What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

I would of thought they'd be viewed similar.  The only advantage I have in Hockenson's favor is age.  Waller was a good WR prospect in terms of size and athleticism but college production was really there.  He found his home as a TE and at the Raiders after his drug issues.  He's only 27 and could be a top TE for the next 5 years if what we're seeing now is legit.  
Maybe I’m undervaluing Waller due to inertia, and the fact I plucked him off of offseason waivers vs trading up in the rookie draft for Hock (I watched the game vs DEN and Waller looked great). But I think I’m still higher on him than consensus. Hock just looked like a generational TE prospect, whereas it’s harder to tell with an OK big WR convert—but that’s similar to a lot of the greats showing up as basketball converts rather than blue chip TE prospects, so it’s certainly not impossible he winds up the better player (for fantasy at least).

TLDR: Hock feels like he’s got Gronk upside, but maybe Waller has a shot at being another Graham. I’d be stoked to have either and am ecstatic to have both.

12 team, 2 keeper (forever, no penalties), can trade future draft picks

Team A: received Mixon (keeper), Hooper, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd (essentially 3rd and 4th round redraft)

Team B: received Barkley (keeper)

Team A is lower/middle of the pack fighting for a playoff spot, now with keepers of Mixon, Adams. Team B is a non-contender, has been hoarding high 2020 draft picks (still has 3 2020 1st's and a 2nd), has Elliott as other keeper.

10-team keeper; ppc and elevated ppr for RBs, QBs have elevated scoring for ppc and rushing yds:

gave - late 2020 1st, S Diggs

got - M Ingram

separate trade, same league:

gave - late 2020 1st + 2nd, B Mayfield, P Campbell

got - K Allen, R Wilson

Through draft day trades and the above listed, I’ve managed to turn 

S Michel, S Diggs, B Mayfield, P Campbell, 2019 1.04 + 2.04 

-into-

M Ingram, K, Allen, Z Ertz, R Wilson, early 2020 1st

12 team, 2 keeper (forever, no penalties), can trade future draft picks

Team A: received Mixon (keeper), Hooper, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd (essentially 3rd and 4th round redraft)

Team B: received Barkley (keeper)

Team A is lower/middle of the pack fighting for a playoff spot, now with keepers of Mixon, Adams. Team B is a non-contender, has been hoarding high 2020 draft picks (still has 3 2020 1st's and a 2nd), has Elliott as other keeper.
Barkley by a lot in a full dynasty.  Barkley by a whole mega super lot in a keep 2.

Huge one!  Saquon moved in QRRWWWTSFFF (start 11 SuperFlex TE Premium) league:

Team A is full rebuild (lost Luck, and was not really a contender before that)

Team B is looking like a real title contender.

Team A gets:

Saquon Barkley

Team B gets:

Nick Chubb

Will Fuller

Teddy Bridgewater

Last edited by a moderator:
Barkley by a lot in a full dynasty.  Barkley by a whole mega super lot in a keep 2.
So team A essentially gets an extra 3rd and 4th round redraft pick next season? I’d say it’s a lot closer in dynasty formats, personally. I don’t play in a keep 2 league, so I haven’t put a whole lot of though into it; but at first glance I’d be tempted. 

So team A essentially gets an extra 3rd and 4th round redraft pick next season? I’d say it’s a lot closer in dynasty formats, personally. I don’t play in a keep 2 league, so I haven’t put a whole lot of though into it; but at first glance I’d be tempted. 
My thinking is long-term in a keep 2 league studs rule.  The trade is really only a plus for the other side next year, after that they may end up with 0 of the guys they got back for Barkley going forward.

My thinking is long-term in a keep 2 league studs rule.  The trade is really only a plus for the other side next year, after that they may end up with 0 of the guys they got back for Barkley going forward.
But they don’t actually own Barkley, only the right to use a first round pick on him each year. That’s certainly valuable, but nothing like owning a player in dynasty leagues. Even if they crap out on the additional picks, they still get to replace Barkley from a pool that is going to include some talent. In theory, some teams are going to be surrendering top 15 players into the pool every year. Every time a late round pick breaks out - take McCaffrey last season or Kamara the year before - a former top 24 pick goes into the pool in their place.

That’s if my general assumptions about the format are accurate.  Maybe I’m way off.

But they don’t actually own Barkley, only the right to use a first round pick on him each year. That’s certainly valuable, but nothing like owning a player in dynasty leagues. Even if they crap out on the additional picks, they still get to replace Barkley from a pool that is going to include some talent. In theory, some teams are going to be surrendering top 15 players into the pool every year. Every time a late round pick breaks out - take McCaffrey last season or Kamara the year before - a former top 24 pick goes into the pool in their place.

