019 offseason.  In the early stages of a tear it down to the studs level rebuild.  10 team superflex PPR league.

I sent:

Travis Kelce, Tom Brady, Jordan Howard

I got:

1.4, DJ Moore, Rashaad Penny, 2020 2nd (likely late)

coachoneill said:
Second big trade of 2019 offseason.  In the early stages of a tear it down to the studs level rebuild.  10 team superflex PPR league.

I sent:

I got:

Seems like you sold very light

That's interesting because in our league group chat the consensus was the exact opposite.  Universal praise for my side and derision for my trade partner.  Slightly smaller TE market among the win now teams as the league winner last year has Kittle and Howard, 4th place has Ertz.  Coupled with me being one of three very defined rebuilders and less options than usual.  Appreciate the feedback. 

I agree with your league.
I also feel a little bit of context is required to understand from trade partner's perspective.  His QB3 before this trade was Ryan Tannehill.  He has Wilson and Goff as his likely starters but Brady is an upgrade there, even if he is ancient.  His tight ends were the exhumed corpses of Kyle Rudolph and Jimmy Graham.  Going from those guys to arguably the favorite for TE1 is self evident.  Running back group was also very dicey, so absent the Eagles drafting someone high this week, Howard will be his RB2.  I still prefer my side in a vacuum but when you add in the positional need and win now imperative combined help to get this done. 

That's interesting because in our league group chat the consensus was the exact opposite.  Universal praise for my side and derision for my trade partner.  Slightly smaller TE market among the win now teams as the league winner last year has Kittle and Howard, 4th place has Ertz.  Coupled with me being one of three very defined rebuilders and less options than usual.  Appreciate the feedback. 
I wonder how the league would feel if that trade was for OBJ or JuJu instead of Kelce.  Because even though I know many of us as individuals will disagree with Kelce being worth that much, that is who his ADP lies between in FFPC startup drafts.

I wonder how the league would feel if that trade was for OBJ or JuJu instead of Kelce.  Because even though I know many of us as individuals will disagree with Kelce being worth that much, that is who his ADP lies between in FFPC startup drafts.
I'm not familiar with FFPC formatting.  Is there some sort of TE premium there?  Because I shopped Kelce extensively and I got the sense I wouldn't have sniffed Juju or Beckham even adding in a significant piece with Kelce.  

I do disagree that Kelce should be worth that much in FFPC but that's also TE premium which this league is not.

I do disagree that Kelce should be worth that much in FFPC but that's also TE premium which this league is not.
Oops for some reason I thought I had read FFPC in the post but I clearly mixed that up from somewhere else.

Carry-on then.  Way too much for Kelce especially in non-TE premium.

I'm not familiar with FFPC formatting.  Is there some sort of TE premium there?  Because I shopped Kelce extensively and I got the sense I wouldn't have sniffed Juju or Beckham even adding in a significant piece with Kelce.  
Yes FFPC is TE premium and my mistake, I mixed it up with an FFPC trade I was discussing on another forum.

coachoneill said:

I sent:

I got:

Non-TE premium? I’ll take your side, for sure. Moore could explode this year. 

coachoneill said:

I sent:

I got:

You tore out your studs, and took it down to the foundation.  In reality you hope and pray that Moore pans out to be a consistent WR1 and you hit the ####### jackpot on that 1.4 pick.

You gave up a consensus top-2 TE and a RB who admittedly doesn't have much trade value at the moment but is in a favorable situation (barring the results of this week's NFL draft).  Brady is a tremendous 2nd QB for superflex, and should likely be a borderline QB1 himself in a 10-team league.  Next to zero trade value due to age, though. 

I think based on what you gave up, that 2020 2nd is going to be late because the team you got it from is win-now.

You tore out your studs, and took it down to the foundation.  In reality you hope and pray that Moore pans out to be a consistent WR1 and you hit the ####### jackpot on that 1.4 pick.

You gave up a consensus top-2 TE and a RB who admittedly doesn't have much trade value at the moment but is in a favorable situation (barring the results of this week's NFL draft).  Brady is a tremendous 2nd QB for superflex, and should likely be a borderline QB1 himself in a 10-team league.  Next to zero trade value due to age, though. 

I think based on what you gave up, that 2020 2nd is going to be late because the team you got it from is win-now.
That is a pretty good summation.  I hadn't been able to win with a core of AB, Kelce, Keenan Allen, David Johnson, so elected to get out before they all get a year older.  I also traded for 1.2 so I think 1.4 frees me up to maybe take a bigger swing that I would if I just had 1.4.  Obviously you want to hit home runs with every pick, but knowing my risk tolerance is probably lower than average, having that second shot might make me more inclined to take a Metcalf, Butler (or insert prospect with high ceiling here).  

That is a pretty good summation.  I hadn't been able to win with a core of AB, Kelce, Keenan Allen, David Johnson, so elected to get out before they all get a year older.  I also traded for 1.2 so I think 1.4 frees me up to maybe take a bigger swing that I would if I just had 1.4.  Obviously you want to hit home runs with every pick, but knowing my risk tolerance is probably lower than average, having that second shot might make me more inclined to take a Metcalf, Butler (or insert prospect with high ceiling here).  
I'd love to hear what you got for AB, Keenan Allen or David Johnson.  This seems like a terrible offseason to receive good value for any of them.

I'd love to hear what you got for AB, Keenan Allen or David Johnson.  This seems like a terrible offseason to receive good value for any of them.
AB is still on my roster.  Suffice to say I haven't been able to find many suitors.  

Prior trade:

Sent:

Allen, DJ, John Brown, Tyler Lockett, Roethlisberger 

for

1.2, Watson (superflex), Chris Godwin, Ito Smith, 2020 2nd (likely late).

12 team PPR

Sent Cook and Pettis

Got Mixon and Kirk

Trying to divest some shares of Cook where I am able, In a vacuum I think its a lateral move but for the purposes of not owning cook on 80% of my teams I think I am alright with it

12 team PPR

Sent Cook and Pettis

Got Mixon and Kirk

Trying to divest some shares of Cook where I am able, In a vacuum I think its a lateral move but for the purposes of not owning cook on 80% of my teams I think I am alright with it
Think that is a pretty even trade.  I would prefer Mixon and Pettis by small margins.  Unknown is how much removing the specter of Marvin Lewis from Cincy helps Mixon's receiving upside.  

12 team PPR

Sent Cook and Pettis

Got Mixon and Kirk

I like Mixon more than Cook and Kirk more than Pettis.

So I'm pretty sure I'll take your side...

On second thought nevermind.  I can see both sides and the value is quite a bit closer than I thought at first glance.  Probably even and obviously in your favor sooner rather than later.  

Based on what you said the other guy had, sounds like he shoulda been the one rebuilding, not dealing for kelce and brady

12 Team PPR

Team A got Will Fuller, Tyrell Williams and 1.12

Team B got Phillip Lindsey, Devin Funchess, 3.8, 4.8 and 2020 2nd rd pick

I think we saw Williams best season in 2016.
And we haven't seen Tyrell's? I'd rather have Funchess than Tyrell Williams. Both are more athlete than WR, but Funchess is in a better spot and younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindsay continues to be criminally under valued around here....
I like Lindsay a lot, but I think 2018 was an exception, not the rule for him. He still has value but the time is right to sell if you can get some monster value for him. Him and Aaron Jones, IMO, are great sells right now. 

Lindsay is the best player in that deal but Fuller is very solid so him plus the 1.12 isn’t to bad. The other stuff i don’t care abt to much, guess I’d probably rather have funchess and hope Luck gets a lot out of him.

Roster would matter for me, could go either side

On second thought nevermind.  I can see both sides and the value is quite a bit closer than I thought at first glance.  Probably even and obviously in your favor sooner rather than later.  

Based on what you said the other guy had, sounds like he shoulda been the one rebuilding, not dealing for kelce and brady
The unknown context here is the guy I made this trade with has an incredible receiving core.  We start 3 WR's and an additional 2 flexes.  

His likely starting receivers/flex candidates

Hopkins, Thielen, Juju, Robert Woods, Corey Davis, Sterling Shepard.  Adding the huge upgrade with Kelce and moderate upgrade with Howard (really) leaves his likely lineup as

QB/SF: Wilson, Goff

RB: James White, Howard

WR: Hopkins, Thielen, Juju

TE: Kelce

Flex: Robert Woods

Flex: Corey Davis or Sterling Shepard.

RB still a weakness but he eliminated the barren hole at TE for the price of a guy in Moore who absent a meteoric rise wasn't getting in the lineup regularly except for maybe at Flex 2.

I like Lindsay a lot, but I think 2018 was an exception, not the rule for him. He still has value but the time is right to sell if you can get some monster value for him. Him and Aaron Jones, IMO, are great sells right now. 
Lindsay only got 12 carries and 3 targets a game. He looked great and was extremely productive. Why are we expecting a sizable regression?  What incentive do the Broncos have to reduce his touches? 

I don’t get the hesitation with Lindsay. He doesn’t have the upside of some of his peers, as he’ll likely never be a 20 touch guy. But nothing about his season looked fluky to me. The kid can absolutely play and there is still upside in the passing game.

I thought it was just the Royce fans for a while, but it seems the majority are down on Lindsay.

Edit: And I totally get not wanting to invest in a player with limited upside; I get why people might not be high on him. I just don’t get why we would see 2018 as a fluke.

You have always been a pretty staunch supporter of A. Jones if I recall.  Why the change of heart?  Just curious - I own him and dont disagree with you - the situation makes me nervous but I am surprised to see you express this opinion.  Wondewring what transpired to make you feel this way.  Change of coaching staffs would seem on the surface to be positive or neutral for him, not negative.

Lindsay only got 12 carries and 3 targets a game. He looked great and was extremely productive. Why are we expecting a sizable regression?  What incentive do the Broncos have to reduce his touches? 

I don’t get the hesitation with Lindsay. He doesn’t have the upside of some of his peers, as he’ll likely never be a 20 touch guy. But nothing about his season looked fluky to me. The kid can absolutely play and there is still upside in the passing game.

I thought it was just the Royce fans for a while, but it seems the majority are down on Lindsay.

Edit: And I totally get not wanting to invest in a player with limited upside; I get why people might not be high on him. I just don’t get why we would see 2018 as a fluke.
Full disclosure, I was down on Cohen last year and he proved me wrong, but in his stats lies where my reservations for Lindsay are. 

I think we've seen Lindsay's ceiling already. Also, I see Lindsay's projected production similar to how Cohen produced- very erratically. Is he someone you want as your RB1? no. RB2? I wouldnt. If he is a flex option I think he is very valuable. Right now people value him as an every week RB2, and that's where I dislike him. 

Many years ago I was bitten bad by Chad Johnsons streaky games. He seemed like a high end WR2, but when you looked at his games he either single handedly won you your week or he produced 4/55. Probably better as a flex player. My concern is that Lindsay ends up down this same path

You have always been a pretty staunch supporter of A. Jones if I recall.  Why the change of heart?  Just curious - I own him and dont disagree with you - the situation makes me nervous but I am surprised to see you express this opinion.  Wondewring what transpired to make you feel this way.  Change of coaching staffs would seem on the surface to be positive or neutral for him, not negative.
It's become more and more clear to me that Jones is very talented and one of top 50% RBs in the league. However I dont think he is made to be a great fantasy RB for the long term. 

I'm not sure he is a workhorse guy. Right now his stock is pretty high yet, and this is a make or break year for him. If he gets hurt a 3rd year in a row or fails to take the reigns in that offense, his stock should fall considerably. 

Also, there is the injury side of things. two minor-ish knee injuries in back to back seasons. That isn't a good sign. One more and we can officially label him injury prone. 

I do think that GB could take a RB round 2 or 3. That would torpedo Jones' value. Gute has said he loves Jones and wants him on the field as much as possible, but he hasnt stayed healthy. Williams is JAG. They dont really have anyone after those 2. I dlnt expect them to take a RB early, as they have S, OL, LB, WR, and TE needs, but I wouldnt be surprised. Keep in mind, Williams and Jones are TTs guys, not Gute's. probably :tinfoilhat:  but in my case I made him available and received a really good offer for him. I cant fault someone for holding him.I just look at risk/reward, and think if I can get a good price why not; I think there is potential that this is his sell high point due to RBBC/draft/injury concerns. Concerns are adding up... one is bound to strike 

I think we've seen Lindsay's ceiling already.
Hard for me to agree to this line of thinking when he was surrounded by a pitiful supporting cast last year.  I believe Denver made a huge hire with Mularkey who I think will do miracles with their OL, like the Scangarello OC hire due to Kyle/Mike Shanahan coaching tree with deep roots in RB success, feel like Flacco is at least an upgrade over Keenum, they might take a TE early and if Sanders is healthy the two rookie WR's from last year should be better. In short everything around him looks better and you are the second person to say he reached his zenith or will never have a year like that again.  I can't get my head around that. I don't think he has a lot more upside over what he was last year,  just hard for me to think it was the best we've seen.

Hard for me to agree to this line of thinking when he was surrounded by a pitiful supporting cast last year.  I believe Denver made a huge hire with Mularkey who I think will do miracles with their OL, like the Scangarello OC hire due to Kyle/Mike Shanahan coaching tree with deep roots in RB success, feel like Flacco is at least an upgrade over Keenum, they might take a TE early and if Sanders is healthy the two rookie WR's from last year should be better. In short everything around him looks better and you are the second person to say he reached his zenith or will never have a year like that again.  I can't get my head around that. I don't think he has a lot more upside over what he was last year,  just hard for me to think it was the best we've seen.
Do you think he pushes Freeman out? or that he just does more with what he is given? or something else?(not trying to out words in your mouth)

Users who are viewing this thread