That’s if my general assumptions about the format are accurate.  Maybe I’m way off.
I don't think that's right. I assumed his "no penalties" statement meant you're not giving anything up to keep them. Him saying the 1st/2nd were essentially a 3rd/4th seems to jive with that as he's basically saying 24 players are already gone (keepers) before you get to use that 1st round pick. 

I don't think that's right. I assumed his "no penalties" statement meant you're not giving anything up to keep them. Him saying the 1st/2nd were essentially a 3rd/4th seems to jive with that as he's basically saying 24 players are already gone (keepers) before you get to use that 1st round pick. 
Reading it again, I think you're right. Ignore me. 

I'm Team B getting Barkley and the above was my thinking. Having a mountain of extra picks is nice and all but I thought it was worth it to cash some of them in, even if a slight overpay, for the ultimate dynasty/keeper prize.

No penalties for keeping players, everyone must keep 2 prior to the draft, top shelf keepers are the same as dynasty studs. RB's are highly coveted in this league. The top of the draft board after 24 players are kept is usually 1 low end RB1, 3-4 mid-low RB2's, 3-4 low end WR1's, all rookie RB's.

Team A was in a tough spot being down their 2020 1st prior to this trade. They had a choice of 1) make the trade, try to compete this year, recoup their 1st, have a bonus 2020 2nd, new keeper in Mixon or 2) watch 2019 flame out, enter the 2020 draft minus their 1st, not be able to draft a RB2 until end of the 2nd (4th round redraft - RB20+), hold onto Barkley. Team A will now pick 5-8 range next year. All top RB's and coveted rookie RB's will be gone then. He'll be stuck with a Fournette, Conner, maybe Jacobs if lucky type RB there. He won't take a low end WR1 knowing there will be scraps at RB by the time he picks again in the 2nd.

I thought it was close but would've held onto Barkley in his situation. Appreciate the feedback from both of you on this.

From my mediocre team to his even more mediocre team. 0.5 PPR dynasty, non-IDP

Gave: Hockenson, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd

Got: Keenan Allen, 2020 3rd
Same league, same teams

Gave: Mike Williams, 2020 3rd

Got: Josh Gordon

Don't like having multiple WRs from the same team and I'm hoping like heck Gordon continues keeping his nose clean for the Pats. 

10 Man 2QB

Gave:  Chris Herndon, 2020 3rd

Got:  Gardner Minshew

I don't necessarily need Gardner at the moment, as I have Wilson, Kyler, and Mariota/Tannehill.  But man, I just wanted the dude.  I think he's awesome.  And you can never have enough QB's in a two-quarterback league.  I have Kittle at TE.

12 Team PPR TE premium Dynasty.  

Team A gave:  2020 1st (projected late), 2020 3rd (projected late), Bridgewater, Haskins, Moncrief, Doyle... (team needed WR, has Watson, Garroppolo, Minschew, Rothlisberger at QB)

Team B gave:  DJ Moore, KeeSean Johnson, Carr... (team on a fire sale, has accumulated 11 picks - 5 1sts and 3 2nds)

12 Team PPR TE premium Dynasty.  

Team A gave:  2020 1st (projected late), 2020 3rd (projected late), Bridgewater, Haskins, Moncrief, Doyle... (team needed WR, has Watson, Garroppolo, Minschew, Rothlisberger at QB)

Team B gave:  DJ Moore, KeeSean Johnson, Carr... (team on a fire sale, has accumulated 11 picks - 5 1sts and 3 2nds)
so a late 2020 1st, late 2020 3rd, haskins for Moore and Keesean Johnson

IMO thats light for Moore

12 Team PPR (25 man roster with TS & IR)  2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE + 2 Flex 

I gave up LAC WR Mike Williams & TB RB Peyton Barber

I got ATL RB Devonta Freeman & JAX WR Marquis Lee 

I wanted RB3 upgrade over NOS L Murray and LAC M Williams was my WR4 (LAR R Woods, IND TY Hilton, OAK Tyrell Williams) plus TE Cook, Olsen & Warren.

Barber is likely bench-bound soon... I wanted to get Freeman while affordable. 

Hey, and FBG Dominator says it's a 1.15% Improvement for my ROS! 

12 team PPR, 25 man roster, keep 20.  Start 3 WR / 2 RB / 1 Flex / 1 TE

I had Thomas,  Jeffery, and Mike Williams as my 3 WRs, then Corey Davis, Anthony Miller, Trequan Smith types on the bench.  Went peddling for a WR for bye coverage/injuries/depth.  Made this trade after Week 1:  

Gave: DHenry and Knox
Got: Lockett and JWhite

Knox was a throw-in to avoid dropping him for the roster spot, other owner already has Kittle and Hockenson but opted to take him since the wire is bare.  After seeing his Week 3 game I'm wishing I'd thrown in Gesecki instead.  Very happy to get Lockett though, he's already helping with Jeffery dinged up

10 Man 2QB

Gave:  Chris Herndon, 2020 3rd

Got:  Gardner Minshew

I don't necessarily need Gardner at the moment, as I have Wilson, Kyler, and Mariota/Tannehill.  But man, I just wanted the dude.  I think he's awesome.  And you can never have enough QB's in a two-quarterback league.  I have Kittle at TE.
Seems like a bargain in 2qb

12 team, .5 PPR, start QRRWWWTEFlex, not involved 

TEAM A Gets: Phillip Rivers, Mike Evans, 2020 2nd (likely early)

TEAM B Gets: Patrick Mahomes, 2021 2nd

TEAM A also has Lamar Jackson, so they were trying to shop one of Mahomes or Jackson. 

Gave an average 2020 1st round pick for Evan Engram (as Hunter Henry has no real return date and Hock has been goose egging me and has a bye next week anyway).  Hope that I can turn Engram around in a few weeks and get a 1st back from someone in a TE hole.

Gave an average 2020 1st round pick for Evan Engram (as Hunter Henry has no real return date and Hock has been goose egging me and has a bye next week anyway).  Hope that I can turn Engram around in a few weeks and get a 1st back from someone in a TE hole.
Why not keep Engram and his consistent production and instead trade away one of the other two... Wish I could get Engram for a 2020 first but it’s near impossible in a TE premium league.  

Why not keep Engram and his consistent production and instead trade away one of the other two... Wish I could get Engram for a 2020 first but it’s near impossible in a TE premium league.  
Oh, I may.  No one's biting on Henry right now, though, and I don't want to sell low on Hock after back to back goose eggs.  A few decent games strung together from either and I can sell off to a TE needy team.  When healthy, I value them all about the same (in the 4-7 range).  I can afford to move one.

FFPC dynasty

Le'veon Bell

For

Mark Ingram
Interesting deal.  Ingram 2 years older and producing much better at the moment.  Bell looked decent and had a lot more room before Darnold went out so I would still lean his way for his youth, which sounds weird to say when talking about Bell.

FFPC dynasty

Nick Chubb, miles sanders

For

Amari Cooper, Sony Michel
I prefer Chubb to Cooper and Sanders to Michel so it's that side easy for me.  However it's a fair deal and I understand some people are very high on Cooper now with his hot start.

I hate doing "short term" deals in a dynasty - but, I just traded Josh Gordon for Ekeler (yes, I know Gordon is coming back - I also own Melvin Gordon).  10 team, non PPR - start QB, RB, WR, WR, flex, flex, TE, K, IDP.  I really need to win this week or my season is shot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
12 teams, start 2 QB, 2 TE, ppr

Gave: Brissett

Got: Cam

I'm gambling on Cam. It's risky given his injury history and the wear and tear on his body. Still, I see him sticking around for another 5+ years as a fringe QB1 with upside. 

dipandglide said:
12 teams, start 2 QB, 2 TE, ppr

Gave: Brissett

Got: Cam

I'm gambling on Cam. It's risky given his injury history and the wear and tear on his body. Still, I see him sticking around for another 5+ years as a fringe QB1 with upside. 
Easily worth the risk in 2QB to me.  I go Cam.  

PPR 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 2RB/WR/TE flex, PK, DST

Gave: 2020 1st mid/late

Got: Ekeler

Went down before last weekend's games and Gordon's return news broke.

Involved - 12 team PPR TE premium dynasty (have 7 of these types of teams)

Team A:  OJ Howard, Herndon, 2020 2nd (projected late around 8 - 12), 2020 3rd (same projection)

Team B:  D Henry, D Lewis...  wanted TEs.  

Team B needs RBs desperately, just D Freeman, Gore, J Richards... has Waller, Ebron, Goedart, Olsen, O'Shaughnessy, Oliver (TS) for TEs

PPR 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 2RB/WR/TE flex, PK, DST

Gave: 2020 1st mid/late

Got: Ekeler

Went down before last weekend's games and Gordon's return news broke.
Ugh. This is why you don't pay premium for guys that are replacable. Ekeler is good but it's situation more than talent. 

I don't blame the Barkley owner if he's competiting. Gurley + Julio is a nice win now package. They will both die on your team tho 😀

.5 PPR 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE flex, PK, DST

Aaron Jones

for 2020 1st (late) and 2021 1st (mid-late)
Wow. I'm surprised you got more than a 1st for Jones. See Ekeler. Jones is good but you'll always be sweating the NFL draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread